Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Track load delay

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Gnosis 5:40 AM - 23 July, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.4
---

This is in relation to delay experienced when loading a track into SSL.

see:

www.serato.com
scratchlive.net

According to Activity Monitor in Mac OS, data is written to my Macbook Pro drive each and EVERY time a track is loaded. This is irrespective of weather or not overviews for the track have been written. (ie You can cue up any song 15 times in a row and Activity Monitor will display 15 instances of when data is written to the drive).

I'm well aware that if I load a track that has not been properly scanned to Serato, data pertaining to ID3 tags and overviews will be written to the track. I'm also aware that this puts an increased strain on the machine and can increase the load time of the track.

I'm interested in what data is being written to the drive when I load a track that has already been scanned? Does Serato write history data to the 'ScratchLive' folder every time a track is loaded? Most importantly, could this process potentially increase the load time too?

Cheers
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:45 PM - 23 July, 2010
Curious, are you using an external hard drive? If so, how is your external drive formatted?

SSL does buffer audio for each and every track loaded to a virtual deck. Could it simply be buffering, perhaps?
6:00 AM, 7 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.