Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

External Hard Drive Problem

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
djcas2006 11:56 PM - 6 April, 2008
I use a " Maxtor One Touch 4 Mini ". I have used it for about 3 months without any problems. As of yesterday Serato will not read the files on my external hardrive. when Serato starts, it reads/scans the tags on the external hard drive files. After a long times it doesnt even find all tracks leaving empty tracks. Before yesterday I would start serato with the external already connected and everything was fine. All my tracks would be available for me to use both c drive and external. After the files are scanned I go to shut down because i am missing tracks and i get the following error message.

" Runtime Error ....... programc:\program files\serato\scratchlive\scratchlive.exe ........... r6025 - pure virtual function call.

Followed by " Scratch live has encountered a problem and needs to close."

what did i do ? how can i fix it ?
DjMikeyO 3:23 AM - 7 April, 2008
Try uninstalling Serato. Delete the scratchlive files from your external and laptop including hidden files. And then install again. Then add all your music back to serato. That happen to me before and that fixed the problem. :)

DJ Mikey O
djcas2006 3:38 AM - 7 April, 2008
if i delete my scratch live files from my labtop and external. how do i reinstall. if im deleting them.... my laptop files work great with serato ... its just my external files
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:50 PM - 8 April, 2008
You shouldn't need to delete anything when reinstalling Scratch LIVE.

Download the latest version from here -->> www.scratchlive.net and run the installer. If it asks you if you want to install the complete, choose complete. If it asks if you want to modify, repair, or remove, choose repair.