Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Website Promo Videos

DJ MDX 2:12 PM - 28 May, 2010
What is everyone doing for Promo Video's on your website?

What file types and settings are you using to make sure the end user (your potential customer) has the best user friendly experience?

Thanks in advance for all replies.
DJ MDX 10:11 PM - 28 May, 2010
Hmmm, I thought I would get a lot of replies since there are a lot of guys here posting video's in other place other than YouTube.

I'll continue my research and see what I can find..
djpuma_gemini 11:43 PM - 28 May, 2010
I'd like to know this to.

I don't feel like making a dvd and handing it out, but I guess I could.

I might add a download link for an iphone friendly mp4 and don't forget to edit the metadata to show your name, website, phone or whatever so they know what is playing and by who, unless you put a watermark across the entire thing, but I'd still edit the data.
Funkytownstopsix 1:31 PM - 2 June, 2010
I have done a few things
1. If I give a dvd it will be short and will have watermark on top left and bottom high enough and low enough where it cant but cut off.
2. I just send them to my website I have stuff on there that I could care less if people take.
3. I set up a live ustream session for them. This has workded for me really well, I even let them text me with request....To me this is the best because I have two cameras you can see me and my equiment as well as the mix. Plus I know right then and there if they liked it. Come on a live show you gotta love it.
DJ MDX 1:40 PM - 2 June, 2010
@djpuma - I agree with iPhone friendly promo mix - that is what I have done so far and, yes, all tagged correctly.
DJ MDX 1:42 PM - 2 June, 2010
@Funkytownstopsix I like the UStream idea - I have used that in the past with just audio and video does make sense - I'll have to work out the PIP thing. I've tried it before but some of the camera's I have won't work that way.

Any recommendations on what camera's do work for PIP on Mac?
Funkytownstopsix 2:05 PM - 2 June, 2010
lol ......any that they say work for mac....and boy they are hard to find... I think I got the rockfish cam...Since I am at work I cant confirm but I am like 99% sure thats what it is. Use camtwist and you can line in as many cams as you usb ports, it will seem as its lagging so I turn them on as needed and turn them back off. Downloads I just dont do people will use it in a set no matter how jacked up it looks... Yet you have to demo some how.
DJ MDX 3:05 PM - 2 June, 2010
LMAO, I just thought about it - I was trying to do PIP with two cameras before but I don't need that for this since the main pic will be the video and PIP will be the web cam.... I have had coffee now...lol

Anyway this is theone I am using presently for Mac and it works very well.
www.logitech.com
Funkytownstopsix 3:16 PM - 2 June, 2010
When I say hard to find I mean unless your at a mac store its hard finding Mac products.
Rockfish cam I got is auto focus as well... its kinda cool cause when I move away it zooms. Damn dude your down the street I just checked your profile your in Austin. Im in Fort Worth. Another Texas Video Dj small world.
DJ MDX 5:50 PM - 2 June, 2010
lol, so that the FunkyTown in your name, huh? Good see another Texas DJ here!
dj vmb 6:28 PM - 2 June, 2010
@ Funkytown, Do you mean rockfish or rocketfish? i've been lookin for a decent webcam also.
DJ AO 3:37 AM - 3 June, 2010
Quote:
@Funkytownstopsix I like the UStream idea - I have used that in the past with just audio and video does make sense - I'll have to work out the PIP thing. I've tried it before but some of the camera's I have won't work that way.

Any recommendations on what camera's do work for PIP on Mac?

If you have a regular webcam for a pc, try pluggin it in to the mac (it might not work right away, leave it plugged in and restart your computer. the new webcam should now be available) This worked for an hp cam that was for pc only. It didnt work at first. So i gave up, didnt unplug it though. Then the next day when i turned my computer back on, it was on my list of cams to stream from. It was pretty weird, but most cams made for pc, work on the mac with no requirements to add other software. I know there is a list.... Just google something like "Which PC webcams work on a mac"
DJ DisGrace 3:40 AM - 3 June, 2010
Installing Mac Cam got my windows webcam to work... had to drop a file in the QT directory tho
Funkytownstopsix 4:09 AM - 3 June, 2010
@ dmv I have the Rocketfish... Doin Blue Mesa again Friday he told me today for the next six months so if I have to move around your up...... Just so damn hot here in Texas I hate to go anywhere......
dj vmb 2:59 PM - 14 June, 2010
haha, i got you