Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Video SL Waveform Issues

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL
Scratch Live
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
The Doc 2:37 AM - 27 October, 2009
Product: video-sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

Having issues with Video Mixing, waveforms stuttering / delay reaction every time I do Video mixing, but when playing audio tracks, no issues what so ever, I have a Macbook and upgraded to 4GB Ram.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:34 PM - 27 October, 2009
Are you using an external HD? How bad is the waveform stuttering? What is your processor size? What version of ScratchLIVE and Video SL are you running?
The Doc 5:49 PM - 27 October, 2009
I have the 1.9.2 Scratch Live and the latest Video SL, I have some videos on my Laptop HD and also use a External HD. The stuttering is really bad, my processor speed is 2.13 GHz.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:01 PM - 27 October, 2009
Is that a dual core processor?

Do the waveforms stutter when you play with Videos from the internal HD?
The Doc 6:47 PM - 27 October, 2009
Yes, Dual Core, I just purchased my Macbook this year back in May, and Serato is the only thing I run for this computer.
The waveform stutters both on my Internal HD and Ext HD, it's normal only when I play audio tracks?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:57 PM - 27 October, 2009
I have the same MacBook and my waveforms glitch a little when running VSL but not to the point where it disturbs my DJing. Have you adjusted your VSL buffer size?

Has it ran fine before? Have you updated your MAC recently?
The Doc 7:06 PM - 27 October, 2009
Yeah, I tried messing around with the VSL Buffer size, I even slowed down the speed of the Waveforms (that helps a little) just wondering if anyone else was having the same issues I was.

I havent updated my Macbook lately, it's still practically brand new.
Thanks
Rane, Support
RafaelM 8:04 PM - 27 October, 2009
What do you have your Max screen Updates and Audio Cache at?
djperry 3:16 AM - 28 October, 2009
hey doc, do your waveforms stutter when you are loading new audio or type in a name in the search bar? Is there a slight freeze when serato flips from rel mode to int mode, as it nears the end of track 1? I have the same issue with my new macbook pro
The Doc 3:57 AM - 28 October, 2009
it only stutters when I play videos, no issues with audio tracks nor other functions, only when the Video tracks are loaded, the waveforms stutters
pb 3:58 AM - 12 November, 2009
I have this same issue. When playing videos, the waveform lags a bit. Also, the cue point triggers lag. But, the audio, video, and scratching sound/look perfect. It's just the waveform in Serato and the cue point keys. I'm alos using a Macbook Pro and running vids from an external HD.
dOGDaia 11:25 AM - 24 November, 2009
I have this same issue with my new Macbook Pro (waveforms stutter when you are loading new audio or type in a name in the search bar! Slight freeze when serato flips from rel mode to int mode, as it nears the end of track!)
Please, let me know when you found a solution! Thanks