DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Live 9 is announced. Tell us what is going on with "The Bridge."

XRM5 5:29 PM - 25 October, 2012
Serato DJ is announced.

Live 9 is announced.

There is no reason whatsoever not to explain what the future roadmap for The Bridge is now. So let's hear it!
REDSELECTER 5:58 PM - 25 October, 2012
+800
admiraljonesy 12:19 AM - 26 October, 2012
www.ableton.com

They updated the page, but not the info.

IT says it should be working on 8.2 Ableton and up, but as far as I know that's a lie.

The FAQ still talks about ITCH hardware for recording, so I'm still pissed off.

HOWEVER, they are making Ableton 9 in 32 and 64 bit, so in theory it is not dead entirely.

BUT WE NEED ANSWERS!
admiraljonesy 12:28 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
IT says it should be working on 8.2 Ableton and up, but as far as I know that's a lie.

Scratch that, I though I heard something about Ableton going 64 bit only in 8.4.
phatbob 12:34 AM - 26 October, 2012
It's advertised as being part of Live 9 in the feature list, with no reference to 32 or 64 bit compatibility. So I'm sure we'll be hearing something about it soon.
admiraljonesy 12:38 AM - 26 October, 2012
Well, I'll be damned. I thought I scoured that site for any trace of The Bridge. I had to find the page I first linked by Google-ing.
phatbob 12:41 AM - 26 October, 2012
Brian J 2:35 AM - 26 October, 2012
Sorry to break the party here.. Live 9 is a 64bit only application. Forget the bridge, It's dead! And it ain't coming back.,
Brian J 2:37 AM - 26 October, 2012
Check out other threads in this forum.. I posted actual proof..
XRM5 2:39 AM - 26 October, 2012
Can 64 & 32-bit apps not communicate via rewire and other protocols? Is it an automatic deal-breaker?

I'm waiting for someone from Serato to chime in, someday, before I give up.

Anybody there? Simple yes/no question here...
admiraljonesy 3:16 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Sorry to break the party here.. Live 9 is a 64bit only application. Forget the bridge, It's dead! And it ain't coming back.,

www.ableton.com

Updated Today: "When is Live 9 coming out? Can I already upgrade to Live 9?"

"Live 9 will be released and downloadable in the first quarter of 2013. It will come with 32 bits and 64 bits installers."
Brian J 6:51 AM - 26 October, 2012
Oh well they changed their mind I guess..
Brian J 6:59 AM - 26 October, 2012
But why Serato is acting all shady and mysterious about the bridge? "Not available at the moment" and "it is what it is" come to mind.. I think they let it go for some reason we can't see.. I guess "it is what it is" really..

Bummer
djlayz666 9:37 PM - 26 October, 2012
In the feature comparison section on abletons site under key features it says this

Serato Scratch Live integration The Bridge - DJ in Serato Scratch Live with a synced Ableton Live set. Edit your Serato Scratch Live mixes in Ableton Live.

So im guessing it will work
XRM5 12:10 AM - 27 October, 2012
But the big question has always been whether they'd make good on the promise to bring it to Itch.

Earlier this year Serato DJ and Live 9 were both secrets, so I could see them not wanting to talk about plans. But now it's time.
Trinicapone 10:53 PM - 27 October, 2012
See this makes me happy with Bridge!
admiraljonesy 4:42 AM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:

...what? What makes you happy about The Bridge?
Trinicapone 9:49 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

...what? What makes you happy about The Bridge?

Think about it there was nothing being said about Ableton for yrs and now theres Ableton 9
Move forward The Bridge fade to gray not black. Serato stated no 64 bit support now Live 9 does 32 and 64 bit any question?
XRM5 1:21 AM - 29 October, 2012
Fade to Grey...one of my favorite Live FX presets.
admiraljonesy 1:43 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Think about it there was nothing being said about Ableton for yrs and now theres Ableton 9
Move forward The Bridge fade to gray not black. Serato stated no 64 bit support now Live 9 does 32 and 64 bit any question?

Sorry, that was blinded to me under the issue that this thread is about, Serato DJ and The Bridge. I couldn't imagine anyone being happy about The Bridge with us ITCH users being in the dark for 2 years AND still being in the dark now with Serato DJ leaving us no definitive death of Bridge/DJ/ITCH support.

I mean, I assume it's dead for ITCH, just nobody from Serato has confirmed it.
Trinicapone 3:28 AM - 29 October, 2012
I'm quite sure it's gonna come out for itch! Serato DJ have a controller like an S4 maybe even better. Then the release of Live 9 just in time for NAMM 2013. The marketing stragity is transparent. Made everyone mad to make them happy to spend. Think about it
admiraljonesy 6:32 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm quite sure it's gonna come out for itch! Serato DJ have a controller like an S4 maybe even better. Then the release of Live 9 just in time for NAMM 2013. The marketing stragity is transparent. Made everyone mad to make them happy to spend. Think about it

Man, that was a trainwreck of a post. Lets break it down.

1. No, it really isn't going to come out for ITCH. 2.2 is confirmed to be the last update for ITCH with all new bug testing or feedback going to assist Serato DJ. I assume it's dead because it is highly unlikely that they will add a new patch with The Bridge after saying "This was the last patch".

2. What does Live 9, its unconfirmed release date and NAMM '13 have to do about this? I could see some kind of S4 + Push combo used to demonstrate The Bridge if they went as far as a brand revival, but The Bridge is not a big enough commercial feature to push any NAMM '13 hype unless Serato and Ableton are planning some kind of secret Ableton/Serato DJ lovechild controller.

3. "Made everyone mad to make them happy to spend?" Why in the world would Serato want to piss off fans with 2 years of waiting in an industry where their DJ/Producers can jump ship to NI & Traktor if they get fed up? I don't intend to buy anything if The Bridge is released EXCEPT Abelton 9, and The Bridge wouldn't even be the encouraging factor for that anymore. I own Ableton, a APC 40 and a NS7. I put down this money expecting this, and I don't need to spend more. The Bridge is a feature I already paid for as far as this goes and the only reason I don't jump ship to Native Instruments is because I'm holding out for them to confirm it is dead so I can claim my returns on hardware dealers with false advertisement.
phatbob 7:57 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm holding out for them to confirm it is dead so I can claim my returns on hardware dealers with false advertisement.

Awesome.

So the gear is all in the box unused after all this time, and you can prove definitively that you only purchased it all in order to use the Bridge...

Do let us know how that goes, won't you.
XRM5 7:40 PM - 29 October, 2012
If you don't have anything useful to say phatbob,.....
Dj Ace 6:43 AM - 30 October, 2012
nice the bridge is listed as a feature in ableton live 9...so hell yeah its not DEAD!!! Whooo Hooo
Brian J 1:04 PM - 30 October, 2012
So if the bridge for SSL ain't dead and ableton 9 supports both 32/64 bit app, why serato people are acting all shady??!

" Not available at the moment"

That's all they've got to say to us...? After all the broken promises and a 2 years long wait? A simple "we are working on it, please be patient a little longer" would go a long way!
Trinicapone 2:43 PM - 30 October, 2012
It was G-4 classified. Besides Native Instruments been playing their hand all year. NI had dudes almost including me jumping over to their product. This might be big considering everyone wants the DJ/Producer environment
djcrap 9:33 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
So if the bridge for SSL ain't dead and ableton 9 supports both 32/64 bit app, why serato people are acting all shady??!

" Not available at the moment"

That's all they've got to say to us...? After all the broken promises and a 2 years long wait? A simple "we are working on it, please be patient a little longer" would go a long way!

well that's because the original modes who programmed the original code for it were all fired!!!! hahahahahahaha lmao
admiraljonesy 3:39 AM - 1 November, 2012
And now the Serato DJ page has zero mention of The Bridge with the release update....

Great...
admiraljonesy 3:24 PM - 2 November, 2012
Nevermind any more. We got the FAQ section back.
Brian J 5:59 PM - 2 November, 2012
lol I noticed that too.. What kind of dumb statement is that anyway? "currently not available"

Really?! No Shhh.. Serato please! Tell me something i don't already know!

We need to make MORE noise and force their hand to make at least a statement.. we are too few.. I'm thinking to start a petition.
SeanDiamond 2:29 PM - 5 November, 2012
Bridge with Serato DJ and with Ableton 9 are really important for me to continue using Serato. If not, the ability to sync Ableton to Traktor will pull me towards NI.
The Funky Bunch 1:48 AM - 4 March, 2013
If I had a nickel every time somebody threatened to switch to NI... I'd buy me an S4!

Actually, despite its shortcomings, the bridge is really f'ing cool. With that said, an update would be nice.
Trinicapone 1:55 AM - 4 March, 2013
Just bought Live 9 this weekend. Not for the bridge but because I like Ableton. I hope/wish something comes up for the bridge. When it release on Tueday I will see how the bridge behave then. I was looking into Traktor but I have Ableton so no need lmfaooooooo
DJ Young Cee 3:11 PM - 5 March, 2013
I just got live 9 and tried to open my serato and it was good I havent used it at the vlub yet but so far I can use bridge I hope everyone else has the same out come i had
Code:E 1:45 AM - 6 March, 2013
Quote:
I just got live 9 and tried to open my serato and it was good I havent used it at the vlub yet but so far I can use bridge I hope everyone else has the same out come i had

Ableton is talking to long to download I'm waiting until tomorrow.
Trinicapone 1:52 AM - 6 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I had that problem this morning! My boy too. The server was flooded but I got thru just gotta do my laptop and I'm done!
DJ Young Cee 6:13 AM - 6 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I had that problem this morning! My boy too. The server was flooded but I got thru just gotta do my laptop and I'm done!

I would tell you to check again because there site is working now and I have been using bridge for a few hours and so far no crashes so we will see hope it works for you
DJZeeM 2:15 AM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would tell you to check again because there site is working now and I have been using bridge for a few hours and so far no crashes so we will see hope it works for you

I can't activate my bridge. i have Ableton Live 9 Suite and SSL. this is what I need right? someone please help!
Trinicapone 2:12 PM - 28 August, 2013
Did you go in preferences and activate it
DJZeeM 5:19 PM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
Did you go in preferences and activate it

In serato? It doesn't show up in my setup window at all
Trinicapone 5:30 PM - 28 August, 2013
What version of Serato are u running and what is your set up
DJZeeM 5:57 PM - 28 August, 2013
I tried serato 2.5 and also 2.2.1(I think). Using an SL1.

Side question: would it work without the SL1 plugged in?
Trinicapone 6:20 PM - 28 August, 2013
No
DJZeeM 8:28 PM - 28 August, 2013
Any suggestions on how to get it working?
WarpNote 11:04 PM - 28 August, 2013
Did you install the 32 bit version?
DJZeeM 11:12 PM - 28 August, 2013
I'm using a Mac I think it's the 64-bit version but how can I tell? And if it is 64 bit how do I get 32 bit?
WarpNote 11:20 PM - 28 August, 2013
I'm still on Live 8,
but Ive noticed the trial lets you chose between 32 bit and 64 for Live 9.
www.ableton.com
As SSL is 32 bit, I assume you would need to run Live 9 as 32 bit aswell...
DJZeeM 11:27 PM - 28 August, 2013
So how do I get it to 32 bit now if I have the 64 bit version?
WarpNote 10:40 AM - 29 August, 2013
Probably deinstall 64 bit and install 32?
As I said, I'm still running Live 8....
Dj Nyce 12:57 AM - 30 August, 2013
live 9 works perfectly fine with ssl. you just have to use the 32 bit version. when you download you have the option of the 32 and 64 bit. the only reason to use the 64 bit is if you want to use more than 8gb of ram with virtual instruments or you want to rewire with a 64 bit host.

the way to tell if you have the 64 bit or 32 bit version is right-click on the app and click get info. under General>Kind it will say Application (32-Bit) or APplication (64-bit).
DJZeeM 3:35 AM - 30 August, 2013
Mine says:

general > kind > Application (intel)
boabmatic 1:04 PM - 25 September, 2013
when you run Ableton the grey square that pops up while loading will state if its 32 or 64 bit version.

You can install both 32 and 64 bit versions on the same laptop, just install to another directory or rename the current one before installing the other version.