DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Midi Deck Control for ScratchLive (Not a Request. HOW TO Inside!)

radikarl 8:58 AM - 6 October, 2010
Copy these four Lines into your Midi Preset.
Quote:

<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="89" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="76" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="89" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="9" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="76" />

Save and close.

Open SSL
Reload that preset in SSLs Setup Screen.

Then make your Hardware send the corresponding values with Bomes Midi Translator or something similar, or if your hardware is configurable, configure directly.

Maybe you can try what happens if you change the values in the XML so they match your Hardware. (Did not try that part).
For simplicity i just used the ones i found in the XML for my VIDEO PROOF: Watchwww.youtube.com (German, and hardware not really suitable)

To explain the code:
Midi Channel 8 is for left Deck, midi channel 9 for right deck
Note 89 is for "touching the platter" on either side, the platter is considered touched if a "Note on" with value >= 64 is sent.
The platter is considered released when a "note off" with value <= 63 is sent.
For the Movement: while the platter is allready touched, the platter must send CC 76 on the corresponding channel , where sending of values between 0 and 63 is backwards movement and 64 to 127 is forward movement
(waveforms move as long as something is sent. value determines speed and direction of movement)

Originally posted in this german thread:
www.serato.com

Inspired by Stanton's SCS3d Preset (Source: forums.stantondj.com ) for Scratch Live. Thats where the Code comes from.
All i did is copy the right lines of code.

Enjoy and maybe report back if it works for you.
radikarl 6:22 PM - 6 October, 2010
Update: You can put any channel and any Note / CC in the Code. just make sure you use "note on" messages for touching and "Control change" messages for Motion
radikarl 4:00 PM - 7 October, 2010
Update 2:
you should use a third line of code for each deck to enable switching between scratch mode and jog mode, and assign a button to it:
Quote:

<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="4" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="4" key="ctrl" />

As soon as you hit the button mapped to this, (in my example Channel 8 Note 4 for Left Deck)
behaviour changes, and the touching of the platter is ingored. Instead, you can now pitch-pend with your Platters.

This is also interesting for people who's hardware has no touch sensitive platters:
switch to jog mode and at least use your platter to pitch bend the track

Now Overall, apart from your normally mapped controls, your Midi Config XML should contain something like this:
Quote:

<midi>
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="4" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="89" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="76" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="4" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="89" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="9" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="76" />

(FOLLOWED BY YOUR REGULAR MAPPINGS HERE)

</midi>
Tunecrew 6:29 PM - 7 October, 2010
gonna try this with a VCI-300
n:deuce 8:39 PM - 7 October, 2010
really interested in this topic. good stuff although most is over my head. keep up the good work.
radikarl 9:05 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:

i think you need this to work with the vci 300 due to its proprietary message type ("high resolution platters") ...
www.djtechtools.com
amada32 5:44 PM - 8 October, 2010
Wow. Excellent post radikarl!
radikarl 6:29 PM - 8 October, 2010
To complete the documentation of my efforts:

If anyone happens to know what this line does, please report back:
Quote:

<Platter type="Denon DN-HC4500" />

Well it obviously tells ScratchLive that the Platter type is a Denon, the questions remaining are
- why,
- is it specified for each deck independently,
- and what changes in SSL with that line.

In the preset provided by stanton for the SCS3d, this line was present once as the very first line of configuration, just after the line saying " <midi> ".
I had it in my personal testing preset in the beginning, but then i removed it an it seems that it is not necessary.
Maybe it enables Deck control in the first place, so it might has to be there one time to make all this work.

While this line was still present, i had some issues though:
1.) scratch live did not close properly, instead it hanged, i had to close with CMD ALT ESC (windows users: that is like the apple keystroke for "ctrl alt del")
2.) censor button did not work properly, it was some strange unexpected behavior instead, but only on the left deck (Maybe cause the code fragment was followed by a mapping line for the left deck, so it might would have been the same error for the right deck if that strange line was followed by some mapping for the right deck. - did not test yet...)

now you know all that i know so far.

one last thing: if you get this to work with your hardware, it would be really nice to report back and if you can, upload a video.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
To complete the documentation of my efforts:

If anyone happens to know what this line does, please report back:

Quote:

Well it obviously tells ScratchLive that the Platter type is a Denon, the questions remaining are
- why,
- is it specified for each deck independently,
- and what changes in SSL with that line.

In the preset provided by stanton for the SCS3d, this line was present once as the very first line of configuration, just after the line saying " <midi> ".
I had it in my personal testing preset in the beginning, but then i removed it an it seems that it is not necessary.
Maybe it enables Deck control in the first place, so it might has to be there one time to make all this work.

While this line was still present, i had some issues though:
1.) scratch live did not close properly, instead it hanged, i had to close with CMD ALT ESC (windows users: that is like the apple keystroke for "ctrl alt del")
2.) censor button did not work properly, it was some strange unexpected behavior instead, but only on the left deck (Maybe cause the code fragment was followed by a mapping line for the left deck, so it might would have been the same error for the right deck if that strange line was followed by some mapping for the right deck. - did not test yet...)

now you know all that i know so far.

one last thing: if you get this to work with your hardware, it would be really nice to report back and if you can, upload a video.

just as a guess might that information be important for determineing platter size so it can set the incrimentization of the movment....ie a 10 inch platter and a 12 inch playyer will put the track at different positions due to throw lenght of the movment
amada32 8:01 PM - 8 October, 2010
Now that the cat is sort of out of the bag, I wonder if Serato is going to unlock "platter control" or lock it down even tighter.

I was very close to selling my V7, but radikarl just gave me hope.
J.J. 9:18 PM - 6 November, 2010
Thanks radikarl. You can also do a shift command (hold 1 button down and hit another). I'm wondering if you can use the same command that turns a jog wheel into scratch or pitch bend as a layer modifier for another button?

I have a DENON DN-HC4500 and I use MIDI OX to change the incoming MIDI so I can customize the controller to do what I want. For instance, the Parameter scrolls through the tracks, but when I hold down the Flip button and turn the Parameter knob, it scrolls through the auto loop controls. Since SSL has Native support for the 4500, it still outputs HID to the display and MIDI for the backlit LED buttons.

I will try your jogwheel XML on my new Traktor Kontrol S4. Why doesn't SSL allow for MIDI output for BPM, display and LEDs? Also, in MIDI mode you should be able click on the circle and program any jog wheel. Is Serato keeping this a secret?
inverse 6:50 PM - 7 November, 2010
Maybe SSL will take note, now that T1200s are going away. I realize SSL is for the vinyl enthusiast, but I view it more as the turntable enthusiast. If a platter spits out MIDI data, rather than timecode, even better.

Things are gonna have to change.

I'm looking forward to good future hacks, and the tidal wave of change that could follow.

Nice work.
DJBIGWIZ 7:17 PM - 7 November, 2010
Quote:
Maybe SSL will take note, now that T1200s are going away. I realize SSL is for the vinyl enthusiast, but I view it more as the turntable enthusiast. If a platter spits out MIDI data, rather than timecode, even better.

Things are gonna have to change.

I'm looking forward to good future hacks, and the tidal wave of change that could follow.

Nice work.

Well, T1200's may be going away but Turntables are still here. There are still some great choices out there like the Stanton ST 150's and the STR8 150's.
So I don't things HAVE to change but more options is always a good thing. I have no doubt we will continue to see Serato and Rane elevate the game.
inverse 8:20 PM - 7 November, 2010
Agreed, I use the TTX also. But Im tired of wow & flutter. Its time to move on for me.
DJBIGWIZ 8:42 PM - 7 November, 2010
I also have the TTX 1's and have the same problems with the wow and flutter and even the motor just plain stopping sometimes. I think the features are great but it's just not reliable enough for me.
If you haven't checked out the Stanton STR8-150's though, you should. (if you are looking for a good turntable other than the 1200's)
I had a friend try to hip me to these quite a while back and I slept on 'em for a while. I finally checked them out and wish I wouldn't have been so reluctant to try them.
They are great and come in a straight or S shaped tone arm.
DJ Pimp 11:08 PM - 7 November, 2010
Can't see the video..
radikarl 3:19 PM - 8 November, 2010
News:
The issues mentioned above (hang on shut down and censor behaving strange) are gone on my side.

The Denon line is mandatory.
I was able to delete it from my preset because Scratchlive automatically copies it to AUTOSAVE.xml once you load a preset which contains it.

Other notes:
The Stanton SCS 3d seems to always send 7F for forward and 00 for backward motion,
i consider this very bad, since it is way less fine than it could be.
If i would have put trust in Stanton before, i would be disappointed now.
With a physical Platter, you can do Backspins. Scratchlive is smart.
With the Stanton, you can not, since it does not send motion messages once you stop touching it.

Stanton claims on their forum (see link above) that they plan control for the third Deck (with SL3) too, which to my Knowledge is impossible at the moment. Again. If i would have put trust in Stanton before, i would be disappointed now.

J.J: Maybe you could tell us if you can control the third Deck with your real Denon 4500 and if you can, what is in the XML therefore (instead of Platter Control LEFT)
I'd appreciate that a lot.
This would be interesting for Stanton too, i guess ;-)

DJ Pimp: i will re-enable the Video for you. But it's really just proof of concept.
RogerRabbit 3:24 PM - 8 November, 2010
Quote:
Can't see the video..

Me either... The vid is still private..
radikarl 3:26 PM - 8 November, 2010
i am on a mobile internet connection, and youtube is very slow, just a second ;-)
radikarl 3:27 PM - 8 November, 2010
Try again
RogerRabbit 3:31 PM - 8 November, 2010
Working now...
radikarl 3:35 PM - 8 November, 2010
Quote:
Also, in MIDI mode you should be able click on the circle and program any jog wheel.

You should, i agree, but you are not, to my knowledge. Also, this would be very difficult, since different platters send different things, and it would not be enough for scratchlive to just listen to "what channel, what note". More things are necessary for Deck Control
Such as
- "what part is touching and what part is motion"
- "how is motion sent from the hardware? speed or position data?"
- "how many messages per second?"

Quote:
Is Serato keeping this a secret?

So my guess is yes, but making this official would result in hundreds of help requests for dozens of controllers. So they have a good reason.
inverse 7:57 PM - 9 November, 2010
Could this work with the V7?
radikarl 9:14 PM - 12 November, 2010
i guess not since the V7 has no touch sensitve platter but a permanently moving wheel instead.
i heard of DJ Quartz trying to use the NS7 with traktor, which IIRC resulted in a wobbling sound.
i guess that is since he tried to figure the right speed, which IMHO is nearly impossible to find the perfect data rate so your tracks move at normal speed. and that is not even with a pitch.
Also, i guess the V7 sends position data (absolute data),
since i can not imagine how else it could work that good with itch.
but this right here works with velocity (relative)

but you see, a lot of "i guess"... so who knows?
inverse 6:46 AM - 13 November, 2010
Interesting.

That's a great point. We already loose some timecode stability when using Rel in a club environment.

I really like the idea of the DNS-3700 sending timecode audio via firmware. A solid state type of solution. All inclusive, no CD optic components.
J.J. 4:37 PM - 24 November, 2010
radikarl, do you have the full original DN-HC4500 XML? The one that starts with:

I sold my SL1 to purchase a Sixty-Eight. So I can only use SSL version 2.0.1 or later. Unfortunately, the new versions don't generate the XML code as the older 1.8.1 version did.

I doubt you can control the third or fourth deck as the third deck wasn't even available when they offered Native Support for the DN-HC4500. Maybe if we knew what Serato called the third deck instead of "LEFT".
radikarl 6:09 PM - 24 November, 2010
Hello J.J.
No i don't have the full XML.
I would not know where to get it from. All i have are the lines of code which i found in the stanton preset.
I have read in the Denon Forums that Native Support for the 4500 started with Version 1.8.1
and i also have read in the same post that in 1.8.0., there was the need for a XML file to use the 4500.
Maybe that is where Stanton got the Information from.

What you are saying now, if i understand this correct, is that Version 1.8.1 would generate a XML file on your hard drive once you connect the Denon Device. Is that true? I downloaded that Version, but i do not own neither a 4500, nor a SL-1.
(Only SL3 and TTM57SL). So i can not test if that file gets generated or not...

When you say
Quote:
Maybe if we knew what Serato called the third deck instead of "LEFT"

That is what i was asking for.
But if you own a real 4500 and a sixty eight and it does not work for you, then i doubt that it is possible.
R.A.F.T.S. 1:00 PM - 29 November, 2010
Hi. I have two Xone1D controllers and i was wondering, how can I map the Jog Wheels to pitch bend? (not scratching) I was trying the metod described in the toppic and it didn't worked. I tried to map them to the +/- bending buttons in serato, but that method also failled, because serato see the jog wheel only as a "37" controller. I can't separate turning the jog wheel fwd to bend up and backwards to bend down - when I try to map second button, serato delete mapping for the first button.
Also, I tried with bomes midi translator, but in didn't worked, because in serato you can't choose which Midi device you want to use.
Any idea how to map that buttons? Maybe somebody know, how to separate jog wheel message in xml file? I searched the net to find Xone DX xml mapping files (same jog wheels) but also cant find it :/
Rishi 12:00 PM - 16 December, 2010
Thanks for this info. Really useful
KYLE SMILE 7:20 PM - 16 December, 2010
Guys what is this all about? I have the denon 4500 and have just purchased midi deck also?
radikarl 9:33 PM - 16 December, 2010
there are two Denon devices with "4500" in the name

The one with HID support for ScratchLive is the "Denon Dn-HC 4500"
The other one is a double CD Player only.
radikarl 2:41 PM - 17 December, 2010
Quote:
Thanks for this info. Really useful

wait until you see what i'm gonna do next ;-)
KYLE SMILE 1:47 PM - 18 December, 2010
Ye have the HC, what's the code all about?
radikarl 1:52 PM - 18 December, 2010
Since you have the original HC 4500 just plug it in and enjoy.

The code in this thread is about if you DON'T have a native controller,
but SOME OTHER controller than the HC4500, trying to simulate its Jog Wheels
KYLE SMILE 2:18 PM - 18 December, 2010
Oh, so by using the code you can get the jog wheels to work on other midi controllers that aren't hid?

I only got the hc4500 because of the jog wheel capability.....
radikarl 2:25 PM - 18 December, 2010
in theory yes. but in practice it is not that easy.

it depends on the data rate and on the velocity intervals of the hardware you want to use. i have not heard of anyone successfully using this yet.

but stay tuned, i am preparing something...
radikarl 3:57 PM - 20 December, 2010
i got this working with EKS Otus and EKS XP-5
Watchwww.youtube.com

If people are interested, i can share mapping and Otus / XP-5 Presets.
However, this will not be too easy with other hardware.
The Otus is highly configurable and very flexible, which made this actually possible.
DJBIGWIZ 5:47 PM - 20 December, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

The Otus is highly configurable and very flexible, which made this actually possible.

nice
deepdjdanny 9:38 AM - 21 December, 2010
yep brilliant!
I've been trying this with my DJ-Tech iMix.
I've made pressure sensitive switches under the bottom of each of the platter axles, which engages the scratch function. Translating via Bome's: NoteOns to CC's.
There's still a little 'scratch throw off' problem whereby scratchlive still responds to platter rotation after scratch mode (hand presssure off) has been released. But the concept more or less works.
radikarl 10:21 AM - 21 December, 2010
nice you got it working!

the issue you are facing is probably because you send velocity 7F / 00 which are the codes for fastest motion.
if you had a higher data rate and would send velocity 65 / 63 instead, platter release would probably work much better, since scratchlive must not assume you are spinning crazy fast.
maybe you can try to multiply one message from your controller into multiple "lower velocity " ones with bome. i am not sure if this works though.
geeunot 10:33 AM - 21 December, 2010
this is dope...someone make a mix with this!
radikarl 10:39 AM - 21 December, 2010
i will do one with EKS Otus as soon as i have the time.
KYLE SMILE 11:55 AM - 30 December, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Please please can you share this mapping? I'm just about to purchase the EKS Otus and would love to be able to use it with Serato as well as Traktor.
radikarl 11:57 AM - 30 December, 2010
hey kyle, send me a pm with an email address and i will help you out ;-)
KYLE SMILE 12:00 PM - 30 December, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply!
radikarl 1:05 PM - 30 December, 2010
Quote:
i will do one with EKS Otus as soon as i have the time.

Well i did record something now.

Not a perfect performance... I missed a Cue Point here and there.

But it demonstrates the mapping

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj BuddyLove 5:55 PM - 30 December, 2010
we need a jog wheel hack for these.
www.djkit.com

3.bp.blogspot.com

grrrrrrrr..
radikarl 7:27 PM - 30 December, 2010
someone already did: www.serato.com (german)
Dj BuddyLove 8:47 PM - 30 December, 2010
Quote:
someone already did: www.serato.com (german)

ahhh
i dont speak Fahrvergnügen
Dj BuddyLove 8:47 PM - 30 December, 2010
lol
deepdjdanny 12:00 PM - 1 January, 2011
Quote:
nice you got it working!

the issue you are facing is probably because you send velocity 7F / 00 which are the codes for fastest motion.
if you had a higher data rate and would send velocity 65 / 63 instead, platter release would probably work much better, since scratchlive must not assume you are spinning crazy fast.
maybe you can try to multiply one message from your controller into multiple "lower velocity " ones with bome. i am not sure if this works though.

I had already previously tried velocites of 96 (as hex, midway between 64/65 & 127) for fwd scratch, 33 ish (as hex, midway between 64 & 0) for bwd scratch. I have made a few velocity presets for testing.
The iMix probably only has 240 or so teeth under the wheel, i've found the data rate to be: yes far too low/slow; not enough pulses per rotation, so: small movements tend not to be tracked. :( (bigger platters with finer teeth & more of them now come to mind). (I've looked inside the djhero toy controllers too, same principle, but they're a bit too dodgy).
I also made up a bome's preset whereby when i released the platter after scratching the pressure switch turns off scratching mode toggle & turns on the pitch bend toggle, so the remaining diminishing foward rotations are instantly passed onto pitch bend mode as +ve pitch bend(fwd nudge), & forward scratch release & throwoffs: sound much more natural. :) (fairly good actually.)
Releasing scratch mode after backspinning is a new problem as dropping into -ve pitch bend is pratically ponintless. oh well.
Thinking about touch sensitive platters now too.
deepdjdanny 12:06 PM - 1 January, 2011
Quote:

I had already thought this, but i'm sure bome's can't yet do anything like this.
Another consideration, was to also have bome's read from a table/chart: rates of acceleration/decceleration. But i definitely know that bome's can't do this. It only has very simple timer events.
I've seen your youtube vid with the EKS without out Bome's & i'm impressed! :D
radikarl 2:36 PM - 1 January, 2011
Quote:
I've seen your youtube vid with the EKS without out Bome's & i'm impressed! :D

thank you. not to use bome is possible due to EKS "XMAP" software which lets me (almost) completely configure the devices to my need. only thing i am missing there is the option for arbitrary velocity values. (i can only chose a fixed "range")

Quote:
I also made up a bome's preset whereby when i released the platter after scratching the pressure switch turns off scratching mode toggle & turns on the pitch bend toggle

so there you have it. you make two messages out of one, right?
by the way - that is what i do with the EKS devices too (but directly)
When i start ScratchLive i manually go to Jog Mode and stay there.
then i use "touching the platter" to
first - switch to scratch mode
second - send "touch"
and the reverse for releasing the platter
however, i do that for another reason: to have the outer ring "pitch bend" and the top "scratch"

Quote:
I had already thought this, but i'm sure bome's can't yet do anything like this.

why not? all you had to do would be to add several identical rules which all wait for message X and output the same message Y.

Quote:
Releasing scratch mode after backspinning is a new problem as dropping into -ve pitch bend is pratically ponintless. oh well.

what i did to solve this is i invented a "negative modifier":
when i hold a special button, that buttons switches to scratch mode, AND turns off the platter-wise switching. now i can backspin (while holding the button)
when i release the button, i switch back to jog mode AND turn platter wise switching back on again.
so to perform a backspin i now have to hold a button, but what i win for that is the ability to scratch with the platter top and bend with the outer ring without prior switching.
plus the more natural feel you mentioned
raequan 4:32 PM - 5 January, 2011
ok folks i tried Radikarl's mapping and yes it works. you may have to do a lil moding to the mapping.

Many thanks

www.serato.com
Konix 7:11 PM - 5 January, 2011
Got this working with my Traktor Kontrol S4, but it doesn't work too well. Platter direction is reversed and have to spin the jog wheel pretty fast to get movement. Will have to play around with the settings some more.
radikarl 7:24 PM - 5 January, 2011
Hey Konix,

the reversed direction - i guess you can fix that by adding the XML tag to the code line for motion which would also invert a knobs direction.

the slow motion is is because the traktor S4 only has 1000 pulse per cycle while scratchlive expects 1480 which is the Denon HC-4500's data rate.

you could try to send other velocity values by altering them with midi pipe or bome. you might lose some tracking quality but it should work.
Konix 7:33 PM - 5 January, 2011
Well, I've already tried adding the reversed="true" line to the XML code and doesn't seem to work.
Konix 7:49 PM - 5 January, 2011
Ok never mind, I was using 2's Compliment and regular relative, changed to jogs to Relative offset in the S4's editor and changed to Binary Offset in SSL and works a lot better now.
Eric N 7:54 PM - 5 January, 2011
I assume that this wouldn't work with a VCI-300 (even with an SL1) since it doesn't have analog mixer channels or dedicated outs for each channel? Or would it?
radikarl 8:05 PM - 5 January, 2011
serato.com
from the german board.

sc-2000 up and running

(it has the same platter as the mc-6000 with a data rate of 2048 pulse per cycle)
radikarl 8:21 PM - 5 January, 2011
@Eric N:
you need an SL-1, that is true for all devices.
and you need an analog mixer.
but the vci-300 platters might work. i don't know for sure. try it ;-)

but as i already said:
Quote:
Quote:

i think you need this to work with the vci 300 due to its proprietary message type ("high resolution platters") ...
www.djtechtools.com
Eric N 8:30 PM - 5 January, 2011
I only have a 57 w/ 1200s and a VCI at the moment (sold my SL1), so I would have to try and make it work with that for now. I think I will hold out to see what NAMM brings before I put myself through that headache. Just based on what you have accomplished thus far, I am considering selling the VCI and getting a pair of the Denon SC-2000s.

If anyone else pulls it off with a VCI I would love to see the mappings, though! =)
J.J. 10:35 PM - 6 January, 2011
Konix, how do you output MIDI on the S4? Is there an update?

How do you change the jogs to Relative offset in the S4's editor?

Can you post the XML code for this?
Konix 9:05 PM - 10 January, 2011
Here's my little video showing the S4... Watchwww.youtube.com
radikarl 12:01 PM - 11 January, 2011
@Eric N:
Quote:
Quote:
I only have a 57
i ment to say: "you need a rane device which works as a dongle for scratchlive"
so the 57 is ok too.

@Konix good job!
DJ Quartz 9:39 PM - 14 January, 2011
Ahhhhhh man, I wonder if this can be done with the NS7 but then there's the audio dongle issue.

For the guys with the NS7/V7, there is one way I got scratch functionality in Traktor.

When the platter was moving forward I had a modifier which would have the value 7 when spinning forward and 0 when stopped or spinning backwards.

This would engage the jog scratch mode so you could control playback with the NS7 spindle/motor.

I actually did get it to work and playback nice and clean at 0% but there were other limiting issues with the platter that I couldn't overcome. It did track well and would stop when the vinyl stopped, spinbacks, etc.

So to make this work in SSL we would basically have to do the following.

Spindle/Platter forward - needs to engage jog mode so it can track the platter moving forward

Spindle/Platter backwards - same as above

Motor Stopped - Needs to have jog mode enabled to track the platter and stop playback as well.

I didn't really want to start mapping from scratch again because that was enough work as is. If it can work in SSL I would be willing to start over again.

...or better yet just do it Serato.
nik39 6:04 PM - 16 January, 2011
Quote:
Ahhhhhh man, I wonder if this can be done with the NS7 but then there's the audio dongle issue.

We tried it with the V7's and it was way too much work. You would need a translator in between and we were looking for a solution without a translator.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:22 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhhhhh man, I wonder if this can be done with the NSFW but then there's the dongle issue.

We tried it with the 7's and it was way too much work. You would need a specullum in between and we were looking for a solution without a specullum.

TMI (NM)
WarpNote 3:55 AM - 23 January, 2011
Did anyone manage to get this working with the Denon DN-SC2000?

Got my Sixty Eight set up at home, and only got room for 2 Tech's and the mixer. Thinking about putting a DN-SC2000 on a crane stand over a turntable to control the other 2 channels. Would be nice for layering beats...

From what Ive read, the DN-SC2000 have a shift function and can do two decks..?
radikarl 4:54 PM - 23 January, 2011
you can only control the primary decks with this.
SC 2000 works.

one SC-2000 device would be enough for the two primary decks.
then you could use the turntables for the secondary decks.
i do a similar thing with EKS Otus, one Turntable and the SL-3
Otus controls decks 1 and 2, turntable controls aux deck.
WarpNote 7:00 PM - 23 January, 2011
Great news radikarl, thanks!!
Will probably be getting one SC-2000 then.
killielad 12:04 PM - 27 January, 2011
Can someone post how to midi map the S4 so I can use the platters with Serato aswell as Traktor.

cheers.
timdp 1:41 PM - 1 February, 2011
Wow, exciting times.

Any idea when the SC2000 settings will hit the web? I couldn't find a YouTube vid either.
radikarl 1:51 PM - 1 February, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com ask this guy.
he is on the forums here as well: serato.com
DJ Quartz 2:38 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
We tried it with the V7's and it was way too much work. You would need a translator in between and we were looking for a solution without a translator.

* Sigh *
radikarl 2:44 PM - 1 February, 2011
i think the main problem with the V7 was not only the conversion, which might could have succeeded somehow from a todays perspective.

the missing MIDI out from scratchlive was the bigger issue IMO since the V7 needs to receive some messages to work properly as well IIRC.
**Michi* 10:29 PM - 4 February, 2011
Hi,

I have a Denon DN-HC 1000s to control the cue points and loops for decks 1 and 2 in conjunction with Time code vinyl.
In addition, I'd like the Aux Deck (SL3) control with a Denon SC2000. Using XML - commands to control the left and right deck worked perfectly. However, I do not know the exact commands for the third deck. Different ways I have already tried in connection with entries in the XML file that have been assigned in the software. Without success.

My question is:

Does anyone know the commands for the third deck?
Has anyone tried this?
Alternatively, can the 1000s control deck 2 and 3 deck?

Thanks
radikarl 10:35 PM - 4 February, 2011
you can NOT control the third deck with this method yet.
radikarl 10:36 PM - 4 February, 2011
and you never will

unless serato enables third and fourth deck support for the denon hc 4500
Eric N 10:37 PM - 4 February, 2011
You could (in theory) make a SC2000 control either deck 1 or 2, and use timecodes on the other one plus deck 3, right?
radikarl 10:41 PM - 4 February, 2011
yes you could use the sc2000 for deck 1 and/or deck 2.
and then use a turntable on the aux deck.

i do the same currently
- with one EKS Otus for decks 1 and 2
- and one turntable for the aux deck.
**Michi* 11:28 PM - 4 February, 2011
Damn.... The Problem is my DN-HD 1000s works with HID only on the Decks 1 and 2. When i switch the Turntable to Deck 2 and 3 i can`t control the Cue`s and Loops with Midi Control (1000s is on Deck 1 and 2). The Cue Buttons from the SC2000 set on Deck 3 and control the Deck 1 with the Jog - Wheel.... That couldn`t be true....
Scratch Live is a good software, but Midi and Platter seems like a little child.... Call everything and they will do nothing :-)

Thanks for your answers!
marlon@wave891 5:40 AM - 7 February, 2011
Hi radikarl Im realy interested in the platter mapping of the denon MC 6000 hope you can share mapping or the xml file thanks my email add is djmarlon@wave891.fm
dj promote 6:12 AM - 7 February, 2011
Got this mapped on the S4 pretty much but seems glitchy. Should it be super smooth like scratching capable or not? When I release the jog wheel it get a small "hicup". Do I have it mapped wrong?

Still trying to get the pitch control mapped as well
marlon@wave891 9:27 AM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Save and close.

Open SSL

Then make your Hardware send the corresponding values with Bomes Midi Translator or something similar, or if your hardware is configurable, configure directly.

Maybe you can try what happens if you change the values in the XML so they match your Hardware. (Did not try that part).
For simplicity i just used the ones i found in the XML for my VIDEO PROOF: Watchwww.youtube.com (German, and hardware not really suitable)

To explain the code:
Note 89 is for "touching the platter" on either side, the platter is considered touched if a "Note on" with value >= 64 is sent.
For the Movement: while the platter is allready touched, the platter must send CC 76 on the corresponding channel , where sending of values between 0 and 63 is backwards movement and 64 to 127 is forward movement
(waveforms move as long as something is sent. value determines speed and direction of movement)

www.serato.com

Inspired by Stanton's SCS3d Preset (Source: forums.stantondj.com ) for Scratch Live. Thats where the Code comes from.

MY DENON MC 6000 is perfectly controlling SERATO SL & VIDEO SL
DJ Unique 10:14 AM - 10 February, 2011
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to make the platters work.
On the "unofficial" Denon Forums someone posted a link to an actual XML file & that did the trick.

I too now have my MC6000 working perfectly & controlling SL & VSL.
This is gonna be perfect for mobile where I need a really quick set-up.
blackavenger 2:35 PM - 10 February, 2011
I wonder if Serato is pissed by this thread? I mean, they haven't taken it down......
farrell 3:11 PM - 10 February, 2011
They will probably release an update and it will no longer work, wait for it they are smart.
blackavenger 3:26 PM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
They will probably release an update and it will no longer work, wait for it they are smart.

Hopefully, they go the other direction......use the feedback from this thread as an indication that peeps desperately want this functionality.

I think they should allow both platforms (ScratchLIVE & ITCH) to have MIDI Deck Control. A better way to differentiate between the two would be to NEVER add Auto-Sync to ScratchLIVE's Control Decks (still want tempo-sync'd SP-6 though). This would give a clear distinction between the two programs, whilst giving ScratchLIVE one of ITCH's best features.

One can dream........
Logisticalstyles 3:40 PM - 10 February, 2011
If they can make the 2000 oficially work with Scratch Live I would probably get rid of my Denon HC1000S.
Rebelguy 8:57 PM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Save and close.

Open SSL

To explain the code:

www.serato.com

MY DENON MC 6000 is perfectly controlling SERATO SL & VIDEO SL

So if you follow those exact instructions the MC6000 will work. Ordering one today.
minnesotadj1 9:54 PM - 15 February, 2011
I may order one myself and use it for SSL. It is a pretty sweet controller. It would be nice if Denon also make something similar like the MC6000 for Serato Itch....
radikarl 1:17 AM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:
So if you follow those exact instructions the MC6000 will work. Ordering one today.

nope.

you are missing two things:

first:
Quote:
Quote:
The Denon line is mandatory.

second:
Quote:
you should use a third line of code for each deck to enable switching between scratch mode and jog mode, and assign a button to it:
Quote:
radikarl 1:22 AM - 16 February, 2011
still can't see why y'all want the denon 6000 thing.
i mean it is nice and all but i would then prefer itch which is a real all in one thing.

i think for scratch live, a deck only solution like the SC-2000 or EKS Otus and now Otus Raw (!) is way cooler, especially in conjunction with a ttm 57SL.
(that is basically my current mobile setup and i am lovint it)
Rebelguy 5:19 AM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:
still can't see why y'all want the denon 6000 thing.
i mean it is nice and all but i would then prefer itch which is a real all in one thing.

i think for scratch live, a deck only solution like the SC-2000 or EKS Otus and now Otus Raw (!) is way cooler, especially in conjunction with a ttm 57SL.
(that is basically my current mobile setup and i am lovint it)

Personally I don't like the graphical interface of Itch and having used it for a bit prefer Scratchlive over it any day of the week. Plus the effects are better in Scratchlive.

The Otus decks look dope but haven't seen them in the states. Plus I am trying to slim down my setup for small events.
Rebelguy 5:35 AM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Someone on the Denon forums posted this code.

Quote:
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="107" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="81" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="81" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="107" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="81" />
<Control name="Platter Control Right" channel="3" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="81" />

The platter control works but if you push the sync button nothing happens so basically no jog mode. Is there something missing?

And thanks for all the help Karl.
radikarl 12:20 PM - 16 February, 2011
sync button should work as a toggle

at the beginning you are in scratch mode for either deck
odd number of sync button pushes: jog mode for that deck
even number of sync button pushes: scratch mode for that deck

remember to add the denon line also,

and maybe you forgot to reload the XML in scratch live after altering it
J.J. 6:11 PM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:

radikarl, can you use this code as switching between layers for other buttons.

For instance, Button 2 is assigned to Deck 1 CUE 1, but if you hit Button 1 (layer button) that same Button 2 is now assigned to Deck 2 CUE 1.

This is how I'm able to get Shift to work, but you have to hold down the button.

For this example, control="30" on MIDI channel 5 is Shift Modifier 2 to hold down EXIT.
The A1 button control="23" is MIDI assigned to trigger the Cue point on MIDI channel 5.
When you hold down EXIT "30" and hit the A1 "23" button, it is now assigned to Play Sampler 1.
<midi>
<Modifier name="Shift Modifier 2" event_type="Note On" channel="5" control="30" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="23" />
<Control name="Drop Sampler Play 1" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
</midi>
DJ_Doliveck 9:47 AM - 17 February, 2011
currently use 2 technics 1200's w/ a 57 at most live shows. I am going to purchase a dn-sc2000 which will be great for recording sets at home and / or backup / wedding / private events where turntables are not necessary!!! Thanks in advance!
Rebelguy 5:01 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

radikarl, can you use this code as switching between layers for other buttons.

For instance, Button 2 is assigned to Deck 1 CUE 1, but if you hit Button 1 (layer button) that same Button 2 is now assigned to Deck 2 CUE 1.

This is how I'm able to get Shift to work, but you have to hold down the button.

For this example, control="30" on MIDI channel 5 is Shift Modifier 2 to hold down EXIT.
The A1 button control="23" is MIDI assigned to trigger the Cue point on MIDI channel 5.
When you hold down EXIT "30" and hit the A1 "23" button, it is now assigned to Play Sampler 1.
<midi>
<Modifier name="Shift Modifier 2" event_type="Note On" channel="5" control="30" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="23" />
<Control name="Drop Sampler Play 1" channel="5" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Shift Modifier 2" />
</midi>

I'm lost...haha
J.J. 12:44 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

I'm lost...haha

Wow, I'm lost too and I wrote it. LOL

We need a way to give us another MIDI layer (like modifiers in Traktor).
radikarl 2:11 AM - 18 February, 2011
J.J.

i don't know more about this modifier thing than you do. i found it initially in a post by you on the denon forums. but i think it is always a shift, never a toggle.
i tried to use a CC instead of a Note On for a modifer. cause then we could use relative instead of absulte and make it a toggle instead of a hold. but no - it oonly accepts note on for shift modifiers.

by the way, how did you find out about the modifiers in the first place?
J.J. 4:43 PM - 18 February, 2011
radikarl, you have a PM.

Bummer we can't get toggle to work. I will do some test this weekend.
Dj Shannon 6:53 AM - 19 February, 2011
Been following your thread guys. Picked up a MC-6000 as soon as I saw the You Tube vid w/ jogs working (Thanks Radikarl) Now what's up with the LEDs ?????????/ I need light Serato
Manny C dot com 9:41 AM - 19 February, 2011
I've been following this thread closely as I have the upcoming Numark NS6 squarely in my sights as a home/backup setup. I'm really glad to see the progress that's being made on the whole "midi deck control" front.

With that said, I also wanted to come here and say the following to the makers of my favorite DJ software:

I think that it should serve as an EMBARRASSMENT to Serato that it would take some creative hacking on the part of ordinary users to accomplish what your software developers should have been able to do a long time ago. It's a shame that we should have to jump through hoops and tinker under the hood in order to implement a feature that should have been standard all along. The day that we, the users, should have to fend for ourselves and come up with our own solutions to make up for the shortcomings of the software, is the day that you have let us down.

:/
Manny C dot com 10:01 AM - 19 February, 2011
While just about every other function of Scratch Live can be mapped to a midi device, control of the virtual decks themselves, is absent. If a bunch of guys WITHOUT computer programming degrees can make it happen, why is it that your team CAN NOT??? Obviously, this isn't rocket science. So what's Serato's excuse for not supporting this feature natively???
blackavenger 2:36 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
While just about every other function of Scratch Live can be mapped to a midi device, control of the virtual decks themselves, is absent. If a bunch of guys WITHOUT computer programming degrees can make it happen, why is it that your team CAN NOT??? Obviously, this isn't rocket science. So what's Serato's excuse for not supporting this feature natively???

It is likely an issue of legality between Rane & Serato. My guess is that their hands are tied. SratchLIVE is ONLY supported by RANE hardware, and if you are able to control ScratchLIVE with hardware made by other manufacturers, it negates that contract. Perhaps by not suppressing this latest bit of hackery, they are loosely supporting this functionality.

I still think there is going to be something in the 2.3 update that will hinder all these hacks. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!
Manny C dot com 8:21 PM - 19 February, 2011
@Blackavenger:

That's an interesting theory. I hadn't thought of that.
Manny C dot com 8:32 PM - 19 February, 2011
Thinking about it further, your theory doesn't make a lot of sense to me because Denon also makes hardware to control Scratch Live.

ep.yimg.com
DJ Unique 12:33 AM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
Thinking about it further, your theory doesn't make a lot of sense to me because Denon also makes hardware to control Scratch Live.

ep.yimg.com

Agreed along with Denon HC4500.
Also the fact that you still need an SL1 or similar for Scratch Live to work.
blackavenger 5:59 AM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:

ep.yimg.com

No, this doesn't "control" ScratchLIVe.....it's merely a MIDI Control Interface. There are many different MIDI Controllers that will control the various functions of ScratchLIVE, but nothing so far (officially) controls ScratchLIVE's decks. I think that this is the agreement/contract that Rane have w' Serato.....nothing other than Rane Hardware (SL1, 3, & 4) will allow for the control of the decks. This is why ITCH exists! ITCH is a completely different program that allows many different hardware manufacturers to control it natively....the same that we want w' ScratchLIVE. That's why it's essential that Rane come out w' an All-In-One Solution for those of us who want ITCH functionality, but w' the ScratchLIVE software that we all prefer.
DJ Quartz 3:03 PM - 21 February, 2011
I tried this with the NS7 but the virtual decks don't respond at all. Can anyone help?
raequan 3:40 PM - 21 February, 2011
quartz you need to find out what midi channel the platter sends when you touch it like for xample when you touch the left platter and stop it you should see some thing like Channel 1 note 12. (in other words when you hit a map button on scratchlive. move the platter ssl should give you the note and midi channel the ns7 sends out...

hope i helped
DJ Quartz 4:11 PM - 21 February, 2011
Actually I have that info from my midi chart I made way back. I was wondering about that.
wadup 4:26 PM - 21 February, 2011
Dj quartz quick question... Let's say u successfully map the ns7 platter in SSL. How would u get the mixer to work?
DJ Quartz 4:32 PM - 21 February, 2011
I have to figure that out, right now I have my 57SL hooked up to act as the soundcard.
DJ Quartz 4:32 PM - 21 February, 2011
This is the lab setup... i1096.photobucket.com
DJ Quartz 4:48 PM - 21 February, 2011
NS7 platters are detected as...

Right Platter = Ch1, Pitch Wheel
Left Platter = Ch3, Pitch Wheel
wadup 5:10 PM - 21 February, 2011
Quote:
I have to figure that out, right now I have my 57SL hooked up to act as the soundcard.

I think the best result you will get with this is two v7's along with that 57sl
DJ Quartz 5:26 PM - 21 February, 2011
In a sense but the portability isn't there. That's the main reason for me having a NS7.
wadup 5:34 PM - 21 February, 2011
I see ur point... Anyway good luck hope u get good results.

Btw
I don't see this working in scratch live unless serato incorporate an internal mixer into ssl.
DJ Quartz 5:36 PM - 21 February, 2011
Right, but technically it already does, look at the SP-6, Recorder behavior.
DJ Quartz 5:40 PM - 21 February, 2011
Yeah it looks like I'll have to wait for some magic from the Serato boys because there are some serious midi limitations here.
DJ Quartz 5:40 PM - 21 February, 2011
All everyone can do is keep requesting for now.
nik39 5:47 PM - 21 February, 2011
NS7 hacking to work with SL? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

V7's - yes.
raequan 5:35 PM - 22 February, 2011
here is some love for the denon Sc2000

Watchwww.youtube.com
credentia1 1:10 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully, they go the other direction......use the feedback from this thread as an indication that peeps desperately want this functionality.

I think they should allow both platforms (ScratchLIVE & ITCH) to have MIDI Deck Control. A better way to differentiate between the two would be to NEVER add Auto-Sync to ScratchLIVE's Control Decks (still want tempo-sync'd SP-6 though). This would give a clear distinction between the two programs, whilst giving ScratchLIVE one of ITCH's best features.

One can dream........

Rebelguy 1:50 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

The same quote i left in the video.

"I think "optimized" for scratchlive is stretching things a bit. It does work with Serato but the mapping is a bit glitchy. The platter control is not as accurate as the itch controllers that are out. If you really need to use this or the 6000 with Scratchlive then it will work but not really the greatest solution."
raequan 4:46 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
If you really need to use this or the 6000 with Scratchlive then it will work but not really the greatest solution."

so what do you think the solution is. I would think Rane should make an all in one type.
Then there is the reason we have Itch.
I wanted video capabilities in a small setup. I wasnt going to wait for Itch and no go on Vdj.
If vestax came out with this first as a analog mixer midi controller i would have mapped that

oh by the way im still banned..... hehehehehe
TommyC 5:19 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

The same quote i left in the video.

"I think "optimized" for scratchlive is stretching things a bit. It does work with Serato but the mapping is a bit glitchy. The platter control is not as accurate as the itch controllers that are out. If you really need to use this or the 6000 with Scratchlive then it will work but not really the greatest solution."

I think it is a good solution if you are looking for a compact setup that also allows for the use of video! The mappings seem fine to me, I used the 6000 for a bit and had no trouble with the platters or any glitches in the mappings...
Dj Pepe 10:09 AM - 25 February, 2011
Hello everyone
I think some of you did a great job. I do not think that Serato blocks this function with the next update would be precisely the wrong direction. What they should do is follow it and maybe be able to agree between Denon and Serato (it seems that the problem is only the $ $ $)
Internal sources of Serato I learned that after many complaints had for 6000 that does not "see" SL, are thinking of making a new product compatible with Serato in 2011;).

In the meantime I wanted to ask two things:

1) I use the Sync button TEMP CUE as not to "burn" a CUE. Does anyone know how to map the key or SHIFT + SHIFT + VINYL BEND to do this function, the map would be more logical.

2) I did not understand how to map function to allow all "ring"to make the bend and platter for scratch, someone can explain it better? Thanks in advance.

I am working to figure out how to run all the lights ...

See you soon
Greetings
raequan 2:15 PM - 25 February, 2011
map the bend buttons its much better than platter bend...
DJ Quartz 2:45 PM - 25 February, 2011
Well, I keep waking up each morning hoping to see a beta announcement.
lofty 3:59 PM - 25 February, 2011
to map the vci 300 platters - would the virtual DJ midi map help some of you who know what you are doing?

I occasionally use virtual dj for video with my VCI (still prefer a 57 and 2 - 1200's)
and the platter response is decent - just thinking that the virtual dj map / and mini.translator could allow the vci and a 57 to be used??
Heres hoping..
gotta read more and see if I can get this working...got some time on Sunday....

heres the virtual dj map for anyone ambitions

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<midi version="5" date="26/01/2009">
<ctrl ctrl="24" mode="slider" action="crossfader" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="12" mode="slider" action="level" chan="1" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="18" mode="slider" action="level" chan="2" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="25" mode="slider" action="headphone_mix" invert="true" relative="true" />
<note note="37" action="play_pause" chan="1" />
<note note="56" action="play_pause" chan="2" />
<note note="36" action="cue_stop" chan="1" />
<note note="55" action="cue_stop" chan="2" />
<ctrl ctrl="60" mode="slider" action="scratch_wheel" chan="1" relative="true" scale="512" />
<ctrl ctrl="61" mode="slider" action="scratch_wheel" chan="2" relative="true" scale="512" />
<note note="83" action="scratchwheel_touch" chan="1" value="temporary auto" />
<note note="84" action="scratchwheel_touch" chan="2" value="temporary auto" />
<ctrl ctrl="13" mode="slider" action="pitch" chan="1" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="19" mode="slider" action="pitch" chan="2" scale="0" />
<note note="42" action="hotcue" chan="1" value="1" />
<note note="61" action="hotcue" chan="2" value="1" />
<note note="43" action="hotcue" chan="1" value="2" />
<note note="62" action="hotcue" chan="2" value="2" />
<note note="44" action="hotcue" chan="1" value="3" />
<note note="63" action="hotcue" chan="2" value="3" />
<note note="42" action="loop_in" chan="1" value="auto" />
<note note="61" action="loop_in" chan="2" value="auto" />
<note note="46" action="loop_out" chan="1" value="auto" />
<note note="65" action="loop_out" chan="2" value="auto" />
<note note="43" action="loop_in" chan="1" value="auto" />
<note note="62" action="loop_in" chan="2" value="auto" />
<note note="47" action="loop_out" chan="1" value="auto" />
<note note="66" action="loop_out" chan="2" value="auto" />
<note note="44" action="loop_in" chan="1" value="auto" />
<note note="63" action="loop_in" chan="2" value="auto" />
<note note="48" action="loop_out" chan="1" value="auto" />
<note note="67" action="loop_out" chan="2" value="auto" />
<ctrl ctrl="17" mode="slider" action="bass" chan="1" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="23" mode="slider" action="bass" chan="2" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="16" mode="slider" action="medium" chan="1" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="22" mode="slider" action="medium" chan="2" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="15" mode="slider" action="high" chan="1" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="21" mode="slider" action="high" chan="2" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="14" mode="slider" action="gain" chan="1" scale="0" />
<ctrl ctrl="20" mode="slider" action="gain" chan="2" scale="0" />
<note note="38" action="key_lock" chan="1" />
<note note="57" action="key_lock" chan="2" />
<note note="78" action="browser_updown" value="+1" />
<note note="77" action="browser_updown" value="-1" />
<note note="79" action="browser_back" />
<note note="81" action="browser_enter" />
<note note="54" action="select" chan="1" />
<note note="73" action="select" chan="2" />
<note note="74" action="sample_play" value="1" />
<note note="75" action="sample_play" value="2" />
<note note="76" action="sample_play" value="3" />
<note note="50" action="reverse" chan="1" value="temporary auto" />
<note note="69" action="reverse" chan="2" value="temporary auto" />
<note note="51" action="loop" chan="1" />
<note note="70" action="loop" chan="2" />
<note note="53" action="loop" chan="1" value="+50" />
<note note="72" action="loop" chan="2" value="+50" />
<note note="52" action="loop" chan="1" value="-50" />
<note note="71" action="loop" chan="2" value="-50" />
<note note="40" action="pitch_bend" chan="1" value="temporary +256" />
<note note="59" action="pitch_bend" chan="2" value="temporary +256" />
<note note="39" action="pitch_bend" chan="1" value="temporary -256" />
<note note="58" action="pitch_bend" chan="2" value="temporary -256" />
<note note="41" action="sync" chan="1" />
<note note="60" action="sync" chan="2" />
<note note="64" action="vinyl_mode" />
<note note="45" action="vinyl_mode" />
<note note="49" action="beat_tap" chan="1" />
<note note="68" action="beat_tap" chan="2" />
</midi>
clownbag 7:05 AM - 26 February, 2011
Is their a way to use this hack for the Numark Mixtrack Pro?
ludollor 7:42 PM - 5 March, 2011
So... i could make a custom mapping for DN SC2000, using radikal's mappings...
Platters/Jogwheels work, but you still have to switch to "bend mode" to pitchbend with jogwheels... Is it possible to use the jogwheels to pitchbend without switching to "bend mode", (like a cdj) ? I tried modifying the xml but couldnt make it work properly. From what i've seen, j.j. and radikarl couldnt do it either... anyone ?
radikarl 8:06 PM - 5 March, 2011
i have a working solution on EKS products (Otus, Otus Raw) for what you are asking for.
but it uses the EKS XMAP Software which allows some tricking which would not be possible with other Hardware unless you use somethinh like "Bome's Midi Translator" additionally.

i have explained it somewhere above.

cheers
ludollor 9:09 PM - 5 March, 2011
yep... i'm trying to find a way to do it without bome's midi translator, only using xml files... Maybe with this "modifier" thing jj mentioned - not sure it would lead me anywhere, though.
Another thing i couldnt properly map was the CUE button behaviour : i wanted a cdj-style behaviour (cue when stopped sets temporary cue, cue when playing brings back to cue point and play), but i had to do it with 2 buttons : one for "set temporary cue", another one for (playing) "temporary cue".
d:raf 1:00 AM - 2 April, 2011
On the Denon SC2000, what's the resolution on the pitch slider like? Currently I have to use 4 separate sliders (one rough & one fine for each deck).
d:raf 1:09 AM - 2 April, 2011
Addendum: I saw it has 14 bit resolution, and I found this article (djvandraken.blogspot.com) that explains the difference between that and the older 7 bit standard fairly well (I'm assuming the X-Session Pro I've been using is a 7-bit model) but I'd still like testimonial from someone who's actually used it with SSL...
radikarl 12:17 PM - 10 April, 2011
don't know about the resolution of the sc-2000 pitch slider, but SSL accepts 14 bit CC if you change the code in the XML from "absolute_7" to "absolute_14"
radikarl 11:25 AM - 11 April, 2011
COMPLETE MAPPING FOR EKS OTUS, EKS OTUS RAW and EKS XP-5

toka-disco.de

This is Version 1.1
The mapping which some of you saw at Musikmesse (1.2) will be released shortly, it contains some minor improvements.

Feedback appreciated.
nik39 12:38 PM - 11 April, 2011
Nice!

Did you change the tabbing from Library to Crates etc?
nik39 12:38 PM - 11 April, 2011
Karl, wanna start a new thread about this?
radikarl 12:44 PM - 11 April, 2011
hey nik,

no this is the old version. i will soon release the new one.

and yes, good point. i will start a new thread...
radikarl 9:27 AM - 12 April, 2011
here it is - OTUS MAPPINGS

serato.com
DJ MillerTime 3:35 AM - 14 April, 2011
This is awesome! congrats radikarl for figuring this out! Is there away of doing this with the vci-300 mk2? I've been using itch for awhile and wanna use scratch live so i can run the bridge and effects and stuff.

Please let me know if anyone has figured this out with the vci-300!
radikarl 7:58 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
I assume that this wouldn't work with a VCI-300 (even with an SL1) since it doesn't have analog mixer channels or dedicated outs for each channel? Or would it?
Quote:

and you need an analog mixer.
but the vci-300 platters might work. i don't know for sure. try it ;-)

but as i already said:
Quote:
Quote:

www.djtechtools.com

nik39 1:26 PM - 14 April, 2011
Do they still work on that tool?
radikarl 1:33 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
Do they still work on that tool?

www.djtechtools.com
at least they still offer it i think...
brkdncr 4:28 AM - 25 April, 2011
Just set up my SC2000 using the .xml from poweronplay.com.

1) crate selection doesn't work the best. When I really sit down with it I'll set it up so it matches the Denon Serato midi controller.

2) key lock on the sc2000 should turn off/on key lock instead of pitch control width. I'll change that.

3) it seems like pitch bending is too sensitive. Like you have to spin for ages just to get it to move a little.

4) pitch control requires that you move all the way to the point where the internal pitch slider is at before it will let you control it.

I'd love it if Denon and Serato got together to make this device native. I could have used this last night as the CDJ-2000's were spitting noise to my serato box.
J.J. 11:38 PM - 25 April, 2011
www.poweronplay.com
1) SSL doesn't allow you to expand/contract with one button.
Previous = Tab. Next = Scroll Right (Expand Crate) and Browser = Scroll Left (Contract Crate). For Native Controllers, the Back Button will go from the Tracks to the Crates. The same Back Button will then toggle Expand/Contract the Crates. I will update the PDF next week to explain all the buttons. Of course you can manually change it yourself in the XML file.

2) I changed Key Lock to Pitch Range to do some quick wind down effect at ±100%. Hold down Shift + Key Lock = Key On/Off. I will change it back in the next update.

3) Shift + Rewind = Pitch Bend. Shift + Rewind again = Scratch. There is nothing you can do about the Platter Pitch Bend sensitivity. Make sure you have Quicktime installed. I only use the Pitch Bend Buttons and the Platter to Scratch.

4) You have Fader Lock engaged. You can turn it off. From my website and the manual:
Fader Lock On: To set the fader lock function On, hold down the [SHIFT] key and press the [PITCHBEND +] key. (The default setting is ON)
Fader Lock Off: To set the fader lock function Off, hold down the [SHIFT] key and press the [PITCHBEND -] key.
If the fader lock function is set to ON and the pitch slider position after a DECK change operation is different from the value registered in the unit’s memory, the MIDI command is not sent. The KEYLOCK LED flashes. Once the pitch fader position coincides with the value registered in the unit’s memory, MIDI command transmission starts again, and the KEYLOCK LED retrieves the status before flashing.

I will update the XML and PDF next week to explain what everything is assigned to.
brkdncr 7:25 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
www.poweronplay.com
Previous = Tab. Next = Scroll Right (Expand Crate) and Browser = Scroll Left (Contract Crate). For Native Controllers, the Back Button will go from the Tracks to the Crates. The same Back Button will then toggle Expand/Contract the Crates. I will update the PDF next week to explain all the buttons. Of course you can manually change it yourself in the XML file.

2) I changed Key Lock to Pitch Range to do some quick wind down effect at ±100%. Hold down Shift + Key Lock = Key On/Off. I will change it back in the next update.

3) Shift + Rewind = Pitch Bend. Shift + Rewind again = Scratch. There is nothing you can do about the Platter Pitch Bend sensitivity. Make sure you have Quicktime installed. I only use the Pitch Bend Buttons and the Platter to Scratch.

4) You have Fader Lock engaged. You can turn it off. From my website and the manual:
Fader Lock On: To set the fader lock function On, hold down the [SHIFT] key and press the [PITCHBEND +] key. (The default setting is ON)
Fader Lock Off: To set the fader lock function Off, hold down the [SHIFT] key and press the [PITCHBEND -] key.
If the fader lock function is set to ON and the pitch slider position after a DECK change operation is different from the value registered in the unit’s memory, the MIDI command is not sent. The KEYLOCK LED flashes. Once the pitch fader position coincides with the value registered in the unit’s memory, MIDI command transmission starts again, and the KEYLOCK LED retrieves the status before flashing.

I will update the XML and PDF next week to explain what everything is assigned to.

very cool.
radikarl 8:27 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:

look: serato.com ;-)
J.J. 4:15 PM - 26 April, 2011
Are you kidding radikarl? How did you find this out?

"Library Back Button A"
"HC4500 Library Select Button A"
"HC4500 Library Select Button B"
"Scroll Library Knob" data_type="Relative Binary Offset"/>

What is Internal Mode Button Small A? I first thought the Backspin Trick was something new until I realized it was a modifier?

Wait a minute...
<Control control="65" event_type="Note On" channel="8" name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 A" on_modifier="Delete Cue"/>

Are you saying you can delete an individual cue point? How did you find "Red Hammer Cue Point 1-5 A or B"? I pleaded with Serato about deleting Cue points 1-5, a Back and Load Button like the HC4500. They said it was impossible.

You my friend are awesome, but how did you figure it out?
radikarl 6:12 PM - 26 April, 2011
you have a PM
radikarl 6:18 PM - 26 April, 2011
Internal mode button is simply the button that switches the deck to internal mode.
it basically does - nothing.
(internal mode button does nothing, cause i am in internal mode already when doing a backspin)

but that is what i want.

i use it to disable the original function without modifier.
so by using this "dummy" as the new function WITH modifier, the only effect is to disable the old function WITHOUT modifier.
so i have a negative modifier.
or in easier words, disable a function temporarily even though the hardware sends the corresponding message.

remember, EKS Otus can send various messages per control, e.g. platter touching.
but for the backspin trick, i have to disable one of them. ;-)
J.J. 10:17 PM - 26 April, 2011
I tried the Back Button, Delete Cues and Library Select button at lunch and they work great. I appreciate the hard work radikarl. Very cool stuff.

However, the new MIDI interferes with the Rane Sixty-Eight mixer. I either have to hook up the DN-SC2000 after SSL has booted up, or make sure it's unchecked in Setup/ MIDI/ Controller before SSL boots.

I will move it to MIDI channels 7 & 8 to see if that helps with the 68 interference.
Updated www.poweronplay.com

The only Native Supported button that is missing is the Cue button. Set Temp Cue Left Button and Jump Temp Cue Left Button requires two buttons or holding down a shift button. While Paused, the Cue button created a Temp Cue, and while playing, the Cue button Jumped to the Temp Cue.
Dj-Gavin 1:17 AM - 2 May, 2011
can some one help to map my vms4 with please serato live
LATINBEATS 8:05 PM - 2 May, 2011
im lost. i just bought the mc6000. can someone please explain how i can map it with serato.
thanks
DJ Unique 6:02 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
im lost. i just bought the mc6000. can someone please explain how i can map it with serato.
thanks

Give me your email address so I can send you the XML.
Check here as well
serato.com
DjThots 8:35 AM - 15 May, 2011
Wuld it b possible to map an ipad, i kno the resolution from touch osc is not great, but maybe its possible?
radikarl 9:12 AM - 15 May, 2011
if touch OSC supports endless encoders as control elements, which don't send position data but relative data instead, then i guess yes

they would have to send e.g. always "65" for clockwise and always 63 for counter clockwise.
but a normal encoder normally just counts. (increasing clockwise, decreasing counter clockwise)

a friend of mine got his iphone recently, i think i will try that soon.
DjThots 10:22 AM - 15 May, 2011
Lookin forward to this
SMOKE DOGG BITCH 4:12 PM - 15 May, 2011
well that was alot to read. i was about to go purchase a vms4 today but after reading this i guess not. so were exatly do we stand with mid platter controll?
radikarl 4:15 PM - 15 May, 2011
confirmed to work:

EKS Otus, OtusRaw and XP5
Denon SC-2000 and MC-6000
Traktor Kontrol S4 (but it does not make much sense since it has no audio mixer)
maybe some others i forgot, but those are the ones with videos floating around
wadup 4:59 PM - 15 May, 2011
Maybe the numark ns6 will be on this list too, hopefully....
radikarl 5:05 PM - 15 May, 2011
we tried it with the NS6.

platter touch and release worked.
but the NS6 sends absolute data, which made motion tracking impossible without third party programs such as Bomes Midi Translator
raequan 12:30 PM - 16 May, 2011
here is some cue delete love for the MC-6000 thanks to radikarl for the cue delete info

<Modifier name="Delete Cue" event_type="Note On" channel="4" control="97" />
<Modifier name="Delete Cue" event_type="Note On" channel="2" control="96" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A0" channel="2" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A1" channel="2" event_type="Note On" control="24" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A2" channel="2" event_type="Note On" control="25" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A3" channel="2" event_type="Note On" control="32" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B0" channel="4" event_type="Note On" control="23" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B1" channel="4" event_type="Note On" control="24" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B2" channel="4" event_type="Note On" control="25" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />
<Control name="Delete Cue Point Button B3" channel="4" event_type="Note On" control="32" on_modifier="Delete Cue" />

"2" = left deck on mc-6000 second layer (Red deck)
"4" = right deck on mc-6000 second layer( Red deck)

to change to blue decks just change "2" to "1" for left deck
same as above for "4" to "3" right deck

so to use delete press shift button on mc then what ever cue point you want to delete
the shift button is also deck side response only ( you can only press shift on left deck to delete left deck cue )(same for right deck)
raequan 12:47 PM - 16 May, 2011
for the SC-2000 use this as there is only one shift button

<Modifier name="Delete Cue" event_type="Note On" channel="1" control="96" />
<Modifier name="Delete Cue" event_type="Note On" channel="2" control="96" />

use the rest of the file that i posted above just change

"2"="1" bluet deck or the (A) cue point slots
"4"="2" red deck or (B) cue point slots
radikarl 1:30 PM - 16 May, 2011
I don't know where you have that code from, but it is not the one i have used for my OTUS Preset
raequan 2:06 PM - 16 May, 2011
i go it from your site but i modded it from there. i got to give thanks where i got it from
raequan 3:06 PM - 16 May, 2011
here is some video in action

Watchwww.youtube.com
DjThots 7:27 AM - 27 May, 2011
Any progress on using this with the ipad/iphone
DJ Pimp 5:19 AM - 28 May, 2011
Quote:
here is some video in action

Watchwww.youtube.com

I was wondering, can you set and delete cue points? Wasn't very clear in this video?
DJ Pimp 5:20 AM - 28 May, 2011
J/K. On the real, can you scratch with jog wheels?
DJ Pimp 5:23 AM - 28 May, 2011
My bad, it's in the video upper..
mike james 9:05 PM - 4 June, 2011
Please Serato Just put it in a software update for us !! and for all the midi decks with jog platter wheel out there please do it
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:14 PM - 6 June, 2011
Quote:
Please Serato Just put it in a software update for us !! and for all the midi decks with jog platter wheel out there please do it

begging wont help, its contractual, if you want midi platters get itch /thread
d:raf 1:14 AM - 7 June, 2011
Quote:
get itch /thread

...or follow the instructions outlined above. Thread continue ;).
Dj Beware 3:35 AM - 13 June, 2011
Anyone have the VCI300 working yet?
Dj Beware 3:43 AM - 15 June, 2011
Bump
wadup 6:23 PM - 16 June, 2011
Quote:
we tried it with the NS6.

platter touch and release worked.
but the NS6 sends absolute data, which made motion tracking impossible without third party programs such as Bomes Midi Translator

Any chance of posting ur midi setup for ns6....
Freddy Simple 4:21 PM - 18 June, 2011
Anyone tried it with the Denon DN-S1200 in midi mode?
DJ P.M. (WIM) 5:55 PM - 24 June, 2011
Ok, this is way above my programming level. Trying to do this with a VMS4 and I get nothing. How do I hook everything up? Do you still have to use the SL box?
radikarl 5:58 PM - 24 June, 2011
you still need the SL box

for the VMS4 i don't know since i don't have one and haven't tried yet.

but i think i have read somewhere that it sends position data instead of relative data on the platters, thus it might not work without something like "bomes midi translator"
DJ P.M. (WIM) 6:07 PM - 24 June, 2011
I have no idea what you just said. but thanks.
radikarl 6:23 PM - 24 June, 2011
in simple words
"i don't know for sure for the VSM4, but my current guess is more a NO than a YES"
DjThots 2:06 AM - 25 June, 2011
hahaha love that answer
Lalo_ 8:41 AM - 28 June, 2011
Would This Work With A Hercules MK4?
DJTojo 8:25 AM - 29 June, 2011
recently midi mapped my akai mpk49 to mix with serato before that was using the mpd32 and before that was on 2 1200d techs.... never going back to tables lol love the rolling loop too much!
DJ Pimp 5:17 PM - 14 July, 2011
So what is the full list of controllers that can be used with Serato Scratch?
Thanx
DJ Pimp 5:18 PM - 14 July, 2011
Oh, yeah and is it PC only or Mac too?
DJARUDZ 12:19 AM - 18 July, 2011
Ok so for S4 mapping, i know how to import mapping but i have nooo idea how to edi the code or whatever!!!! how do i do it??!!!! exactlyy
DJARUDZ 12:20 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Ok so for S4 mapping, i know how to import mapping but i have nooo idea how to edi the code or whatever!!!! how do i do it??!!!! exactlyy

S4 MAPPING FOR SSL
Skinny G. 7:40 AM - 27 September, 2011
So I hate to revive dead topics, but Stanton was working on a demo version of the SCS.1Ds for Serato. Wasn't perfect, but was a start. This is a bit above my programming level, but is there a way to tighten the control scheme?

3 instantly noticeable problems:
a. pitch control was in reverse, up for higher pitch.
b. at the beginning of playback after scratching or holding the record in any way, pitch was faster than normal so sounds weird.
c. no pitch bending with the platter. platter control was just really weird and off.
djbno@live.com 4:27 AM - 4 October, 2011
Could this work with the numark mixtrack?
Guto Loureiro 12:34 PM - 14 October, 2011
radikarl , thanks 4 the post man, realy helped. I just got my pioneer djm t1, it´s got traktor inside, but i´m using it with my serato sl3, made it work with soma adaptations in your code, but i want to recieve feedback from the software to the mixer, so i can lightup the leds, the djm comes with a list off all the midi messages, but i don´t have the commands to map it, do you know if i can do this with Bome's Midi Translator Classic or some other ? i just can´t figure out how it works ! Thanks Again !!
radikarl 1:42 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
i want to recieve feedback from the software to the mixer

not possible
:-(
DarkLight 9:24 AM - 19 October, 2011
Radikarl, you are the man. A lot of effort spent on this, as I can judge from this thread length. Any chance of having the NS6 xml you use or you simply use the same one for the Otus?
Thanks for all man.
DJ Gotstyle 10:19 PM - 15 November, 2011
Do you guys think that it will work with pioneer ddj-t1 or ddj-s1?
Rebelguy 10:30 PM - 15 November, 2011
Quote:
Do you guys think that it will work with pioneer ddj-t1 or ddj-s1?

Even if the platters could be mapped there is no way to use with scratchlive audio. There is only an aux in. If the unit had line inputs for each channel then it might be an option.
djkrypto 7:46 PM - 23 November, 2011
can i use scratch live with my s4?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:11 PM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
can i use scratch live with my s4?

Yup......
djcrispy 7:14 AM - 12 December, 2011
Has anyone tested this on an S2 yet? Im not sure if I should get the Twitch or the S2 , but I do want to use Serato. However the S2 has platters, so I'm leaning towards the S2 but only if its mappable in Serato
Please help, Im not even a noob on MIDI mapping , Im more than a MIDI-virgin....LOL
radikarl 7:45 AM - 12 December, 2011
as far as i know, the S2 has no hardware mixer (can not use it stand-alone)
so when connecting your rane hardware to it (which is still necessary!!),
you would still have to run another software for the mixing part.
so it does not make sense in this scenario.

and even if the platter would work, which i have not tested.
it is only a workaround and not as perfect as an officially supported controller.
djcrispy 7:58 AM - 12 December, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply :)
Im looking for a small Serato supported controller for smaller gigs when my timecode setup is too big. What do you suggest? Or does this question belong in another thread
radikarl 8:25 AM - 12 December, 2011
vestax vci300 or twitch
DJ Mike Rock 4:04 AM - 6 January, 2012
Hey.

Just wondering if you had the mapping info for the Denon MC6000 in order to use the platters. I've got everything else mapped but these.

Cheers.

mikerock@flohback.com
WarpNote 4:05 PM - 11 January, 2012
So, anyone tried this with the mc3000 yet?
VinnyBlanc 6:30 PM - 16 January, 2012
Can anyone confirm if this is a GO on the NS6?
VinnyBlanc 6:38 PM - 16 January, 2012
Quote:
Can anyone confirm if this is a GO on the NS6?

with Bome's as stated above?
radikarl 7:23 PM - 16 January, 2012
i can confirm it does NOT work on the NS6
nik39 7:25 PM - 16 January, 2012
Quote:
i can confirm that *we* could not make it work on the NS6

+1
radikarl 7:28 PM - 16 January, 2012
thanks for the correction.
true.

in fact it might be possible (more or less...) with Bome's and a lot of time.
nik39 7:49 PM - 16 January, 2012
Tradeoff...

Little skills and lots of time
Or
Muchos skills and little time ;)
haze324 8:06 PM - 16 January, 2012
radikarl/Nik --- I'm jumping in this a little late. With the NS6 it's platter movement you can control, can you still map pitch bending to the buttons on the NS6. I'm considering getting an NS6 but would want to have my SL box handy in the event Itch acted up and I could salvage the night/set with out platters. Scrolling with key pad and pitch bending with buttons. Even without scratching, the ability to scroll thru a song to cue up would be very beneficial.
Thanks
nik39 8:14 PM - 16 January, 2012
Was that a question or a statement?
haze324 8:35 PM - 16 January, 2012
it was a question? can pitch bending be mapped? and can anything on the NS6 (perhaps) the effects rotary be mapped to scroll thru a track?
WarpNote 8:44 PM - 16 January, 2012
Pitch bend can easily be mapped, track FWD/RWD too.
Needle drop/"strip search" however would be harder I think.
nik39 8:50 PM - 16 January, 2012
^^ What he said.

But.. Karl is the big Midi Boss up in here. We tried to map the NS6, but realized that it would take some time for us. So we decided to spend our g33k time on something different ;)
haze324 11:53 PM - 16 January, 2012
Quote:
Pitch bend can easily be mapped, track FWD/RWD too.
Needle drop/"strip search" however would be harder I think.

Gothca....yeah that makes sense. "Needle drop" would be great....i'm guessing a jam I could always use the trackpad and drop a cue point.

Thanks.
WarpNote 12:05 AM - 17 January, 2012
That said, the Denon HC1000S is the only cheap native sub-controller for SSL (that I know of), that has a shift function for its FWD/RWD, essentially mimicing needle drop. But I gather you don't want to add yet another midi controller to your setup..?
MattVanDura 1:51 AM - 12 February, 2012
Has anyone tried this with the Synq DMC 1000 already?

I own 2 Pio CDJ-400, and in my resident club I only use 1210MKIIs. But in one club I use to play in, there are two DMC-1000, which have a Midi function. It works very fine with VDJ 7 Pro (sound via my SL2).

I mapped some of the buttons already.

If nobody tried it, I will try to figure it out.
J.J. 7:45 AM - 16 March, 2012
Below is the MIDI Map assignment for the VCI-400SE Left Platter. It works really well. However, can someone please tell my why you cannot mix an external input device (CDJ, iPod, Rane SL2) with channel C or D. Is Vestax working on updating the firmware? With MIDI Out coming in 2.5, this would be an awesome controller. I can think of a few things controlled right at your fingertips: Loops, Loop Rolls, Assigned Loops (2, 4, 8 bar)and Loop Rolls (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1), DJ-FX, Ultra Effects, Master Effect, Cues,SP-6, future SP-6 BRIDGE (no need for Ableton), Video, Transitions, Recording, Censor, Reverse, Pitch Bend, Fine Pitch Adjust, Pitch Range, Instant Double, Tap BMP, LiveFeed etc.

The INPUT ROUTING only supports 1. DIRECT (MASTER) sends the signal directly to master out (skipping the mixer). 2. DECK C/D sends the signal to the software to be assigned to deck C&D (again skipping the mixer).
Quote:
<midi>
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="6" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="39" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="3" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="19" />
</midi>
raequan 10:36 AM - 4 April, 2012
i read that vestax was doing a firmware update on i think DJWORX site. i think the VCi-380 has internal analog mixing

djworx.com
J.J. 4:01 PM - 4 April, 2012
The VCI-400 always had it, but it needed a firmware update (announced at Musikmesse). The inputs work, but goes straight to software. However, the two big programs SSL and Traktor require other specific hardware to work.

I think I might hold out for the VCI-480. A 4 channel ITCH controller if they ever make it. Love the light markers on the platters for scratching and juggling.

Does anyone know how to do a proper CUE for SSL in XML? When Paused, 1 button will create a CUE. When Playing, the same button will jump to the TEMP CUE.
TommyC 4:06 PM - 4 April, 2012
J.J, I have been trying to figure this out for over a year now, and I am still no closer to the answer... It would be greatly appreciated if someone could crack that code. I believe there is a way to write an "if / then" midi statement, but I cannot find enough information about it to put it to use... Even if I could find info, I am not sure that it is the answer to the problem at hand.
deepdjdanny 5:30 PM - 4 April, 2012
Need a way to 'sniff' if a scratchlive deck is playing or paused, perhaps a small utility to see what colour the on screen 'play button' is, then feed this info out to bome's then bome's can to the 'if/then', then write something to decide what to do with keys shift I & K.
DJ BoNez052 11:54 AM - 12 April, 2012
Can any of these methods map my Gemini CNTRL 7 to Serato djintro?
Jason Slack 3:50 PM - 4 June, 2012
Also works with the new Vestax VCI-380 :)

Quote:

<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="26" key="ctrl" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="68" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="69" />
djBern 1:20 AM - 5 June, 2012
Nice! Thanks for that.

I'm planning to trade in my NS6 for the VCI-380 soon!
VinnyBlanc 1:42 AM - 5 June, 2012
I'm also considering swapping out the ns6 for the vci380. Does anyone have a video of the vci380 controlling ssl?
DIABLILLO 3:30 AM - 6 June, 2012
Hello, someone speaks Spanish? my English is bad, I use the google translator, I set the VMS4 american dj, I configured denon, but american dj I can not, help please. thanks to all
wadup 1:04 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
I'm also considering swapping out the ns6 for the vci380. Does anyone have a video of the vci380 controlling ssl?

bump
Jason Slack 5:58 PM - 20 June, 2012
@wadup made this quickly
J.J. 7:14 AM - 6 July, 2012
Does anyone know how to get the pitch sliders on the VCI-380 to work correctly in SSL? Maybe it's the same as the VCI-300? I wasn't able to get the sliders to work properly on the VCI-400EGE either.

The slider is all over the place and none of these work:
data_type="Absolute 7" control="45" />
data_type="Relative Signed Bit" control="45" />
data_type="Relative Binary Offset" control="45" />
data_type="Relative 2&apos;s Complement" control="45" />
data_type="Relative OnOff" control="45" />

Could the original code for the HC4500 be a clue to a permanent layer?
Quote:
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="26" key="ctrl" />

The key="ctrl" is a layer (don't have to hold it down). It tells SSL to switch from a Scratch Platter to a Jog Wheel. I have been experimenting for hours trying to get it to work with the 4 buttons (Hot Cue, Slicer etc.) with no success.
TommyC 1:53 PM - 6 July, 2012
JJ, what have you successfully mapped, would it be possible to post the xml file so I can take a look at the code and how far you got? Also, have you looked to see how the 380 was pushing out midi signals? Are they displaying any differently than a midi device that we know that works with SSL. Another question is what version of SSL are you using with the 380. I wonder if trying a different version would solve the problem, or even trying to map the sliders to traktor to see if you have the same issue. I was looking into picking up a 380 to use with SSL and not itch, so I definitely would like to help troubleshoot these issues.
J.J. 6:21 AM - 10 July, 2012
I have mapped loops, next previous loops, loop roll, cues, delete cues, jog wheel scratch, jog wheel pitch bend, FX etc.

Traktor has the Pitch Slider as 2 MIDI commands and it works real good.
Ch.08.CC.045+Ch08.CC.013

Just wondering if anyone has successfully mapped the VCI-300 to SSL?

Jerome at Vestax said the Pitch Sliders will work perfectly on there mapping, but it has been delayed because there are no layers (modifiers) in SSL.
DjNFerna 7:22 PM - 22 July, 2012
JJ if you look at the product manual the pitch sliders are a different vaule... i think CC18
J.J. 7:52 AM - 23 July, 2012
Thanks DJNFerna, it worked. I checked out the manual.

Control___________Note Number
TEMPO (1st 14bit)___CC45
TEMPO (2nd 14bit)___CC13

Scratch Live was recognizing it as CC45. I switched it to the 2nd 14bit CC13 in the XML and it worked.

Download the VCI-380 Serato Scratch Live mapper here. www.poweronplay.com
d:raf 5:01 PM - 23 July, 2012
<adds VCI-380 to Craigslist search app>
djBern 5:15 PM - 23 July, 2012
That's great guys!

J.J., do you know if the VCI-380 shift buttons actually work as shift? I seem to recall they are seen by SSL as MIDI messages. I'd love to be able to use the shift keys and double the purpose of the controls.
J.J. 8:13 PM - 23 July, 2012
DJ Bern. The VCI-380 Shift buttons (Hot Cue, Slicer, Auto Loop, Roll) only send 1 MIDI command when pressed. Most buttons will send 2 MIDI commands. 1 for Down and 1 for UP when released. When you tell SSL to use a Shift command in the XML, it needs to have the button held down. So the VCI-380 Shift buttons works great. SSL thinks the VCI-380 buttons are being held down. HOWEVER, SSL only supports 1 Shift command at a time. So the right side Shift buttons will not work independently of the left side.

Quote:
SSL will only recognize 1 Shift Key Down at a time for all MIDI channels. Currently, the 4 Shift Buttons on the Right Top (Hot Cue, Slicer, Auto Loop, Roll) don't work. The LEFT Shift Buttons control both decks. If Serato doesn't update there MIDI, I will end up not using Shift Key's for the 4 Shift buttons. I believe this is the reason for the delay on Vestax SSL XML release.
djBern 8:19 PM - 23 July, 2012
Oh, I see. So those 4 buttons are considered shift keys? I was thinking about the other shift keys just below the pad.

Thanks for the info!
djBern 8:20 PM - 23 July, 2012
^pads
Audiohauz 6:16 AM - 25 September, 2012
Hey J.J. or to anyone that has had experience with the VCI-380 & VCI-400,

Which one of these controllers is ScratchLive friendly? I'm looking to run the outputs out of my SL1 to the inputs of either of these controllers, and use it as my all-in-one for ScratchLive. I see that the vci-380 will "platter control" but I am interested in mapping the rest of the controls as well.

How about the audio output and quality of sound? Are the mic outputs clean? I am a wedding mc/dj here in New Jersey, so sound quality is important to me. Can I run my wireless mic into the mic inputs on the controller, or would I be better off with a separate small mixer to run my mics into?

I'm currently running SL1 with a Pioneer SEP-C1 controller ( which is really nice, and is plug and play if anyone wants to know) and a 4-Channel Denon Mixer. I would like to downsize, smaller road ready case, in & out..

If anyone can school me on whether the 380 or 400 would work better and allow more control of scratchLive, I would realllyyyyy appreciate your input and advice.

Thanks and sorry for this long one....

Co
djBern 6:26 PM - 25 September, 2012
I don't have a VCI-400 so don't know much about it but I've been using my VCI-380 for all my gigs since I got it. I use it with SSL and my SL3, running through the VCI-380 as my mixer. I also mapped the buttons on the 380 to different functions, like loops, cues, and the SP6 sampler. I usually mix videos with MixEmergency so I mapped a few MixEmergency functions as well. The 380 can MIDI control both programs at the same time. I've used both mic inputs at the same time for my gigs. Don't know if it was the mic settings but it seemed that one of the mics was louder than the other one. There are no EQ controls for the mics tho, just volume so you might want to keep that in mind.

I've also mapped the platters and pitch control to SSL before (through the MIDI XML edit hack) but it's not 100% yet. If you try to save the mapping it somehow gets corrupted and the controls need to be remapped.
DJ Unique 9:14 PM - 25 September, 2012
Quote:
I don't have a VCI-400 so don't know much about it but I've been using my VCI-380 for all my gigs since I got it. I use it with SSL and my SL3, running through the VCI-380 as my mixer. I also mapped the buttons on the 380 to different functions, like loops, cues, and the SP6 sampler. I usually mix videos with MixEmergency so I mapped a few MixEmergency functions as well. The 380 can MIDI control both programs at the same time. I've used both mic inputs at the same time for my gigs. Don't know if it was the mic settings but it seemed that one of the mics was louder than the other one. There are no EQ controls for the mics tho, just volume so you might want to keep that in mind.

I've also mapped the platters and pitch control to SSL before (through the MIDI XML edit hack) but it's not 100% yet. If you try to save the mapping it somehow gets corrupted and the controls need to be remapped.

Do you get the lights to turn on using SSL.
djBern 9:50 PM - 25 September, 2012
Nope. I have to use a little lamp to see what I'm pressing in the booth, lol!
Audiohauz 11:06 PM - 25 September, 2012
Quote:

You say the platters and pitch are not 100%, have you got them to work? If you save the XML the correct way, does that solve the problem? EQ on the mic is important, not every room sounds the same, i'm sure you know. I guess you can always use a mic processor or a small quality mixer like Allen & Heath to run your 380 outputs and mic through. I also have MixEmergency but have not really used it yet, I usually run Virtual DJ along side with SSL because of the "Slideshow" feature which is really nice when we do events with TV's to play slideshows of pictures we take throughout an event. I just run it in the background when using SSL.

I don't know, I wish this stuff just "worked" lol. I have a Twitch I just bought and I really like it. I havent used it out on a gig yet. Itch is cool and fun, but I feel the stabilty and features of SSL are way better. Plus I would def need to run it through a mixer because the outputs are not sufficient to run straight into mains.

I'm looking to downsize and still be able to use SSL. I would like to use something like a 380 or 400 and call it a day. Another option I was thinking about was using my Pioneer SEP-C1 along wth something like a 380 rackmounted. Use the 380 for the mixer and midi functions and the SEP-C1 for jog wheel, play, cue. The Pioneer is a really nice unit, it works right out of the box like you would expect a dual deck cd player should. I could always use the 380 (Itch) for smaller events and just get rid of my Twitch, but I am not sure, Twitch is nice universal midi controller.. Damn sorry for rambling.. maybe you could help me out with a decision lol.

thanks for your time..

Co
J.J. 11:52 PM - 25 September, 2012
Denon and Vestax (latest models) units can use the DN-HC4500 XML to get the Jog Wheels to work. However, you must know that when releasing the Jog Wheel, their is a slight pause before the audio starts. They work great in Traktor, but SSL does not have proper Jog Wheel support, only for the HC4500. Plus, the LED ring on the 380 will never be supported in SSL. I believe it's HID out and not MIDI out.

The VCI-380 is built better than the 400. It has better faders, knobs, platter and pads. It also feels more solid. Maybe because it's a little bit smaller. Don't get me wrong, I love the 400, but the 380 is in a league of its own. Both are just 2 audio Out cards. 1 for CUE and the other for Master. The PADS on the 380 take some time to get used to because they have no click. Even though the 400 has more buttons, I'm able to do a lot more with the 380 in Traktor (4 decks, effects galore using the Pads and Jog Wheels, Color feedback for Grid, Cues, Fade-In/Out, Loops etc.) Stay tuned for videos.

With the 400, the outer channels can be used as incoming and the middle two can be used for audio out from the PC.

Itch is nice if you can get it work. If you have an external drive with a lot of songs in the playlist, good luck. Ironically, Scratch Live handles it with ease and no hiccups. It helps to have an expensive MAC as well.

The sound quality on the VCI-380 is nice. I haven't done to much testing on the 2 Mic Ins though. 1 of them is XLR input and the other is 1/4". They are NOT combo XLR-1/4" inputs. If you use the Mics a lot, it is frustrating to turn the volume up and down in the back of the unit. No EQ's for the mics as well. This is from Vestax website.
Quote:
AMAZING SOUND
The built in high quality 24Bit/48kHz audio interface based on technology developed with the critically acclaimed Vestax VCI-400, features BIT-Perfect audio powered by a studio grade asynchronous USB streaming system. This extremely advanced technology provides low latency, premium sound quality and outputs your mix, analog or digital, at its true clarity. Some say seeing is believing. For the VCI-380, listening is believing.

Download my mappers here.
www.poweronplay.com
Audiohauz 7:53 AM - 26 September, 2012
Quote:
Denon and Vestax (latest models) units can use the DN-HC4500 XML to get the Jog Wheels to work. However, you must know that when releasing the Jog Wheel, their is a slight pause before the audio starts.

You say that there is a pause when releasing the jog wheel, does it pause when scratching or nudging (pitch bending)? I'm not too concerned with scratching, but I do use the jog wheel to bend tracks in sync. If it would pause when im trying to beat match then that would be a problem. I don't use pitch bend + / - buttons.

A few guys I work with use the Denon MC6000. They use Virtual DJ because they are PC guys and we do a lot of weddings with LED TV's playing slideshows, photo montages, and video. I think Virtual DJ is more stable on PC than Mac with my experience. I was originally attracted to this unit but I have this peeve with Denon. I messed with the DN-HC4500 on Virtual DJ, for some reason, when I hit play, there is milliseconds of a delay before it actually plays, like you have to time it right. With my Pioneer SEP-C1, and even when I had the Numark DMC2, both used with SSL, hitting play was instant..? Could it be because I was using Virtual DJ? I even noticed that problem when I had their dual deck cd players before using DVS ( the 4500 and the one model above that ). Or could it be the actual buttons that are on the Denon units? Anyone map the MC6000 to SSL? I saw an Italian guy on youtube using it and with video which is nice.

Now I'm concerned about Itch and it's stability with the vci380. Did anyone mess with the new update that just came out? I keep my songs on an external, firewire, can you test out the 380 with this new update and see how it reacts with playlists that have music on an external drive, J.J.?

The more research I do on this unit, the more I think I want it. I mean, what is the best controller out there that I can use with SSL?
deepdjdanny 8:04 AM - 26 September, 2012
Quote:
Denon and Vestax (latest models) units can use the DN-HC4500 XML to get the Jog Wheels to work. However, you must know that when releasing the Jog Wheel, their is a slight pause before the audio starts. They work great in Traktor, but SSL does not have proper Jog Wheel support, only for the HC4500. Plus, the LED ring on the 380 will never be supported in SSL. I believe it's HID out and not MIDI out./quote]

JJ what about your Pioneer SEP-C1 is there a slight pause after releasing jog wheel?
Audiohauz 9:12 AM - 26 September, 2012
I have the SEP-C1 and no, there is no pause. it works just like any other Pioneer CDJ. VInyl mode and Jog Mode. And you can midi map the buttons in the middle. Best dual deck controller for Serato Scratch, as it works natively.
raequan 3:26 PM - 26 September, 2012
i think vestax is on to something

Watchwww.youtube.com
TommyC 3:53 PM - 26 September, 2012
Hopefully what we are seeing is true and that is ScratchLive with native midi map from Vestex. What I truly question though is that all the lights on the VCI are active... Can this be achieved in SL since there is no midi out to light up the buttons?
wadup 4:23 PM - 26 September, 2012
Quote:
i think vestax is on to something

Watchwww.youtube.com

He's using itch when he was scratching on the Vci 380..... He was using ssl when scratching on the turn tables and vci 380 stand alone mixer....nothing new is happening here folks
J.J. 5:43 AM - 12 October, 2012
If you release the platter while back scratching, there is no delay. But if your used to a 1200, you never release a platter in the back scratch. You always nudge it forward so it will keep playing. If you nudge the platter forward on the HC4500 xml, it will slightly pause (slow down) the track, then keep playing.

2 years to find this proper Cue. Here it is.
Quote:
<Control name="Controller Cue Button A" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="22" />

While paused it will create a temp cue. While playing it will jump to the temp cue. Like the DN-HC4500 and most CDJ's. This way, you don't have to use to MIDI buttons. 1 to create a temp cue and another to jump to temp cue.

This will make the Jogs forward/reverse the track really fast. Using a shift key (while holding down) and rotate the jogs. Hopefully, Serato will add BeatJump soon.
Quote:
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Control Change" control="69" data_type="Relative 2&apos;s Complement" reversed="true" on_modifier="Custom Modifier"/>
danielthewave 5:39 PM - 12 October, 2012
dj-lab.de

theres now a mapping available at vestax that gives you full control over
Jogwheels
Hot Cues
Manual Loop
Auto Loop
Roll
Pad FX
Channel FX
Sampler
Display parameter changes
Pitch Range adjust
Complete browsing section

for serato with the vci-380
www.vestax.de
raequan 2:36 PM - 17 October, 2012
thanks j j for the proper cue xml
prizo 2:04 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Itch is nice if you can get it work. If you have an external drive with a lot of songs in the playlist, good luck. Ironically, Scratch Live handles it with ease and no hiccups. It helps to have an expensive MAC as well.

JJ, I had no idea that was why I was having so many problems with itch. Def thorn in my side. Like you said, when it works its great. Love this unit, just need to tighten up drum pad sensitivity and eliminate a glitch i have been having with where music hiccups once a gig. I have been using the original itch for vci-380. Been scared to upgrade cuz in itch it always causes more problems. Anyone vouch for itch 2.2 with a macbook i5 and this unit??
Audiohauz 8:59 AM - 28 November, 2012
I hooked up a Pioneer DDJ-SX to Scratch Live to try and map whatever I could. I didn't have any luck with it at first, but then I found the SSL mapping for the VCI-380 and applied it to the DDJ-SX and started replacing some control notes and numbers.

I fed the DDJ-SX through midi pipe to see what midi messages the left platter was sending.
This is what the vci-380 mapping shows in the xml:
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="68" /><Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Control Change" control="69" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="8" event_type="Control Change" control="69" data_type="Relative 2&apos;s Complement" reversed="true" on_modifier="Jog Scroll Button"/>
<Control name="Platter Control Left" key="ctrl" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="26" />

I replaced the "control" numbers with what I found for the ddj-sx for the left platter. Touching the platter gave me "note-on=54"
Moving the platter gave me a control change of 34
Side of platter gave me a control change of 33
All on midi channel 1

I saved the xml and loaded it up in SSL and I got movement of the left platter with the DDJ-SX! Here is what I did:

<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="54" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="34" data_type="Relative Binary Offset" />
<Control name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="34" data_type="Relative 2&apos;s Complement" reversed="true" on_modifier="Jog Scroll Button"/>
<Control name="Platter Control Left" key="ctrl" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="33" />

I feel like I'm on to something but Im getting stuck because the left platter on the ddj-sx moves the left deck in SSL very slow and fine. It is moving but there's got to be a way.

Has anyone tried to map the ddj-sx to SSL? Maybe someone can add to my findings or might know what to do to get it working. The vci-380 mapping for the platters uses the same platter type for the Denon DN-HC4500, so i just copied and pasted with the ddj-sx hooked up and replaced the numbers that were being sent from the ddj-sx.
I would really love this to work. Some food for thought
phatbob 1:38 PM - 28 November, 2012
The question is, why would you bother? Itch was limited compared to SL, but Serato DJ is very, very close in features. Unless cuepoint labels are a total deal breaker for you, I don't see the point.
WarpNote 1:56 PM - 28 November, 2012
Bridge?
deepdjdanny 4:03 PM - 28 November, 2012
Quote:
The question is, why would you bother?

DVS.
deepdjdanny 4:03 PM - 28 November, 2012
;)
phatbob 6:04 PM - 28 November, 2012
No need to map the jogs then.
Audiohauz 6:20 PM - 28 November, 2012
Quote:
The question is, why would you bother? Itch was limited compared to SL, but Serato DJ is very, very close in features. Unless cuepoint labels are a total deal breaker for you, I don't see the point.

Bridge, Rane Interface, & the amount of FX options. I'm thinking about getting a VCI-380 just because I can use it with Scratch Live. Don't get me wrong, The ddj-sx and Serato Dj is on the rise, and I'm sure more FX and options will be added in the future.

Plus its a project...
WarpNote 6:28 PM - 28 November, 2012
Audiohauz, please check your PM's.
Audiohauz 8:11 PM - 28 November, 2012
I got the platters to work on the DDJ-SX for SSL. I downloaded latest update for SSL and platters are working, they just don't back spin continuously. Cues are mapped, as well as the play button. Temp Cue I gotto work on...
nik39 1:29 AM - 29 November, 2012
Nice!
deepdjdanny 9:49 AM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:

Quote:

ScratchLive is still a DVS at it's core. :)

Quote:
Bridge, Rane Interface, & the amount of FX options.

yep, and because of ^this. :)

Quote:
...just because I can use it with Scratch Live.

that's precisely what i'm doin'. :)

Quote:
The ddj-sx and Serato Dj is on the rise, and I'm sure more FX and options will be added in the future.

...though Serato DJ may never become a DVS. :|
...and ScratchLive has always been. :)

Quote:
Plus its a project...

which is cool & it's what I'm about. :)
just adding more working stuff to a DVS that just plain old works. :D

deepdjdanny 9:50 AM - 29 November, 2012
...quote coyote toyota
J.J. 11:25 PM - 3 December, 2012
Does anyone know how to do the DN-HC4500 A1 and A2 loop in XML?

A1 is tied to Loop 1 and A2 is tied to Loop 2. When A1 is empty, it starts the Loop In... B to Loop Out. When A1 has a saved looped, it jumps to that loop and turns the loop on.
J.J. 10:19 PM - 15 February, 2013
Above question answered thanks to TommyC. Unfortunately, you cannot jump to Loops 3-9 like 1 & 2.

Quote:
<midi>
<Control name="Denon A1 Button B" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="29" />
<Control name="Loop Out Adjust Button B" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="31" />
</midi>
DJMINGIA 3:03 PM - 14 March, 2013
Anyone know what the proper text is for platter control of deck 3 when using an SL4? I tried Platter Control Deck 3, Platter Control DAW 3, and others, but no luck.

There are XML lines available for decks 1 + 2 to control platters (<Control name="Platter Control Left", <Control name="Platter Control Right etc..) , so, what word do I need to replace the word Left (or Right) with? Other functions for decks 3 + 4 can be MIDI controlled even when they are secondary decks. Thanks.
radikarl 9:46 AM - 15 March, 2013
not possible.
you can have any two decks by selecting the primary decks in the setup. but never more than two
KNSA 1:15 PM - 24 March, 2013
Hello

As i'm french, i read french forums, but they say that it's impossible to make jogg wheels works without a native product. As far as i understand english, i assume that you are better than frenchies!
I m not fluent in english, but in reading thoses posts, i guess it's possible, but I would know if you can map every controler's platters (i understood that i must have SL1, and i have it)

I want a cheap controler (like VCI 100? to get a good croos fader) for scratching (i love it) with scratchlive, (it's for fun and to make private parties without bring my technics and mixer all times).

Can you tell me which cheap or used controler i have to buy?

Appologises for my "french english" language.

Thanks
DJMINGIA 3:10 AM - 25 March, 2013
Quote:
don't know about the resolution of the sc-2000 pitch slider, but SSL accepts 14 bit CC if you change the code in the XML from "absolute_7" to "absolute_14"

Where and how would this code be written in the XML file?
ral 2:48 PM - 31 May, 2013
mapping for scratch live and vci-400 please?
Dilal 2:11 AM - 4 August, 2013
Hi, Does anyone know how to map the following on to scratch live

Behringher CMD Studio
Vesta VCI - 400

Does it affect serato if playing with normal equipment (turntables/CD) after the settings have been changed
lupo81 8:17 PM - 10 October, 2013
hello, someone has managed to do so with the VMS4.1?
lupo81 9:49 AM - 10 January, 2014
are almost able to use the jog VMS4.1 to control two bridges,
Serato Scratch Live Vinyl mode and field! However, the jog (from what I understand) are high definition and give a pulse output that Scratch LIVE is not able to develop,
scratch live draw values ​​0-63 in a clockwise direction and 64 to 127 for the counter-clockwise rotation, then doing a full turn to jog, the audio track goes back and forth about forty times,
and saving the configuration changes me relative 2's complement to relative 2aposcomplement... what?!?
lupo81 9:51 AM - 10 January, 2014
thank's radikarl!!!!!!!!!!!!
deepdjdanny 1:12 AM - 12 January, 2014
what just happened lupo81?
WarpNote 9:49 AM - 12 January, 2014
So, anyone managed to manually contriol midi platters in sdj, with a non certified controller?
WarpNote 9:50 AM - 12 January, 2014
Basically looking to use SC2000 and SL4 with SDJ....
lupo81 7:17 PM - 14 January, 2014
"So, anyone managed to manually contriol midi platters in sdj, with a non certified controller?"
not really ... ssl 2.5 does not process the pulse train output from the jog as I would like,
making a full circle to jog the track goes back and forth a Qarantina of times, I'm trying to solve
lupo81 10:49 PM - 15 January, 2014
update ...
turning on the controller while holding cue-play-pause is "enable" mode and low latency midi with this code by rotating the jog dial (clockwise or counterclockwise)
the track is fairly well controlled but only (obviously) in the direction specified by "reverse true or false."

<midi>
<Platter Type="Denon DN-HC4500" />
<Control Name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" key="ctrl" />
<Control Name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="79" />
<Control Name="Platter Control Left" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Relative OnOff" control="48" reversed="true" />
</ midi>
DJ EXODUZ 7:36 AM - 11 June, 2014
Anyone for ns6
ametjenesnemaan 8:49 PM - 3 July, 2014
TUTORIAL: youtu.be
dus 1:04 AM - 7 November, 2014
please any one ,did anyone map sc 2000 for serato dj
radikarl 9:04 AM - 7 April, 2015
on it... :D
DJNickieK 6:19 AM - 20 April, 2015
question. i have the ddjsz and two denon 3900s
is there a midi map out there to use the 3900s as channels 3 and 4?
i got audio playback correct, just no midi functions.
running them in hybrid mode.
thanks!
radikarl 1:38 PM - 28 May, 2015
TommyC 2:02 PM - 28 May, 2015
Well done Radikarl! That is awesome. Thank you for sharing!
DJ Unique 6:48 AM - 29 May, 2015

Great job Radikarl
Mutis Mayfield 8:49 AM - 2 June, 2015
Very interesting... Also I saw you like quartz coding...

Do you know about the manstieri work?
mansteri.com

I hope you find useful in your develops... ;)
Mutis Mayfield 8:54 AM - 2 June, 2015
Checking the comments in Manstieri web I notice Radikarl was here too.

Well I hope it will useful to other users too ;)
Culprit 7:11 PM - 10 April, 2018
Bump babies.

Rane Twelve time to hack for SSL. I'll probably consider buying two units. I have no real interest in the Rane 72, or Phase to be honest.

If anyone is or has attempted, this would be a good post to start. And thank you to Radikarl for the insight.
slimmjimm 10:39 PM - 10 April, 2018
Quote:
Bump babies.

Rane Twelve time to hack for SSL. I'll probably consider buying two units. I have no real interest in the Rane 72, or Phase to be honest.

If anyone is or has attempted, this would be a good post to start. And thank you to Radikarl for the insight.

I really would love this since I’m an SSL holdout, but I’m honestly trying to move along now since it’s been gone for a bit.
NAWTY NASH 5:09 AM - 11 April, 2018
hi guyz.. has any one had success with mapping the jogs on a S4
Culprit 7:49 AM - 11 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Bump babies.

I really would love this since I’m an SSL holdout, but I’m honestly trying to move along now since it’s been gone for a bit.

I love Serato DJ but wouldn't mind support for SSL, meaning hacked unsupported support that is lol