Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

When closing SSL I get a Popup Window

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
ctn 4:51 PM - 4 May, 2007
I up grated about a month ago to 1.7.1. and I was importing music and building overviews as normal, but first time I hold ctrl(key) and clicked on building overviews and stared B/O.... but back to my subject... as I was editing tracks (re-naming, cueing etc...) and just last night, first time this ever happened... when I closed the SSL I got a popup window that said....

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\ Program Files\Serato\ScratchLive\ScratchLive.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

This popup window only happens when I have my external connected (Seagate 500 GB).

I have:
Toshiba Satellite
Processor: 2.00 GHz.
0.99 GB of Ram
Hardrive: 60 GB

How can I fix this problem??
Konix 5:08 PM - 4 May, 2007
I'd start by removing the database V2 file from the hidden .ScratchLIVE folder on the root of the external drive.

Go to My Computer, click on your external hard drive icon/drive letter to go to the root folder. At the top in the address bar, type in X:\.ScratchLIVE (where X = your ext drive's letter, but it should already be there, also don't forget the period before ScratchLIVE) and hit enter. You should be in the hidden .ScratchLIVE folder. Remove the database V2 file, don't delete it, just move it out of that folder and put it somewhere else for now, like on the desktop. Start SSL. Let it rebuild the database, close SSL and see if it gives you the error again.
ctn 5:24 PM - 4 May, 2007
I don’t see the address bar, but I went to the external HD and I went into the folder (.ScratchLive) when I went inside the folder I saw the DB V2 file and I removed it and put on my desk top. I opened the SSL and it started to scan id tags by it self. I closed the SSL again and I get the same window.

Do I have too B/O??
Konix 5:30 PM - 4 May, 2007
OK, do the same thing, but go to the ScratchLIVE folder on the C:\
drive in your My Music folder. Before you do that though, rename the one on your desktop (your external drive's database file) something else like "database_external." This way it won't copy over that one.
ctn 5:42 PM - 4 May, 2007
I'm still getting the same thing.... F**K!

I going to take care off something right now, i'll be back in about a hr or so...
ctn 7:02 PM - 4 May, 2007
I'm back... Why do I keep getting the same thing??
Rane, Support
Shaun W 8:48 PM - 4 May, 2007
Have you moved the ScratchLIVE.exe file from the program file folder?
ctn 8:53 PM - 4 May, 2007
no i just moved the DB V2 file from the Ex. HD and from My Doc. I'll move the SL.exe file now to my desktop.
ctn 9:04 PM - 4 May, 2007
i don't see the SL.exe under my doc/music folder... i see a folder SL without the exe. is this the one that i need to move?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:17 PM - 4 May, 2007
You don't need to move the ScratchLIVE.exe file. I was simply asking if it had been moved previously :)
ctn 9:20 PM - 4 May, 2007
no
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:22 PM - 4 May, 2007
How much hard drive space do you have remaining on your drive?
ctn 9:24 PM - 4 May, 2007
pc c hd 30,252,072,960 bytes (free space)
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:24 PM - 4 May, 2007
Are you using iTunes and playlists in Scratch LIVE?
ctn 10:33 PM - 4 May, 2007
no... i'm playing everything from my Ex. HD
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:34 PM - 4 May, 2007
Is your external partitioned?
ctn 10:49 PM - 4 May, 2007
sorry you just through a mean ass curb at me... can you explain what do you mean by partitioned
ctn 9:13 AM - 5 May, 2007
problem solved...

This is what I did:

1) I compared SL.exe folders from my PC and my External HD (E-HD) I notice that I had some files that were the same files in my PC and my E-HD with the same name (for example... freestyle, 07 hip hop, trance etc...).

2) I cut and paste the files from my E-HD SL.exe folder to my PC SL.exe folder. I checked the other folders inside my E-HD SL.exe folder to make sure that I didn't have any other files that I needed. Once I was done checking I deleted the SL.exe folder from my E-HD then I opened the SSL, I tested some tracks from the files that I moved to my PC SL.exe, and everything played ok then I closed the SSL and the window did not popup any more. The bad part about moving files from my E-HD SL.exe folder to my PC SL.exe folder and deleting the SL.exe folder from the E-HD is that the crates in the SSL were gone.

3) When I notice that the crate/s were gone I imported a folder from my E-HD that I never imported before (for testing). Once it was imported I B/O and I id3 scanned. When it was done id3 scanning a folder SL.exe was created on my E-HD, but I notice that a DB V2 file was created inside my SL.exe folder. I keep moving this DB V2 file and it keeps creating a new file every time I close and open my E-HD and I go into my SL.exe folder, why? Once it was done id3 scanning I closed the SSL and the window did not popup any more.

4) Now I'm going to re-import my crates that were gone from my SSL back to my SSL and make sure, key word “make sure” that I don't have the same files names in my E-HD SL.exe folder on my PC SL.exe folder.