Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Right master channel cuts out when HPF is turned on

Product
ITCH
Version
-
Hardware
Numark NS7 + Numark NSFX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Handikap 2:42 AM - 16 June, 2010
Product: itch
Hardware: numark-ns7||numark-nsfx
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.3
---

-playing tracks on both decks
-select HPF on left NSFX and turn it on while assigned to A
-result is no audio out of right master channel on NS7
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:28 AM - 18 June, 2010
Hi Handikap,

Could you please let me know which version of ITCH you are using? Also does this only occur when using the HPF, do any of the other effects distrupt the audio?
ypeiffer 9:16 PM - 20 June, 2010
Hi,

I got the same issue but with LPF :-) I also post a message about that cos it happens to me yesterday ...

For me, it only occurs with LPF and others effects work fine. It happens when using either left or right deck so it's from the software (?).

It also "clicks" when I push on the fx button, even if the fader was at 0%.

Looks like the same problem :-/
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:37 PM - 20 June, 2010
Could you let me know what your USB buffer is set to? Also could you make sure you have tried all available USB ports? Do you use an external USB hub or splitter?
devicious 1:00 AM - 22 June, 2010
Hi,

I actually have the same problem as well. Except it does it when i use the reverb on either the left or right deck. The only difference is i dont need to have the effect on just the reverb in the 'current effect' spot. I have taken the NSFX up to guitar center and hooked it up to there make that they were using to display the NS7 and the effects worked fine. My computer is running Windows XP SP2, 1.92GHZ Core Duo Processor, 4GB of RAM. I really need to get this problem resolved and can not isolate where the problem may be. The MAC at guitar center was runnin 2.16GHZ and 1GB of ram.
Handikap 1:21 PM - 10 July, 2010
I'm using version 15047. After about 20 minutes of normal effect operation, the right channel will go silent if I have either filter as the current effect and the "FX" button on.
My USB buffer is set to 1. I am not using a hub, so I only have 2 USB ports. I have swapped them and the problem still persists.
passyg 7:04 PM - 10 July, 2010
same issue for me as well
DJ KeNo 3:30 PM - 20 July, 2010
I have the same problem with HPF and LPF:

I have a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, when I only had 2 gb's of ram I had my refresh at 30 and my latency at 5. Now I upgraded to 4 gb's and I try to keep my refresh at 50 and I bumped the latency down to 2. But just this weekend I was having alot of glitchy problems. My screen was very glitchy, sometime one channel will cut out with the filters sometimes they won't. Also this just started this weekend, if I moved my pitch faders to fast there was an audible popping and cracking. I even tried dropping my refresh rate and moving my latency back up to 5 and still had the same problems for the rest of the night.

I use 1.5047 and I'm connected directly to the front usb port
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:20 PM - 20 July, 2010
Could you guys please try the ITCH 1.7 Public Beta out and see if you are still getting this issue?

This is available here:

www.serato.com
DJ KeNo 4:55 AM - 21 July, 2010
Is this safe to play out with? I DJ three nights a week and I don't want to risk more issues.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 5:34 AM - 21 July, 2010
I would try it out to see if it fixes your issues and you can post in the beta area which si where the developers are looking to fix bugs. Having said this, I would not recommend using this version in a live situation as there may still be bugs that need fixing. Final release should be soon although I can't give you any kind of timeframe as to when this will happen.

Cheers.
3:28 AM, 6 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.