Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

When do the Winter NAMM - Itch 2.0 Rumors Start?

haze324 7:19 AM - 6 December, 2010
Ok Winter NAMM is about a month away and no rumors?

I was thinking if Serato is going to unveil Itch 2.0 at NAMM there should be a private beta going or about to start.

mmmmm, things have been to quiet here!

I expect full on over exaggerated rumors by next week when we are 30 days out from NAMM!!!
casket hands 7:31 AM - 6 December, 2010
skratchworx had something about a new numark controller a month or so back. cant remember if he said it was an itch controller though.
casket hands 7:33 AM - 6 December, 2010
haze324 7:45 AM - 6 December, 2010
yep. I remember that one.

Thats 1.

time for some more details!
Dj AaronD 8:24 AM - 6 December, 2010
would be nice if they came out with itch 2.0 soon
DJFLUKE 1:29 PM - 6 December, 2010
Who ever said the next version was going to be
2.0 anyway? We are all just assuming it is.
BadBoyChubs 1:32 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:

1.9 b4 2.0 jus my quess
k_one 1:54 PM - 6 December, 2010
I guess we would have both version 1.8 and 1.9 before 2.0.
There is no logical reason for Serato to skip release numbers other than marketing wise, and they have not been know to do so in the past.
So my guess is that we would still have to wait for 2.0 a little while longer.
That said, I don't mind the software being called 1.8 or 1.9 as long as we get the features we want. :)

As for the rumored Numark controller, my guess is that Frankfurt is more likely than Namm, at least release wise. But them showing it at NAMM wouldn't be a bad thing though. :-) I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
haze324 1:58 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:

Don't rain on the parade.
I am not assuming. 2.0 is next

Also, the recent tweet referenced they had just seen 2.0 demo'd.
haze324 2:00 PM - 6 December, 2010
there was no plan for a 1.7

It was 1.5 and 1.6 for the DX and 2.0 was supposed to be next. This is since last year --- -and that was release by Serato.

No 1.8 or 1.9
k_one 2:09 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:
Don't rain on the parade.

The thing is though, there is no reason for them to call it 2.0 for no reason.
What is needed is the features that make it deserve to be called version 2.0.
And where is your proof that there was no plan for 1.7?
Serato has always been releasing new versions consecutively (minus some internal revisions not publicly released), and I see no reason why they should stop that now just to have to software named 2.0.

To put some fuel to the rumor bonfire though, I am pretty sure that Scratch Live and Itch probably will become the exact same software in the future, at least UI-wise.

Btw, does anyone elso but me find it funny that the software are called Scratch and Itch, just like Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons? :P
haze324 2:20 PM - 6 December, 2010
www.skratchworx.com

Just look it up man. Itch 2.0 was set for release back in Q4 of 2009. Read Serato's statement. There was no 1.7 or 1.8 or 1.9 in 2009. 1.7 was a product of 2.0 not being released and users voting for certain features. It was not part of the original plan.

So yes. 2.0 is next.
k_one 2:31 PM - 6 December, 2010
Ok, I don't disagree that Serato has revealed plans of launching 2.0 and that they are way behind schedule compared to what was being said in the press release.
Do do however doubt that the plan was to skip the versions in between...but then again that is just my opinion based on Serato's release history.
I would guess that maybe releasing the bridge in version 1.8 and maybe video in 1.9 would be a logical move? And for 2.0 we will see at all come together with multiply decks and whatnot...just my two cents...
As I said before I might be wrong and I guess we'll just have to wait and see.:)
haze324 2:41 PM - 6 December, 2010
I'll try to dig up the link the twitter post where it stated something along the lines of

"we are having show and tell at work today. Just got to see Itch 2.0, I wish I had a camera on me"

Something along those lines. Here's an idea. Skip 1.8 and 1.9
and release 2.0 with Bridge, Video, new controller, better effects and sampler.

BAM! 2.0
k_one 2:46 PM - 6 December, 2010
Hey, I'm all for it! But, do you think it's likely that they will actually make The Bridge, Video, better effects, sampler etc. work directly in just one release?
If so, I would be more than impressed with the Serato engineers:)
haze324 2:48 PM - 6 December, 2010
Don't know....

...that's what I'm wondering what the rumors are :)

If it's on the horizon and up for release at NAMM there's some beta-testing going on.

I'd imagine very soon, Serato would release a statement of an "announcment" at NAMM. Hoping we hear something soon.
MusicDan 3:39 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:

Something along those lines. Here's an idea. Skip 1.8 and 1.9
and release 2.0 with Bridge, Video, new controller, better effects and sampler.

BAM! 2.0

Putting all those features into one release would be a beta testing nightmare. You know that there are going to be major issues to deal with, and dealing with them all at once, imo would be very complicated. I think 2.0 will come out instead of 1.8 or.9, but my best guess is that it will only have Bridge on it. Which for those of us who don't have Ableton and don't want to spend $800 on software that some of us don't need or want, would be useless.

I am one of those people who believe that you bought it as is, anything extra they come out with is gravy, but what I don't like is all the teasing. More than that is the dates they give, specifically Q4 2009 for something that a whole year later is not out.

There are some of you who are gonna say, "yeah, but they gave us beatgrid." Yes they did, but 2.0 at the time, and more so now, seemed like it was gonna be amazing! Personally, I don't like beatgrid, I know I should play with it more, I just don't have the time to fix the beatgrid on allot of songs. As most of you know, in spanish music, especially salsa, the beatgrid is off. I have tried to analize steady beat house music and it's off. Maybe it's just me, or this beatgrid thing has a long way to go to be perfect.
kraal 4:04 PM - 6 December, 2010
actually whe the vfx-1 was released it was said to come with 2.0
skratchworx 4:35 PM - 6 December, 2010
You must remember that the release of V2 is not just a matter of Serato deciding it's time - they have to consider what each of its partners wants to do as well. I expect that Serato are doing considerably more juggling of schedules than they ever imagined.

I would be surprised if V2 didn't at least show its face and then a beta program start. But that does depend on whether the partners want the extra features or not. Let's remember that ITCH's 1 to 1 mapping might not be easily doable on existing hardware. It's highly likely that V2 will see additional add-on hardware to enable new features, as well as all new controllers.
kraal 4:37 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:
But that does depend on whether the partners want the extra features or not. .

and if they don't leave them behind :)
haze324 4:55 PM - 6 December, 2010
I love it when skratchworx adds some sauce to the pot!!!!!!
kraal 5:00 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:
I love it when skratchworx adds some sauce to the pot!!!!!!

yeah isn't it time for some cyptic messages on the skratchworx website?
skratchworx 5:44 PM - 6 December, 2010
It's a wee bit early for teasers. Wait until January.
haze324 6:17 PM - 6 December, 2010
^ thats a tease right there!!!!

shyt
:)
nik39 6:31 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:

But it's almost January!
BadBoyChubs 6:38 PM - 6 December, 2010
^CONGRATS on ur new status!
skratchworx 7:11 PM - 6 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

But it's almost January!

It's only just December. Let's get Christmas out of the way first. Besides, marketing is always left until the last minute. We all know that on the evening before NAMM, someone will decide that's it's about time to write press releases. You know... like when your big new client is coming at 9am and the sales team decide to start creating the Powerpoint presentation at 7am.
nik39 7:54 PM - 6 December, 2010
Haha :))

You got the industry inside scoops :)
casket hands 12:49 AM - 7 December, 2010
ohhh, tech mate, jealous.
Maskrider 2:45 AM - 7 December, 2010
Wow Nik39 you really moved up with that tech mate is that a British thing.
DJ dVO 3:39 AM - 7 December, 2010
Congrats, Nik for wearing the Tech Mate banner for SSL. Wonder if there is one for Itch though?
nik39 7:21 AM - 7 December, 2010
Hey thanks guys, but it's really not that special. I am still the same guy as before and there are at least 20 other Tech Mates on the forum ;)
BadBoyChubs 12:40 PM - 7 December, 2010
@Tech mate Nik39, i have a problem wid Itch 2.0 can u send me a next copy! lolol,

i bet u kno some inside stuff but ur sworn to secretcy
nik39 12:49 PM - 7 December, 2010
I said 20 other Tech Mates, not 2.0 Tech Mates ;)
BadBoyChubs 1:27 PM - 7 December, 2010
Quote:
I said 20 other Tech Mates, not 2.0 Tech Mates ;)

that is wat u want us to believe!
haze324 1:43 PM - 7 December, 2010
LEAKS!!!!!

one month away........

:::goes back and re-reads skratchworx post::::

mmmmm ---- interesting!
skratchworx 2:36 PM - 7 December, 2010
Check wikileaks.
DJ dVO 11:37 PM - 7 December, 2010
Quote:
Check wikileaks.

Ha ha, good one, Mark!
haze324 7:18 AM - 13 December, 2010
Winter NAMM - 13 January.

Today - 13 December.

We are ONE month away. Knock Knock Serato Marketing Office --- give us something to talk about.
skratchworx 7:46 AM - 13 December, 2010
Nobody teases before Christmas. One week before is customary.

Think about this as well - each manufacturer wants to steal the show and be THE talking point. So why would any manufacturer want to tip their hand anyway? It's not like the public will flock to the show - it's strictly trade only.

So they tend to keep a lid on things until its too late for the competition to attempt to keep a flakey prototype working long enough to be rushed to the show to steal thunder. I've seen prototypes set on fire before now because they just weren't ready.
haze324 9:39 AM - 13 December, 2010
You provide us with too much logic.

Was hoping for an S4 or DB:4 type marketing campaign that was teased months in advance and then unveiled. Although the DB:4 was still a mystery until a day or two before BPM they're was plenty mention of "something" well ahead of time.

Christmas it is.
skratchworx 10:08 AM - 13 December, 2010
Here's the problem I have with teasing - in a technology driven industry, our hunger for new shiny is ravenous. So when manufacturer x says "we've got something special for NAMM", cryptically worded to make people think there's a clue in the teaser, our minds go off half cocked in the direction that we oh so desire manufacturer x to go in.

But almost always, the expectation is significantly higher that the outcome. The problem here is that while the result is often groundbreaking, the expectation is more often than not exponentially in the realms of next level sci-fi or the twilight zone.

So it's often better to not tease at all. And even better is to release a product that is available next week. No matter how awesome a product is, the wait for it to be available will often kill the good will when it was announced.

I'd hate to be a manufacturer in this ever changing and stupidly fast moving game.
haze324 10:38 AM - 13 December, 2010
...and happens just as you described almost every time!!!

However, when done correctly it's a homerun. NI did a great job with the X1. I think in this community of Itch users that have been salivating for some more features, only to continue to see SSL getting more updates and hardware added --something to get excited about at NAMM would be a great thing.

There's an S4 that's selling like hotcakes and something before Christmas I would consider a marketing move to keep customers from buying an S4 and wait to see what's released at NAMM.

I do see your point though.
djcerla 10:53 AM - 13 December, 2010
Quote:
There's an S4 that's selling like hotcakes and something before Christmas I would consider a marketing move to keep customers from buying an S4 and wait to see what's released at NAMM.

And this proves the current ITCH hardware is still selling well, otherwise they would tease the hell out trying to freeze the cake sale. But doing so would freeze the current ITCH hw sales, too.

NI had the chance to tease the S1 because they entered a new market, so no fear of any Osbourne Effect. From now on, they're in the game, too, and will stay mum on new gear until the day of availability.
haze324 12:45 PM - 13 December, 2010
^ Good points
marcA 1:04 PM - 13 December, 2010
Quote:
Here's the problem I have with teasing - in a technology driven industry, our hunger for new shiny is ravenous. So when manufacturer x says "we've got something special for NAMM", cryptically worded to make people think there's a clue in the teaser, our minds go off half cocked in the direction that we oh so desire manufacturer x to go in.

But almost always, the expectation is significantly higher that the outcome. The problem here is that while the result is often groundbreaking, the expectation is more often than not exponentially in the realms of next level sci-fi or the twilight zone.

So it's often better to not tease at all. And even better is to release a product that is available next week. No matter how awesome a product is, the wait for it to be available will often kill the good will when it was announced.

I'd hate to be a manufacturer in this ever changing and stupidly fast moving game.

you nailed it quite well
i totally absolutely defenately agree...
haze324 9:25 PM - 26 December, 2010
..........ok it's after Christmas

TIME FOR SOME NEWSSSS!!!!!!!!
dj zon3 5:21 AM - 27 December, 2010
I got a email from the serato newsletter and it says "The Serato team is heading off to NAMM Show from January 13th -16th to show the latest and greatest in Scratch Live and ITCH."
Maskrider 6:13 AM - 27 December, 2010
I hope it is something that all of us wish for......lol
hologram 6:47 AM - 27 December, 2010
OK so if Serato is loosing it's exclusivity on Rane gear...........
<--sits back and passes the popcorn
djcerla 9:05 AM - 27 December, 2010
Quote:

... or something unexpected.
DJFLEX83 11:14 AM - 2 January, 2011
all we need is video on itch.. thanks
bigdik magee 11:20 AM - 2 January, 2011
now come on if it were really that good it would have leaked by now... right?

Quote:
Quote:

... or something unexpected.

+1 been focusing on if's and hopes didn't quite think thataway....
Dj Teknotix 9:00 PM - 2 January, 2011
still no christmas or new years present :( Since I purchased the NS7 i have been pretty disapointed with the progress of the software. Lacks features which were available 5-10 years ago. Lacks stability u have to tear apart your operating system to optimize performance for it. new updates are always over rated and when we do eventually get our hands on the release it has 1 fancy new fix like a battery meter, or a beat grid that is annoying as sh*# and hard to use on the fly. Not to mention the overpriced equipment add ons like the nsfx (a midi controller with some light up buttons, and all it does is activate some pretty mediocre effects? .... Where is the serato quality we have come to expect from SL? If serato's name wasn't on the NS7 I probly would have never purchased it. Just my 2 cents , or sense .
djcerla 9:08 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
Lacks stability u have to tear apart your operating system to optimize performance for it

In 2.5 years of heavy ITCH usage all I had was a couple of dropouts. Most stable software I have ever tested, by far. My OS is a normal OSX installation.

Quote:
beat grid that is annoying as sh*# and hard to use on the fly

Still, far superior to Traktor's current implementation.
kraal 9:12 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
still no christmas or new years present :( Since I purchased the NS7 i have been pretty disapointed with the progress of the software. Lacks features which were available 5-10 years ago. .

so why did you buy it? If it did not have what you wanted at time of purchase than why spend the money on something you don't like. there is NEVER a promise of adding anything
just my 2 cents about any technology purchase
djcerla 9:20 PM - 2 January, 2011
Also, I'm interested to know what 10 years old feature this guy is looking for, since Final Scratch was launched in 2003.
BadBoyChubs 9:42 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

still no christmas or new years present :( Since I purchased the NS7 i have been pretty disapointed with the progress of the software. Lacks features which were available 5-10 years ago. .

so why did you buy it? If it did not have what you wanted at time of purchase than why spend the money on something you don't like. there is NEVER a promise of adding anything
just my 2 cents about any technology purchase

agreed wid kraal
DJFLUKE 10:19 PM - 2 January, 2011
Come on guys, we know what you mean by nothing is promised, but this is just human nature. Similar to when you purchase a new cell phone. Are you going to tell me you dont looking forward to new OS updates for your IOS, Android or BB that improve browsing? That add flash? More features? Its common for technology software to add new features to their hardware for their clients. If they didnt, there would be no competition and the world would be boring. On top of features, bug fixes and more options to the user. Itch 2 shouldnt just be about features, it should also cater to bug fixes and more options to the user to customize how THEY WANT the software to work.

Even though Serato never promised this, competition have stepped up their game, even they stepped up their game internally with all that SSL offers now.

What the people are asking from Itch is not un common, it is very common. For me , i dont care about having all these features, i more care about the library mangement and the look of the software. I do find it needs a gui refresh, i also do find its stable as fuck which i dont want to comprimise for. But people are bitching as Serato is keeping a tight lip about it, but in my opinion they are not, they just dont WANT to cater to itch all that much. Its clear its a second rate software to them behind SSL. I mean count how many updates SSL has had since itch was released and you will find your answer. Serato can cater to more people by going into Namm with a new version of SSL in Beta 5-6 or even RC , then pushing a new version of itch and leaving SSL at a previous version. Hope that makes sense.

Lets go to name with SSL 2.2 BETA 5 and ITch 1.7.1 and announce something new for itch??? FOORRR SUUURE, or we can go into NAMM with SSL 2.1 , ITch V 2 Beta 5 and announce SSL 2.2??? NOOO WAYYYY
kraal 10:25 PM - 2 January, 2011
djfluke --- like i always say it has to do with how it is stated... saying i want these features is different than complaining about what you have already. I want new features but will never say i am disappointed with what i currently have and definatly wont state a bash serato thread based on what may or may not be added
djcerla 10:51 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
competitions have stepped up their game

As far as I'm concerned, no competitor has yet to remotely come close to the V7 experience. These units are seemingly built-to-order on my personal mix/performance/visual-appeal needs.

Sometimes the final result is much bigger than the sum of the parts (or "features" if you prefer).

Do I want more features? Hell, yes, as long as adding them doesn't make my V7 experience less stellar than today.
haze324 11:02 PM - 2 January, 2011
I'm with Fluke.

It's passed Christmas and not a peep. All jokes aside, I really enjoy my S4 and have been hoping for Serato to match NI with a similar product and set of features. I will continue to commend NI for the way the S4 was teased, introduced, demo'd and released.

I don't see similar aggression from Serato for Itch and it's a bit disheartening.

I was hoping after Skratchworx mentioned "after Christmas" we would've heard something by now. Again I think this was a major marketing flop not to have teased something during the holidays when the S4 sold like hot cakes. The marketing of Itch seems VERY unprofessional (aside from all the promoting of the NS7).....and sadly that's reflection of the company.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
kraal 11:24 PM - 2 January, 2011
did you realize other than hobby or bedroom dj's christmas is NOT the buying season
djcerla 11:27 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
I was hoping after Skratchworx mentioned "after Christmas" we would've heard something by now

do you realize "after Christmas" is industry lingo for NAMM?
haze324 11:55 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
did you realize other than hobby or bedroom dj's christmas is NOT the buying season

Well lets be honest here. Itch is not storming the major club scene right now. I'm in MIami right now on vacation and I have yet to see anyone using Itch at a major club. Not that Miami is the club standard for the world, but i would think it's up there. It's been SSL, TSP or CDJ's....and this was at LIV the hottest club on the beach where Morillo is the resident DJ.

So when your target users are guys using 699.00 VCI-300's, then yes....Christmas is a target rich time frame.

Come on guys. You guys nit pick and sharp shoot specific sentences that forum members put up to defend Serato but then completely miss the point of the post. Do you honestly think that Serato has done a good job of promoting, marketing and delivering the next version of Itch. I personally don't.
kraal 12:10 AM - 3 January, 2011
Quote:
t Serato has done a good job of promoting, marketing and delivering the next version of Itch. I personally don't.

honestly yes i do.... I mean think of it like this the s4 launched and is out... if Serato started boasting about ITCH at the exact time then it would or could be washed under the radar. now you have people saving money for the s4 and then before the make their purchase new features/version announced....

besides ITCH already exist why do they need to mass promote future features when the current features are more than enough to get new users
Dj Teknotix 1:54 AM - 3 January, 2011
I agree with you guys, and yes some of us are unsatisified because we feel it's not worth the amount of $$ u have to shell out for new features, and although they say new features in updates will be free why do we still have to buy add on equipment? If it was free if would be integrated with some hot keys or like traktor. Disapointed all around...
BadBoyChubs 2:19 AM - 3 January, 2011
when u all bought Itch did u all buy it with video? so u get wat u paid for. so if u had to spent $100 more for a hardware to get it dont complain. The updates are free, the most important things like fixes of bugs.

Oh well i am current happy wid my 1.5 dont need Beatgrid. I bought the Nsfx but hardly use it,

I cant blame u all either , u want u product to be one of the best compare to others, so it is easy to understand why u want more. i want a few things but if it never happens i wont sell itch for nothing
Dj Teknotix 3:06 AM - 3 January, 2011
Nicely put BadBoy. At least everyone understands the issues we have. We paid top notch money for something that was nowhere close to even medium notch when it was released... Its been 2 years and still waiting to get what we shouldve gotten in the NS7 box... Im not talkin about videos, but at least a decent sampler, some better effects, something to make us say "whoo, this is what I paid ", instead of saying "Why did i pay for this s%^&!
kraal 6:33 AM - 3 January, 2011
That's the part I don't get. You are calling itch $&!" and saying it wasn't worth paying for. I have never purchased anything and later said it was a waste if it did I would of returned it
djcerla 8:05 AM - 3 January, 2011
NAMM can't come soon enough.
skratchworx 10:20 AM - 3 January, 2011
As explained previously, manufacturers don't tip their hands about what they're showing or not showing as they don't want to give anyone a competitive edge. In the coming weeks, you might get teasers but I suspect the really interesting stuff is embargoed until the opening day of the show.

You just need to be patient - a commodity sadly lacking in the news hungry internet age.
Dj Teknotix 6:23 PM - 3 January, 2011
Guys, dont get me wrong Itch is great and all, but was it worth it? The NS7 is a rock solid piece of equipment, but the software is lacking in many quadrants. So my disapointment was not with the NS7 which is why I didnt return it, my issue has been and is still is with the software. I also knew there would be updates coming just like SL , and my other option was to remap and use something else. After waiting and following NS7's progress from conception to production for over a year, I wasnt about to take it back to the store just because the software was shit. I am satisified with the durability and reliability of the hardware. Just wish Serato could've lived up to our 1500$ expectations. :) I
kraal 6:27 PM - 3 January, 2011
in that case i say wait for 2.0 --- then complain if that doesnt help :)
DJ dVO 6:56 PM - 3 January, 2011
Hold on here Teknotix. Did you buy the NS7 with a promise that ITCH will be the God of all DJ softwares with tons of features? No. You bought the NS7 with the version of Itch that is more than enough to put your NS7 to its fullest potential use. And I am going to ask you this question: what good will Itch be with tons of features when the NS7 hardware was not built to accommodate these new features? What next? You're going to complain that the NS7 is crap because it lacks the buttons, this and that to properly function the all new features in Itch and that why you should pay for the new add-on?

Let's be realistic here guys and just enjoy what you paid for and take whatever comes our way as bonus.
Dj AaronD 8:07 PM - 3 January, 2011
all i ask for is afew more effects on it. im happy with the way it works with my vci. I dont see anything wrong with itch so far. I have had afew drop outs but i blame it on my computer and not the software. i do agree with above. if you add a crap load of features to it and your controller can't use them then whats the point of having all of those features and not being able to use them
DJ Cs 8:13 PM - 3 January, 2011
I agree with those that are saying its a shame to get the flagship product (NS7 or V7's) and not be able to use Serato's industry standard features.

I work for a fortune 100 company that uses marketing like this to sell products. That's just the way marketing works..no need to be mad at that, but I understand what it is.

I've seen those asking the question "what are you complaining about....You bought it", in the forums complaining about other issues like stability and features not working as intended. Seems they would be happy with 1.5 as most of us are and NOT want to take advantage of the unneeded FEATURES coming in 2.0 or whatever.

I mean this is a forum-right?

For the record, I think everyone everyone is just saying they want the same respect that SSL users are getting from Serato.

Sure you can rock with itch fine...no problem, but why do they have all the professional DJ's hyping all the FEATURES that SSL offers if it's not warranted or wanted. It's the reason that SSL is used as opposed to ITCH (so far) in clubs by professional DJ's.

I do think Itch gives you the Purist approach and invites you to be creative with what you have. However, it still makes you feel like you're the ugly stepchild with the dribbling of features they put on owners of itch.

I mean, to have such great pieces of hardware available for itch (NS7, V7's and others) and we can't even enjoy the same crate management, much less Video as our counterparts is plain degrading.

I am excited by what is possible but not too optimistic given the recent track record of implementation.

Either way I love the hardware as others are saying and will KEEP it if possible but didn't think it was a crime to be disappointed in the software.

This is not so those on here to nit pick every sentence. Overall I'm happy, but would love to have at least SOME of the features that SSl Users enjoy.
haze324 8:19 PM - 3 January, 2011
^ I'm having some of whatever he's drinking.

It makes sense.

On another note. While being home I pulled out my NS7 for a bit, and man do I dig that thing. Much different feel than the S4. Hopefully Serato steps it up in a few weeks.
skratchworx 8:56 PM - 3 January, 2011
ITCH's philosophy has always been 1 to 1 mapping - the software is directly mapped to the controls provided by the hardware vendor. If you expect more than the hardware you bought offered then you didn't really understand what you were buying. Nor should you feel hard done by if the features you really want aren't available when the next version of ITCH comes out, or aren't prepared to buy the additional hardware e.g. a VFX-1.

That's how ITCH rolls. It does exactly what it says on the box.
haze324 10:40 PM - 3 January, 2011
^ I think most people understand that.

They are just not pleased when competing softwares have managed to implement updates without requiring new hardware. Why did Johnny get that and I didn't. We are really going to continue to say "it does what the box said it would do when you bought it". Well shit so did OS X Leopard, Vista, my Iphone, etc......but I still wanted updates when as we progress with technology.

I re-read the whole keep things quiet till NAMM because of a competitive edge and while I can understand that happening over hardware, I don't think there is any competitive edge for the Software Itch. There is no other competition waiting to be revealed at NAMM. Perhaps I still don't get it. Either way it's a moot point. They're not gonna say shit till NAMM, bottom line. Got it.
nik39 10:50 PM - 3 January, 2011
Quote:
Got it.

Thank god.
DJ Cs 11:37 PM - 3 January, 2011
Quote:
......... or aren't prepared to buy the additional hardware e.g. a VFX-1.

That's how ITCH rolls. It does exactly what it says on the box.

Yeah, that's how ITCH rolls.
Maskrider 11:51 PM - 3 January, 2011
I have both SSL and ITCH the reason I have'nt jumped on the Video. The only reason is If VSL works for both it would be nice,but if ITCH has a separate software to run Videos I rather have that than to get the VSL. Since I'm using ITCH in everything I do now.
DJ dVO 12:02 AM - 4 January, 2011
I think the mentality of most disappointed souls are as follows: damn, those features in SSL (or VDJ) are sick sick ass! But man, I can't stand lugging those TTs and a mixer plus midi-controllers to every gig. Screw this backache, I like the look and feel of the NS7. I am getting it. Crap! Itch is an LE version of SSL! Itch doesn't have this feature that SSL has. Oh it's so behind in industry standard...on and on.

Clearly, if people understood the 1 to 1 mapping concept, they wouldn't be so harsh at complaining why it lacks so much features.

Anyway, that's just my view.
DJ Cs 12:02 AM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
I have both SSL and ITCH the reason I have'nt jumped on the Video. The only reason is If VSL works for both it would be nice,but if ITCH has a separate software to run Videos I rather have that than to get the VSL. Since I'm using ITCH in everything I do now.

Right, I haven't done any of the video stuff but would love the versatility it would give with the V7's. Itch is a really incredible piece of software for what it does. Just missing a little bit of the SSL days.

I'm sure most of us have used SSL and it was quite a change going to ITCH, but because of the great hardware and stability(99% of the time) ITCH proved itself as a contender.

Like I said looking forward to what ITCH may bring in the future . NAMM can't come quick enough.

Something else I will comment on, is that Numark guys like Sbangs have been very active and responsive on the board.
DJ Cs 12:13 AM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
I think the mentality of most disappointed souls are as follows: damn, those features in SSL (or VDJ) are sick sick ass! But man, I can't stand lugging those TTs and a mixer plus midi-controllers to every gig. Screw this backache, I like the look and feel of the NS7. I am getting it. Crap! Itch is an LE version of SSL! Itch doesn't have this feature that SSL has. Oh it's so behind in industry standard...on and on.

Clearly, if people understood the 1 to 1 mapping concept, they wouldn't be so harsh at complaining why it lacks so much features.

Anyway, that's just my view.

Well said. Correct on all points.
Still doesn't change the fact that some features can be a huge opportunity to push ITCH to the next level.

It's funny how when these "complaints" get implemented (correctly), the praise rains down from some trying to censor others, and the product gains that much more support in the industry as a whole.
kraal 12:26 AM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:

It's funny how when these "complaints" get implemented (correctly), the praise rains down from some trying to censor others, and the product gains that much more support in the industry as a whole.

i never say anything against the feature request. just my comments are direct towards the ones that feel the wasted money or were ripped off
Maskrider 9:05 AM - 4 January, 2011
ITCH is just gonna keep on improving and will be side to side with SSL.....We really don't know the inner workings of SERATO that's why we speculate so much....lol

Patience is Virtue.
Dj Teknotix 2:49 PM - 4 January, 2011
@ DJ Cs ... Man you hit the nail on the head... There is a huge difference between complaining and constructive criticism... I am positive that although we have experienced the up's and down's with the development and iplementation of the software , none of us would ever think about returning the NS7... I wasnt ripped off, but simply disapointed at the hardware vs software quality... Im sure many are. I actually prefer using 1.5 over 1.7 because in my opinion its much more stable...
Its almost as if priority is given to SSL, and ITCH is pushed in the corner until its covenient for Serato or one of its partners...but what about us? 2 Years later and we still are no where close to getting features offered in the same price point by comparable vendors... Better yet no where close to having the same stability which should have been in the box...
kraal 3:23 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
...but what about us? 2 Years later and we still are no where close to getting features offered in the same price point by comparable vendors... Better yet no where close to having the same stability which should have been in the box...

still i would wait till 2.0 arrives before saying any of this.....

wasnt there a version of ssl that was widely considered unstable 1.9 or something?
DJ Cs 6:22 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i never say anything against the feature request. just my comments are direct towards the ones that feel the wasted money or were ripped off

Yeah, I hear you on that. I definitely don't feel ripped off and don't think most of us were saying that, just hoping that Serato throws us a bone this time.

But like you say Let's just wait until 2.0, I'm sure good things are in the pipeline.

Please, please don't let it be 5 upgraded features for SSL and 1 for ITCH+ bug fixes (fingers and toes crossed)
Rob Pointer 9:58 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

competitions have stepped up their game

As far as I'm concerned, no competitor has yet to remotely come close to the V7 experience. These units are seemingly built-to-order on my personal mix/performance/visual-appeal needs.

Sometimes the final result is much bigger than the sum of the parts (or "features" if you prefer).

Do I want more features? Hell, yes, as long as adding them doesn't make my V7 experience less stellar than today.

+9,000,000

IMO
Maskrider 9:59 PM - 4 January, 2011
Well Jan 15 is just around the corner.....lol
DJ Cs 10:22 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
Well Jan 15 is just around the corner.....lol

Wooohoooo, yes.
Dj Teknotix 2:45 PM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
Clearly, if people understood the 1 to 1 mapping concept, they wouldn't be so harsh at complaining why it lacks so much features. Anyway, that's just my view.

So are your trying to tell me that 1 to 1 maping is the reason (excuse) that itch isnt feature packed? Because its terribly hard to map midi controls to hardware, especially if the hardware wasnt specific to the software. However this isnt the case, the point of the ns7 was exactly the opposite. 1 to 1 mapping isnt brain science, we already know that sampler controls most will not be mapped to the ns7 but to hot keys , unless we have to purchase another piece of hardware ... :( . Jan 15 ... I hope they deliver .
ontime1269 1:10 AM - 8 January, 2011
That new Numark 4 channel controller is a Hybrid MIDI controller/mixer. You will have the capability to use it with any DVS you want. You can use it as a mixer to connect SSL plus your choice of CD players or Turntables. For SSL you will still need the Serato box of course. It can also be mapped to Traktor.

There is also Itch mode which is where this unit really shines. Tons of new goodies coming. The familiar one 1 to 1 mapping concept will be retained. Itch mode is designed to work in perfect harmony with a pair of V7's.

Rumor or truth?
kraal 1:49 AM - 8 January, 2011
I call rumor ;)
casket hands 1:55 AM - 8 January, 2011
haha. fanboy wank material right there. utterly false at that.
DJ Urkel Dee 7:10 PM - 8 January, 2011
I'll be going to NAMM so if you want to follow me on twitter I'll be doing live previews.
BadBoyChubs 8:25 PM - 8 January, 2011
^kool wat u follow name, go but serato booth 1st then numark
kraal 10:05 PM - 8 January, 2011
Quote:
I'll be going to NAMM so if you want to follow me on twitter I'll be doing live previews.

following you now
DJ Urkel Dee 10:24 PM - 8 January, 2011
twitter.com!/DJURKELDEE

@BadBoyChubs... Ok

Any request dm me and I'll swing by... I'm a gear junkie so I have no problem with it.
k_one 10:02 AM - 11 January, 2011
I guess the Pioneer rumors is now a thing of the past:
www.serato.com
DJFLEX83 5:12 PM - 11 January, 2011
how much dose it go for?
bigdik magee 9:20 PM - 11 January, 2011
Quote:
how much dose it go for?

I hear $1599
DJFLEX83 9:29 AM - 12 January, 2011
ohh thats 2 much.
k_one 3:19 PM - 12 January, 2011
Check it out:
www.numark.com
marcA 3:28 PM - 12 January, 2011
i wonder why they call it NS6
it makes you think it is less than the NS7 but instead it is more....
any pricing floating around?
nik39 3:47 PM - 12 January, 2011
More like... no more rotating platters?

;)
djcerla 3:49 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

;)

LOL
marcA 4:02 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:

;)

you could see it that way...
but you can hook up a normal cdj and use it...
and 4 decks...
it'll depend on the price tag but although i like the rotating platters i could live without them...
Rob Pointer 4:31 PM - 12 January, 2011
I love the way this looks to be laid out. The NS7 was a no go for me because I have my own mixer. My V7s are my go to for playing out.

But I would like something I could have in my own home as a permanent set up that mirrors the functions of the V7 so I can just hook up and play without having to unpack my V7s.

I can make mixes and try stuff out at home and have the work flow be essentially the same as when I play out (minus my own mixer) - and have a back up unit to use in case something craps out.

I think Numark beat Pioneer at the controller piece. 4 channels and the set up the V7s. sick.

I'll be getting this. Pioneer is great, but I think it got the most amount of play because of its CDJs and DJM history, not because the actual unit is of better workflow or build quality.

I'm hoping the NS6 has the same build quality if the V7 - if so, it has a real winner. But it has to be marketed well.

Competition is great for us, no? lovin' this.

DJFLEX83 7:08 PM - 12 January, 2011
hahahahahahaha is fun brother..
kraal 7:10 PM - 12 January, 2011
between pioneer and numark it comes down to to responce of the jogwheels to me
DJ Cs 7:20 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
I love the way this looks to be laid out. The NS7 was a no go for me because I have my own mixer. My V7s are my go to for playing out.

But I would like something I could have in my own home as a permanent set up that mirrors the functions of the V7 so I can just hook up and play without having to unpack my V7s.

I can make mixes and try stuff out at home and have the work flow be essentially the same as when I play out (minus my own mixer) - and have a back up unit to use in case something craps out.

I think Numark beat Pioneer at the controller piece. 4 channels and the set up the V7s. sick.

I'll be getting this. Pioneer is great, but I think it got the most amount of play because of its CDJs and DJM history, not because the actual unit is of better workflow or build quality.

I'm hoping the NS6 has the same build quality if the V7 - if so, it has a real winner. But it has to be marketed well.

Competition is great for us, no? lovin' this.

This is exactly what I was thinking. However, I can't justify anything close to that price when it mimics the V7's I already have.

Looks like the build quality is exactly the same as the NS7 and V7, so durability shouldn't be an issue.

I definitely think Numark (AGAIN) knocked it out the park with this controller.
They seem to really have their finger on the pulse of what actual DJ's are requesting.

Two questions,
1. how are they implementing 4 decks in software or adding additional soundcards in the device?
2. If they are implementing it via software, why can't the NS7 or V7's have 4 deck control?

I
Dj Teknotix 3:00 PM - 13 January, 2011
Im pretty sure that it is a 4 channel mixer, so not its not all software. Ideally the software still needs to route each virtual deck to an actual channel. They also state you can use it as a stand alone 4 channel mixer without being connected to itch.
I1Kirm 3:02 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Im pretty sure that it is a 4 channel mixer, so not its not all software. Ideally the software still needs to route each virtual deck to an actual channel. They also state you can use it as a stand alone 4 channel mixer without being connected to itch.

That wouldn't make sense. It will require 4x USB bandwidth from a single USB port plus the limiter wouldn't be functional. The mixing will be internal
I1Kirm 3:03 PM - 13 January, 2011
Ofcourse I was referring to the mixing of software channels. Analog sources will be mixed on the NS6.
Dj Teknotix 3:11 PM - 13 January, 2011
You arent making any sense... 'Mixing of software channels" still occurs in the mixer...
nik39 3:18 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
You arent making any sense... 'Mixing of software channels" still occurs in the mixer...

Are you sure?
Ragman 5:12 PM - 13 January, 2011
On the digital side mixing occurs in Itch. The hardware mixer is just a MIDI controller. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I1Kirm 5:38 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:

Let me rephrase, mixing of digital channels happens inside ITCH (that is when you play 4 mp3s from your laptop)
Dj Teknotix 6:40 PM - 13 January, 2011
No it dosentt, the software does absolutely no mixing. It just plays all the tracks at once and the mixer does the rest. Think about audio routing in traktor (if u have ever used it).
U may choose whether u have an internal or external mixer. For external mixers the audio is routed to each channel respectively and all mixing is done from the mixer. For internal mixing the audio is mixed within the software.
I believe the ns7 and itch is an external mixer setup. Otherwise we would have mixer controls in the software.
kraal 6:50 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:

I believe the ns7 and itch is an external mixer setup. Otherwise we would have mixer controls in the software.

not quite true --- serato always says the reason you can not use itch controllers with SSL is cause itch's internal mixing engine
DJ Cs 6:59 PM - 13 January, 2011
Either way, it is possible to have 4 channels on the NS7 and V7's. However, it seems ITCH is routing through hardware only.

Look at how VDJ accomplishes this, internally mixed and then routed out to hardware.
zaguama 11:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
the only ITCH device that will be able to do external mixing is the NS6 where you can plugin CDJs and Turntables and use the mixer even without the software. With the existing ITCH controllers all mixing is done internally by the software. And of course the V7s which require an external mixer anyways.
Dj Teknotix 3:20 PM - 16 January, 2011
Hey guys, So any word on ITCH 2.0? I see it has not moved to the bottom of the products page ... :( Meaning its the only one which hasnt been updated.
DJ Cs 9:16 PM - 16 January, 2011
Quote:
Hey guys, So any word on ITCH 2.0? I see it has not moved to the bottom of the products page ... :( Meaning its the only one which hasnt been updated.

Ha HA,

That's a sore subject around here lately. The answer is NO, Nada, zilch.
Dj Teknotix 3:56 PM - 17 January, 2011
I meant ITCH has moved to the bottom of the products page. This just dosent make sense to me because they are releasing new products and improving other software which already have a boatload of features, while we are struggling with the bare necessities... just crawling along the dj scene , worst of all keeping us in the dark because they probably dont even plan of releasing it anytime soon. When they do it will probably be a 1.8 or 1.9 beta... They just care about bringing in new and uneducated customers who dont know the background of itch, while the existing users are stuck waiting patiently for an update which was schecduled for 2009. Lets release new cars before we fix the braking problems of the last batch...
DJ Cs 4:05 PM - 17 January, 2011
Like I said, everything you commented is a sore subject around here.

You will probably be told to be quiet and be satisfied with what you have.
MusicDan 4:07 PM - 17 January, 2011
Be quiet and be satisfied with what you have. ;-)
Dj Teknotix 4:07 PM - 17 January, 2011
Ha ha ha , Its human nature to never be satisfied.
kraal 4:59 PM - 17 January, 2011
Dj Teknotik --- i think you are wrong. Again many new features for SSL but no one knows how long those have been in development. I seriously think when itch 2.0 was first announced it was not going to be a major redesign. in 2009 the 2.0 was announced it 2010 serato stated that they decided they needed to work from the ground up in order to add more of the features we want.

the idea of adding 'new customers' i think has a lot to do with the fact that even traktor is jumping on the itch model. pioneer already did that with the whole 'record box' thing so of course that leads to adding more controllers.

i am saying be satisfied with what you have ( not saying shut up that's just rude) cause i do beileve for what it does itch is great. I truly beleive itch will get there. maybe they are spending more time on the SSL side of things but last i checked more clubs have ssl than itch. Also imagine the backlash if ssl users were all saying ' we were out first and we are getting no updates' :)
DJ Urkel Dee 6:19 PM - 17 January, 2011
@Kraal great points "BUT" lol it's still no reason for Serato to push updates to the side for SSL users, If people check my past posts I gave valid reason why Itch user's are getting D*cked and it won't get any better as long as Itch gives licensed to EVERY company that comes along and wants a piece of the "Serato Pie" Numerous controllers CAN'T be good for Updates, New Features and Timelines let alone the handful of the Itch staff... Although I am impressed with them trying to keep every controller in the loop (pun intended) It's taking it's toll. It's starting to get messy.
Rob Pointer 6:36 PM - 17 January, 2011
I have a problem with this "d*cked" accusation.

You bought your Itch stuff knowing it works the way it does with you have.

I don't buy today's car model with the idea that I'm getting the features coming out in two years...

I freakin' drive the car and get my use out of it for what I bought it for at the time.

you know? The fact that they even open a window and letting us know something IS coming is good enough.

It could be worse. Serato could be like Apple and dont' say anything until the day it is released.
DJ Urkel Dee 6:43 PM - 17 January, 2011
I agree Rob Pointer but I just didn't mean d*cked in that sense... I understand 1:1 mapping very well my friend...
kraal 6:46 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Although I am impressed with them trying to keep every controller in the loop (pun intended) It's taking it's toll. It's starting to get messy.

it's not taking a toll --- ok i will just flat out and say this like it is --- All i see is a bunch of whining and impatient people making assumptions...

for months this board has been full of 'itch is an le version'
' they will never add features to itch'
'serato is screwing it's customers'
' NI has beter marketing'
yada yada point is serato has chimed in again and again saying it is working on it... and then they get called bad programmers. I feel serato will release things when they are ready and it will be good... never great cause once the come out with the new version people will complain cause it can not do something else. A youtube video hints to video coming to itch. twitter reports of a show and tell for itch 2.0 serato acknowledged the need and want for a sampler in itch being the top request. so what else can you do but wait?
Rob Pointer 6:49 PM - 17 January, 2011
All I know is using my V7s with Itch 1.71 and mix is shit hot - right now without all those other features/things everyone keeps saying I'm missing. :P

it can only get better. :D
Ragman 6:50 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
@Kraal great points "BUT" lol it's still no reason for Serato to push updates to the side for SSL users, If people check my past posts I gave valid reason why Itch user's are getting D*cked and it won't get any better as long as Itch gives licensed to EVERY company that comes along and wants a piece of the "Serato Pie" Numerous controllers CAN'T be good for Updates, New Features and Timelines let alone the handful of the Itch staff... Although I am impressed with them trying to keep every controller in the loop (pun intended) It's taking it's toll. It's starting to get messy.

Funny thing is if Itch controllers keep growing, Serato may be forced to make Itch it's defacto product. Thus growing their dev team and putting more resources into what's bringing in the most profits. Just something to think about in the long run.
Ragman 6:51 PM - 17 January, 2011
Not trying to piss off SSL users but it's plain to see what's happning
kraal 6:58 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Not trying to piss off SSL users but it's plain to see what's happning

i think you are on point there.... it is early in the game but the truth is soon controllers will outweigh turntables in usage the newer generation of dj's will get a hold of a controller before they will turntables
DJ Urkel Dee 7:10 PM - 17 January, 2011
@ Kraal come on bro you were doing great... SMH It's been a lot of people that are downing itch and even sh*tting on it but there are a lot (Like myself) that's like ok whats going on...
kraal 7:16 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
@ Kraal come on bro you were doing great... SMH It's been a lot of people that are downing itch and even sh*tting on it but there are a lot (Like myself) that's like ok whats going on...

right which is legitimate but still goes to serato is working on it and has been stated what else do you want. have you participated in any of the public betas? that is enlightning in and of itself to see how many release candidates are issued cause some fix messes up something else. Just being assured that new features are on the way and your controllers is not being turned into a paper weight is good news not being 'd*cked around'
DJ Urkel Dee 7:36 PM - 17 January, 2011
Nerver said they were stagnant bro just said ok whats going on and yes I have been part of a few beta's in my day but I still say until Serato makes a move with Itch I will keep asking when just like you will continue to keep saying wait lol.
kraal 7:40 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Nerver said they were stagnant bro just said ok whats going on and yes I have been part of a few beta's in my day but I still say until Serato makes a move with Itch I will keep asking when just like you will continue to keep saying wait lol.

ok fair enough -- i guess i just got past the point of asking when cause asking has yet to be answered or made anything go faster :)
DJ Urkel Dee 7:49 PM - 17 January, 2011
And that's fair... and maybe asking when (of course in a positive way) will get the ball rolling faster... I'm a fan of Serato but it's hard to spend 15-16 hundred on itch and hardware and not want the best... One thing Numark did do right is allow the V7's to be mappable.
DJ Cs 8:33 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
Be quiet and be satisfied with what you have. ;-)

Thanks MusicDan, got that out the way early :)

@krall :
Quote:
..... in 2009 the 2.0 was announced it 2010 serato stated that they decided they needed to work from the ground up in order to add more of the features we want.

i am saying be satisfied with what you have ( not saying shut up that's just rude) cause i do beileve for what it does itch is great. .......

Well, you just made the point for most of us, "in 2009".

How about you be satisfied and we speak our opinion. How hard is that to do?

Quote:
Quote:

Although I am impressed with them trying to keep every controller in the loop (pun intended) It's taking it's toll. It's starting to get messy.

it's not taking a toll --- ok i will just flat out and say this like it is --- All i see is a bunch of whining and impatient people making assumptions...

for months this board has been full of 'itch is an le version'
' they will never add features to itch'
'serato is screwing it's customers'
' NI has beter marketing'
yada yada point is serato has chimed in again and again saying it is working on it... and then they get called bad programmers.

Ok, here we go again, I don't understand why you follow up on these things if (in your opinion) it's only a few saying it and it's not taking a toll..(that's your opinion).

Who called Serato bad programmers???

What makes Serato immune to what EVERY major DJ software company has gone through when going two years without features added. They also had people complaining about lack of fixes, updates, features, etc?

Even in a thread started to directly "whine" you get on it and say everyone in the world is ok with it (again, your opinion). Why read or respond to it?

Do you thinks Serato would have "announced or tweeted" that it's coming had it not been for people pressing them over that period of time.

Still baffles me that some refuse to look at past posts by themselves whining about an issue that affected them, while getting on here and lambasting others for doing the same.

If you're happy and making money, then great, but don't presume to tell grown people what to say or do on a public forum if it's not attacking you or other members.
Dj Teknotix 8:49 PM - 17 January, 2011
All points acknowledged,Thanks ^^^^. Well to be honest when i purchased ITCH, i thought it was allot more that what it really was when i installed it, And if your saying it was wrong to buy it assuming that it will be updated then why does serato "boast" "FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE"? That is one of the good things bout serato, but waiting 2 years for some bug fixes and a beat grid is kind of a slap in the face. Whilst we sit here and watch the numark ns7 become obsolete before it even reaches its potential... I respect ur opinion so respect mine..
kraal 8:57 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:

Even in a thread started to directly "whine" you get on it and say everyone in the world is ok with it (again, your opinion). Why read or respond to it?

s.

thats my point i never said anyone is ok with it all i said is there is nothing that can be done. heck i even started a feature request threads so there is a more constructive noticible place for such stuff......

Quote:
All points acknowledged,Thanks ^^^^. Well to be honest when i purchased ITCH, i thought it was allot more that what it really was when i installed it, And if your saying it was wrong to buy it assuming that it will be updated then why does serato "boast" "FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE"? That is one of the good things bout serato, but waiting 2 years for some bug fixes and a beat grid is kind of a slap in the face. Whilst we sit here and watch the numark ns7 become obsolete before it even reaches its potential... I respect ur opinion so respect mine..

first about respecting you opinion i never disrespect any opinion just cause i provide a counter view. Unfortunatly itch is what it is out of the box sorry you expected something else but what really can be said about that ?

'the ns7 being obsolete' is the assumptions i am saying are of no merit --- we have no idea what the future holds and the ns7 is as obsolete as a turntable is if you think about it

oh and to
"If you're happy and making money, then great, but don't presume to tell grown people what to say or do on a public forum if it's not attacking you or other members. "

read my post carefully i never told anyone what to say or not to say.
DJ Cs 9:06 PM - 17 January, 2011
@kraal

I really don't have a problem (at all) with your opinion, but to call people whiny, impatient and etc is just as rude as not respecting their opinion.

I guess I'm at a loss to see why people call others childish, whiny, etc and ignore rantings of their own in past about bugs, etc.

If it's not your issue, then why defend so vehemently what we see as a real issue?

Someone else was just caught in a hypocritical statement saying they left a competitor for their 2 year dormancy on the product, but now is telling others they are whiny on ITCH.

Like I said, I've always (and still do) respect you and others who have made these comments and name calling, but am at a loss as to why you don't see it as being hypocritical?
kraal 9:10 PM - 17 January, 2011
i actually am using the 'whinny' term cause honestly i think instead of the itch is crap serato don't care about us chants people should be more specific and things may b get done ... thats all
DJ Cs 9:30 PM - 17 January, 2011
I HOPE I never said ITCH is crap, and maybe recall one person actually saying that. The vast majority of us respect Serato for what ITCH can do and have said so.

I was a former Torq user and saw it go through the same thing that ITCH is now.

Whether it's development time or putting more priority to something else, the communication was VERY lacking as well as updates to bugs, etc. Many of us left an incredibly capable piece of software and spoke with our dollars to invest in something that gave them a feature or stability they wanted.

In the case of Torq, it was sticker drift, database issues and many others that didn't get addressed for years.

Bottom line TORQ lost customers to Serato, VDJ and Traktor.

Kraal, I know you know this, but just giving a baseline of where many of us are coming from.

ITCH did come with our choice of controller and did not have sticker drift or the same database issues, etc, but was woefully lacking compared to TORQ, Traktor and others in the features department.

Fine I used it then (since the NS7 first debuted), and am using it now to make money.

However, I think myself and many others have been loyal and not "whined" like this until I started seeing the same trend that TORQ put it's users through.

Funny, looks like the two year standard is the pattern. I wonder if Traktor users experienced the same thing?
Maskrider 9:33 PM - 17 January, 2011
I'm patiently waiting that things will turn around here.......All the essentials that we need..We might wait for awhile but try to gather what we need for the future updates.
I1Kirm 9:36 PM - 17 January, 2011
Hmm, asking for more is always a good thing but I don't think ITCH has any of show-stopping bugs TORQ had. I mean beatgrid might not be 100% done and some users are having drop-outs (although this is probably OSX related) but besides those minor issues ITCH is performing flawesly every time.
kraal 9:38 PM - 17 January, 2011
first of all dj c's never said YOU said itch sucks.
has anyone ever thought that maybe Serato has been waiting for the comp to see what 'features' to add to remain on top?
Rob Pointer 9:39 PM - 17 January, 2011
The waiting period for updates for Torq vs. Itch is just not even in the same ballpark.

4 years to get to version 2? a year or more between updates (and I mean, ANY update)....

Seriously, since I've got my V7 units a few months ago Itch has gone from 1.5 to 1.71.

that's nothing. 2.0 will come out in time and it will still be light years ahead of Torq's non-release schedule that was continually dangled in front of our faces, etc.

It was a good product, but I couldn't deal with a mothballed produced line.
DJ Cs 9:55 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
The waiting period for updates for Torq vs. Itch is just not even in the same ballpark.

4 years to get to version 2? a year or more between updates (and I mean, ANY update)....

Seriously, since I've got my V7 units a few months ago Itch has gone from 1.5 to 1.71.

that's nothing. 2.0 will come out in time and it will still be light years ahead of Torq's non-release schedule that was continually dangled in front of our faces, etc.

It was a good product, but I couldn't deal with a mothballed produced line.

Are you using 1.7.1 without any issues from the start?
Some have been very lucky to not have issues with it and not revert back to 1.5. Also some have had to reformat and reinstall the OS to get 1.7.x to work on their system.

It would be interesting to see who is using 1.7.x as opposed to 1.5 at actual live performances, where it actually counts. I think there was a whole thread about that.

If you had to revert back to 1.5 or earlier, are you actually calling 1.7.x a true upgrade?
Rob Pointer 10:01 PM - 17 January, 2011
yes, I have never had a drop out ever on any version since I started using the V7s.

Version 1.7 was solid and I suppose you could say that 1.71 is even moreso (although I was having no issues).

I don't run Itch at the lowest level latency and I keep the screen refresh between max and sometimes drop it down. But this isn't because I"m trouble shooting. I just try to keep the strain on computer manageable (with the idea that I'll be sharing CPU resources with Ableton soon via The Bridge.

I recorded a set with live the other night while Itch was running in the foreground. Perfect - no issues at all.

Works great for me.
Big Pops 10:06 PM - 17 January, 2011
I been using ITCH just about 1 Year, I have both 1.5 qnd 1.7 on my laptop,1.7 seems to be giving a lot of trouble so I re install 1.5 drivers and use it with 1.7.This help my problem of high CPU usage a bit.
I bought my NS7 in 2009 and since I purchase it there has been talk about 2.0, SSL on the other hand seems to evolved with the times, while ITCH the same place.
Dont get me wrong I am quite happy with my NS7, however every DJ software seems to be getting a major face lift and a total overhall on features.Come on SERATO.
DJ Cs 10:14 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
yes, I have never had a drop out ever on any version since I started using the V7s.

Version 1.7 was solid and I suppose you could say that 1.71 is even moreso (although I was having no issues).

I don't run Itch at the lowest level latency and I keep the screen refresh between max and sometimes drop it down. But this isn't because I"m trouble shooting. I just try to keep the strain on computer manageable (with the idea that I'll be sharing CPU resources with Ableton soon via The Bridge.

I recorded a set with live the other night while Itch was running in the foreground. Perfect - no issues at all.

Works great for me.

That's awesome. Maybe think about tweaking it a little more, like raising latency and screen refresh, but didn't think it was a big issue on the Mac. Could explain the drop outs.

Something that is also bugging me: I'm considered very technical due to my full-time job, so many DJ friends ask me for opinions on their Serato/VDJ/Torq setups.

I have recommended that they try ITCH after using SSL with the upgrade to 1.7.x and the outstanding Numark controllers (which really won many over), only to have it come back to bite me with USB dropouts, non-timely updates,etc.

I am VERY hesitant to recommend anyone away to ITCH from ANY other platform because of this one nagging issue. Even if they want the Numark controller, I have to tell them to go to VDJ to retain the features they are used to in even SSL.

Anyway.....
@Big pops: I think now after reading many unhappy posts from many of the vocal users, plus being asked this at NAMM, will get across that it's an anchor to some...and I stress (some) users. we are finally getting little leaks, tweets, official reps saying we are coming out with those things.

Alls good...with a little MORE waiting I guess.
Big Pops 10:17 PM - 17 January, 2011
Well I guess all the post by ITCH users sure would give SERATO a wake up call and make them work even harder for a release of 2.0
Rob Pointer 10:18 PM - 17 January, 2011
I should note that I'm using the fastest i7 processor on Mac OS X with 8 GB ram.

I don't play. lol

All it takes is one or two audio issues while playing in front of a few hundred or 1000 people and I don't even bother with minimum specs. I can live with paying a premium for the fastest laptop - I can't live with looking like a twat up there with audio issues. lol

So maybe that's why I don't have issues.
DJ Cs 10:25 PM - 17 January, 2011
Quote:
I should note that I'm using the fastest i7 processor on Mac OS X with 8 GB ram.

I don't play. lol

All it takes is one or two audio issues while playing in front of a few hundred or 1000 people and I don't even bother with minimum specs. I can live with paying a premium for the fastest laptop - I can't live with looking like a twat up there with audio issues. lol

So maybe that's why I don't have issues.

Wow, i7, that is one fast processor and on a Mac to boot.

I totally agree. It only takes ONE (1) major dropout at a live gig to let you know you better rethink the upgrade path for me.

Even though it was tested for hours on the same machine before, I got one or two dropouts, but thought those were anomalies, as other sessions were solid.

A friend playing out at a club even upgraded and had to drop back after USB drop outs in front of an audience. Thankfully most of them were like 2 seconds or so, but happened frequent enough that he won't budge off of 1.3 (i think that the earlier version).
Rob Pointer 10:42 PM - 17 January, 2011
I learned my lesson with the firewire interface using Final Scratch (aka Stanton, before the application merger with NI).

That sh*t was a nightmare - and buggy too. lol. TSP and Itch are solid. I've never used SSL, but I don't use control media anymore. Keepin' it REAL simple. ;)
DJ dVO 6:22 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
It could be worse. Serato could be like Apple and dont' say anything until the day it is released.

Maybe they need to do that in order to stop and bitching and complaining. :)
DJ Cs 3:24 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they need to do that in order to stop and bitching and complaining. :)

That will only increase it.

So stop your bitching and complaining about the ones bitching and complaining.
DJ Urkel Dee 3:34 AM - 19 January, 2011