Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Loading Delay

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Vesh 2:07 AM - 25 November, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.1
---

I just got a new Macbook Pro because there was something wrong with my last one (currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.2) and when I load a track onto my deck the decks and waveforms will stop for about a second and then load the next song.. my old Macbook never did this.. I analyzed all my tracks

Any suggestions? Thanks
Vesh 5:14 AM - 25 November, 2009
Also, when it freezes the audio continues but the waveforms and decks freeze completely.... also I noticed when managing my folders and songs and dragging them into iTunes it took a while for iTunes to resume function.. it would play the song but would freeze the duration display.. side note... maybe it's something with the Macbook I got?
Vesh 4:23 PM - 25 November, 2009
Also, I did have my airport wireless on when this happened, but I played countless times with airport on, on my old Macbook and it worked fine... I noticed that the tracks I loaded never been loaded before (I never played them before), but then I started loading tracks I have played and it still froze... I have waranty on the Macbook and CAN exchange it if it is the computer....... suggestions? Please help
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:15 AM - 26 November, 2009
Hi Vesh,

I have heard of this before, it was due to a hard drive stalling issue on some MacBook Pros. Apple did release a fix for it (Performance Update 1.0) but I believe that it doesn't work on 10.6.2. Have you installed much on your new computer? Would you be comfortable with the idea of re-formatting and re-installing 10.6.1? Note I can't guarantee this would fix it but if you're ok with it then I think it's worth a shot :)
dOGDaia 5:02 PM - 2 December, 2009
Feature suggestions: www.serato.com