DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What is the dj biz coming to?

djlj 6:18 PM - 25 September, 2010
Old news is old.

Promoters and club owners will stick anyone (or anything) behind some equipment and say they're a DJ if it will bring in customers.
Henry GQ 6:31 PM - 25 September, 2010
haha i seen that too. a dj friend of mine posted on his FB. i nearly cried when he thought it was cool. theres a video of him learning how to dj. hes totally looking at the screen the whole time. just another pauly d.
bill-e 6:32 PM - 25 September, 2010
is serato y2k ready???
jevo9 9:25 PM - 25 September, 2010
I am thinking of being a sheriff's deputy! lol of course djing will always be part of me i will not stop. Generally you gotta hustle to get upthere with the top dj's. At time djing seems like it's a popularity contest as if we were still in high school.
Nick Hogan 11:30 PM - 8 October, 2010
hey guys...yes its me for real ill even go post it on my verified twitter that its me if you really want confirmation

im not looking to come into this well respected business and try to be the best...itll never happen maybe by the time im 50...doubtful but possible

anyways i just wanted to come here and state my reasons for stepping into YOUR world

..i have played drums since i was 10 years old (not very good but i can play) so music has always been a part of my life
..i love having this outlet for my creativity and for the past few years i have been very interested in learning how to mix records
..i enjoy it...everyday i try to practice a minimum of an hour or two just to have fun and relax myself and fall into the music
..i want to learn more...i really love scratching because it allows my creativity to go nuts making new sounds and putting different sounds together

DJPM and dj ernie g have been teaching me alot of cool scratches and mix techniques to make my mixes alot better (my personal favorites at the transform and crab scratch) <----the crab scratch kicks my ass tho! just cant do it yet

i do this for the fun and i love it

also i will admit that i do use serato 99% of the time...but dj ernie g has been working with me and bringing me old school vinyls to play with and learn on so i can also understand and respect what every REAL dj did before serato

anyways i typed this to let you guys know that im not trying to be some punk making djs look bad and really just want to learn and learn and learn and become a well respected member of this great community

thanks guys

-nick

@nickhogan4real on twitter
beatdown 12:27 AM - 9 October, 2010
^^ Hey Nick, respect for being up front and humble - thats how every new DJ should be.

P.S. If there is ever a celebrity dj reality show, I hope you lay a smackdown to Pauly D. someday.

...if you're real.
SuckaDJ 12:34 AM - 9 October, 2010
doesn't any any realer than that^

CONFIRMED!
Dj Shamann 12:52 AM - 9 October, 2010
I can dig it, as long as you keep the right attitude I say go for it.
DJ TOGTFO 1:00 AM - 9 October, 2010
I really dont care if youre trying to DJ. Good luck. All I gotta say is you had some DOPE Supras... Did you keep them as TT's or did you just put one big ass turbo in them?
bill-e 1:03 AM - 9 October, 2010
dang right after this thread dude was all over the news
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:04 AM - 9 October, 2010
I LOVE it when cats come on here and speak FOR THEMSELVES...
djlj 1:52 AM - 9 October, 2010
Respect to Nick for coming here and posting.

You're going to have haters man. At the end of the day, you're getting fame off the name. What you do with the opportunity you've been given is what will define you.

Best of luck!
slimmjimm 2:50 AM - 9 October, 2010
Quote:
I LOVE it when cats come on here and speak FOR THEMSELVES...

+1

Respect
Nick Hogan 5:14 AM - 9 October, 2010
thanks for the kind words...
again like i said im not trying to proove something...just having fun :)
skratchworx 7:25 AM - 9 October, 2010
Quote:

And that sentiment sir is what too many DJs have forgotten. It should be fun and not just a job.

Welcome to the scene. I think you made a lot of friends today.
Kool DJ Sheak One 7:36 AM - 9 October, 2010
I give Dj lessons to celebrities at an affordable rate!
MrTM2 8:58 AM - 9 October, 2010
Quote:

+1 Glad to see someone getting joy out of it. :)
djlj 2:56 PM - 9 October, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

Mash that up with something. It would be HUGE.

Make sure to give me a tiny bit of credit when you do that, Nick! lol
Thundercat 3:45 PM - 9 October, 2010
I am so glad this thread evolved the way it did. Thanks Nick for speaking up and offering the craft the respect so many overnight dj's seem to forget. I won't hate on the new kids or their hustle, but those that come at it like you are will actually get my support. Keep the records spinnin...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:47 PM - 9 October, 2010
And where were YOU last night Mr? ^^^
Thundercat 3:52 PM - 9 October, 2010
I had some things to take care of, but Cary and Kagen held it down. Bet the place didn't miss a beat.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:08 PM - 9 October, 2010
Remember his other hobby drifting and straight into a wall so I imagine this one will end up the same.

Also Nick, how was jail, get raped?
Mr. Goodkat 7:10 PM - 9 October, 2010
hopefully he wont drive any of his homies home after a gig.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:15 PM - 9 October, 2010
I believe he is still banned and also on probation, so watch out they might lock you back up for being a wack dj
SuckaDJ 7:15 PM - 9 October, 2010
i know it's the interweb and you can say anything without being seen face to face yada yada.. but last two posts, uncalled for. Very mature guys, GROW UP! You two MUST be 18 years old or under.
SuckaDJ 7:16 PM - 9 October, 2010
Shit happens and this isn't something you shouldmake fun of people aboutt
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:21 PM - 9 October, 2010
Well I saw him on that show back in the day and it was only a matter of time before he wraped it around a pole so say what you want he was an accident waiting to happen and i'm sure if anyone else got a chance to do the drifting they would have had more training so again just cause of who is is and his dad's bank roll he got into pro and showed he shouldn't even be stock car racing by trashing that viper, so I don't think any of it is uncalled for.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:27 PM - 9 October, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

the best part is him at the end, Nick you didn't win and the objective wasn't to wreck the car
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:44 PM - 9 October, 2010
Wow DJ Sparky, you're a looser. Wasn't nobody even goin' that route.

Where's YOUR reality TV show Sparky?
Nick Hogan 8:28 PM - 9 October, 2010
Wow

Well Almost all of you guys are very cool and I respect you for that.

Guys that say negative things...your comments won't make me stop mixing and they never will...your comments, time and negative energy is only wasted ....
djlj 8:48 PM - 9 October, 2010
Be cool, Sparky. Otherwise, Nick won't let you open for him. lol
DJ TOGTFO 11:54 PM - 9 October, 2010
I bet Nicks Dad could beat up Sparky's dad in a fight.
Thundercat 11:56 PM - 9 October, 2010
LMAO!
mastermind 12:16 AM - 10 October, 2010
Nick... i understand you have found something that makes your adrenalin pump (NH,NM)
do what you do and when you think your good enough work even harder. Here in the serato forums the majority of us are Dicks and smart asses, but some of us know a thing or two about this art form. Take the good with the bad.
DCD 12:24 AM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

And that sentiment sir is what too many DJs have forgotten. It should be fun and not just a job.

Welcome to the scene. I think you made a lot of friends today.

Whoa whoa, non-elitist attitude on the Serato forums? Get outta here.
jevo9 12:29 AM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

^ beautiful cars!! i wish i had the money to throw on one of these bad boys. With that said personally we are all entitled to what we want to do. This is a whole diffent thing and it wasnt ok to bring it up sparky. Anyhow keep djing nick get better and earn your respect like most of the guys on here.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:13 AM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:

LOL!
Nicky Blunt 1:37 AM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:

hahaha thats the funniest shit ever!!!!
DJSHARK 5:01 AM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
I can dig it, as long as you keep the right attitude I say go for it.

AMEN
O.B.1 6:23 AM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
^^ Hey Nick, respect for being up front and humble - thats how every new DJ should be.

P.S. If there is ever a celebrity dj reality show, I hope you lay a smackdown to Pauly D. someday.

+1

Steel-Cage match... No Holds Barred!!!
the doc of funk dj rod 6:31 AM - 10 October, 2010
much respect to Nick for keeping it real bro, keep at it and i wish Hulk well, nothing can keep the hulkster down, get well soon.
DJ Johnny Falvelo 10:26 AM - 10 October, 2010
Hi Nick - Good for you taking to DJ'ing as a creative outlet. Don't listen to the negative comments on this or any web site forum. I've met your sister when she was promoting her album as I was the Music Director for a top 40 station in Phoenix. She was very nice to me in studio. It seems like you have the same humble personality, either way it doesn't matter what I think or anyone on this board thinks. Just do your thing and enjoy whatever makes you happy in life. The internet is such a haven for negative input and this site is no different than any other public opinion forum.

Again, good luck and enjoy your new outlet.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:08 AM - 10 October, 2010
Call it negative all you want but all of what I said is true.
Hassle 1:12 PM - 10 October, 2010
ho cogan
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:08 PM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
Call it negative all you want but all of what I said is true.

What does ANYTHING YOU'VE SAID HAVE TO DO WITH HIM DJ'ING?

Nothing. You're gossiping like a girl.

Man up.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:13 PM - 10 October, 2010
And I just watched that video for the 1st time.

Dude, how can you CRACK, when NOBODY will even let to you close to a car of that caliber?

You probably don't even have a valid license.

Go browze TMZ or something, that was real bitchmade of you. Seriously.
Thundercat 3:14 PM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
gossiping like a girl.
Quote:

Man up.

icwutudidthar
Banana_Peter 3:51 PM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
hey guys...yes its me for real ill even go post it on my verified twitter that its me if you really want confirmation

im not looking to come into this well respected business and try to be the best...itll never happen maybe by the time im 50...doubtful but possible

anyways i just wanted to come here and state my reasons for stepping into YOUR world

..i have played drums since i was 10 years old (not very good but i can play) so music has always been a part of my life
..i love having this outlet for my creativity and for the past few years i have been very interested in learning how to mix records
..i enjoy it...everyday i try to practice a minimum of an hour or two just to have fun and relax myself and fall into the music
..i want to learn more...i really love scratching because it allows my creativity to go nuts making new sounds and putting different sounds together

DJPM and dj ernie g have been teaching me alot of cool scratches and mix techniques to make my mixes alot better (my personal favorites at the transform and crab scratch) <----the crab scratch kicks my ass tho! just cant do it yet

i do this for the fun and i love it

also i will admit that i do use serato 99% of the time...but dj ernie g has been working with me and bringing me old school vinyls to play with and learn on so i can also understand and respect what every REAL dj did before serato

anyways i typed this to let you guys know that im not trying to be some punk making djs look bad and really just want to learn and learn and learn and become a well respected member of this great community

thanks guys

-nick

@nickhogan4real on twitter

DUDE IS YOUR SISTER SINGLE?
Banana_Peter 3:56 PM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:

I don't know...Sparky's dad is The Iron Sheik..
CMOS 5:10 PM - 10 October, 2010
Wow this thread turned into a dick-ride-a-thon.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:24 PM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:

I don't really think so, I see a cat that got called out, came here (which he didn't have to do), stated his case, the Elders reviewed it, and co-signed it, and then DJ TMZ came up in here to hate.
Djaward 8:27 PM - 10 October, 2010
this is one of the funniest threads Ive ever seen on Serato.
SuckaDJ 12:40 AM - 11 October, 2010
^ hope you're not being serious. my dad can beat up your dad etc etc, it's not THAT funny. being hogan n all, it's a little funny, but funniest? nah, maybe that's just me though
Doctorjon 2:31 AM - 11 October, 2010
Quote:

Wow just wow.
Doctorjon 2:31 AM - 11 October, 2010
Nobody can say anything nice about anyone lol.
DJ'Que 6:52 AM - 11 October, 2010
Quote:
much respect for posting replys on here.
kaput 8:51 AM - 11 October, 2010
i bet some u guys secretly wished u were famous dj, so u hate on famous ppl that become djs
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:55 AM - 11 October, 2010
Quote:
i bet some u guys secretly wished u were famous dj, so u hate on famous ppl that become djs

Don't get it twisted. MOST of those "Famous" people that become "DJ's" don't have a real respect for the "Art".

At least this guy says it "In Print", which is a million light years better than the others, and he's HERE, so I vote we give him the benefit of the doubt, for the moment.

However, time will tell.
The Real DJ Pauly D 3:11 PM - 11 October, 2010
I think he should stay in his lane, just because you get famous from being on a TV show or having famous relatives dosent mean you can just hop over into whatever avenue you want. If you like spinning by all means keep it up but leave the real venues to the professionals.

-Pauly D
- twitter.com/paulydelvecchio
The Real DJ Pauly D 3:12 PM - 11 October, 2010
Quote:

It's not all its cracked up to be, as soon as you get a little light all the crabs come out of the bucket trying to pull you right back in. All you can do is stay humble and keep doing your thing.

-Pauly D
- twitter.com/paulydelvecchio
Nicky Blunt 4:11 PM - 11 October, 2010
humble? Wow
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:37 PM - 11 October, 2010
you didnt know, paulys a humble dude... www.bestweekever.tv
Joshua Carl 8:35 PM - 11 October, 2010
Nick, your dad owes me 5.00 and 2hours for seeing Suburban Commando. ;)

great move and post here man... thats a great way to start a young career in the
proper direction... props.

good luck.
Henry GQ 2:52 AM - 12 October, 2010
@nick hogan

here comes the hate..

ur just another celebrity trying to cash in on the dj biz. if u were serious about this art. u would get good at it before u started trying to make money. u would perfect ur skill before booking gigs, but ur booking gigs and playin shows when u suck. u DISRESPECT all the hardworking djs that got famous by just being really fucking good. this is just another pitstop in ur life... if u had ur pops money u wouldnt even bother with djing. at least pauly d was a dj before he landed the show... and he was right for capitalizing on his fame.

ur fake as fuck and u bring this industry down. go fuckin play drums. go fuckin wrestle ur dad. and i never played ur sisters corny ass music. shes a sell out and so are you.

i was born in st pete and lived in clearwater. everyone there thinks ur piece of shit.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:10 AM - 12 October, 2010
You can't make this stuff up.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:13 AM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:

here comes the hate..

At least he prefaced it..
djchrischip 3:26 AM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

here comes the hate..

At least he prefaced it..

haha
dj poisonous handz 4:24 AM - 12 October, 2010
www.bestweekever.tv isn't this the chick who sang love is a battlefield?
Manny C dot com 7:48 AM - 12 October, 2010
Nick, some of these comments don't even warrant a response. Don't get pulled in.
Henry GQ 8:08 AM - 12 October, 2010
whos next ?
Real and Chance from VH1s real chance of love ?

why not brett michaels. he plays guitar. why not he be a dj ?
or how about 6 pack from the vh1. i mean.. its all good.

kim kardashian ? and chloe ? fuck it sponge bob can be a dj too LOL

how about Mike Rowe from dirty jobs. he can host a new show called. "im a c- celeb and wanna make money off my so called "celeb" being a wack ass dj. but people might think im good cuz they see me on tv. LOL

im not being fooled. yall can be suckas and feed into this crock of shit.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:56 AM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:

im not being fooled. yall can be suckas and feed into this crock of shit.

You're really leveling on hater status...

But it's not like you didn't warn us.

BTW, Kim Kardashian can DEF be a DJ, but not Khloe.
slimmjimm 12:37 PM - 12 October, 2010
[quote}

Um, did you accidentally use the wrong letter?
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:35 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:

it would be a crime against humanity to put that ass behing a booth.....mabye if they found a way to raise the tables up in front of her face so you could only see the bottom half....and she djed facing AWAY from the crowd
Banana_Peter 2:43 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

BTW, Kim Kardashian can DEF be a DJ

Gawd imagine how many NBA and NFL ballers would show up to that gig
Banana_Peter 2:45 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
whos next ?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:48 PM - 12 October, 2010
Banana_Peter 2:52 PM - 12 October, 2010
Let's say you are a famous DJ and if Hollywood contacted you to be in a movie about djing, would you take the offer? Even though you may not have any experience in acting? And I am not taking about short cameo like DJ AM's appearance in Iron Man. I'm talking about you actually having a script.
Or do you keep it real by not taking the acting gig?
Banana_Peter 2:55 PM - 12 October, 2010
Like Purple Rain except it's a dj scene. You play the character of a local dj who lives in a broken home with alcoholic parents trying to make it in the dj world. But you will have Morris Day hating on you in the movie. We HAVE to have Morris Day in this film.
Banana_Peter 2:59 PM - 12 October, 2010
If you think you can make good money on doing something, fuck go for it and give your best. There will ALWAYS be haters no matter how well you do. I have people hating on me currently on my success.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:00 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Let's say you are a famous DJ and if Hollywood contacted you to be in a movie about djing, would you take the offer? Even though you may not have any experience in acting? And I am not taking about short cameo like DJ AM's appearance in Iron Man. I'm talking about you actually having a script.

the difference is in that case hollywood is contacting you....a more accurate senario for this situation would be as follows; if you were a famous dj would you call tv studios, show up out front and demand to be in movies because people already know you as a dj, then demand the lead role once you get an offer
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:04 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
If you think you can make good money on doing something, fuck go for it and give your best. There will ALWAYS be haters no matter how well you do. I have people hating on me currently on my success.

what kinda success are you having...arent you the same DJ who was considering quitting because you couldnt get it right not to long ago then looked into autosunv?? (not dissin him these were real threads LOL)
Banana_Peter 3:04 PM - 12 October, 2010
Maybe their managers contacted the clubs? or your manager contacted Hollywood about its client wanting to be in a movie?
We can't really say who contacted who, but you're right, but it seems that people are blaming the wananbe djs more than let's say their managers and/or club owners.
Banana_Peter 3:05 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

what kinda success are you having...arent you the same DJ who was considering quitting because you couldnt get it right not to long ago then looked into autosunv?? (not dissin him these were real threads LOL)

lol I should have mentioned that NOT successful in being a DJ. I've turned down gigs because I suck so bad hahah
Banana_Peter 3:06 PM - 12 October, 2010
I'm just saying if opportunity knocks on your door, take it if you think you can do a good job and can be happy with it. There's always someone out there who think they can do better than you and that you shouldn't have this opportunity
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:07 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Maybe their managers contacted the clubs? or your manager contacted Hollywood about its client wanting to be in a movie?
We can't really say who contacted who, but you're right, but it seems that people are blaming the wananbe djs more than let's say their managers and/or club owners.

oh its 100% the mangers and club goers fault, if the club goers werent going then the managers wouldnt hire em. As far as the club goes its a good move and pulls in some money, cant hate that, but i think it brings the art form down alot. You used to go see a GREAT dj play and youd be impressed and want that from your local cats, now they pay double the money to see an actor or reality start barley make a set then want THAT from their local dj. Italso does suck to see someone use their fame to fast track it past people who have put in the blood sweat and tears....eaten their vitamins every morning and said their prayers (LOL)
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:08 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
We HAVE to have Morris Day in this film.

+1

it would be better to get Morris Day up in this thread though
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:10 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
I'm just saying if opportunity knocks on your door, take it if you think you can do a good job and can be happy with it. There's always someone out there who think they can do better than you and that you shouldn't have this opportunity

I agree, if the opprituniy knocks take it, pauly d was a dj and had an oppritunity to jump to the big leagues, oppritunity knocked on his door.....situations like this noones knocking on their door, their just showin up unvited and walking into the party
beatdown 5:51 PM - 12 October, 2010
I guess what surprises me is how strong the negative reactions are to these celebrity DJs... I mean, yes, Pauly D being on the best DJ list is ridiculous, but are these guys taking gigs away from anyone here?

AW MAN, I WAS GOING TO SPIN AT DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTERS POOL PARTY BUT NICK HOGAN STOLE MY GIG! Please.

Neither Pauly D. nor Nick Hogan, nor any celebrity DJ threatens your residency in Erie PA (Henry) or your mobile gigs in Ireland (Sparky).
SuckaDJ 6:13 PM - 12 October, 2010
^ Exactly
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:21 PM - 12 October, 2010
I hope his pops goes to Ireland and whoops Sparky's dad.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:40 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
I guess what surprises me is how strong the negative reactions are to these celebrity DJs... I mean, yes, Pauly D being on the best DJ list is ridiculous, but are these guys taking gigs away from anyone here?

AW MAN, I WAS GOING TO SPIN AT DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTERS POOL PARTY BUT NICK HOGAN STOLE MY GIG! Please.

Neither Pauly D. nor Nick Hogan, nor any celebrity DJ threatens your residency in Erie PA (Henry) or your mobile gigs in Ireland (Sparky).

to me its not about having your residency threatened its about the further watering down of the DJ brand, thats why i acutually like the idea of pauly D more than NH here because D decided to be a DJ, worked on it, stayed with it, (figured out he sucked lol hehe) then found an angle to get himeself in the door. He had a passion and made it happen. What i dont like are the celebs who are at the end of their "careers" and see DJing as the easy in, just another gimik to make some cash and keep their face on TMZ.

You can compare the DJ industry to the wrestling industry now. Back in its prime wrestlers took it serious and everyone kept up the act, it was an insider thing, and if you were a celeb or some joker who didnt have the skills to cut it they wouldnt let you in or youd take some real bumps in the ring, the wrestlers would make SURE you didnt wanna get back in with em. Hell ill try to find the video but theres footage of the hulkster himself chokin out a TV talkshow host on "acident" who was making fun and talking down about what they did. Then it started being about the gimmiks, they admitted it was just entertainment and started nvitin anyone and everyoen. Now you have wrestling matches with kevin federline, ICP, and master P (who are all just trying to extend their own careers) and its all basically a joke. Sure those guys arent takin matches from anyone else but when you watch it now as a viewer you can plainly see its a sideshow. Sure their packin out arenas to see these people but their not viewing it the same as they were. Its a trend especiallty with tech making it so easy your going to see more and more lacking star DJs making apperances and more people expecting that and not expecting skills and creativity.

To me the celeb DJ game isnt any different from the local joker who gets a loaded HD and VDJ and DJs for drinks tryin to get some tail, their not takin my gigs but i still have them connected to me whenever i tell someone my name is DJ _____ because their DJ_____ too. Nothing makes me sicker to my stomach than to tell someone im a DJ and they reply with ohh like pauly D!!! or ohhhh cool my BF\BFF\GF\mom\brother\dog is a DJ too!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:46 PM - 12 October, 2010
Y'all need to Man Up.

If you feel threatened, get your game up, or get a Reality show on VH1/MTV.

Simple.
djlj 6:50 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
get a Reality show on VH1/MTV.

Simple.

Help me DJJOHNNYM_vSL3! LJ's World hasn't been picked up on MTV yet and I'm getting anxious!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:53 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Y'all need to Man Up.

Simple.

i dotn feel threatened at all....but i HAVE been pitching shows to MTV, ive acutually talked to reps on 3 different occasions trying to set ish up. Its kinda cool, i ALLLMOST had one, it was approved but the show it was gonna be on was canceled
Mr. Goodkat 7:43 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Y'all need to Man Up.

Simple.

what would that prove, that you are stupid enough to be a joke for the entire world to laugh at? talent and fame have nothing to do with each other.
Thundercat 7:53 PM - 12 October, 2010
oh, beezle sticking his nose in this thread? all downhill

/unsub
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:59 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Y'all need to Man Up.

Simple.

i dotn feel threatened at all....but i HAVE been pitching shows to MTV, ive acutually talked to reps on 3 different occasions trying to set ish up. Its kinda cool, i ALLLMOST had one, it was approved but the show it was gonna be on was canceled

The way DJing has blown up, im surprised there hasn't been some reality show about DJ's. I think DJ Scratch mentioned one in the works on his twitter.

Entertaining thread by the way. I would totally watch Kim Kardashian DJ in the reverse DJ booth lol!
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:01 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Y'all need to Man Up.

Simple.

what would that prove, that you are stupid enough to be a joke for the entire world to laugh at? talent and fame have nothing to do with each other.

from your input in the thread so far i dout youll be missed
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:03 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Y'all need to Man Up.

Simple.

The way DJing has blown up, im surprised there hasn't been some reality show about DJ's. I think DJ Scratch mentioned one in the works on his twitter.

Entertaining thread by the way. I would totally watch Kim Kardashian DJ in the reverse DJ booth lol!

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

and i think BET has one comming out too
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:03 PM - 12 October, 2010
i still say they should recruit a dj reality show from members of this forum, theres enough personality, humor, and drama to last at least 3 seasons
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:04 PM - 12 October, 2010
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

Banana_Peter 8:05 PM - 12 October, 2010
lolllz
Banana_Peter 8:05 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
i still say they should recruit a dj reality show from members of this forum, theres enough personality, humor, and drama to last at least 3 seasons

Imagine few folks wants to fist fight you
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:06 PM - 12 October, 2010
you think??
Banana_Peter 8:06 PM - 12 October, 2010
wants = wanting
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:08 PM - 12 October, 2010
lol i can only imgaine the ratings, people love a trainwreck and a fight and we have plenty of both
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:08 PM - 12 October, 2010
and we could have DJ CHALLENGES to send people home
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:24 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
talent and fame have nothing to do with each other.

So why are all of these 'TALENTED" DJ's, HATING, on someone else's FAME?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:25 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:

Cats are underestimating Kim's assets.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:42 PM - 12 October, 2010
I think we might be on to something. These are some good suggestions.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:50 PM - 12 October, 2010
if i had to give everyone something to compare it to id compare it to season 2 of making da band...where they had to freestly to stay in the house and threw lil premadona hissy fits and slaped boxed every other episode
Wazo 9:10 PM - 12 October, 2010
well nick didnt have his OWN show, he was part of the family, so all that getting famous and being a DJ shit isnt true in this case. he inadvertantly became *famous. there was no nick hogan show.

and he spoke right with his post. and Pauly D shouldnt say he should stayin his own lane. let him be.

but i say go for it and also your sister is mmmmm but my GF says she looks like a guy sometimes with that boxer face. lol.

*sorta
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:16 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
well nick didnt have his OWN show, he was part of the family, so all that getting famous and being a DJ shit isnt true in this case. he inadvertantly became *famous. there was no nick hogan show.

and he spoke right with his post. and Pauly D shouldnt say he should stayin his own lane. let him be.

but i say go for it and also your sister is mmmmm but my GF says she looks like a guy sometimes with that boxer face. lol.

*sorta

using your logic Pauly D didnt have his own show either.
Banana_Peter 9:25 PM - 12 October, 2010
wait, so that's the real Pauly D? LMAO
Wazo 9:33 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

*sorta

using your logic Pauly D didnt have his own show either.

i didnt say he did.
DJ TOGTFO 10:11 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

lol. comin from the guy who just got his first gig this year. Please share some more knowledge with us Bezzle.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:14 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

I wish I had the balls to leave this thread too...

But this is like a trainwreck waiting to happen....
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:14 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

lol. comin from the guy who just got his first gig this year. Please share some more knowledge with us Bezzle.

1st gig and 1st residency are too seperate things
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:15 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

I TOLD YOU, never underestimate the level of stupidity an idiot can obtain.

It will ASTOUND you.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:16 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

I TOLD YOU, never underestimate the level of stupidity an idiot can obtain.

I will ASS POUND you.

im backing down from that threat (NM)
Henry GQ 10:53 PM - 12 October, 2010
LOL. u know most people on this forum do not like bezzle. but he has had some great arguments. and if u dont agree. ur just rebellin cuz its him ha. even i look back and say that makes sense.. and i shut up. and who cares if bezzle only just got his first residency. good for him. at least he still keeps it real.

-cue johnny...

and to whoever said i wont have anything to fear. ur right. erie pa isnt gonna bring some wack ass c- celeb to town. all the djs have respect for the game. and would throw a hissy fit to their bar managers or owners ha.

im gonna go to cleveland and check out nick(cuz hes playin there soon). im gonna record him and his set with a video cam. and then post here. i bet its all one file and him faking the funk. mark my words. i know the promoters too.. so i know i will get the shot
bill-e 11:07 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

it would be better to get Morris Day up in my bed though

wat?
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:07 PM - 12 October, 2010
lol thanks Henry, i just dont see how people can blast on a guy like pauly d whos been spining for 12..umm...15 years and got some fame and used that to get to the next level, but they have no problem with a dude who got famous THEN decided to dj and has been spinnin for like 15 minutes and is now running around giggin across the country. Even if it was a nobody who hopped on here and said i bought serato last month and my boy showed me how to line up the lines now i have a gig next week headlining at my local spot what do i need to know, hed get straight ripped on on.

Has anyone touched on the fact that dennis rodman is not djing too?? Great move for a recoverign alcoholic.

forum.talknightlife.com

Quote:

Business First of Louisville wrote:
Thursday, April 8, 2010, 12:25pm EDT
Dennis Rodman to perform DJ set at Derby party
Business First of Louisville

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman will perform a live DJ set at Derby Pretty, a Derby Eve concert and party to be held April 30 at the Frazier International History Museum.

Derby Pretty’s producer, Chicago-based entertainment and marketing company Global Adrenaline, plans to turn the museum’s event spaces into a “chic, exclusive setting with exciting entertainment and modern decor,” according to a news release.

Celebrities and athletes from across the country are expected to attend.

The event is being sponsored by Russian Standard Vodka and will include a charitable silent auction.

Tickets start at $75 per person and are available through the event’s official Web site, www.DerbyPretty.com. VIP table reservations range from $750 to $2,000.

The party will run from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., and all guests must be at least 21.

Wrestling News World wrote:
Nene Musik Talent Agency, LLC. is now taking bookings for DJ Nick Hogan and DJ Frank Vazquez as well as DJ Dennis Rodman and DJ Vic Latino. Yes - that Nick Hogan and that Dennis Rodman. Reps tell us they already have several dates booked for both DJ Tours including dates at Mohegan Sun Casino, CT, Kentucky Derby, KY, Las Vegas and Miami.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:09 PM - 12 October, 2010
i wonder if this is the same nick hogan

www.livemixtapes.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:10 PM - 12 October, 2010
Quote:
-cue johnny...

Man, I pick my battles nowadayz...
Henry GQ 11:11 PM - 12 October, 2010
nice johnny.

its the milli vanilli of the dj world. nick and rodman. ha
bill-e 11:13 PM - 12 October, 2010
yo nicky hogan how long you been it?

and watch out, florida got some of the HOTTEST GARBAGE there, a lot of those mixtapes are ASS!
Youngkev 11:35 PM - 12 October, 2010
I feel Di yout....I started like 4yrs ago and some dj's...said "your a serato DJ your not a real dj etc," now i'm destroying party and clubs. Yeah never had to bring crates of records, so what!! It's more has to do with the time you invest in your craft rather than how long or when you started. I have even gotten to a point where i don't even star at the screen I just see the vibe of he crowd and know what i need to play. I'm not the best by far!!!! but practice makes perfect.

*you must also have that certain thing too. i can't explain what it is but you must just have it. (maybe i'll call it the "inner hype")
DJ TOGTFO 1:24 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
misqute correction

Quote:

/unsub

1st gig and 1st residency are too seperate things

And you don't even DJ in a major market. Please spread some more knowledge. Resident, shmesident. No one calls their weekly gigs a "residency" anymore unless you're a noob. Keep workin hard tho//
Banana_Peter 1:32 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

it would be better to get Morris Day up in my bed though

wat?

HAHAHAHHAAA
DJ SPAIR 1:35 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

www.livemixtapes.com

ummm yeah it is.
Doctorjon 2:10 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

www.livemixtapes.com

ummm yeah it is.

LOL IT IS!
Nick Hogan 2:56 AM - 13 October, 2010
yeahhh
Tururu 4:02 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

www.livemixtapes.com

Damn Im not going to front. I want a Hulk Hogan DJ drop!
Flip - Steelo 4:02 AM - 13 October, 2010
man.... you guys are freaking retarded.....

who gives a shit where he spins and how he got his gigs... You HATERZ act like he took your imaginary gigs.
DJ SPAIR 4:58 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
man.... you guys are freaking retarded.....

who gives a shit where he spins and how he got his gigs... You HATERZ act like he took your imaginary gigs.

I'm in disbelief why people would care. For what it's worth young Hogan seems like he's humble and is not bashing on other dj's or claiming he's going take their spot.

If he performs without mastering the craft then he's only playing himself and people in the club will know.
Dj.Mojo 9:32 AM - 13 October, 2010
Nick Hogan, maybe you read this:

Why do have to use the best and most expensive equipment from the start?
You have a kick-ass macbook pro, a (probably brand new) ttm57, 1200s, and white serato vinyl.
Your answer is more than likely going to be: because I can.
It makes you look like a show off.
Like the kids at the skate park full of name brand clothes with the best deck who can´t even do kickflips.

There are three people who got white Serato Vinyl:
1. People who were lucky and received it from Serato.
2. Crazy collectors.
3. Show-offs.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:45 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

www.livemixtapes.com

Listen to track 22, big claim for a DJ that cant even crab or do transforms.
Nick Hogan 1:21 PM - 13 October, 2010
lol! sparky chilllll bro.......its just a drop......just a dj drop dude....no need to freak out..... its quite obvious none of the djs mentioned are "THE BEST" ....theyre great but maybe not the best

its also obvious that dj khaled isnt the best either but he screams it.... ON EVERY TRACK AND NAMED HIS BRAND AFTER THE SAYING "WE THE BEST"

just one little egotistical drop on a mixtape...because thats what you do for mixtape drops.....talk a bunch of shit and no one takes it seriously

thanks for listening to the mixtape tho

anyways......

mojo,
i didnt have a rane 57 until a month ago...bought it used on craigslist for $900
i bought my gold 1200s from a pawn shop in downtown la for $350 each
about the white vinyl...i love the different colors...i have ADD ...so one thing dosnt work for me for very long...and i like to collect things of rarity and value....hence the gold 1200s
i bought my silver mk5s off craigslist as well for around $200 each
bought a djm600 in june for around $400...criagslist again

i will say i have always had a macbook..im just a fan of apple and have used a mac since i got into production about 4 or 5 years ago when my sister was working with scott storch and he tought me how to use an mpc...now becuase i know youre all going to ask about that...i learned breifly how to make beats and very SIMPLE stuff like that..shorty after, i had quite a bit of legal problems and the mpc and stuff got packed up...just pulled it all out around a month ago but have yet to have time to get everything set up again so plz dont say "if u produce lets hear some beats"....bc ill tell u flat out...i have only learned baby steps with that stuff and dont entirely remember everything its been so long

anyways i started about a year ago with a numark ns7 and didnt actually try technics and real vinyl until around june this year so yes i started with nice equipment but i did not buy it....it was a gift from my sister around the holidays

moving onto technics i bought all stuff used except my sl3 and i used plain black and red CV's until around august when i started collecting
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:32 PM - 13 October, 2010
I only listened to a few tracks, you dont even mix the tunes so thats what really gets to me, i'm not american so maby I have it twisted on what a mixtape should be, but I dont even hear any scratching just dropping drops on the tracks.
Nick Hogan 1:37 PM - 13 October, 2010
the reason for me not mixing the records is because it really is NOT my mixtape Dj capcom and dj haze came to me and asked if i would like to host street product radio vol 3 i said sure because they are my friends and i asked what they needed and all they said was drops so i went to the studio and then sent an email full of drops

if it had been my mixtape...i probably would have produced it differently bcause i would have mixed differently and had different music selection but its not really my mixtape...i just co-hosted it
The Real DJ Pauly D 1:38 PM - 13 October, 2010
You know im begining to wonder if this is REALLY nick hogan
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:39 PM - 13 October, 2010
Well Nick only time will tell if this is just a flash in the pan or your for real.
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:40 PM - 13 October, 2010
the same could be said about you Pauly but we all know your not Pauly, he'd be tanning about now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:03 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Nick Hogan, maybe you read this:

Why do have to use the best and most expensive equipment from the start?
You have a kick-ass macbook pro, a (probably brand new) ttm57, 1200s, and white serato vinyl.
Your answer is more than likely going to be: because I can.
It makes you look like a show off.
Like the kids at the skate park full of name brand clothes with the best deck who can´t even do kickflips.

There are three people who got white Serato Vinyl:
1. People who were lucky and received it from Serato.
2. Crazy collectors.
3. Show-offs.

YO!

Y'all killin' yourselves...

WHO CARES?

Oh, other DJ's who's "Imaginary Gigs" he's taking...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:06 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

thanks for listening to the mixtape tho

anyways......

LMAO!

That's the real sh*t right thurr..

Got the HATAS listenin to your sh*t IN FULL....

You couldn't make this stuff up...

SMH.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:07 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Well Nick only time will tell if this is just a flash in the pan or your for real.

Why are you gargling this dude's kids?

Does somebody has THIS MUCH INTEREST IN WHAT YOU'RE DOING?

DJ TMZ in the HOUSE.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:10 PM - 13 October, 2010
Ha ha johnny i listened to the intro hoping to hear a bit of scratching or that needless to say of the browse I had i didnt hear any, for a mix tape of 3 dj there is very little work in it, but you seem to be his biggest fan here.

If anything this whole tread will be a wake up call and if he is serious about dj'in it will make him step his game up.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:14 PM - 13 October, 2010
Dude, YOU are obviously his biggest fan. I'm just trying to understand why you're worried about a DJ ON A DIFFERENT COUNTRY, who will not affect you in ANY WAY.

C'mon, pull ya skirt down, this isn't manly AT ALL.

To tell you the truth, I don't know JACK about this dude except that his Pops is Hulk Hogan.

I've never watched any of their reality shows, or anything like that.

But on the other hand, OBVIOUSLY YOU feel some sort of way trying to draw parallels to how this guys DRIVES A CAR, to his desire to DJ.

Not a good look mayne, just do you, and if you feel that he's impacting your manhood like that, then just click the "X", and it'll all be over.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:32 PM - 13 October, 2010
Well the reason I went that route was thats was his passion in the show I happened to see a few times was drifting, he sucked at that so I applied the same logic to his love of djing and came to the conculsion if he sucked at that he would suck at dj'in.
slimmjimm 2:49 PM - 13 October, 2010
I think for my next mixtape (why do we even say "tape" anymore), come to think of it, I probably have a pack of TDK's around somewhere, they'll probably be all muffled instead of all high's like the old dubbed taped from your local supplier.........

anyway, I'm going to make myself a drop that goes something like "What's up you're listening to DJ Slimmjimm, the best at mediocrity, I may not be a great DJ, but I make a steady income" or something along those lines. Keep it gully and such.

My point is, even though I am mediocre, but still manage to make a steady income, who the fucking fuck would put that as a drop? You don't say "I'm shitty, thanks for listening, check me out @djslimmjimm, even though I haven't updated my twitter in god knows how long", you say "I'm the best". Lil Wayne did it, and it's worked wonders for his career,
Flip - Steelo 3:09 PM - 13 October, 2010
If you have a problem with what type of equipment this kid is using, you need to get a fucking life of your own..... The Skater analogy pretty much confirms you must be about 13 yrs old....

An Nick, don't be justifying how and where you got your equipment.... A Simple "BECAUSE I CAN" would have worked nicely...
Joshua Carl 3:13 PM - 13 October, 2010
yeah, you buy whats in your budget.
you dont buy shit equipment to "keep it real"...

if, when i had started I could have went with top gear, I would have..
you'd be a moron not to.
Dj.Mojo 3:19 PM - 13 October, 2010
You certainly don´t buy shit equipment just to keep it real. That would defeat the purpose wouldn´t it? It just doesn´t hurt to have used it and to be able to work it, too.

@Flip - Steelo
Youre really funny :-) Your posting sounds so angry and defensive, it is just silly.
Flip - Steelo 3:22 PM - 13 October, 2010
Uh huh yep...

listen kid... don't make me come over there and take your skateboard and your imaginary gig.... Ask mom and dad to pony up and buy you some equipment like nicky got.... hit me back at recess...
Dj.Mojo 3:22 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
...i love the different colors...i have ADD ...so one thing dosnt work for me for very long...

What does "i have ADD" mean?
Dj.Mojo 3:28 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Uh huh yep...

listen kid... don't make me come over there and take your skateboard and your imaginary gig.... Ask mom and dad to pony up and buy you some equipment like nicky got.... hit me back at recess...

c´mon man, first time you did the e-thug thing it was really funny but if you keep doing it you only make a fool of yourself.
Flip - Steelo 3:31 PM - 13 October, 2010
uh huh yep....

or maybe your wishing your message had a delete tab cuz right about now your looking like a jealous little "kid gargling" hater.... He recognized you in his response, your moment of fame is over, lets call it a day...

PS - Really not going to come over there and take either.... lol
Dj.Mojo 3:45 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
uh huh yep....

Great way to start each posting. Makes it more meaningful.
Quote:
or maybe your wishing your message had a delete tab cuz right about now your looking like a jealous little "kid gargling" hater....

It is oficial: I hate on people who start doing something with the finest equipment and don´t pay their dues. Nick postet his response, so what? Why did you have to chime in anyways? Actually you aren´t contributing at all. All you do is cluttering up this thread with your "uh huh yep....´s". Next time you post, why don´t you consider posting something related to the topic?
Nater 3:53 PM - 13 October, 2010
Welcome to the fam Nick! nWo 4 Life Brutha :-D
Flip - Steelo 3:53 PM - 13 October, 2010
Why do I have to chime in? LOL

Did you forget where you are?

this isn't even fair, lets move on, good luck with the DJ'ing, hope you end up with some decent equipment at some point.

Peace..
Nick Hogan 3:54 PM - 13 October, 2010
some of you guys are funny as hell

one thing i dont understand....certain people complain about famous people moving into different career paths all the time....

for example...brian deegan...professional freestyle moto-x rider....now competes in rallycross(driving a car)....not one person came out and said fuck you brain deegan...stay on a bike because you got famous for riding a motorcycle so now thats what you do forever!

same for travis pastrana

same for The Rock (wrestler turned actor)

if your interests dont change and you DONT want to broaden your career and challenge yourself...then what are you doing? hating on people who are...

serato forums are funny... you would think with how often ive been in this thread you would realize how much i visit serato.com

if dj'ing in genereal was NOT on my mind most of the day and not important to me....why do i keep coming back here defending myself

..i do because i care

i care what the other dj's think of me because this is something i would like to be doing for a very long time

if i was just there to let a pre recorded mix run and collect the $$$ only i wouldnt be here giving a flying fuck what any of you think

i want to be an active member of this community and a well respected dj in the years to come as you guys watch me grow as a person and dj and build my skill slowly like all of the rest of you
Nick Hogan 3:55 PM - 13 October, 2010
"one thing i dont understand.... people DONT ******* complain about famous people moving into different career paths all the time....

for example...brian deegan...professional freestyle moto-x rider....now competes in rallycross(driving a car)....not one person came out and said fuck you brain deegan...stay on a bike because you got famous for riding a motorcycle so now thats what you do forever!"

-fixed
Dj.Mojo 4:15 PM - 13 October, 2010
People hate alot on athletes or singers who try to become actors.
Pastrana is different. He competes against other drivers and if he fails, he makes a fool of himself. If a celebrity dj fails he probably gets away with it.
DJ ENUF 4:21 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
You know im begining to wonder if this is REALLY nick hogan

Pure comedy right there!
Man all the haters need to give it a rest! Do you know how easy it would be for Nick to just rock Tractor and autosync his way across every club in america while laughing all the way to the bank while never giving a care about learning the "craft?" Instead he's showing a desire to learn the right way to do it. And as far as paying dues? No "newer" dj's do anything to "pay dues." How many times a week does someone make a "just got sl/itch 3 months ago and now im booked need help!" thread? Dude said he got a ns7 as a gift from sis almost a yr ago, and has now has upgraded due to a continued interest to dj to technics (cant blame him there!) On top of that he said his dj homies are getting him REAL WAX to learn the fundamentals on. I've NEVER heard a newer dj say that.
Jealousy is the highest form of flattery! NICK DO YOUR THING!
Flip - Steelo 4:24 PM - 13 October, 2010
Yeah Mojo but that don't make it right...

Save the hate for the a-holes that deserve it. Dude seems like he is having fun and putting time and effort into getting better. He isn't talking shit or disrespecting anyone and if his name gets him gigs that he otherwise wouldn't more power to him. If anything that will motivate him to really step up his game... If coming from a wealthy family allows him to start off with better equipment then most do, thats not a reason to hate either.
Wazo 4:37 PM - 13 October, 2010
i think all the haters shust the F up and let him be. hes aiight.
deezlee 4:48 PM - 13 October, 2010
Hacksaw Jim Deezlee in this beatch.
DJ ENUF 4:53 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Hacksaw Jim Deezlee in this beatch.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dj.Mojo 5:12 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Yeah Mojo but that don't make it right...

Save the hate for the a-holes that deserve it. Dude seems like he is having fun and putting time and effort into getting better. He isn't talking shit or disrespecting anyone and if his name gets him gigs that he otherwise wouldn't more power to him. If anything that will motivate him to really step up his game... If coming from a wealthy family allows him to start off with better equipment then most do, thats not a reason to hate either.

+1
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:31 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

you'd be a moron not to.

Lol. I started out with some belt driven Numarks and the Gemini PMX mixer i think it was. If I had the dough like that my first setup would have been top of the line.
Nicky Blunt 5:52 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

you'd be a moron not to.

Lol. I started out with some belt driven Numarks and the Gemini PMX mixer i think it was. If I had the dough like that my first setup would have been top of the line.

Belt drive soundlabs & a gemini scratchmaster mixer! LOL Scratchmaster I couldnt even match two beats!
SuckaDJ 7:01 PM - 13 October, 2010
you know how EVERYONE, almost everyone (djs) hate on PaulyD?

and people usually say, if you got haters, you must be doing something right....

lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:37 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Well the reason I went that route was thats was his passion in the show I happened to see a few times was drifting, he sucked at that so I applied the same logic to his love of djing and came to the conculsion if he sucked at that he would suck at dj'in.

Ok, I can't front...

This was funny.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:43 PM - 13 October, 2010
Man, that's what I'm sayin. If he wasn't legit, OR TRYING TO BE, he's making a damn good argument.

Lord knows, if I had his fame, I wouldn't be hanging around here with you low-lifes.
Dj.Mojo 8:48 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

Lord knows, if I had his fame, I wouldn't be hanging around here with low-lifes like us

fixed
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:12 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Lord knows, if I had his fame, I wouldn't be hanging around here with low-lifes like us

fixed

LMAO...
jwagner 1:50 AM - 14 October, 2010
Relax guys he might not have the skills yet but he's definitely modest-------->

Watchwww.youtube.com
bill-e 2:16 AM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
...i love the different colors...i have ADD ...so one thing dosnt work for me for very long...

What does "i have ADD" mean?

it means "i have ADD"
bill-e 2:19 AM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Relax guys he might not have the skills yet but he's definitely modest-------->

Watchwww.youtube.com

lol one of the links on there is "nick hogan doing drugs on a plane"
"The Original" djGROOVE 6:41 AM - 14 October, 2010
WOW.... This is a entertaining thread, and the HATERS are the reason i dont come here much. Entyway, how many of us SO CALLED DeeJays Have Day Jobs or just Jobs???? Wud it B fair to say that we have made a career change or transition by DJing? Or were you (we) born w/turntables for hands.

A lot of us dont know what Djing IS, let alone what it shud Be. Like how many of us play Jay-Z, Nelly or Nas from 2004 and call it Old School (LOL & LMAO)... when really Old School is 1999 on back.

How many Dee Jays are on the radio gettin PAID, makin Mix Tapes & cant mix a lick, let alone Roc-A-Party???

"DJing" IS THE LOVE, THE PASSION, THE FEELIN FOR & OF THE MUSIC. And IF you have that love... no matter the obstacles or the challenges, THAT LOVE, THAT PASSION, THAT FEELIN HITS THE DANCE FLOOR & THE PEOPLE RESPOND & YOU, ME, NICK & WHOEVER ARE GODS FOR 1 MAGICAL NIGHT. The "ART of DJing" IS DOIN THAT OVER n OVER n OVER n OVER n OVER...etc.

IF Nick got this Love, it will show. Give'em a chance.... Nobody knew You (We) had it when You started, until now. How Many years has that been while You were workin Your regular jobs? Yeah Im talkin to You & Jus Sayin....
LMAO.

Hope this helped. C U Cats in another 11months. -W.O.L.O. Baby
beatdown 8:05 AM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
when really Old School is 1999 on back.

double LOLz!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:51 AM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

double LOLz!

Y'all can't be serious....
Banana_Peter 1:21 PM - 14 October, 2010
I own my own business and DJing is just a hobby for me. I enjoy the fact that I can get creative by taking my favorite songs and mix them together. I suck because I rarely have time to practice. I've done one gig and I felt like a rockstar. Everybody was getting me drinks and food. We were wasteeedddddd
Banana_Peter 1:22 PM - 14 October, 2010
and I just had a V8
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:26 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

double LOLz!

Y'all can't be serious....

i even LOLed at that one
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:27 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

"DJing" IS THE LOVE, THE PASSION, THE FEELIN FOR & OF THE MUSIC. And IF you have that love... no matter the obstacles or the challenges, THAT LOVE, THAT PASSION, THAT FEELIN HITS THE DANCE FLOOR & THE PEOPLE RESPOND & YOU, ME, NICK & WHOEVER ARE GODS FOR 1 MAGICAL NIGHT. The "ART of DJing" IS DOIN THAT OVER n OVER n OVER n OVER n OVER...etc.

IF Nick got this Love, it will show. Give'em a chance.... Nobody knew You (We) had it when You started, until now. How Many years has that been while You were workin Your regular jobs? Yeah Im talkin to You & Jus Sayin....
LMAO.

I bet you lots of people would have that passion if they walked into the game a globe trotting 4\5figure DJ
Flip - Steelo 2:48 PM - 14 October, 2010
Can someone drop a link to a track on here or offer to sell a hard drive and officially kill this thread, its freaking painful....

I don't know if I would define old school hip-hop as <99 but I would say that commerical shit hop, really started stinking right about Y2K and it continues to get worse.... Now these clowns rap over electro? WOW....
slimmjimm 2:56 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Can someone drop a link to a track on here or offer to sell a hard drive and officially kill this thread, its freaking painful....

I don't know if I would define old school hip-hop as <99 but I would say that commerical shit hop, really started stinking right about Y2K and it continues to get worse.... Now these clowns rap over electro? WOW....

(now commencing thread diversion)

Yeah, but so did the Soulsonic Force.
Flip - Steelo 3:01 PM - 14 October, 2010
okay, let me fix that "rapping over cheesey electro-pop" there! hahaha
djlj 3:17 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

A lot of us dont know what Djing IS, let alone what it shud Be. Like how many of us play Jay-Z, Nelly or Nas from 2004 and call it Old School (LOL & LMAO)... when really Old School is 1994 on back.

Fixed.
Flip - Steelo 3:30 PM - 14 October, 2010
does this mean that 10 years from now todays shit-hop will be considered oldschool ?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:32 PM - 14 October, 2010
nah well still call it garbage
djlj 3:32 PM - 14 October, 2010
I'll die a bit inside the day someone asks me to play some old school. "Y'now, something like Soulja Boy!"
djchriscruz 3:53 PM - 14 October, 2010
It's really hard to be a SUCKY Top 40 Club DJ. As long as you play Pitbull, Gaga, Beyonce and whatever is hot on the radio, club patrons dont care about anything else. All real DJ's and the celeb wannabe DJ's themselves know that they aren't landing big glammed out Hollywood/Vegas gigs because they are good skilled DJ's. Jazzy Jeff one of the most legendary and skilled hip hop DJ's was kicked out of the DJ booth in Vegas. So we know that Vegas clubs could care less about skills.

Stop wasting your effort on hating Pauly D and Nick Hogan. Let them have their Hollywood/Vegas gigs playing Pitbull, Gaga, and Beyonce all night. We all know that they'll never be able to fuck with any of the DJ's at The Do Over, enter DMC, or even pull off a 2 click flare.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:55 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

It's really hard to be a SUCKY Top 40 Club DJ.

not as hard as youd think, it does take some work to perfect though lol
Flip - Steelo 4:10 PM - 14 October, 2010
Shit just go to the post your mix thread....

The cookie cutter top 40 electro shit-pop is what 95% of the DJ's on this board play as well....
Flip - Steelo 4:11 PM - 14 October, 2010
okay maybe not 95% but the overwhelming majority...
Wazo 4:55 PM - 14 October, 2010
anyone want to buy my hard drive full of free serato whitelabel tunes only?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:26 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

A lot of us dont know what Djing IS, let alone what it shud Be. Like how many of us play Jay-Z, Nelly or Nas from 2004 and call it Old School (LOL & LMAO)... when really Old School is 1994 on back.

Fixed.

STILL SMH....
"The Original" djGROOVE 5:30 PM - 14 October, 2010
@djlj.... Thanx 4 da fix. I stated 1999 only because I've rocked Old School parties and got away w/traxx from 95-99 (Mostly by request from the people payin tho -LOL). So i feel we could include those years. Mad Respect 4 Errbody Feelin what Nick IS TRYIN 2 Do.

Its amazing how some cats take what they want to harp on & make a thread distasteful. The topic seemed to me to be about a celebrity wanting to be a DJ & gettin humble about "Gettin In The Game"... and some cats shittin on him. Thats bad & then some cats call themselves Pro's????

When I started, we would rock house parties, block parties & have battle parties FOR THE LOVE & EXPRESSION of the Art & to say somebody was THE BEST for a year. And some cats Made It cuz of that (Jazzy, Cash Money, Spindad, Tat-Money...). I'm from Philly & I grew up with GW Rasheen, GW Nell, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Cash Money, DJ Cosmic Kev, DJ Gary-O, DJ Spinbad... And these cats are Household Names, We got love for'em No Disrespect. Because most of them had everyday jobs then & still do today. They made an effort. Like Will, he went from Rapper-to-Actor, HE had money & fame to make that move & took his L's because "THE PROs SAID A RAPPER CAN'T ACT!! But today he gets 20mil-a-flick... DAMN That Some Bad Acting (LMAO).

Like I said, ALL of us are what we are today as DJs cuz we wasn't Shit when we 1st started, but somewhere we found THE LOVE 4 DA CRAFT. As far as the Shit-Hop & Pop Parties... If You TRUE 2Da Craft then Turn Down as many as you can - but pay ya bills. I Aint MAD Atcha... Im Jus Sayin -W.O.L.O. Babby
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:38 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

Like Will, he went from Rapper-to-Actor, HE had money & fame to make that move & took his L's because "THE PROs SAID A RAPPER CAN'T ACT!! But today he gets 20mil-a-flick... DAMN That Some Bad Acting (LMAO).

Wills the exception to the rule, lets look at the list and see how many other rappers went from rapper to well respected movie stars, most of are horrible, i would compare this situation more to the other 90% of rapper\actors who find a way to fuck up playing themselves in films.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:40 PM - 14 October, 2010
Let me be clear.

Golden Age of HipHop / OLD SCHOOL = 0 -1989 - Pioneers

Silver Age Of HipHop / More Diverse / Concious 1990 - Biggie

Post Biggie Era - All GAWBAGE.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:41 PM - 14 October, 2010
^ gotta agree with johnny there..thats how i thought it woked
Flip - Steelo 5:57 PM - 14 October, 2010
^ works for me too....
"The Original" djGROOVE 5:58 PM - 14 October, 2010
@ Bezzle & JohnnyM. What up gang?

M.B I feel ya on that & its Sooooo TRUE, but we still gotta give Nick a chance to f-up being a DJ... We know 1-2 parties don't make or break ya.

JM Mad respect 4 da fact & the GAWBAGE is due to the radio stations & DJs who don't know. However, we are talkin all hip hop, so you TRUE. There are some other traxx (Reggae, RnB, Disco/Funk) that round off the Old School genre and you can Roc-A-Party with. Wud ya'll agree?

P.S. We still talkin bout a celebrity being a DJ & He NEEDs 2 Know This Maaannn...
SELECT 6:11 PM - 14 October, 2010
Nick hopefully you'll represent and not come off as a poser. Skills recognize skills. You will get put out there by these fools in here so dont be wack. Your mixes and videos will be judged. This wont be the last post about you, Im sure you know already. Anyways always remember to say your prayers, take your vitamins you could never go wrong...
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:19 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

They made an effort. Like Will, he went from Rapper-to-Actor, HE had money & fame to make that move & took his L's because "THE PROs SAID A RAPPER CAN'T ACT!! But today he gets 20mil-a-flick... DAMN That Some Bad Acting (LMAO).

Another difference is will was a TALENTED rapper before he became a actor, nick is a talented ______?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:27 PM - 14 October, 2010
[quoteJM Mad respect 4 da fact & the GAWBAGE is due to the radio stations & DJs who don't know.

Man, always ready to edumacate on the Old School for "New DJ's"

rateyourmusic.com

Check that link up there to START your studies!

As for MY EARLY personal influences, it was from a group around my way called Funky Force. The MC's (Nicky Dee, & Master E), initially came from NY, and brought their style to Jerz, and lived up the street from me.

Their DJ, (Merv-Ski), showed me a few things, and was ahead of his time.

Here is what I was listening to and trying to emulate growing up ---->>> www.djjohnnym.com

Listen to the Rhymes, cats don't flow that like anymore. Listen to the DJ, and how he goes back and forth with the break (oh, and 5 cyber Chick-Fil-A's for who can guess what the break is...), and this was BACK in 1982!

The turntables were Technics SL-D1's! What y'all know about that?

Check it!
Banana_Peter 6:31 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

They made an effort. Like Will, he went from Rapper-to-Actor, HE had money & fame to make that move & took his L's because "THE PROs SAID A RAPPER CAN'T ACT!! But today he gets 20mil-a-flick... DAMN That Some Bad Acting (LMAO).

Another difference is will was a TALENTED rapper before he became a actor, nick is a talented ______?

well we know he's not talented in racing. I'd let an Asian drive my car before I'd let Nick drive
"The Original" djGROOVE 6:54 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

M.B... I hear ya dogg, but what im sayin is we gotta give'em a chance cuz even tho Will was/is talented..he still could've failed IN THE SPOTLIGHT. But the LOVE (Rappin) he already had was transformed to acting. Nick gotta show WHAT he has a LOVE for... DJing or F-ing Up. Time will tell & it won't take long either way....

JM... Gud look man - Ima check those sites, No Doubt. WHAAAAT, the SL-D1's, man we woulda murdered for those BITD. I started w/2 Kenwood "DJ Turntables" & a Kenwood Amp turnin back in forth between Phono & Aux to mix (LOL & LMAO), 4 of us all chipped in for the D1s. If we had taped some of those practices (Me, Rasheen, DJ Scar, Stone Mic) i'd be sellin ya'll some REAL MIXED TAPES, ya hurd.....
djlj 7:04 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

STILL SMH....

Pre-MTV rap video era is where I was going with 1994. After that, party rap and bad gangsta rap exploded all over the TV and radio stations. Lyrics (as a whole) slid to ridiculous lows.
"The Original" djGROOVE 7:10 PM - 14 October, 2010
My bad I stated M.B - I mennT Banana Peter. No Dis.....

Djlj... I hear ya man. So you guys don't think "SOME GOOD TUNES" came after 92-94?? Gangsta was a NEW Digg for their skill level & NWA Held there own (Dre' - Cube - EZ) and Ice-T too.... Im Jus Sayin
djlj 7:11 PM - 14 October, 2010
Oh yeah, lots of great music was created and is still being created now. But the lyricism and messages of the music went through the floor as labels started signing acts and pushing out music as fast as they could to ride the wave.
Banana_Peter 7:16 PM - 14 October, 2010
I think some people are more upset towards these so called "DJs" because they can make quick bucks just standing in front of turntables because of their celebrity popularity. Rather than if they have the love for the art or not.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:41 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Stop wasting your effort on hating Pauly D and Nick Hogan. Let them have their Hollywood/Vegas gigs playing Pitbull, Gaga, and Beyonce all night. We all know that they'll never be able to fuck with any of the DJ's at The Do Over, enter DMC, or even pull off a 2 click flare.

^^^The truest statement in this thread
Nater 7:42 PM - 14 October, 2010
Skyscraper check your PMs
CMOS 8:34 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
[quoteJM Mad respect 4 da fact & the GAWBAGE is due to the radio stations & DJs who don't know.

Man, always ready to edumacate on the Old School for "New DJ's"

rateyourmusic.com

Check that link up there to START your studies!
!

Damn i looked at that link, and thought, damn Mom's was mad cool letting me buy all those albums at age 10-11. Pretty sure i had every one on taht first page.

Also made me remember one of my fav songs growing up:

Crash Crew - We are Known as Emcee's

www.joost.com

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thats my shit!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

JM... Gud look man - Ima check those sites, No Doubt. WHAAAAT, the SL-D1's, man we woulda murdered for those BITD. I started w/2 Kenwood "DJ Turntables" & a Kenwood Amp turnin back in forth between Phono & Aux to mix (LOL & LMAO), 4 of us all chipped in for the D1s. If we had taped some of those practices (Me, Rasheen, DJ Scar, Stone Mic) i'd be sellin ya'll some REAL MIXED TAPES, ya hurd.....

Oh, you already know! D1's were the TRUTH! But not many DJ's could handle them. The take-off was always slow, but the actual turntable was the best (at the time) from Technics compared to the B1's.

Oh, I"ve got DUMB MixTapes for Dayz. As a matter of fact, I have a FunkyForce MixTape that I might post up lata, if y'all ready...

Oh, and there was NO RAP on it, Straight D-Train, Prelude Jams, Classics for DAYZ!

***goes to find that link***
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:54 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
My bad I stated M.B - I mennT Banana Peter. No Dis.....

Djlj... I hear ya man. So you guys don't think "SOME GOOD TUNES" came after 92-94?? Gangsta was a NEW Digg for their skill level & NWA Held there own (Dre' - Cube - EZ) and Ice-T too.... Im Jus Sayin

After Biggie, it was a WRAP.

Nothing memorable, except some Party Break AV8's...Be Faithful, The Franklynz, stuff like that...

You won't be checkin' for The Dream, Soulja Boy, or Wheezy in a few years...

Hell, even JARULE's old stuff has more staying (Classic) power than Today's GAWBAGE...
Djaward 9:01 PM - 14 October, 2010
What I want to know is, WHAT'S HIS DJ NAME??
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:08 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
After Biggie, it was a WRAP.

Nothing memorable, except some Party Break AV8's...Be Faithful, The Franklynz, stuff like that...

You won't be checkin' for The Dream, Soulja Boy, or Wheezy in a few years...

Hell, even JARULE's old stuff has more staying (Classic) power than Today's GAWBAGE...

are we talking club music otr music in general....theres several songs that came out after biggys death that are still club bangers today
DouggyFresh 9:16 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

www.people.com

In the scene, Tony Stark, – played by Robert Downey Jr. – throws his own birthday bash at his oceanfront Malibu mansion. With DJ AM spinning the tunes, a drunken Stark shows off his smooth moves to rapper Tupac Shakur's hit "California Love." Soon after, the wild party turns into a fight scene, and Stark says, "Adam, I need a fat beat."

Recalling the celebrity deejay's time on the set, Favreau, who himself enjoys spinning at home and for friends, said, "I was just a fan of his, just an admirer of his work."

He adds: "It was supposed to be a one-day bit. But Robert took a real shine to him, as we all did. His energy was amazing, he was such a inspiring guy and there was a lot of depth to him and this positive energy. He ended up staying on with us for about a week and it was just great; we set up this turntable and between takes he would give me pointers."

The film is also dedicated to DJ AM.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:21 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

www.people.com

In the scene, Tony Stark, – played by Robert Downey Jr. – throws his own birthday bash at his oceanfront Malibu mansion. With DJ AM spinning the tunes, a drunken Stark shows off his smooth moves to rapper Tupac Shakur's hit "California Love." Soon after, the wild party turns into a fight scene, and Stark says, "Adam, I need a fat beat."

Recalling the celebrity deejay's time on the set, Favreau, who himself enjoys spinning at home and for friends, said, "I was just a fan of his, just an admirer of his work."

He adds: "It was supposed to be a one-day bit. But Robert took a real shine to him, as we all did. His energy was amazing, he was such a inspiring guy and there was a lot of depth to him and this positive energy. He ended up staying on with us for about a week and it was just great; we set up this turntable and between takes he would give me pointers."

The film is also dedicated to DJ AM.

Its important to note that AM had no lines....apparently unable to play himself lol,thats how it SHOULD be done, they said hey he dosent have the skill\experience to handle this but hes a draw well put him in there and have downey Jr talk TO him. The celeb DJ game as is is now would have been like casting him as iron man
DouggyFresh 9:44 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

are we talking club music otr music in general....theres several songs that came out after biggys death that are still club bangers today

There's MANY songs that came out after Biggies death that are club bangers today!

Just because "everyone else" doesn't play them doesn't mean they won't work. I'm an opening DJ usually so I do a LOT of digging to find stuff the later DJ's don't play and still rock the party.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:46 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:

I do a LOT of digging to find stuff the later DJ's don't play and still rock the party.

Thats been my staple, i play alot of new orleans bounce music and underground trend shit from other areas that most of the mainstream DJs around here dont play
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:47 PM - 14 October, 2010
i think that bounce sounds about to take off again....even diplos lookin into sissy bounce as a source for new work, im dying to see his take on it
DouggyFresh 10:10 PM - 14 October, 2010
When I first started to, I was a limited myself to a certain comfort zone of music that I've heard other DJs play at one point or another - AKA If it doesn't fit XYZ criteria the crowd won't like it.

Later I learned getting out of that box is what gets you noticed. I'm at the point where I'm constantly challenging myself to think out of the box. Especially now that I'm DJing 3 nights a week at 1 place since I also challenge myself to come up with 3 unique, completely different song selections every week. Secondary, I challenge myself to play none or very few of the songs the DJ after me might play (and that's hard because he also has completely different sets & sounds every night, and even after a year of playing back to back I still find duplicates).
gotchuckz 10:35 PM - 14 October, 2010
Quote:
What I want to know is, WHAT'S HIS DJ NAME??

just add DJ to his name...
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:05 AM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:

There's MANY songs that came out after Biggies death that are club bangers today!

Like I said,
Quote:

Throw in "In Da Club", a little Busta, but that's it.

When Biggie Died, Good Mainstream HipHop died...

All that other stuff is GAWBAGE.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:09 AM - 15 October, 2010
Listen, if I have to do a "Current" HipHop/R&B party, I swear, all I do is listen to the radio for 3 days, and download the top 10 off of Hot97's Playlist, and that's it.

Most times, I'm playing these songs for the 1st time at a party and they eat it up.

2 Months later, I'll never play the songs again.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:10 AM - 15 October, 2010
That's DISPOSABLE MUSIC aka GAWBAGE.
Henry GQ 4:24 AM - 15 October, 2010
why would u guys support a douchebag like nick? check this out...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

if u hire this moron ur just as bad. u think he cares about the persons life he ruined ?
do u really like someone like this ? and wanna defend them ?

i would feel sooo guilty if i did this to someone. i would be devoting alot of my time to making things easier for that family.

graziano must have done something wrong to deserve this. right nick ?
nick is from clearwater. thats why he dont live there no more. people would tear him apart. no respect for a loser
Banana_Peter 5:07 AM - 15 October, 2010
wow i thought the 3rd video was fake....
"The Original" djGROOVE 7:22 AM - 15 October, 2010
WOW... alot has been shared since I went to work. Well.....

1st: Henry Q, im feelin you man & you right about the accident...It was stupid. Mainly bcuz there's too too much info out about drinkin/druggin n drivin. I don't think anybody on here is REALLY defending what NICK Did (Cuz HE gotta live w/that errday 4LIFE), I think some of us are jus relating to startin out as DJs (Celebs vs Joes). I kno "IT SEEMS LIKE" Nick learned something, cuz he didn't come off like "Im Nick the Celeb & I got $$$ & Hook-ups ya'll don't so Im In ...Like It or Not"...HE SEEMED HUMBLE, so now its about the Love 4Da Craft.

JM... Maaaan you bringin up memories of WHY Im doin this 2day. Yo, THE B1s... I never really rockd'em, just mess'd around w/some in the hood cuz like I said We saved up & went foursies on a set of SL-D1s and the Kenwoods were considered the REAL Deals from the clubs & radio stations (LOL)... I feel you & others on the Bad Hip-Hop tip tho, it did start to get mass produced jus to make $$$....

To some of the other DJs... Respect for diggin in the crates cuz thats were the MUSIC IS. When openin up jus be you in the mix...stick your neck out with some mixes you been workin on. You'll be surprised, ppl might not dance but they'll be like "Who's that last song by...were can i get it?
I have the blessing of doin a wkly Old School Hip-Hop, Reggae, RnB & Disco Night On Fridays @ a neighborhood Hot Spot (been rockin it 4over a year) and i never have a prblm with openins...what i do: When i have 1 of those "Nuthin I Play Is Wrong" nights, I take notes & mark off the times the party got hot. Then I build mixes around those time frames... man sometimes I get 3-4 crates out of it. Name it & put it in a crate I call Wkly Set-ups & rock it like 2wks later, man i got about 20 Set-ups that open the door for me to go any way I or the party wants to. Lately, I've opened up with HARD TIMES - RUNDMC Classic...man ppl relate 25 years later bcuz WE IN Hard Times Now. I jus try to create from who I am, u kno (Hoped that helped).

These Soulja Boi, Stanky Legg etc. Talk-Overs (LOL)... I play when I gotta and as much as possible I try to stay away from parties were thats the main mix...but ya gotta pay the bills, feel me (Do whacha gotta do).... AND I AIN'T NEVA-EVA-EVA-EVA gonna call this crap Old School. This will REALLY BE CALLED "OLD SHIT!!!" im jus sayin.....
"The Original" djGROOVE 7:30 AM - 15 October, 2010
Sorry gang, Im soooooo long winded...ya'll did alot while I was gone (LOL). In tryin 2 keep up...

P.S. This still about celeb DJs vs Joes, AND NICK GOTTA LEARN THISSS Shhhhhh...
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:10 PM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
Sorry gang, Im soooooo long winded...ya'll did alot while I was gone (LOL). In tryin 2 keep up...

P.S. This still about celeb DJs vs Joes, AND NICK GOTTA LEARN THISSS Shhhhhh...

That is a great idea for a reality show! Jus like Pros vs. Joes. Celeb DJ's vs. regular unknown DJ's who basically do the shit for the love of the game.