DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DMC Online DJ Championships

iNBiTuiN 6:46 PM - 17 December, 2010
From Sally's FB post...

DMC TO LAUNCH ONLINE DJ CHAMPIONSHIP
For immediate release
Friday 17th December

DMC, pioneers of the WORLD DJ CHAMPIONSHIPS, have announced a brand new online competition which will be open to DJs anywhere in the world at www.dmcdjonline.com

DMC launches the ONLINE DJ CHAMPIONSHIP on 1st February 2011, an annual event which promises to secure the art of the DJ for years to come placing it before a global audience and opening the DMC competition up to every DJ in the world.

As well as the impressive title, trophy and prizes, The 2011 DMC ONLINE DJ CHAMPION will win an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 WORLD DJ CHAMPIONSHIPS in London where they will be eligible to enter the live event taking on the rest of the world’s national DJ Champions on stage.

There will be no limitations on the equipment the DJs wish to use in their performances, however should they win the ONLINE DJ CHAMPIONSHIP they will be required to abide by the equipment stipulations of the live DMC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (which for the first time will allow DVS ) in the September/October Final.

The basic dynamics of the DMC ONLINE DJ CHAMPIONSHIP will commence with contestants uploading their filmed two minute performance followed by public voting which will deliver monthly winners. The public’s short list will then be judged by DMC World DJ Champions who will put 5 DJs each month through to the finals.

In the August Finals, the 25 DJs still standing will be required to perform a full 6 minute set with public voting leading to the ten most popular who will then be judged by former DMC WORLD DJ CHAMPIONS .

The world’s most creative DJs are now preparing to take part in the biggest DJ Championships in the world!

Tony Prince, DMC’s founder explains:
“Even though we attract over 30 nations to enter the DMC’s each year, we are painfully aware that lots of wannabe DMC World Champions live in countries where we have no representation. Having recently changed the rules to allow

DVS (Digital Vinyl Systems) into the live event, we are aware that this will open the door to DJs in places where vinyl by-passed them in clubland in favour of CD”.

Sally McLintock, DMC’s Events Manager announced:
“DMC has always responded to the DJs which is why we’re now entering our 27th year. The Online Championships is set to be the biggest online DJ creative journey the world has yet witnessed. There are no limitations on equipment and because of this we can enter into a creative expansion with the DJs who can finally use any equipment they like whilst they may enter a pure vinyl turntablist set if they wish. A truly exciting time for DMC and the DJ!

THE DJ WORLD’S GREATEST CREATIVE JOURNEY IS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE!

WWW.DMCDJONLINE.COM
Rane, Support
Chad S. 8:10 PM - 17 December, 2010
Sweet, that will open a lot of doors for people who have had nothing better to do than sit around and Scratch for days. I expect the level to be taken to a much higher level in the coming years.
djdalite 10:20 PM - 17 December, 2010
this what the dmc needed, hopefully this will showcase a lot of talent that has yet to be seen and further improve dvs while at the same time upping the game of dvs
Mr Jimdobalina 12:42 AM - 18 December, 2010
Awwwww shit!!!!!

Tomorrow, i begin my training!!!
Sureshot (PA) 4:53 AM - 18 December, 2010
i thought the internet was for fake djs?
J0be 2:54 PM - 18 December, 2010
no, that's just this forum! ;-)
iNBiTuiN 6:24 PM - 16 January, 2011
There's some info out during NAMM already and just wait 2 more weeks for the launch. I might post the info we got from Sally DMC later on.
iNBiTuiN 3:57 AM - 31 January, 2011
Promo video

Watchwww.youtube.com
As-One 4:32 AM - 6 May, 2011
Im entered in round 5! Help me out by voting! www.dmcdjonline.com
O.B.1 9:11 AM - 6 May, 2011
Glad to see this! Hope it doesn't turn into a button pushing frenzy...
(though a little bit is OK with me, not that I count for anything)
Logisticalstyles 2:00 PM - 23 May, 2011
I entered Round 6 at the last minute. I need some votes! Thanks in advance.

www.dmcdjonline.com
BattleFunk 2:08 PM - 23 May, 2011
motion sickness...
Logisticalstyles 4:34 PM - 23 May, 2011
I know, I know, but it's only 2 minutes. I had to tape the camera to a post connected to the table which was pretty wobbly. My kids would not have been any better of a cameraman, and my wife was not trying to stick around for all of that scratching.
_Stuart 7:15 PM - 24 May, 2011
nice, are you dj'ing during an earthquake ??
Tocayo 3:04 PM - 2 June, 2011
SpareChange 4:23 AM - 1 July, 2011
I jumped in this one late, any votes would be appreciated..thanks

www.dmcdjonline.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:11 AM - 3 July, 2011
yo sparechange that was some deadly stuff, really enjoyed that
got2b Ru 1:34 AM - 3 July, 2011
sparechange! you shoulda brought that to Uncle Fester lol! Cuts were SUPER tight and got your head right @1:38-2:00! WELL DONE!!!
O.B.1 1:44 AM - 3 July, 2011
sparechange has got my vote,
ill $#!+
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:52 AM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:

www.dmcdjonline.com

Now THAT'S what was expected of you in that Crane Blood Bath for a final vid...

Not you concentrating on me.... :-D.

Never let your "opponent" get in your head....

and I wasn't even in the competition....
jwagner 3:42 AM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:

www.dmcdjonline.com

dirty
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:32 AM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:

www.dmcdjonline.com

Nice work yo.

Some of those vids were brutal to the ears. Can't believe some actually submitted what they did.
SpareChange 6:24 PM - 4 July, 2011
Thanks for the feedback, as far as the Crane battle I agree I should have done something more traditional but I just wanted to experiment a little and bring something different to the table each round...I know that last routine wasn't the most entertaining but honestly it was the most difficult one for me personally out of all the ones I posted for that battle..

I never did get that stand though, I wonder if Construct ever got his prizes
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:02 PM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:

I never did get that stand though, I wonder if Construct ever got his prizes

Oh snap...

Really?
Dj Wunder 6:46 AM - 5 July, 2011
Quote:

www.dmcdjonline.com

Wow thank you for that. I had stopped watching the online competition after a barrage of wackness. I may not have all the skills to be entering any competitions soon but I can definitely spot a DMC competitor and that's it!
Dj Wunder 6:49 AM - 5 July, 2011
Quote:
Tight!
Watchwww.youtube.com

Also dope