DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane SLC1 - ScratchLIVE Professional Controller Solution

[O/][iii][O/] 2:57 PM - 13 January, 2011
[O/][iii][O/] 3:00 PM - 13 January, 2011
Oh, and it has dual USB ports! :-)
Dj BuddyLove 3:01 PM - 13 January, 2011
lol not so good photoshop
[O/][iii][O/] 3:02 PM - 13 January, 2011
Dream with me guys!
Dj BuddyLove 3:04 PM - 13 January, 2011
i think rane/serato would have done something alot better

more knobs / faders & lights :)
[O/][iii][O/] 3:05 PM - 13 January, 2011
Sounds good to me, as long as it's Rane!
farrell 3:17 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Dream with me guys!

true dat.
[O/][iii][O/] 4:43 PM - 13 January, 2011
To much work to do for this chop, but durable, fast response, true metal buttons vs. sluggish, gummy rubber ones (that always seem to wear away after time) is something else I'd expect from Rane if/when they finally decide to offer a controller.
farrell 5:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
After today I will know what direction to take.
AN!M4T0R 6:28 PM - 13 January, 2011
This is a ns6 just shooped a little
[O/][iii][O/] 6:30 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:

^^^ Sherlock Holmes lol
SiRocket 6:30 PM - 13 January, 2011
lol
AN!M4T0R 7:18 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

^^^ Sherlock Holmes lol

it took a bit of investigating but I got to the bottom of it
[O/][iii][O/] 7:21 PM - 13 January, 2011
Now all we need is for RANE to be as responsive to the market's needs/desires and proactive in finally quenching our thirst for a real professional tool. There are enough toys out there already for the punters. Build it and they will come.
[O/][iii][O/] 7:22 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Now all we need is for RANE to be as responsive to the market's needs/desires and proactive in finally quenching our thirst for a real professional tool. There are enough toys out there already for the punters. Build it and they will come.

DJ Dub (DC's Own) 8:09 PM - 13 January, 2011
Now that's what I'm talkin about!
mkdva 5:42 PM - 28 January, 2011
So what do you guys want more: Empath SL or Rane ScratchLive controller?
Audio1 5:44 PM - 28 January, 2011
you had to make it all rotaries. LOL
Audio1 5:45 PM - 28 January, 2011
freaking house DJ's LOL
Naw, Actually I don't mind the rotaries, though I do flip volume f
lip volume faders a lot during the mix.
Audio1 5:47 PM - 28 January, 2011
I forgot what mixer had it but back in the late 90s/early 2000s, It must have been a numark mixer that has some punch in buttons, that would allow for sound on that channel to play while the button was held down. It made for some coold trick mixes when volumes were down and you would push the buttons on both sides of the fader.

Might be something nice to add to your dream design, esp. since there are no up/down faders.
mkdva 6:03 PM - 28 January, 2011
My Numark from the 90's had (if I can remember) beatblend on crossfader. No need for EQ's when this was activated. Never saw anything like this on any other mixer. It was a cool feature.
Audio1 6:07 PM - 28 January, 2011
On some numarks, they were called "transform" buttons, as you cna click on em with your finger tips to give a "transform" type effect on the deck.
sacrilicious 6:15 PM - 28 January, 2011
Quote:
On some numarks, they were called "transform" buttons, as you cna click on em with your finger tips to give a "transform" type effect on the deck.

Yeah that's what I was thinking from your other post. My shitty old Numark 1002x had that.
Audio1 6:17 PM - 28 January, 2011
Ahhh, The good ol days of creative mixing, pre-serato & pre-tabletop CDJ. LOL
sacrilicious 6:18 PM - 28 January, 2011
^ It also had pretty cool EQing with the push buttons and rotaries, though neither gave a 100% kill so you had to use both haha
[O/][iii][O/] 8:11 PM - 29 January, 2011
Yeah, instant kill switches per channel would be good, but the rotary faders must stay. They are so smooth and buttery. Hard to go back to up/down linear fader mixers after playing on proper rotaries for so many years. It's feeling (just like house is).
[O/][iii][O/] 8:30 PM - 29 January, 2011
Quote:

Both are extremely desired, but I'd say a Rane SSL Controller would be my vote if needing to choose. A Rane Itch controller would work too IF/WHEN Itch ever looks, feels like, performs, etc. like SL. I hate bouncing between the two environments. NI has the right idea keeping the GUI and features consistent regardless of what hardware is controlling the software.
DJ Deebar 9:26 PM - 29 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Both are extremely desired, but I'd say a Rane SSL Controller would be my vote if needing to choose. A Rane Itch controller would work too IF/WHEN Itch ever looks, feels like, performs, etc. like SL. I hate bouncing between the two environments. NI has the right idea keeping the GUI and features consistent regardless of what hardware is controlling the software.

I Agree with you on his one.. But i'll prefer having the Rane SSL Controller.. that would be a nice setup.. Can't wait for it!!!!
[O/][iii][O/] 10:04 PM - 29 January, 2011
PS: Hey Rane - and I really don't care what it costs, I just want it be professional and correct. So sick and tired of all these little toys for little boys being thrown at us and labeled as "solutions" when they're really not. The home/hobbyist cats are covered, now is the time (actually it was a long time ago) for a true tool to eclipse the TT and CD. Make it happen. Build it and they will come. My cash is ready and waiting.
mkdva 11:17 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I Agree with you on his one.. But i'll prefer having the Rane SSL Controller.. that would be a nice setup.. Can't wait for it!!!!

Must be definitely for SSL with rotary option.