Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Library messed-up on launch. (Snow Leopard)

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Gatek 11:09 PM - 19 August, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.7
---

Hi!
I guess its probably not officially supported yet but I tried to install Snow Leopard developers release and my Scratch Live started to behave really strange. On every launch it rescans the whole library, rebuilding tags and after that all my library is messed up: lots of doubles, some tracks marked as lost (though the files stay at the same place as before), some crates missing, all sorting is out of order....
And every time it happens differently. Sometimes just a few things missing, sometimes half of the library..
I tried to reinstall SL, tried to delete its folder and preferences and start clean again. No luck. After I added songs, then closed and reopen SL it happened again. Several times.
Any ideas?

Again, I understand that Snow Leopard is not officially supported yet, so you may not want to answer. In this case consider it a beta testers feedback :)

Thanks anyway
Rane, Support
Chad S. 11:23 PM - 19 August, 2009
Yes, we haven't had the chance to work on it since it is not a full release yet. Thank you for the input, those would be serious issues that would need addressing.
DJ Gatek 8:35 PM - 20 August, 2009
Good, I understand.

More info: I made a new user in OS X. Moved everything there. At first it seemed that everything's fine. But after I runned my other regular software (Adobe CS4, Font Explorer, 1Password, Mail, Safari... nothing special) it happened again.
And it went like this: on the first run SL showed 3 copies of each song in the library. Two of them turned out as missing when added to deck.Third works fine. All the crates are there. After I run "relocate lost files" all the doubles lost their tags and show just like their file names. I deleted all the doubles and closed SL. On the next launch it started to read tags right away and after that half of my songs disappeared from the library and most of the crates too. On the third launch the library is empty. No songs and no crates at all.
I killed SL folder and tried again from backup folder. Same thing. Three launches and no music.

Hope this will be useful for your future testing.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:42 PM - 20 August, 2009
It sounds like FileVault is on and doing it's "screwing up the SSL library" thang. If FileVault it on, disable it and you should be good to go :)
DJ Gatek 11:03 PM - 20 August, 2009
No. Its off.
its something else. but something like this. it prevents SSL from normally working with files and folders..
DJData 8:32 PM - 23 August, 2009
Quote:
Yes, we haven't had the chance to work on it since it is not a full release yet. Thank you for the input, those would be serious issues that would need addressing.

Does this mean your gonna start testing the software with SL10.6.0 only after it is officially released?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:30 PM - 24 August, 2009
we wont know what it is until it is officially released.

We're doing our homework but we know software. Many things change from the beta testing to final release.
DJData 4:22 PM - 24 August, 2009
Ok i understand that no, 10.6 install until you say we can thats for sure ;-).
victor_M 5:02 PM - 24 August, 2009
looks like 8/28 is that date for Snow leopard.

www.apple.com
DJData 5:21 PM - 24 August, 2009
Yes it is official now ;-)
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:54 PM - 24 August, 2009
cool. I'm sure our dev's are digging into it as we speak.
DJData 6:28 PM - 24 August, 2009
Great i hope it will be supported soon , i can't wait to install it asap ;-).
Will this require a new version for sure or could it be it will just work with the current build off SL, probably not huh ;-).
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:36 PM - 24 August, 2009
If they don't change a whole bunch of stuff, then yes, current versions will work.

That is what i anticipate.
DJData 6:41 PM - 24 August, 2009
Well i think they chanced à lot under the hood so i'm counting on it not to work but i'll just wait and see what programmers here say about It
DJData 1:33 PM - 28 August, 2009
Got snow leopard installed on a mac without SL on it and it's great, a lot snappier with most things, i hope serato give us the go to install fast, can't wait ;-).