Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

iTch 1.7 (FINAL) CraSHED again... Come inside

DJ GaFFle 8:20 AM - 4 September, 2010
You know my Mac's computer profile. Below is what and what I had configured:

- no beatgrid
- no wireless (shouldn't matter on a MBPro)
- no other apps (never mattered on ver. 1.5)
- no prepare crate open

I was playing a song on the left deck and was hitting my cue point trigger buttons on the right deck song preparing to bring it in the mix. I brought the right deck in and the left deck started the 1-bar looping like I reported in the past on version 1.7 RC3. I knew I was in for a crash. 750+ people were on the tail end of the Cupid Shuffle and iTch just crashed. No boo's from the crowd cause I had been rockin' them already :-D

I reloaded with the stable version 1.5.

I will say I a couple of Audio drops but switched to USB buffer 2 and they subsided. I also went into Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Graphics and chose 'Higher Performance' prior to the gig to make sure the computer is giving all it had to cut down on dropouts.

I have the crash log if it needs to be sent.

1.7 is still not ready for primetime. Boo on it...
Maskrider 10:13 AM - 4 September, 2010
Sorry to hear that. I really have'nt used it yet on a gig I'm still rocking 1.5.

I've noticed that the processor meter on the ITCH GUI is always going red on me that's why Im not sure about it. I'm gonna try to tweak my Laptop...For some reason 1.7 is processor hungry.
James Roberts 11:01 AM - 4 September, 2010
1.7 is rubbish!
Dj Beware 11:52 AM - 4 September, 2010
Have you guys reanalyzed your library?
James Roberts 11:53 AM - 4 September, 2010
yep.
DJ GaFFle 1:47 PM - 4 September, 2010
Yep... well, I re-analyzed on ver. 1.7 RC2... does that count? My only reason to wanna run 1.7 is the song 'key value' is shown on each deck... this helps
DJ GaFFle 1:47 PM - 4 September, 2010
... when spinning house music.
seratosnatch 4:01 PM - 4 September, 2010
1.7 GM crashed last night while jammin' a mix, but luckily not in front of a large crowd!
Removed a track from the deck and spinning ball and CRASH!
zaguama 4:10 PM - 4 September, 2010
pardon my ignorance, how you remove a track from a deck and whats the benefit of doing it as opposed to hitting load of a new track on top of the previous track?
Dj Beware 4:44 PM - 4 September, 2010
I think you guys should open bug reports, I could be wrong but it really seems the people having issues with 1.7 are on NS7 or the DX? maybe its driver issues? I have a VCI300 and I would say it runs better on 1.7, I had CPU issues with the 1st beta but since then smooth sailing.

Don't give up on 1.7 just yet open a bug report so Serato can see the OS's and equipment and people are experiencing issues with. There might be a pattern, without bug reports its a lot more difficult for them to track.
DJ GaFFle 4:47 PM - 4 September, 2010
I have a Mac 10.6.4.

What driver should it be using? Is the last Ns7 Mac driver 2.0.2? If not, where can I find a newer one?
DJ GaFFle 4:48 PM - 4 September, 2010
... also, is there a bug report for the 1.7 Final? I only last saw version RC2 17028.
Dj Beware 4:49 PM - 4 September, 2010
sorry i can't answer that one, as I don't have a NS7, maybe someone who doe will chime in...or maybe if you haven't already open the bug report and Serato will confirm
kraal 4:54 PM - 4 September, 2010
if you are having crashes in a final you need to go to the help area... they are not wide spread so you need to get help on the issue... provide a crash report.... not every crash is a software bug.
Dj Beware 4:56 PM - 4 September, 2010
and yah by BUG I meant HELP .... lol thanks kraal...wasn't trying to say he/she was necessarily having a software bug... :)
DJ GaFFle 4:59 PM - 4 September, 2010
I think I honestly never noticed the HELP section on the main page... I only knew about the 1.7 Beta Help. They should have it listed as:

"Help - Numark NS7, NSFX, and V7"
instead of...
Numark NS7, NSFX, and V7 Help

I just posted it... Thanx :-)
KLH 5:23 PM - 4 September, 2010
Quote:
1.7 is rubbish!

Bullsh*t. 1.7 Final is new, not rubbish. Get it right.

-KLH
DJ Sergio B 5:31 PM - 4 September, 2010
I had a great night with 1.7 but my friend - who also has an ns7 (no fx add) has run into a few issues...but two things hes done:

1) remove all corrupt files
Because apparently no matter if youre playing the corrupt ones or not - they can still crash it
2) watch the limiter
He would be hitting his and sometimes hed let songs peak and continue to hit it in the yellow / red light zones - which would be when his audio hiccups would happen

He is still sketched out about playing a gig with it but - hey i he hasnt had 1.7 crash on him since.

But i dont know how much more stable 1.5 is - is it night and day?
DJ GaFFle 5:43 PM - 4 September, 2010
Quote:
...But i dont know how much more stable 1.5 is - is it night and day?

It is night and day. With ver. 1.5, I'm not sketchy with watching limiters/removing corrupt files/disabling beat grid and all sorts of try this/try that stuff.

Hopefully, they'll find the bugs and work them out.
kraal 6:09 PM - 4 September, 2010
i am doing my first full gig today... ( a private party so no big issues) with 1.7 i will report back
DJdaveZ 6:12 PM - 4 September, 2010
submit a help request... www.serato.com
Dj Ricky Redz 6:22 PM - 4 September, 2010
i too see the 1.7 as being "unfinished"
luckee_d 6:24 PM - 4 September, 2010
They released it to keep people with little or no issues happy. For those of us that have issues, send help requests...

Blah blah blah, this is BS!!!!!!
seratosnatch 6:25 PM - 4 September, 2010
I was using my Xone DX. Remove track is Shift and load.
DJdaveZ 6:30 PM - 4 September, 2010
you guys gotta realize... they can't possibly test every controller with every computer configuration... thats why every release will still have bugs to be worked out in some cases... thats why there are help requests coming in all the time... to fix the isolated problems...
kraal 6:53 PM - 4 September, 2010
Quote:
They released it to keep people with little or no issues happy. For those of us that have issues, send help requests...

that is how all the software works... that is why there IS a help forums.....
look at any dj software it is always been like that...... I enjoy itch but seriously this forum is full of nothing but complaining.... start a help ticket get your issues resolved it is quite simple really
luckee_d 7:00 PM - 4 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

that is how all the software works... that is why there IS a help forums.....
look at any dj software it is always been like that...... I enjoy itch but seriously this forum is full of nothing but complaining.... start a help ticket get your issues resolved it is quite simple really

Dude, I know what a forum is for, and I am a venting customer, get over it. I paid just like you... And I know how simple it is. Months and months go by...Thanks!
BinnzieBoy 9:11 PM - 4 September, 2010
Boy i'm putting 1.7 back in the box! I'm running a mac with NS7 and no way is 1.7 ready for the floor. Glitches with loading songs. Analising files seems to bring up more currupt files than ever and the beatgrid does strange thinbs when switching tracks. Come on Serato! 1.7 should still be in Beta!
czar 5:28 AM - 5 September, 2010
maybe 2.0 ir aound teh corner and they really have to push 1.7 out the door.
djcerla 6:35 AM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
2.0 ir aound teh corner and they really have to push 1.7 out the door.

Corrected for you.
seratosnatch 10:17 AM - 5 September, 2010
1.7 needs to come out and move on..sure the next update will be awesome.
1.7 is a big leap from 1.5..and to go from 1.5 /1.6 to 2.0 would be too big leap, so 1.7 is the boarder between..(maybe)
zaguama 2:00 PM - 5 September, 2010
im guessing 2.0 for early 2011, depends if scratchlive plans on releasesing another toy that people need to play with and serato focus all their attention to it again :)
Mind Detonator 2:10 PM - 5 September, 2010
I'm back on 1.5 ... 1.7 have not even analyze songs right... Actually it did't analyzed them at all... Limiter in it is the worst idea by guys at serato. don't do this to us, remove that shit from it... and that beatgrid, wtf, it's Serato, so keep it Serato, it works like Virtual DJ...which is shity as hell... man, they doing so great job on Scratch Live, why don't make ITCH that way...
djcerla 3:22 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
Limiter in it is the worst idea by guys at serato. don't do this to us, remove that shit from it...

The limiter is an important part pf ITCH since 1.0, it's always been there.

Now you just get a handy visual indication of the limiter action.

As a rule of thumb, always get your facts straigth before ranting :)
kraal 4:21 PM - 5 September, 2010
wow blind ranting is my entertaining .....

like i always say there is a constructive way to achieve results
TFRASER 4:23 PM - 5 September, 2010
i,m going back to 1.5 to me that is a stable version of itch. i like 1.7 but i must admit i,ve been a itch user for a year and i,ve never had any hiccups until this new version, i have the vci 300 & the a pair of v7,s the i agree the limiter was always there but it probably was not as sensitive in the older version so serato should really improve that so we can move on to the next big thing.
kraal 4:25 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
i,m going back to 1.5 to me that is a stable version of itch. i like 1.7 but i must admit i,ve been a itch user for a year and i,ve never had any hiccups until this new version, i have the vci 300 & the a pair of v7,s the i agree the limiter was always there but it probably was not as sensitive in the older version so serato should really improve that so we can move on to the next big thing.

the limiter is the same. it is interesting that now that you have a visual input everyone is like of crap. If you are getting issue when you hit the limiter it may no be the limiter that is causing it but what you are DOING that hits the limit
TFRASER 4:29 PM - 5 September, 2010
just playing all my analyzed tracks at 320 kbts thats all i,m doing is that wrong?
kraal 4:31 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
just playing all my analyzed tracks at 320 kbts thats all i,m doing is that wrong?

that's where the issue lies... i believe there is something going on in the files once the beatgrid is added and read.... what? i have no idea but it is not the limiter causing it.... or then again the graphical representation of the limiter COULD also be the issue
DJ Sergio B 4:39 PM - 5 September, 2010
well another night out with the dreaded 1.7 and no crash! -- however!

bout 3 hours in it spiked hard and looked like it might bite it - .....and then it went away! - I looked to see if I had something scheduled to happen at 1:00 am but i didn't - nothing is enabled to happen 'cept defragment and thats on a Wednesday at noon.

Maybe I will give 1.5 a shot to see how stable it is....it can't be just in their minds if everyone is going back to it. I never had a chance to play with 1.5....but in going backwards - will I need to reanalyze my files for 1.5?
czar 6:22 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:

laughable... btw u misspelled something too as I did before when you "corrected" me. just saying.
KLH 7:53 PM - 5 September, 2010
@Mind Detonator - this is one of the funniest posts that I've read in a long time:

Quote:
I'm back on 1.5 ... 1.7 have not even analyze songs right... Actually it did't analyzed them at all... Limiter in it is the worst idea by guys at serato. don't do this to us, remove that shit from it... and that beatgrid, wtf, it's Serato, so keep it Serato, it works like Virtual DJ...which is shity as hell... man, they doing so great job on Scratch Live, why don't make ITCH that way...

Let's decompose this:

Quote:
1.7 have not even analyze songs right... Actually it did't analyzed them at all...

There's now a three-phase analysis happening - waveform, BPM, and beat-grid. I doubt that the first and second have changed much. The beat-grid, however, is new so EXPECT some issues with this for a while. It will get better with time.

Quote:
Limiter in it is the worst idea by guys at serato. don't do this to us, remove that shit from it...

ALL DJ apps have a limiter - because the mixing two tracks practically guarantees clipping and distortion if you don't use a limiter. What's been updated, however, is the auto-gain feature that may be clashing with the limiter. Again, this will get better with time.

Quote:
and that beatgrid, wtf, it's Serato, so keep it Serato, it works like Virtual DJ... man, they doing so great job on Scratch Live, why don't make ITCH that way...

I dunno - maybe because SSL and ITCH are two separate products? LOL! The beat-grid is the second feature of ITCH that is truly independent of SSL - with the first being high-speed MIDI for the high performance platters - and you want to remove the independent features from ITCH? Ummm - how about NO! DON'T REMOVE THE BEAT-GRID! PLEASE GIVE US MORE FEATURES THAT SSL DOESN'T HAVE, SERATO!

If you want SSL, get SSL - it's a great product. I want ITCH because I don't want SSL.

-KLH
seratosnatch 7:54 PM - 5 September, 2010
Funny when new version comes out everyone bitches..
Same on the Traktor forums when Traktor Pro came out. & comes out with updates...then users start to feel good with it.
kraal 8:01 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
Funny when new version comes out everyone bitches..

right the freezing and audio drop out issue is something that needs to be resolved but i dont get the 'you added a feature i dont want to use' complaints
nik39 8:21 PM - 5 September, 2010
Hey Gaffle :)

Quote:
I have the crash log if it needs to be sent.

can you post the crash log?

Quote:
Quote:

The limiter is an important part pf ITCH since 1.0, it's always been there.

Now you just get a handy visual indication of the limiter action.

We just need a fix for the Limiter LED giving signs when you exactly hit 0dB (on the V7's at least). This is confusing for people because the LED turns on when you play a track at maximum non-distorted, unclipping volume. Makes not a lot of sense.

Quote:

Hey... I could have said that to you! Stop stealing my words ;)
seratosnatch 8:24 PM - 5 September, 2010
should be a 1.7.1 soon.
DJ LIL M 9:46 PM - 5 September, 2010
i see its more problems with 1.7 then it was with 1.5 lol
djcerla 10:47 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

laughable... btw u misspelled something too as I did before when you "corrected" me. just saying.

You don't understand. My "correction" was deleting the "maybe" from your sentence because i totally agreed with it.

And what is "laughable" in getting facts straigth before ranting?
DjCarrero 3:10 AM - 6 September, 2010
Okay.

Here is my take on the final Itch 1.7. I have used it for the past 48 hours and I have not had a single Crash. I am using the old mybook pro I bought in 2008..... I asked for beatgrid initially but I am not too fasinated with it right now I am using itch with beatgrid off. I use the beat grid on simple to great my hot loops and so on. I am waiting for the dicer to be compatibles with itch and will buy as well. I am not sure the nsfx is worth buying, I have used it but I would like to be able to add samples and other effects. The Brake effect is great when used at the right time. But other than that NSFX is not all that. Going back to the latest version of ITch not trouble whats so ever.
Serato
Zeb 3:10 AM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
I'm back on 1.5 ... 1.7 have not even analyze songs right... Actually it did't analyzed them at all

If you want ITCH to recalculate your bpm's, you need to clear the old bpm's first.

Quote:
... Limiter in it is the worst idea by guys at serato. don't do this to us, remove that shit from it...

The limiter has always been in ITCH, it just didn't have an indicator, what is it about the indicator that makes it now a bad idea?

Quote:
and that beatgrid, wtf, it's Serato, so keep it Serato, it works like Virtual DJ...which is shity as hell...

If you don't want to use beat grid, you can disable it in the setup screen.
seratosnatch 5:06 AM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:

not on DX setup screen??
Serato
Zeb 6:01 AM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

not on DX setup screen??

Yeah you are right seratosnatch, this change was made to make it easier for users coming from 1.6 to 1.7
DJdaveZ 6:45 AM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not on DX setup screen??

Yeah you are right seratosnatch, this change was made to make it easier for users coming from 1.6 to 1.7

you mean dx users have no option but to use the beat grid? would it be that horrible to offer the option to disable it?
luckee_d 5:14 PM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not on DX setup screen??

you mean dx users have no option but to use the beat grid? would it be that horrible to offer the option to disable it?

agree totally, why can DX users not have that option as well????
DJ GaFFle 7:43 PM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
Hey Gaffle :)

can you post the crash log?

Hey nik39,

I reposted this in the HELP forum and attached the crash log to my ticket.

I will say I was so desperate to use ver. 1.7 for its song KEY value on deck capability that I set screen refresh to about 30 and delay to 5ms. I was spinning House music so scratching or precise cut response wasn't necessary. I got no dropouts and made it through the gig w/o a crash or audio drop. Thank goodness because 1200+ ladies would have been pissed if it had.

Version 1.7 is ENTIRELY too CPU hungry/intensive considering my MBPro 2.6GHz ran 100% fine and w/o hiccups on version 1.5 with 1ms latency, full 60 on screen refresh + it wasn't even in 'high performance' graphics mode like it HAS TO BE right now...
TFRASER 9:16 PM - 6 September, 2010
+ 1
DjCarrero 2:24 AM - 7 September, 2010
Again,

I have a 2007 Macbook Pro and I have now been spinning for the past 10 days and no heekups.
kraal 2:41 AM - 7 September, 2010
Quote:
Again,

I have a 2007 Macbook Pro and I have now been spinning for the past 10 days and no heekups.

what version of osx?
Dj Beware 8:11 AM - 7 September, 2010
me too no issues.....I have have a 2009 2.4Ghz MBP OSX 10.6.4 1ms fastest screen refresh setting. The only dropout I experience is when I am recording and the temp file gets to the maximum size, and a new one starts it a has momentarily drop out, but I believe it always has even with previous versions.....which reminds me to open a HELP request about that :)

I am still not convinced this is a CPU issue as I run Ableton in the background whenever I gig, and my CPU stays pretty calm, it is CPU higher usage than 1.5 but generally its ok, and when I am home I have WIFI, bluetooth running infact sometimes I actually surf while a song is playing, and I get problems.

Oh yah and as of now I have NOT installed the graphics update.

Its really interesting how many different configs have issues.....Its probably some unrelated coincidence but the moment I put a ferrite on my stock USB cable sometime ago I have really not experienced any issues with ITCH other than those Serato have acknowledged as a general issue
DJ GaFFle 12:01 PM - 7 September, 2010
Quote:
me too no issues.....I have have a 2009 2.4Ghz MBP OSX 10.6.4 1ms fastest screen refresh setting. The only dropout I experience is when I am recording and the temp file gets to the maximum size, and a new one starts it a has momentarily drop out, but I believe it always has even with previous versions.....which reminds me to open a HELP request about that :)

I am still not convinced this is a CPU issue as I run Ableton in the background whenever I gig, and my CPU stays pretty calm, it is CPU higher usage than 1.5 but generally its ok, and when I am home I have WIFI, bluetooth running infact sometimes I actually surf while a song is playing, and I get problems.

Oh yah and as of now I have NOT installed the graphics update.

Its really interesting how many different configs have issues.....Its probably some unrelated coincidence but the moment I put a ferrite on my stock USB cable sometime ago I have really not experienced any issues with ITCH other than those Serato have acknowledged as a general issue

I doubt the ferrite has anything to do with the dropouts. I updated my USB to a supposedly high-quality one posted by someone on here a good while ago. I just don't think it's a good idea to toss out supposed 'fixes' that take focus off of the true source of the problem 'the software app'.

What's the deal with this 'graphics update'? Can it be had via software update or do you have to go to Apple and specifically download it? I'm up to date with my updates according to software update under the Apple drop down menu.
Dj Beware 12:13 PM - 7 September, 2010
I actually doubt the ferrite has anything to do with it either but I am pretty sure using won't make the situation worse, for those who have not invested in a better quality cable.

I think if you don't have the graphics update listed when you do a software update, you probably already installed it, as it currently shows on mine.

Have you guys having problems scanned your MP3' s? as I just remembered after installing 1.7 and reanalyzing I had a lot corrupt files, so I ended up scanning & repairing them. Then I decided to just scan my whole library whether Itch reported them corrupt or not and there was still quite a few that were in need of "repair", so I repaired them all. I used triq.net perhaps corrupt MP3's can be a source of the these random issues? As to me the detection of corrupt files had to of changed between 1.5 and 1.7

****Don't hold me responsible if you screw you MP3 files always be careful when you use software to repair MP3's, always have backups****
DJ GaFFle 2:33 PM - 7 September, 2010
LOL @ Beware's disclaimer.

I re-analyzed my whole library on 1.7 and I've had crashes on non-corrupt mp3s twice.
Maskrider 10:38 PM - 7 September, 2010
The only issues I have with 1.7 is when I have my V7 connected the processor meter goes to Red but for some reason I never heard a single drop out but I'm still scared to use it, but with my VCI300 everything is ok except for the Limiter flashing.
Serato
Zeb 11:57 PM - 7 September, 2010
Quote:

Quote:
not on DX setup screen??

Quote:

Quote:

No, DX users can either remove beat grid from their songs if they don't want to ever use them, or just not use sync & the beat grid will not be in use. Or you can change your view on the XONE so that you can have them in the file but not see the beat grid in the waveform & just not use sync. But there is no option in the setup screen to disable beat grid.
DJdaveZ 2:13 AM - 8 September, 2010
zeb, what would be bad about putting the "Enable beat grid" check box in the setup for DX users? seems as though some users would like to simple way to get rid of anything to do with the beat grid like i've enjoyed with the vci... i dont use it, and don't want to invest the time to go through even a few hundred files and fix the beat grids, let alone thousands.

maybe i just havent figured out a fast way to make the beat grids correct...
DjCarrero 2:19 AM - 8 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Again,

what version of osx?

I have a Mac OS X, Verson 10.5.8, Processor 2.5 Ghz Intel Core Duo, Memory 2 GB 66 Mhz DDR2 Sdram...

I have not done any software update from the time I purchased this computer.
kraal 2:42 AM - 8 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Again,

what version of osx?

I have a Mac OS X, Verson 10.5.8, Processor 2.5 Ghz Intel Core Duo, Memory 2 GB 66 Mhz DDR2 Sdram...

see it still points to snow leapard being the issue
DJ GaFFle 6:24 PM - 8 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Again,

what version of osx?

see it still points to iTch version 1.7 being the issue

Fixed
Dj Beware 10:31 AM - 9 September, 2010
what's fixed?
BadBoyChubs 1:41 AM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Again,

what version of osx?

I agree that snow leopard is the problem, I re-installed my 10.5.8 and no problems so far, my files are analyzing easying with out freezing my mac or crash it. with snow i cant do nothing o my computer while analyzing not even listen to a track.

my spec: Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
DJ GaFFle 7:20 AM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Again,

what version of osx?

I agree that snow leopard is the problem, I re-installed my 10.5.8 and no problems so far, my files are analyzing easying with out freezing my mac or crash it. with snow i cant do nothing o my computer while analyzing not even listen to a track...

Why does iTch version 1.5 work very efficiently and w/o a glitch under Snow Leopard 10.6.4.... yet when Serato introduces a new version 1.7 with enhancements, suddenly Snow Leopard 10.6.4 is "the problem"?

You guys sound like the Apple execs that said "maybe the consumers are holding the new iPhone G4 incorrectly..."
kraal 7:37 AM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:

Why does iTch version 1.5 work very efficiently and w/o a glitch under Snow Leopard 10.6.4.... yet when Serato introduces a new version 1.7 with enhancements, suddenly Snow Leopard 10.6.4 is "the problem"?

You guys sound like the Apple execs that said "maybe the consumers are holding the new iPhone G4 incorrectly..."

because there are things added to ITCH and 10.6.4 which seem to be conflicting... the simple fact that i am running fine once i down graded from 10.6.4 and 1,7 is working fine
BadBoyChubs 10:51 AM - 10 September, 2010
1.7 takes forever to shut down, maybe after 10 minutes. whereas 1.5 shuts down easy
DJ GaFFle 3:04 PM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

because there are things added to ITCH and 10.6.4 which seem to be conflicting... the simple fact that i am running fine once i down graded from 10.6.4 and 1,7 is working fine

Soooo... we want multi-billion dollar Apple to re-engineer Snow Leopard to work nicely with iTch?
kraal 5:34 PM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:

Soooo... we want multi-billion dollar Apple to re-engineer Snow Leopard to work nicely with iTch?

you are so missing the point and making a ridiculous argument in the mean time. What we want is for serato to track down the source of the issues ... see what has changed with snow leopard and see what the issue is.....
DJ GaFFle 5:50 PM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:
...What we want is for serato to track down the source of the issues ...

THis is what I want too.

Quote:
...see what has changed with snow leopard and see what the issue is.....

This is where you are missing the point. iTch ver 1.7 is changed/new/modified... not Snow Leopard.
kraal 6:36 PM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

THis is what I want too.

Quote:

This is where you are missing the point. iTch ver 1.7 is changed/new/modified... not Snow Leopard.

wow i just love arguing for not reason carry on
rickyj 8:07 PM - 10 September, 2010
I have the ns7 and mine crashes sometime...this shit is crazy. How do you reinstall 1.5
seratosnatch 9:04 PM - 10 September, 2010
This gets me pissed because I knew 1.7 was not ready!
Dj Beware 9:45 PM - 10 September, 2010
Just curious for those of you who are having problems if you downgrade back to 10.6.2 or 10.6.1. or just 10.6 do you still have issues? Does the problem seem like Snow Leopard (10.6 and up) or the last update's to Snow Leopard (10.6.4/3). ITCH 1.5 was out in Feb I believe, which means when it came out 10.6.2 was out and everyone seemed much more stable, perhaps the issue is not Snow Leopard and more so conflicts with 10.6.4? and installing 10.5 resolves just becuase its just doing less, meaning less CPU usuage? I noticed on the list of things updated on 10.6.3 is an update on third party USB devices support.apple.com

I feel you guys who are having issues I am very glad I am not having any issues with 10.6.4 :) ....

Maybe also try only installing OSX and absolutely nothing else except ITCH, perhaps its another software screwing things up?

Also If you guys record via ITCH do you get the dropouts in the recording?
kraal 9:55 PM - 10 September, 2010
Quote:

Maybe also try only installing OSX and absolutely nothing else except ITCH, perhaps its another software screwing things up?

Also If you guys record via ITCH do you get the dropouts in the recording?

for those who do not know... i have tested with three completly different hard drives all in the same laptop.... with 10.6 i got no drop outs... nothing but osx and itch put on the hard drive... once i updated to 10.6.4 the drop outs returned immediatly.
seratosnatch 6:38 AM - 11 September, 2010
I am on OSX 10.5.8 and I am still getting dropouts.
Dj Beware 4:31 PM - 12 September, 2010
@kraal so just to confirm anything before 10.6.4 (10.6.3/2/1) and you were all good?

@seratosnatch were you getting dropouts before ITCH 1.7 on 10.5.8?
kraal 5:56 PM - 12 September, 2010
Quote:
@kraal so just to confirm anything before 10.6.4 (10.6.3/2/1) and you were all good?

yes
seratosnatch 6:41 PM - 12 September, 2010
Yes..DJ Beware. 10.5.8 .
Still have them at random times.
Serato
Zeb 1:58 AM - 13 September, 2010
Quote:
I am on OSX 10.5.8 and I am still getting dropouts.

Hey seratosnatch,

I'm not sure if your issue is the same as others, you are using the XONE right & that is not supported by 1.5. You have had dropouts with the the XONE in 1.6 also, so I don't think your issue is specific to 1.7.

What XONE DX driver version are you using?
seratosnatch 4:59 AM - 13 September, 2010
Hi Zeb,

I am using the driver from the 1.7 GM install.
I have very few dropouts, but they are still there.
I have nothing else running and wifi/blue off.
By adjusting the usb to 10ms, and the screen updates to a much slower speed, the drops are almost gone.

I am using a DX.
I am using 1.6 -1.7.
Dj Ricky Redz 3:05 PM - 13 September, 2010
I'm using the v7 and on osx 10.6 and having dropouts!!!
DeeJayDoubleD 5:58 PM - 13 September, 2010
Never had any problems with itch until i went to 1.7. The worst thing i ever had happened before was pinwhere for a couple seconds when i had a corrupt file but no audio dropouts or skips. I haven't changed laptops, using the same external HD, airport off, bluetooth off, power settings all set to maximum. I have had several things happen. One being my track was playing, i had already loaded my next track so i wasn't doing anything but listening to the song play and i had a slight glitch almost a skip, that happened about 3 times thoughout the night at my friday gig, and then again twice on my saturday gig, called serato they told me to set my latency up a notch. So i went from 0 which i never had any problems with, up to 2. Then this past weekend at my friday gig, slight glitch again and then right at about peak hour, my track started skipping like a cd and then BOOM complete ITCH crash. I went back to 1.5 for my saturday gig and flawless all night.
DJ GaFFle 6:04 PM - 13 September, 2010
Quote:
...slight glitch again and then right at about peak hour, my track started skipping like a cd and then BOOM complete ITCH crash. I went back to 1.5 for my saturday gig and flawless all night.

LOL... join the club. If you truly want to use version 1.7 w/o those glitches then you've gotta set the latency to 10ms or greater and screen refresh to 20 or 10. I know those are ridiculous recommendations but it's only if you're dead press on using it.

The best solution is to do like you did... go back to version 1.5 and diTch iTch 1.7.
DeeJayDoubleD 6:06 PM - 13 September, 2010
I honestly just updated because i thought that's what you typically do lol, but i don't need any of the new features so im sticking with 1.5!!
zaguama 7:14 PM - 13 September, 2010
i haven't experienced any issues with the NS7 and ITCH 1.7 final, im running 10.6.4 OSX and Corei5 MBP.
DeeJayDoubleD 8:19 PM - 13 September, 2010
Well i honestly don't know then, i don't store any music, files, anything on my computer, and i never have had one problem with itch until i went to 1.7
BadBoyChubs 10:34 PM - 13 September, 2010
the is always a few who will not have problems, 10.5 vs 10.6 is starting to look like XP vs Vista, some have to run itch on xp to work perfect while others can work on vista.

1.7 to me needs jus a lil bit more work. i will miss messing around with improve efx and da grid but i trust i.5 a lil more i will play around some more with 1.7 on 10.5 and then upgrade again! since to 10.6 works great wid 1.5
czar 3:52 AM - 14 September, 2010
vista was a resource hog for sure. it used to take about 300mb extra then xp, but that was a the beginning when it was first launched. by service pack 2 it was all good. just wait a little bit it will be fixed..
seratosnatch 5:03 AM - 14 September, 2010
IMOP.
1.7 is almost there. It needs some CPU tuning, audio dropouts problem and fix the flanger that is too loud.
south kac 10:28 AM - 16 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

THis is what I want too.

i want 1.5 back how can i get it or where can i download it at

Quote:

DjCarrero 2:16 AM - 17 September, 2010
I am loving itch 1.7 no problem not situation.
DJ Fades 4:25 PM - 17 September, 2010
Used 1.7 for the first time last night and as i loaded a song into deck b and brought it into the mix it just froze!!! also i noticed it is a cpu hog for some reason, i am consistantly at 60% or more and when loading songs i am always in the red, i am using a ns7fx with a macbook 2.16 with 2gb of ram and 200gb hd and airport etc is all shut off should i go back to 1.5?? has anyone else had this problem??
DJ GaFFle 5:25 PM - 17 September, 2010
Quote:
Used 1.7 for the first time last night and as i loaded a song into deck b and brought it into the mix it just froze!!! also i noticed it is a cpu hog for some reason, i am consistantly at 60% or more and when loading songs i am always in the red, i am using a ns7fx with a macbook 2.16 with 2gb of ram and 200gb hd and airport etc is all shut off should i go back to 1.5?? has anyone else had this problem??

You forgot to mention which version of OSX you're using. Go back to version 1.5 until the Serato developers say the coast is clear.

On version 1.5, I could have lower performance mode, Airport, a web session + active download, and several other apps running WITH the NS7 playing at a gig. Don't even think about attempting such scenario with version 1.7.
DJ Fades 6:01 PM - 17 September, 2010
Thanks for your insight...i am running snow leopard 10.6.4.... i have another gig tonight so i will install 1.5 before i go out...ill report how everything went later tonight.one thing 1.7 did have going for it was the effects were better lol
kraal 6:05 PM - 17 September, 2010
Quote:
Thanks for your insight...i am running snow leopard 10.6.4.... i have another gig tonight so i will install 1.5 before i go out...ill report how everything went later tonight.one thing 1.7 did have going for it was the effects were better lol

even thought this may or may not be the case. moving down from 10.6.4 has worked for some of us
DJ Fades 6:11 PM - 17 September, 2010
I will have to keep that in mind
Dj Beware 8:21 PM - 17 September, 2010
Quote:

Did you reanalyze your songs? Otherwise that's probably why your CPU usage went up so high. You need to reanalyze your track with 1.7 for the beat grid.
DJ MattL 6:16 AM - 18 September, 2010
how can i revert to 1.5 for tomorrows gig.... I dont feel comfortable with 1.7
kraal 7:58 AM - 18 September, 2010
dont you still have the installer on your computer?
here it is
www.serato.com
Maskrider 8:31 AM - 18 September, 2010
I hope all this things will be sorted out on future release.
Dj Ricky Redz 12:02 PM - 18 September, 2010
Wait guys!!! This is actually good!! It means 1.8 is soon to come and brings us closer to 2.0!!! Lmao on a serious note tho, I was able to run 1.5 on osx 10.6.4 that was running on an external hard drive with sound plant in the background using my v7 flawlessly!! Had to downgrade the os on the internal hard drive to just 10.6 to run 1.7.......... 1.5 is soooooo stable!!
DJ Fades 2:33 PM - 18 September, 2010
I ran 1.5 last night... No glitches ran at 50% all night except for when loading songs then it went in the red
seratosnatch 5:29 PM - 19 September, 2010
Gave my DX and Itch a run in front of a crowd of around 800 and it was a nervous time.
First thing that I noticed was the DX did not show any audio levels, slightly on the right side and during cueing only. The master levels were out.
Ok, had to live without that, but the next thing that happened was after about 10 minutes I engaged the FX, a filter I believe. and the audio dropped and a big pop sound. After about 30 minutes, I had a few audio hangs and the audio dropped out for a flash of a second. Problems also began with the sync. It seems the sync does not stay on. I had to keep on hitting sync to get it to work. The sync thing for me seems a little weird because there the tracks do not really know which is the master and which is the slave, therefore the songs have to be set again to sync to say" I'm master / you're slave" ..Seems a master clock would help or some big bug here.
I also noticed the sync drifts a bit as well. My grids are pretty good too, but the
grid seems not so tight. Not to be negative, but only honest with you, I think honestly I would never use this version out again in front of a large crowd. It is not stable and needs a lot of work. It does not feel solid or very stable. I am at least glad it did not crash.

Also, the fx seem to strong or loud..delays and phaser.
kraal 5:32 PM - 19 September, 2010
Quote:
Not to be negative, but only honest with you, I think honestly I would never use this version out again in front of a large crowd. .

i agree using the vci-300
DJ MattL 4:35 AM - 20 September, 2010
Ok so i reverted to 1.5 yesterday before my gig and could not get any audio after reinstalling the drives, so i gambled and used 1.7 at my gig. Luckily no crashed and only one bump using my macbook pro on high performance. Very laggy when scratching though. Can we please have 1.7.1 before next weekends gigs???
DJ GaFFle 11:27 AM - 20 September, 2010
Quote:
...Can we please have 1.7.1 before next weekends gigs???

Gr8 question... any answers... Mods?
marcA 1:39 PM - 20 September, 2010
Quote:
Also, the fx seem to strong or loud..delays and phaser.

i have the same, as soon as the FX are enabled the gain kinda increases
BadBoyChubs 8:37 PM - 21 September, 2010
1.7 gave me audio drop in 10.5.8 . so my conclusion is 1.7 gave me less problems on 10.5 whereas 10.6 my computer frooze especially while analyzing. 1.5 works flawless on both 10.5 & 10.6