Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Feature request for forums: navigation pull-down menu

DJMark 9:30 AM - 2 June, 2008
The way navigating the Serato forums has always been, the user has to navigate back out to the forums list to go between different forums.

Seems like this both wastes some user time, and possibly some server/network resources to needlessly reload the "list" page. It would be much more efficient if there was a direct way to navigate among the different Serato forums.
DJMark 9:46 AM - 2 June, 2008
Also, in the new forums, there seems to be no way (once you're within a forum or a thread) to navigate directly to the listing of SSL-related forums. Unless I'm completely missing something, the options (either in the navigation links up top, or in the floating "discussion toolbox") seem to be to look at the list of threads in the forum you're in ("Back To Area Index"), or to go back out to the main Serato forum selection page ("Back To Forum Index"). We need a third option to look at the listing of all Serato-related forums.
Serato, Support
Matt G 9:20 PM - 2 June, 2008
Quote:
The way navigating the Serato forums has always been, the user has to navigate back out to the forums list to go between different forums.

Yeah I agree. A drop down list of areas or some such would be helpful.

Quote:
Unless I'm completely missing something, the options (either in the navigation links up top, or in the floating "discussion toolbox") seem to be to look at the list of threads in the forum you're in ("Back To Area Index"), or to go back out to the main Serato forum selection page ("Back To Forum Index").

The "Back To Forum Index" one should be a link back to the index of the forum you selected (ie SSL Forum, ITCH Forum, etc). If it's not then that's a bug.
DJMark 11:58 PM - 2 June, 2008
I just clicked the "Back To Forum Index" link in the floating discussion toolbox, and it sent me here: www.serato.com
Serato
dave 12:29 AM - 3 June, 2008
Yep, areas that are visible in more than one forum (this and help) have broken links.

In the near future the website will remember which forum you're in.
Serato
dave 3:35 AM - 25 June, 2008
Fixed, now you can go back to whatever forum view you prefer.