Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Fade adjust/right hand fader not working properly, volume too low

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
realbadeshi 11:08 AM - 15 December, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.1
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

the right hand channel does not output as loud as the left even when using channel swap.
If if move the curve adjust from slow to fast (of the up fader) then the volume increases to correct level.

I have cleaned faders and all looks fine inside, sensors in correct angle etc....
this channel does not have very heavy use at all..
thanks
Ben
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:40 PM - 15 December, 2009
Try this:

Close SSL

Turn the TTM 57SL on

If any of the B buttons (B1 - B6) are lit, press the coresponding button to turn it off

After turning off all B buttons, press the Deck 1 Deck 2 button on your mixer (next to the Group button) to toggle between "decks".

If toggling between decks shows more B buttons being lit, press the B buttons so that all buttons are off when toggling between deck 1 and Deck 2.

Once all buttons are off, start SSL and test your setup again :)
realbadeshi 8:00 PM - 17 December, 2009
Thanks for reply, I will try this later....
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:15 PM - 17 December, 2009
No worries :)

Keep me posted with your findings
realbadeshi 12:49 PM - 20 December, 2009
Nope does not fix it. :(
is it likely to be software/firmware issue or physical?

it is weird bercause it gets very light use atm unfortunatly and has been working fine....
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:52 PM - 21 December, 2009
Did you check both effect "blocks" by toggling the Deck 1 Deck 2 button?

Quote:
is it likely to be software/firmware issue or physical?

I'm not sure what the cause is, but hopefully we'll be able to narrow it down a bit more.

What version of firmware do you have installed?

If you disconnect the computer and play normal records (or CDs) do you experience the same problem?

Are both channels (PGM 1 and PGM2) contour sliders set in the same position?
realbadeshi 10:21 PM - 21 December, 2009
Firmware is 3.11
software is 1.9.0

yes this happens with normal records as well. I initially thought it must be a deck problem so changed carts and stylus and swapped decks around etc but still the same..... anyway it is the curve adjustment which makes the difference, I should have tried that first!

yeah I toggled deck button and turned off all 'b' buttons.
are contour sliders the same as curve adjust sliders? if so then the left one works normally while the right has the volume problem....

I will try updating software/hardware tomorrow.
I am sure it must be simple as it worked perfectly before and as I said has been having only light use....

thanks for help!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:23 PM - 21 December, 2009
Definitely try the 1.9.2 version of SSL and then update to the 3.20 firmware version. If that doesn't do the trick, please let me know.
realbadeshi 10:16 AM - 22 December, 2009
ok fully updated now and problem still there.
I think it must be sensor issue because if I reverse the fader and put on fast cut nothing happens, ie it wont ever cut as if fader cannot move far enough...

so maybe sensor in wrong place?? is there a way to re-calibrate the sensors because physically they look fine and as is non contact should not have moved anyway.....
4:21 PM, 22 Dec 2009
Shaun W attached a file: fader.jpg
View· Permalink
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:23 PM - 22 December, 2009
Try adjusting the hall sensor for that particular fader. Remove the decor plate covering the faders and slightly adjust the hall sensors :)
realbadeshi 12:29 PM - 23 December, 2009
Ok I've tried that, no joy....

how much should I move them?? I have bent them forward quite a bit, a couple of mm but no difference....
Is there one in particular or a combination of both?
Is there not some way to re-calibrate the fader? give it new values for on/off?

This seems to be downside of digital fader :(

sad now.....
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:47 PM - 23 December, 2009
Move the sensors back to the original upright position (straight up).

Swap the channel faders and see if the problem swaps sides. Be sure to connect the ribbon cable correctly by matching the line printed on the cable with the screen printed #1 on the PCB board.

If the problem swaps sides, something is wrong with the fader. If the problem remains on the same side something may be wrong with the contour fader control slider.

Either way, we'll be glad to service the mixer here at the factory.

To send the unit in for repair you will need to be issued an RA# (return authorization number). To request an RA, please e-mail me your serial number, full name, shipping address and telephone number.

Once we receive the unit, our turnaround time is typically 3-4 days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Rane contact -->> rane.com
realbadeshi 10:51 AM - 5 January, 2010
Hi Shaun,
hope you had a good festive period...

Thanks for advice, I will try swapping the faders this eve...

As I am based in UK does returns still ship all the way to your main factory? maybe I should acompany it, I have never been pacific side before!

Its a 3-4 day turnaround in the factory do you know roughly from my door to door?

Cheers

B
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:38 PM - 5 January, 2010
If the mixer was purchased within the UK, you can send it to Sennheiser for service. If the mixer was purchased outside of the UK, you'll need to send it back to the factory here in Washington State :)

Here's Sennheiser's contact info, just in case.

Sennheiser UK Ltd.
3 Century Point
Halifax Road
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom HP12 3SL
Tel: 44 1494 551551
Fax: 44 1494 551550
realbadeshi 6:43 PM - 19 January, 2010
Ok at last I have got round to taking the top off and switching round the faders. Unfortunately the problem remains on prg2 suggesting it is not a prob with fader but curve adjust slider...

so I guess I will need to send it in to be serviced, who do I contact now?

cheers
B
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:08 PM - 19 January, 2010
Contact Sennheiser :)

or

Send the mixer to us (Rane) for factory service in the US.

To send the unit in for repair you will need to be issued an RA# (return authorization number). To request an RA, please e-mail me your serial number, full name, shipping address and telephone number.

Once we receive the unit, our turnaround time is typically 3-4 days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Rane contact -->> rane.com
1:20 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.