Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

track load is slow

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj samin 11:09 PM - 23 November, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.0
---

still have the same issue : when a track is loaded to the deck it freezes the wave display for a second on both decks . I tried mac performance update , analyze the tracks before using scratch live , lower the screen update and nothing worked. I did not have this issue with scratch live 1.8?
jonnyb 11:19 PM - 23 November, 2009
i think i noticed this this evening on my 1.9.2: autofill overviews is extremely slow. detach the sl1 and build the overview using the build overviews button and it's as quick as ever, but autofill (when the track is loaded to a deck for the first time) is very slow/fails
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:43 AM - 24 November, 2009
JohnyB, please start a new thread.

Do you get any audio dropout?

What are the specs on your machine?

How old is your mac?

Is it really running 10.5.0?
Dj samin 6:21 AM - 24 November, 2009
no audio drop out . i have a mac pro purchased on 01/12/2009 250 gb hard and 2 gb ddr2 . it is running on 10.5.8 2.5 GHz intel core 2 duo
I have 1.8.2 and 1.9.2 and 1.8.2 is alot faster when it comes to loading the tracks first time .
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:20 PM - 24 November, 2009
It sounds like you might benefit from the MAC performance update. They put this out last month to solve some HD freezing issues with comp[uters released over the last year and a half. Link below

www.macworld.com
Dj samin 10:12 PM - 24 November, 2009
I have tried the update . It say my mac does not require nore has the required hardware for the update and according to Apple tech its because I do not need the update ?
Dj samin 10:13 PM - 24 November, 2009
I will be getting snow leopard update soon , is 1.9.2 compatable with max os x 10.6 ?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:14 PM - 24 November, 2009
Yes, 1.9.2 is the version you want to use if you have Snow Leopard.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:16 PM - 24 November, 2009
Do you have the overviews built on all of your music? That can greatly reduce load time and CPU drain which in turn could cause a screen pause.
Dj samin 11:10 PM - 24 November, 2009
I did built overviews but still the same problem . its really odd . 1.8.2 worked great as far as music , once downloaded the new video sl software (updated the one i had) the video stopped working . I realized the new video sl effects are for 1.9.2 so i can not delet the update now to keep the old 1.8.2 with video sL. i downloaded 1.9.0 scratch live which froze the mac everytime I opened it and wanted to close it . once i pressed yes to exit it froze and i had to force quite. then i downloaded 1.9.2 and it worked fine but the screen freez when the audio track is loaded still happens. did over views , lowered screen update , changed the usb buffer and nothing seems to be working I also did the MAC PRO update .
Dj samin 11:11 PM - 24 November, 2009
now im affraid if i update os x to 1.6 then i wont be able to use 1.8.2 and 1.9.2 wont work ?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 11:30 PM - 24 November, 2009
You can roll back the firmwear in your mixer.

With the program open you will hold down the high kill switches of the mixer and turn the power off. You are still holding down the high kill switches. Power the mixer back on while still holding the high kills and you should get a message saying it is roilling back the firmwear for you.

Any luck with that?
Dj samin 5:06 AM - 25 November, 2009
done now tyhe audio tracks are loading as fast as 1.8.2 but as soon as i open video sl everything slows down 10 times worst
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:09 PM - 25 November, 2009
Videos Sl takes a lot more resources from the computer.
Dj samin 10:00 PM - 25 November, 2009
so ? thats it ? no way to fix it ? what did rolling back fireware exactly do ?
Dj samin 10:49 PM - 25 November, 2009
i dont know if the im the only one with this problem but 1.9.2 kinda sucks , video sl 1.1 pusts so much pressure on the cpu it just wont work with 2gb of memory so it sems like im going back to 1.8.2 ,. as much as I loved the new effects whats the point if the mac freezes everytime i want to unassign the video track , switch songs or load a audio file with video assigned . 2.5 Ghz , 2 GB memory and 250 GB hard drive . mack ox 10.6 apparantly not enough
Vesh 11:21 PM - 25 November, 2009
I might be having the same problem, I just got a Macbook Pro and when I load a track to the deck the song still plays but the decks and waveforms freeze for a slight moment.. i returned my macbook to get a new one (my first macbook never had this issue) but when i run programs like iTunes it takes a while.. possible HD issue.. is this like ur poblem?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:37 AM - 26 November, 2009
Quote:
I might be having the same problem, I just got a Macbook Pro and when I load a track to the deck the song still plays but the decks and waveforms freeze for a slight moment.. i returned my macbook to get a new one (my first macbook never had this issue) but when i run programs like iTunes it takes a while.. possible HD issue.. is this like ur poblem?

Please start a new thread. many avenues to explore.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:38 AM - 26 November, 2009
Quote:
so ? thats it ? no way to fix it ? what did rolling back fireware exactly do ?

you said there were effects listed that weren't accesible due to the older SSL version. So rolling back the firmwear should have removed those unusable options.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:40 AM - 26 November, 2009
Just to recap, cause I re read the entire thread.

Is the problem the 2 second screen pause when you load a song?

That pause isn't there in the 1.8.2 and ?.?.? (which video Sl version?)

but the pause IS there using 1.9.2 and 1.1.1?
Dj samin 9:57 AM - 29 November, 2009
yes . 1.8.2 and old video sl works fine . 1.92 and new sl 1.1.1 freezes for a second
Dj samin 9:58 AM - 29 November, 2009
[
Quote:

did u get a new mac ? did it work ?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:37 PM - 30 November, 2009
Quote:
yes . 1.8.2 and old video sl works fine . 1.92 and new sl 1.1.1 freezes for a second

I will ask the developers if there is a good reason for that. I'm not sure why the same computer running the same amount if info pauses for 2 seconds on the new versions but has no pause with older versions.

Are you using AAC files (itunes files) ?

Do you have the overviews built on the music?
KCONN 3:43 PM - 16 December, 2009
I too get the 2 sec pause and it gets so bad sometimes it freezes my macbook pro
10:31 PM, 4 May 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.