Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

cdj850 to serato via usb not working

Product
Scratch Live
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djprinceley 5:39 PM - 10 September, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: dont-know
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.4
---

hi am trying to connect my cdj850 to serato via usb so that i could use them as midi controler but its not working , its not even recognising the cd player even though ive press pc mode,do i need a firmware for the cdj850 or a driver software for my mac .am comfuse.com ,can anyone help!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:00 PM - 10 September, 2010
The Pioneer CDJ 850 HID mode is not supported in scratchlive, and Serato have not announced any plans to support the CDJ850 yet.

Only the Pioneer CDJ 400 / 900 / 2000 Are HID supported in serato scratchlive.

Cheers.
djprinceley 6:23 PM - 10 September, 2010
ok cheers mate
djprinceley 7:30 PM - 10 September, 2010
hi mate when do you think serato will support cdj850 ,how long do i have to wait .
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:25 AM - 13 September, 2010
Hey djprinceley,

There are no plans currently to support the CDJ 850 natively therefore I am unable to give you any kind of timeframe for this unfortunately.

Cheers,

Sam.
6:00 AM, 27 Sep 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:12 AM - 30 November, 2010
Hey I see you have re-opened the thread,

Do you need help with any new issues? Sorry there are still no plans or any timeframe for native CDJ 850 support in Scratch Live. If this is done in future, it should be announced officially through the website and newsletter :)

Cheers,

Sam.
naulboy 6:02 PM - 9 December, 2010
ARGHHH!!!

I just shelled out 1800 Euro on these babies, having sold my CDJ 400s. I would have thought it was an easy enough thing to implement if the 400s, 900s and 2000s were supported?

It's a shame as this might now make my Serato Box irrelevant to my setup!

Hopefully it's done for the next update - fingers crossed!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:22 PM - 9 December, 2010
Hey naulboy,

Unfortunately it is not as easy as flicking a switch and supporting something like this natively. It requires a lot of development and test time as it did with the CDJ900's and the CDJ2000's. With limited development resources it is not possible for us to support every device natively.

Having said this, it is not completely out of the question and is something that could be potentially looked at for future implementation.

In the meantime you will have to use your CDJ850's with NoiseMap™ CD's.

Cheers,

Sam.
djprinceley 7:53 AM - 27 July, 2011
hi guys can i use 2.3 beta software with SL1 and 2 cdj850 & mac os x 10.6.7
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:50 PM - 27 July, 2011
Hey djprinceley,

You sure can :) The Pioneer CDJ 850 is natively supported in Scratch Live 2.3. You can find the public beta here:

serato.com

Let me know how you get on.

Sam.
djprinceley 7:30 AM - 28 July, 2011
i used it with SL1 ,am having some problem with the display on both the jog wheel and the menu. but apart from display issue it works absolutely fine
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:43 AM - 29 July, 2011
Hey djprinceley,

This is a known bug that has been logged in the beta area. The team are investigating this though currently and hopefully we can get it resolved sometime soon.

Cheers,

Sam
djprinceley 2:58 AM - 29 July, 2011
thanks sam