DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NAMM Show 2011 News Flash

feniks 2:36 PM - 12 January, 2011
For those of you who don't twitter, check this thread starting tomorrow for real time NAMM show updates and press release results. Will kick off tomorrow with the Rane Press Release at 11 AM (pacific time).
kryptonitednb 3:03 PM - 12 January, 2011
For those that do use Twitter, MAKE SURE to follow:

@TCVguide

For late breaking news, etc..

FOLLOW EVERYTHING!!!!!
DJ Schematic 3:12 PM - 12 January, 2011
Sweet!
DJ metaphor 5:07 PM - 12 January, 2011
tracking.
ninos 10:14 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
tracking.

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:19 PM - 12 January, 2011
this threads already fallin behind lol
Hi-Tek 10:20 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

it's late alright
SiRocket 10:20 PM - 12 January, 2011
im with bezzle.... its lacking the sl4 content, and some other goodies that i have to keep my mouth shut on. I do think its gametime though after the sl4 was let out a day early... makes today fun :)
Hi-Tek 10:20 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

it's late alright. Quote fail
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:26 PM - 12 January, 2011
like i said in another thread im soooo not looking forward to going home, goin to bed, wakin up, comming to work, and seeing 205858 new posts i have to wade through
SiRocket 10:27 PM - 12 January, 2011
i don't even want to take lunch right now, i love this time of the year. lol.
radikarl 10:28 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
im with bezzle.... its lacking the sl4 content, and some other goodies that i have to keep my mouth shut on. I do think its gametime though after the sl4 was let out a day early... makes today fun :)

i doubt the SL-4 announcement to be an official one. i call it fake.
i do think there will be an SL-4, but not because of the mentionend blog.

so if you really "have to keep your mouth shut on some things" and at the same time you are not suprised by the SL-4 statement or if you even know it is true (because you know this and other things for sure as your statement claims by saying you have to shut up) then you just did the opposite of "keeping your mouth shut".

logic 101 hahaha

so are we going to see an SL-4?

ps: this thread is not fallin behind. it is said to start delivering informations when NAMM opens its doors.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:28 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

lunch..shit i got 30 minutes till im off gotta love central standard time
nik39 10:30 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

+1.
Hi-Tek 10:32 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

so if you really "have to keep your mouth shut on some things" and at the same time you are not suprised by the SL-4 statement or if you even know it is true (because you know this and other things for sure as your statement claims by saying you have to shut up) then you just did the opposite of "keeping your mouth shut".

logic 101 hahaha

hahahaha
SiRocket 10:33 PM - 12 January, 2011
its out in public.... keeping my mouth shut is as good as using traktor vinyl with my sl-1
ninos 10:56 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
like i said in another thread im soooo not looking forward to going home, goin to bed, wakin up, comming to work, and seeing 205858 new posts i have to wade through

thats what happened last year at namm, wen the 68 got released. i had football practice and got home and had over 300 new posts. so shitty loool
Dj.Mojo 11:00 PM - 12 January, 2011
Jup i am still reading up the posts from last year...
browny 12:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
?
DJDeluchi 12:37 PM - 13 January, 2011
6 pm for uk user btw just incase any of you was wondering
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:11 PM - 13 January, 2011
^ Yep i was thanks for that.
DJDeluchi 1:16 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:

no probs hopefully its all announced at once not bits through the day im off to work at 9
dj pesh 1:17 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
6 pm for uk user btw just incase any of you was wondering

Thank You.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

no probs hopefully its all announced at once not bits through the day im off to work at 9

Snap
DJ Pullout 2:26 PM - 13 January, 2011
SL4 BOX PIC

ow.ly
blackavenger 2:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
SL4 BOX PIC

ow.ly

Seen it already......want Hi-Res pics from the convention, and a vid of Anna showcasing it would be nice as well ;)
DJ Pullout 2:50 PM - 13 January, 2011
I got an inside man at NAMM. Stay tuned. lol
feniks 2:54 PM - 13 January, 2011
Getting ready to head down to the convention center. Feels like I only slept 3 hrs last night...oh wait a minute, I did.
blackavenger 2:57 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Getting ready to head down to the convention center. Feels like I only slept 3 hrs last night...oh wait a minute, I did.

Don't nod out, Feniks....I'm looking forward to your coverage of the convention.
DJ Pullout 3:14 PM - 13 January, 2011
Yeah Feniks....

Straight to the Rane Tent please....
feniks 3:22 PM - 13 January, 2011
waiting for DUb and Kartel....
Eskei83 7:08 PM - 13 January, 2011
epic thread ;)
illmatic 7:18 PM - 13 January, 2011
lol Eskei
Eskei83 7:21 PM - 13 January, 2011
just imaging there are people only tracking this thread and still have no clue about was going on out there ...
Logisticalstyles 7:23 PM - 13 January, 2011
like me.
Logisticalstyles 7:24 PM - 13 January, 2011
stops tracking...
SiRocket 7:24 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
just imaging there are people only tracking this thread and still have no clue about was going on out there ...

its ok they aren't missing much.
Eskei83 7:55 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
stops tracking...

damn that's hard :D
Hi-Tek 7:58 PM - 13 January, 2011
I guess there was no news flash at the NAMM show this year.
DJ Pullout 7:59 PM - 13 January, 2011
Yeah seriously.... whats the hold up Feniks
Hi-Tek 8:08 PM - 13 January, 2011
he probably is past out still in the hotel room
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:08 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
he probably is past out still in the hotel room

lol nah he was there with dub
Hi-Tek 8:10 PM - 13 January, 2011
he is probably getting Dub some grub, it is noon here
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:12 PM - 13 January, 2011
i think they got soooo excited they wet them selfs and had to leave...
dj_craigmac 8:44 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
i think they got soooo excited they wet them selfs and had to leave...

LOL
Logisticalstyles 8:50 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

stops tracking...

I keeps it real son!
Djaward 9:19 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

stops tracking...

I keeps it real son!

Hahaha stops tracking but checks frequently.
blackavenger 9:43 PM - 13 January, 2011
Not a single update, picture, or video, and it's been almost 3 hours since the Rane Press Conference......not doing too good there, Feniks.
ninos 9:49 PM - 13 January, 2011
sl4...?
Audio1 9:52 PM - 13 January, 2011
this thread is not jizz worthy at all... stops tracking.
blackavenger 9:54 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
sl4...?

Yeah, but we gathered that from last night's leak.....then saw it in this - www.serato.com thread.....this is whack. I was looking forward to the (3D) Vids he was talking about uppin'....hahaha!
Henry GQ 9:56 PM - 13 January, 2011
blackavenger 9:56 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
this thread is not jizz worthy at all... stops tracking.

Yep, was thinking the same thing....I'll just look for it tomorrow, perhaps by then he'll have stopped jerking Rane/Serato's dick long enough to up some vids...LOL!
nik39 9:58 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

sl4...?

Yeah, but we gathered that from last night's leak.....then saw it in this - www.serato.com thread.....this is whack. I was looking forward to the (3D) Vids he was talking about uppin'....hahaha!

Big talk - that's it.
blackavenger 9:58 PM - 13 January, 2011

Thanks, Henry....though I'm still waiting to see mofo's fuck with it.... a little more in depth!
nik39 9:59 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

sl4...?

Big talk - that's it.

Ooops.. hit on post accidentally... I wanted to add

I am sure he will upload them later!
blackavenger 9:59 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sl4...?

Big talk - that's it.

Ooops.. hit on post accidentally... I wanted to add

I am sure he will upload them later!

I know, I'm just joking around too.
feniks 4:25 PM - 14 January, 2011
Sorry guys. Things were just way too crazy yesterday. Was hard to get a signal because everyone and their mother was blogging, texting or calling someone. I think I'll leave the realtime pics update to Dub. I'll be posting pics on my facebook from tme to time (www.facebook.com) as this is one-click upload. Ill try and upload all the pics (including the 3D) tomorrow morning. In the meantime, tune in to Dub's tweet for real time info.

Anyways, a quick run down...

Rane releases SL4 and MP25 mixer

Numark releases new NS6 controller

Pioneer releases new Itch and Traktor controllers.

Native Instrument to announce new Traktor Pro 2 with new audio interfaces (they dont have a booth this year...but the rumor circulates)

Torq releases new version of their DJ program.

No promo records from Stokyo

Faust and Shortee demo was cool but a bit disappointing. Think the audience was not ready for what they hit them with.

Gold Novation gear is cool.....but not all that it appears to be.

Getting ready to do it all over again today.....

Dub, Kartel....you ready?
nik39 4:59 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Faust and Shortee demo was cool but a bit disappointing.

Can you elaboration...?
DJ DisGrace 5:02 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Native Instrument to announce new Traktor Pro 2 with new audio interfaces (they dont have a booth this year...but the rumor circulates)

LOL at "they don't have a booth this year" seriously???
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:02 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

BUT WATCH OUT SERATO BECAUSE THEIR PASSIN YA...LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
nik39 5:06 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's not new... they didnt have a booth last year. Matter of fact they said they will not rent booths at any of these big trade shows.
Hi-Tek 5:13 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

It's not new... they didnt have a booth last year. Matter of fact they said they will not rent booths at any of these big trade shows.

true, they never had.
aaronottio 5:26 PM - 14 January, 2011
So what are people saying about the NS7 now? It seems like it held up pretty well under the weight of yesterday's announcements huh?
BERTO 6:02 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Just like new pioneer unit no booth....
blackavenger 6:12 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Rane releases SL4 and MP25 mixer

Watchwww.youtube.com

www.skratchworx.com

Wait a minute. So Rane releases the MP25...kudos to them by the way...looks solid. But, there is a burning issue I have with it's functionality. Apparently it uses ASIO/Core drivers, and it's entire surface is MIDI mappable. So let me get this straight...Rane can deliver a mixer that can be used to control other Company's software, but Serato can't use a different hardware Manufacturer to give us platter control of ScratchLIVE......

Seems kinda' hypocritical to me

The tag-line at the end even states "Plays Well With Others"......unbelieveable!
nik39 6:28 PM - 14 January, 2011
Its not that MIDI and Core Audio are locked "protocols". SL is licensed exclusively to Rane. While it was good in the beginning (esp for the quality) now it makes things a lot more complicated and expensive. Serato has to maintain two product lines... SL and Itch. NI only one... traktor. NI can offer the S4 which works as acontroller AND will allow external vinyl control.
Hi-Tek 6:34 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Its not that MIDI and Core Audio are locked "protocols". SL is licensed exclusively to Rane. While it was good in the beginning (esp for the quality) now it makes things a lot more complicated and expensive. Serato has to maintain two product lines... SL and Itch. NI only one... traktor. NI can offer the S4 which works as acontroller AND will allow external vinyl control.

Would Traktor Pro, Traktor Scratch Pro, Duo, LE count as just 1 product line?
blackavenger 6:36 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:

Yeah, I'm just a little bummed about the whole situation, that's all.
nik39 6:49 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Would Traktor Pro, Traktor Scratch Pro, Duo, LE count as just 1 product line?

Yup
skratchworx 7:07 PM - 14 January, 2011
Things would be considerably easier if Serato unified SSL and ITCH under one core product and licence features out to partners, which are enabled through hardware. I reckon manufacturers would kill each other to get a slice of Scratch Live pie.

Anyone know how long the exclusive deal is for?
Hi-Tek 7:09 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:

i'd love to know that answer too!
Eric N 7:10 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Things would be considerably easier if Serato unified SSL and ITCH under one core product and licence features out to partners, which are enabled through hardware. I reckon manufacturers would kill each other to get a slice of Scratch Live pie.

+1000. This would give Serato a HUGE boost with all of the people that are considering defecting due to Itch non-upgrades.
nik39 7:10 PM - 14 January, 2011
I assume the deal is exclusive until the end of time :-( Or at least a period of time where DVS dont make a difference to the market anyway.

But this is pure speculation and not based on any insights.
nik39 7:11 PM - 14 January, 2011
Just imagine you could use the NS6, or the Pioneer S1 with external vinyl support. Dude!!!
nik39 7:11 PM - 14 January, 2011
Or any other Itch device with an integrated mixer. Serato would freaking rule the market. Who is NI again?
blackavenger 7:14 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
Just imagine you could use the NS6, or the Pioneer S1 with external vinyl support. Dude!!!

Quote:
Or any other Itch device with an integrated mixer. Serato would freaking rule the market. Who is NI again?

Yeah, we can dream......
Eric N 7:17 PM - 14 January, 2011
Word... if you could use the NS6 with 1200s and get 4 decks plus video - that thing would be RIDICULOUS.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:17 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
I assume the deal is exclusive until the end of time :-( Or at least a period of time where DVS dont make a difference to the market anyway.

But this is pure speculation and not based on any insights.

I would assume as when serato was in its infancy RANE was already a respected company that RANE has alot more hold over the contract than serato does
Eskei83 7:24 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:

+1
browny 7:33 PM - 14 January, 2011
Ssl with the s1 would be sick