Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Just got my Vestax and cant get it to work :(

DJCheLu 9:50 AM - 18 September, 2008
Im using a dell inspiron 6400 with windows xp, i also own SL1 and a 57SL and have not run into any problems with either.

I installed the 1.0.3 version itch from the downloads section of this forum, then plugged in the vestax into my laptop and it recognized it and installed it. I open itch and all i can get is hardware disconnected. I have tried all my usb ports and also tried opening and reopening itch and always say hardware disconnected.

The VCI show power and lights up and the data led lights up when touching anything, itch just wont recognize it.

Suggestions???
Clozee 2:34 PM - 18 September, 2008
Maybe, try a reboot or read the manual, maybe you forgot something to install/configure.
In Itch check the configurations parameters, to check anything of your vci-300.
DJCheLu 3:17 PM - 18 September, 2008
I tried the reboot a few times, went over the manual and i installed everything correctly according to it. Hmmmmmm
Clozee 3:27 PM - 18 September, 2008
Check your device manager in windows xp and see your vestax vci-300 is connected and recognized.
Try to contact vestax and serato for tips
Clozee 4:16 PM - 18 September, 2008
And don't forget to plug in your power of your laptop, do not run itch without power adapter of your laptop. Because when you u unplug the power adapter, cpu of your laptop and memory speed will automatically will be clocked down.
Also when the power cord isn't connected maybe USB doesn't get as much power as when the power adapter is connected.
Serato
Pene 12:12 AM - 19 September, 2008
Since you have it, can you assign the VCI300 midi controls in Scratch LIVE?
Or alternatively, does the VCI300 work with other MIDI software? (Try using MIDI OX: www.midiox.com )
This will help to narrow down whether the problem is with ITCH or with your system setup :)

you might also want to have a look at this thread where we had a similar problem:
serato.com
DJCheLu 3:24 AM - 20 September, 2008
Found the problem.... Something i would have never in a million years figured out.

www1.serato.com

(Pasted from another forum)
"I purchased a Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks Deluxe, and after I installed
the Logitech Software/Drivers, our firmware update utility could no longer
communicate with our hardware via the built-in USB Audio Driver.
Although our product appears as a "USB Audio Device" and the various
"Properties" dialogs all report that the device is installed and working
properly, the MIDI ports of our hardware are not available in the
Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices-> AUDIO tab-> MIDI music playback
default device drop-down.
As soon as the logitech drivers are uninstalled, our hardwares MIDI ports
magically appear in this drop-down."

I deleted my logitech quick cam stuff and it reads the vestax no problem now. Now i have to figure out why half my itunes songs are not showing up in itch lol.
DeezNotes 3:52 PM - 20 September, 2008
That Logitech issue is beyond weird.