Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

overviews stuttering every 5 seconds, 5 seconds clean 5 seconds stutter

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ MTK 1:52 AM - 27 October, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.0
---

just brought the macbook pro 2.5 ghz 4 gb ram for the sole purpose of serato bc windows computer was giving me fits but this stutter with the overview every 5 seconds is killer my eyes and beat matching, mac is brand new out of box, all updates done and just running serato, only thing installed , flicker is graphics related only, no latency on the sound or when scratching.

please help with hopefully an easy fix!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:22 PM - 27 October, 2009
Hello MTK,

There is a known issue with all Macs in regards to a very minute waveform glitch that occurs every 3,4,or 5 seconds.
I've attached a clip showing this glitch on my Macbook.
Is the glitch you see similar?

If so, there is nothing that can currently be done.
You will definitely want to make sure the 'maximum screen updates' are set to 60 but unfortunately that won't fix it completely.
5:23 PM, 27 Oct 2009
Zach S attached a file: SSL video.mov
Download· Permalink
DJ MTK 5:44 PM - 27 October, 2009
yea that is the glitch, I was hoping that the Mac Performance 1.0 update with the hard drive timing out which came out Oct 14 - 15 of this year could help, based off of your advanced support knowledge on this subject have you seen any cases where that has fixed the problem?

As for my personal oppinion with a IT background... just FYI not tryin to step on toes or what not, I think/ guess the problem is coming from the macbooks display refresh rate being faster or slower than the 60 frames per seconds of serato, so the OS and software are fighting with each other every 3 to 5 seconds. Of course Mac has decide to not make the screen refresh rate an option in the advanced system preferences. PC - 1, Mac - 0

Just let me know
Thanks MTK
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:03 PM - 27 October, 2009
The Performance update is new and I have not yet heard of any cases where updating to it has fixed this issue.

Although I personally don't know why this glitch occurs I've talked with Serato about this and they said that they can fix it on their end but apparently its not an easy task:(
Andy or James from Serato would have more details about it.

I'm sure it will be sorted eventually but I doubt anytime soon:(
DJ MTK 6:12 PM - 27 October, 2009
Thanks Zach I really appreciate it!