Serato DJ Pro General Discussion
what is "1 to 1" mapping
Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware
what is "1 to 1" mapping
kraal
5:30 PM - 30 October, 2010
ok i just thought i would post this a lot of people have a mis conception that "1 to 1" mapping has to do with the amount of buttons on the controller. But that is not 100% true --- what it does mean is the controller being "1" is mapped to the software also being "1"
"to" means communication.
not one button for one feature
"Setting up a MIDI controller with bundled software can be a complicated process. Serato decided to remove this setup process with built-in configuration for ITCH hardware in what we call “one to one mapping”."
"to" means communication.
not one button for one feature
"Setting up a MIDI controller with bundled software can be a complicated process. Serato decided to remove this setup process with built-in configuration for ITCH hardware in what we call “one to one mapping”."
Dj Fitty
6:02 PM - 30 October, 2010
so do you think they will add features that will share buttons or do you think new hardware will always be apart of features
dj ask
6:06 PM - 30 October, 2010
kraal have u even used another dj app and seen what their mapping options are?
my friend u have no idea if you want to talk about this. why?
because other dj apps without mentioning names, ARE already pre configured like itch to a WIDE arrange of controller, and to top it off their user communities create and distribute FREELY new mapping according to new ideas and suggestions. to finish it up you can configure anything to your own liking if perhaps you think that a certain button could be more useful to YOUR needs if it triggered something different than it does.
I think u should let these kind of statements to Serato.
my friend u have no idea if you want to talk about this. why?
because other dj apps without mentioning names, ARE already pre configured like itch to a WIDE arrange of controller, and to top it off their user communities create and distribute FREELY new mapping according to new ideas and suggestions. to finish it up you can configure anything to your own liking if perhaps you think that a certain button could be more useful to YOUR needs if it triggered something different than it does.
I think u should let these kind of statements to Serato.
kraal
6:07 PM - 30 October, 2010
i think the need of hardware was due to a need for effects controller. i still think they may need to add more 4 deck controllers but other than that i am sure features can be added without always needing new controller per feature --- you just will not be able to configure it 'how you like'
kraal
6:08 PM - 30 October, 2010
I think u should let these kind of statements to Serato.
the quote in my statement IS DIRECTLY FROM SERATO
Quote:
I think u should let these kind of statements to Serato.
the quote in my statement IS DIRECTLY FROM SERATO
dj ask
6:16 PM - 30 October, 2010
serato is more full of shit as I look more into their site. it sucks. :/ why would they advertise themselves like "serato decided" that is so dumb because other apps have been doing exactly that for way longer than serato.
"Setting up a MIDI controller with bundled software can be a complicated process. Serato decided to remove this setup process with built-in configuration for ITCH hardware in what we call “one to one mapping”."
THAT IS TOTAL BULL! they create a problem and then offer a solution. typical bullshit!
the thing is that they use key words like "can" be complicated to cover their tracks.
oh and if I read correctly on some thread you were arguing with people that 1 on 1 meant that anything that u wanted to do in the software had to have a hardware counterpart. seems like the whole 1 on 1 morphed no?
"Setting up a MIDI controller with bundled software can be a complicated process. Serato decided to remove this setup process with built-in configuration for ITCH hardware in what we call “one to one mapping”."
THAT IS TOTAL BULL! they create a problem and then offer a solution. typical bullshit!
the thing is that they use key words like "can" be complicated to cover their tracks.
oh and if I read correctly on some thread you were arguing with people that 1 on 1 meant that anything that u wanted to do in the software had to have a hardware counterpart. seems like the whole 1 on 1 morphed no?
kraal
7:13 PM - 30 October, 2010
Ok I am done with all this negative crap. Ok you don't like itch cool how many more post do you need to post that on. You complaints do not help move itch forward. You just sound like u are whining for the sake of whinning. I know I am opening up for more name calling towards me but honestly I don't care I like it itch. Itch works for me. That's why I use it and post about what it can do not what it cant
dj ask
7:18 PM - 30 October, 2010
no u are definitely not opening anything up for name calling anything.
Dj Fitty
7:25 PM - 30 October, 2010
Kraal you like the scratching performance. I bet if that VCI could perform well on other software you would jump. You bought into this because of the controller and I know it. You dont like Itch any more than I do. but it works and you probably use to dream of scratching with a controller and wouldnt give that up for anything and thats y you come to Itch defense every single time
kraal
8:03 PM - 30 October, 2010
Hmmmm. You have a point but also that is that point of itch right? If itch didn't have the controllers would I be here? No. But it does. And quite honestly I like itch. Vdj and numark idx scratch just fine but I remove them from one of my spots to hook up my vci-300 and vfx. So seeing itch is a whole package. To say I dislike itch I wrong.
kraal
8:05 PM - 30 October, 2010
But back to 1 to 1 mapping. Is the complaints about this going to be directed to traktor and the s4 ?
Dj Fitty
8:10 PM - 30 October, 2010
dont know yet, Traktor is pretty intense when it comes to mapping and it all depends on there software upgrades making you have to buy extra equipment or not. Hope they dont follow Serato lead on this.
To participate in this forum discussion please log in to your Serato account.