Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Keeping Track Of My Loops. . .

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Benjamin Gordon 11:37 PM - 21 September, 2008
Hi.

Ive just discovered the multiple loop feature and im having a couple of issues.

It always defaults back to loop 'A'. . . Im trying to set up my loops as 1-9. . .

Also. Its really helpful seeing the loop braces (green opaque) on the waveform. I have no idea visually where i put my next loop unless i select it. I would be really useful to see where my loops are. Is there anyway of doing this?

Some songs i have so many loops and im trying to find a way to manage them all. . .

Thanks, Ben :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 5:42 AM - 22 September, 2008
Hi Ben,

This area is for tips and tricks only :)
*Moved to help

Are you referring to the auto-loop feature? Once you have set an auto-loop, click the little disc icon next to the 'A' and it will save it to a 1-9 slot.
Benjamin Gordon 10:49 AM - 22 September, 2008
Ok thats great. Thanks. . .

Im saying that once my first loop is gone and i am back into the song, then i want my first loop to be ready so that as soon as serato hits it, it loops. . .

At the moment, as soon as i break out of a loop, i have to firstly, select the next loop and secondly, hit loop so it loops. It would be better if it could either loop automatically (all the loops loop from first to last throughout the song.

It would also be a great help if you could see all your loops on the waveform. If you havent got the number of the loop selected, then you dont see your loops. . .

Do you get what im trying to say?

Cheers :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:35 AM - 26 September, 2008
I kind of get what you are trying to say, however I dont think this is possible currently. Sounds like a great suggestion though. Cheers :)
Benjamin Gordon 9:28 PM - 26 September, 2008
Hey Nick. Do i need to write this to anyone else to suggest it as a future feature or will you note it?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:57 AM - 29 September, 2008
You could add it to the feature suggestions area if you like :)
J.J. 6:37 PM - 8 October, 2008
www.scratchlive.net

Tie the Loops to the Cue Points
What is the main reason to have the Loops and Cue Points separate? Just more confusion. Especially with all the new MIDI controllers coming out.

Click Here===>img207.imageshack.us

We need a way to easily see:
.....*Loops in order with Sort Cues Chronologically
.....*Where ALL the loops are on the track
.....*How many loops you have
.....*What time the loops start
.....*What loops are ON or OFF
.....*Go from 1 loop to any other loop
.....*Able to differentiate them with a different color.

All these problems are solved with loops tied to the Hot Starts. Serato ITCH has this, why not an option for SSL?
Benjamin Gordon 12:57 PM - 12 October, 2008
J.J. . . YOU ARE A F*****G GENIUS! This is exactly what i wanted to explain but you have done better than i ever could. . .

Have you put this into feature suggestions or emailed the team directly with this yet?

Benjamin Gordon 12:58 PM - 12 October, 2008
ps. . . in itch can you tell serato to automatically highlight the first loop and as soon as youve come out of the first, the second become highlighted. So instead of turning them on, you have to turn them off. This, in some situations can really reduce the amount of work you have to do when youre really busy with other stuff. . .

:)