Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Full Midi Mapping For Jog Wheels,Backlight Leds, Etc.

D.J. MYTH 5:52 PM - 3 September, 2010
There are alot of controllers and decks out there that Serato does not have Native Support for which makes them useless or not fully functional. It would be great if serato can make it fully midi mappable so that you can control jog wheels, backlight leds and etc.
dj bach 1:51 PM - 5 September, 2010
+1 !!! this would be the best.. but maybe, serato and pioneer ha an agreement, that prevents this :-/ unfurtunatly pioneer dosnt make a cdj midi controller only!

either support for the otus raw or a new pioneer cdj 2000 style midicontrol- with the posibility of 2 deck control...
wrosenbl12 10:01 PM - 5 September, 2010
+1 for midi out..serato has said in the past the likely hood of midi jog wheel support is small:

serato.com
BERTO 12:42 AM - 6 September, 2010
+ 1 akai lpd8 pads to stay lit!!! hell yea thats why i bought it!
djguiome 5:55 PM - 6 September, 2010
+ 1
D.J. MYTH 10:43 PM - 6 September, 2010
come on serato...what are you waiting for. Keep this post going guys.
dj bach 8:37 PM - 10 September, 2010
the mapping would only make serato more competetive and not so limited.
this is my only issue with serato- its gonna limit it self when the only supported controllers are pioneer cdj 400,900,2000...
currently im using two cdj 400 and sl 1.. if i should buy sl3, it would have to support smarter, smaller and more cost effective controllers then the cdj 900/2000.
i dont need a cd drive- (if i did, i would use recordbox instead) and wont pay extra for a part that im never gonna use and then theres the size- i cant/ wont carry three cdj 2000, its just way tooo unhandy and a step back in my world (this is the hole idea of using systems such as, serato, traktor, vdj ......)
i always carry my own controllers, because the cdjs around the clubs, are totally busted and its not easy to scratch a jog wheel soaked in dried out beer.

try compare a cdj 2000 to the otus raw ( www.otus.fi ) it doesnt need an external powersupply, its fully midimappable, it can control two decks, aluminium frame (tough, lightweight) and its compact in size.
Evil_banana 7:12 AM - 11 September, 2010
Quote:
if i should buy sl3, it would have to support smarter, smaller and more cost effective controllers then the cdj 900/2000

yeah, I never quite got why people would fork out all the cash for an expensive unit like the CDJ2000's with a ton of features... that don't work anyway because you're using serato...

Btw, did you check your own link? Not exactly DJ-material I think :o). Try this one => eks.fi

+1
dj bach 10:52 AM - 14 September, 2010
thanks evil banana - www.eks.fi is the right one :)
Evon 1:06 PM - 14 September, 2010
+1
Thinking of buying a midicontroller myself with jog wheels. Would be nice to be able to just hook up serato sl3 and a midicontroller and play internal so I don't have to carry my heavy equip to smaller gigs.
radikarl 12:09 PM - 16 September, 2010
Look at this Video, they claim that it is possible to use their device for Deck Control
Watchwww.youtube.com
(at about 35+ seconds)

What do you think, real or fake?
Source: www.salection.de (german)
Translated: translate.google.de
dj bach 4:22 PM - 17 September, 2010
its the stanton scs system- this is pure touch and no jog wheel, not the best way to scratch(/jog-control), if you ask me
radikarl 4:30 PM - 17 September, 2010
yes this specific device does not seem the best way, but if you read the comments...
it seems that it might be possible to trick every midi controller into thinking it were a Denon DN-HC 4500, and therefore support deck control.
yet i could not try though.
Evil_banana 9:23 AM - 20 September, 2010
Quote:
yes this specific device does not seem the best way, but if you read the comments...
it seems that it might be possible to trick every midi controller into thinking it were a Denon DN-HC 4500, and therefore support deck control.
yet i could not try though.

True, but I'm not sure if I want to create a setup by "tricking" the software and then start using that in front of a live crowd. :o)
Dj BuddyLove 8:56 PM - 30 December, 2010
Quote:
Look at this Video, they claim that it is possible to use their device for Deck Control
Watchwww.youtube.com
(at about 35+ seconds)

What do you think, real or fake?
Source: www.salection.de (german)
Translated: translate.google.de

I have the scs 3d & yes the jog control works.
wenywk 2:50 PM - 1 February, 2013
how do i map the jogwheel with stanton scs 3?