DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Virtualremix just does not cut it...

ta2423 9:41 PM - 10 April, 2010
Just my 2 cents on virtualremix pool. No customer service at all to its customers, very limited files. Not happy at all with this pool and what it offers. -1
DJ Di 2:18 AM - 14 April, 2010
I have been a member for 3 weeks now. They have a ton of new and classic music remixes by DJ Larry D and just added more remixers. Their videos are tag free and high quality, best I've seen around. I sent them an email asking to remix a Black Eyed Peas video. They responded right away and even remixed the video the next day. I am very happy with the service and can't believe how much I get for only $9.99 a month. Overall I rate them 5 STARS!!!
bgardali 2:55 AM - 14 April, 2010
^lol @ DJ Di. Are they paying you to advertise that well?
Marx&Villain 3:06 AM - 14 April, 2010
LOLLOL hey DJ Di - Member Since: reading this post and signing up to help advertise virtualremix.

hey asshole,
someone had a legitimate complaint, and instead of addressing it like a company with good customer service would (aka Serato/Rane) you decided ti create a bullshit account and write the most obviously fake post ive ever read.

virtualremix just failed.
Dj_Dropz_ 3:21 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
LOLLOL hey DJ Di - Member Since: reading this post and signing up to help advertise virtualremix.

hey asshole,
someone had a legitimate complaint, and instead of addressing it like a company with good customer service would (aka Serato/Rane) you decided ti create a bullshit account and write the most obviously fake post ive ever read.

virtualremix just failed.

+1
wheres serato when you need em? i mean can dj di advertise like that?
Marx&Villain 3:28 AM - 14 April, 2010
lol i just visited their "website"

i use quotations for a reason, its barely a site, whoever designed this website did a SPECTACULAR job, probably the G.O.A.T. amirite?
ta2423 3:32 AM - 14 April, 2010
Ahhhh damn should I give out my password just to prove it? $9.99 lost but hopefully save others from losing it to...
Marx&Villain 3:34 AM - 14 April, 2010
i hope you're canceling your account, id flag it as a fraudulent charge, just to see if the guy who runs the site would even bother fighting it, or if he knows he's running a sham site.
ta2423 3:40 AM - 14 April, 2010
Thats funny my account is blocked before the month is even over... Yes account cancelled now.
Marx&Villain 3:42 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Thats funny my account is blocked before the month is even over... Yes account cancelled now.

lol call your bank, report the charge. even though its only ten bucks, its the principle of the matter. fuck them.
DJ Unique 3:51 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:

They suck for canceling you.
Next time don't advertise you're going to give out password info though.
ta2423 3:54 AM - 14 April, 2010
That was just posted 8 minutes before the other post. Theres no way they blocked it while reading this within a couple of minutes, let alone find out which account I am. Shit I was probably the only one.
Dj_Dropz_ 3:59 AM - 14 April, 2010
how did u hear of that so called '' record pool?''
Marx&Villain 4:09 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
how did u hear of that so called '' record pool?''

lol great question, i doubt their marketing budget is too big lol
DJ Di 4:20 AM - 14 April, 2010
Sorry guys, I'm not a guy. I thought you were wanting to know where I got my remixes. I won't post anything here anymore. Seems a little hostile.
Dj_Dropz_ 4:23 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Sorry guys, I'm not a guy. I thought you were wanting to know where I got my remixes. I won't post anything here anymore. Seems a little hostile.

its just sounded ''weird'' thats all... how can someone talk so harshly about the service and someone else saying the complete opposite without atleast agreeing on a point? read your post and tell us it doesnt sound like an ad... not being a dick DJ DI
Marx&Villain 4:25 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:

i call bullshit
DJ Di 4:25 AM - 14 April, 2010
I was only voicing my experience. I do mostly large events and video shows. They helped me get it done. They're good for what I do. No worries...
ta2423 4:26 AM - 14 April, 2010
I was running through threads here and kind of check out all pools people mention and try them out looking for the ones I like. It was in one of them where a member said that and franchise were his favorites... I tried to do a search but cannot find the exact post. Since my library is where I want it I will probably keep one pool and buy video's that I like. Ive kinda noticed you get what you see... I didnt see much before i joined virtual and I didnt see much after I joined. I like the few sites that actually let you see the single video's for sell. You know pretty much what you are getting and if you like it spend the 3 bucks to buy it.
DJ Di 4:29 AM - 14 April, 2010
I do both, pay per track and subscription services. I like them both, just depends on what I need.
Marx&Villain 4:30 AM - 14 April, 2010
if they had nothing to hide, they wouldn't have ONE song and ONE video on display to non members.

@DJ Di - i still dont buy it, calling bullshit one more time.
Dj_Dropz_ 4:33 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
I was only voicing my experience. I do mostly large events and video shows. They helped me get it done. They're good for what I do. No worries...

well seems like your the only one.... p.s. i just finished checking this pool out and all i can say is that its ''rought around the edges''... lol... why not go with a reputable pool like everyone else? that way u dont get scammed (in ta2423's case)
Dj_Dropz_ 4:35 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
if they had nothing to hide, they wouldn't have ONE song and ONE video on display to non members.

^^^^ lol.... harsh....
DJ Di 4:37 AM - 14 April, 2010
I don't think it's anything to hide, one of the remixers was at the Vegas DJ show. He was pretty impressive, loved his stuff. I tried it out. Liked it. Just that simple. I spoke with him a long time, he's been remixing for 20 years or something like that. Customers love it. I met the guy in person, no scam. I like things that are new, life is an adventure...nothing ventured, nothing gained hahahaha No worries guys, have a good night, it's 11:37 p.m. here
Marx&Villain 4:37 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^ lol.... harsh....

sorry lol calling it like i see it. this kind of shit needs to get nipped in the bud before it runs rampant, just my opinion.
Marx&Villain 4:41 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
I don't think it's anything to hide, one of the remixers was at the Vegas DJ show. He was pretty impressive, loved his stuff. I tried it out. Liked it. Just that simple. I spoke with him a long time, he's been remixing for 20 years or something like that. Customers love it. I met the guy in person, no scam. I like things that are new, life is an adventure...nothing ventured, nothing gained hahahaha No worries guys, have a good night, it's 11:37 p.m. here

customers love what? from what I see theres nothing to offer lol. and by customers, i hope your including ta2423 opinion, because im not sure he "loves it"

buyer beware: virtualremix
ta2423 4:43 AM - 14 April, 2010
Dj Di Im not promoting by all means but keeping it simple... If you like virtual remix you will love all the others. The record pools ive liked so far after going through a dozen or more are... franchise, extendamix,8thwonder,yourremix now has a new pool called heat. My singles are coming from yourremix and strictlyhits. Thats where I am at in my video hunting with joining everyone I find and trying them. If something is shady Im letting everyone know... Get me for 10 bucks cool but Im letting everyone I can know so virtualremix and the likes doesnt get their money too.
DJ Di 4:58 AM - 14 April, 2010
Why are you so against them? What do you know about them? I thought they were very nice and knowledgeable at the Vegas show. Lots of years experience. Tell me what you know. I"ve met them and spoken with them...I liked them and I like something new and different. We're all different, with our own tastes and criteria. I respect your opinion. I like them.
Marx&Villain 5:01 AM - 14 April, 2010
i dont believe you are a customer. its that simple, no need for an argument, you have stated your opinion, and I mine.

i think your lying.

go to sleep, you mentioned it was getting late lol
ta2423 5:15 AM - 14 April, 2010
cool... Im wondering whats new about them though? Did I miss something? Although I guess the chipmunk video would be a club banger................. The other 50 videos?
Although if you are connected with them and they are giving you personal edits cool. Maybe they emailed you back because of? They didnt answer my email at all.
Heres his myspace... Hell he has millz as a top friend? a couple of vids...
www.myspace.com
ta2423 5:30 AM - 14 April, 2010
Ha now that Im doing research that I shouldve done beforehand... Im starting to think dj larry d is virtualremix.... www.serato.com
www.myspace.com
ta2423 5:52 AM - 14 April, 2010
MILLZ.... whats up with virtualremix and if larry d is your boy why are you not making mixes for virtualremix like you are for yourremix? (member)He definately needs some help on the site. Is there a damn video conspiracy going on here?....
Quote:
Larry D is my boy, and he did that entire mix live. Hopefully no one is talkin shit on my boy Larry.
Joshua Carl 7:36 AM - 14 April, 2010
Di, whats your promotional site and info...'

i have company that is looking for STRICTLY female VIDEO djs.
DJLarryD 6:08 PM - 14 April, 2010
WOW!!! I feel so loved here.
Millz 8:23 PM - 14 April, 2010
I make remixes/edits for several companies including selectmix.com, hottracks.com, smashvidz.com and yourremix.com.

As for Larry D, hes been djing longer than most of you have been on this planet. As I am not him, I cant defend his video work, but I know hes made 1000s of audio edits that are hotter than most milf's ;)

I think Virtual Remixes will be another great source for video content. Because I have not previewed any of the work there YET, I can not give a positive or negative feedback. Its 10$ a month, the same as 8th. If you people are bitching about 10 bucks, then your mind aint right. Look at Xtendamix...Mark had good intentions from day one. After a few video guys helped him with rendering/editing problems, the site is golden if for nothing more than the archive of rare videos and extended edits/remixes. I believe once Virtual Remixes gets the kinks worked out, customers will be pleased with the results. And once again, its TEN DOLLARS you cheap bastards.
Marx&Villain 8:29 PM - 14 April, 2010
TEN DOLLARS that a customer was not happy spending.

he didnt think it was worth even TEN DOLLARS. what does that say?
Millz 8:31 PM - 14 April, 2010
I just wanted to add...Sometimes being nice to someone and helping them out instead of being straight up negative (especially someone with the means to make your video set more interesting) goes a LONG way...yes I did talk alot of smack on DJ Cutt of 8th, but my goal wasnt strictly to put him down or the site down but to educate and let him and/or his crew know that they were doing something wrong.
Millz 8:37 PM - 14 April, 2010
In defense of Larry, the site JUST opened...if there is something wrong with an edit (and you notice it), maybe you should drop an email to whatever support email is provided. I guess you guys dont remember when 8th opened up, and they still had promo only logos 1/2 cropped out of some of their videos (oops that also happened last week @ 8th) You know you could just do the editing/remixing yourself then show us on the forum the final product...

Im suspecting most of the guys doing the bitching are people who didnt have to pay for vinyl or cds back in the 80s,90s. I used to pay 8 bucks for a 12 inch AUDIO track...sigh
Joshua Carl 8:45 PM - 14 April, 2010
I think sometimes people come out the gate too fast...
rather than take a business approach, maybe develop a test market.
get some feedback from industry professionals, PROPERLY build relationships.

someone at a meeting doesnt just throw out a concept and its on the street in 3 days.
its time tested and it works.

$10.00
It nothing.
But after a while you find yourself getting "nickel & dimed" by sub-standard services.
(not throwing out ANY NAMES....WE ALL KNOW THERES A FEW OUT THERE)
when you would gladly pay a decent rate for a proper service...
IE Quality over Quantity.

I Completely agree with Jack about supporting new services and coaching them along...becuase whats that mean for me? New Networks, new relationships, and NEW
CONTENT. being a dick gets you NO WHERE!

but when some of the moves are suspect, your quicker to be like "why are you using smoke and mirrors to move your product?" if its sub-standard...and the horse
is already out of the gate, why not say: hey this is who we are, this is what we offer, what do you think, will this work for you?

These are the main reasons I back DTV & Xtenda mix.
they saught out guidance and made changes as needed for US!
not for them, not for the virtual DJ users, not for the mixvibes folks....for us.
I think they understand there are some tier-1 video djs in here, and theres a
boat load of guests who read and dont post.
and if you can impress THIS crowd you will eventually start to do well.

that being said. I love you smashvidz. ;)
Millz 8:49 PM - 14 April, 2010
Amen /end
ta2423 9:33 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Amen /end

Not really... When I am spending 2bills + a month $10 dollars does count one way or the other when I am not getting what is stated. If its a starting biz state it... Say there isnt much of a selection but it is going to grow.
So with this said do you think its right for 1000 people to spend 10dollars and join to find out its not what you expected? Hell yes Im complaing about 10 dollars. When you ordered your bigmac for 2 dollars and didnt get your meat did you complain?
Also an e-mail was dropped "silence"
Im over it already though... Stated my 2 cents and moving to the next source.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:36 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:

When you ordered your bigmac for 2 dollars and didnt get your meat did you complain?

id be mad at 1st then id realise its probably in my best intrest anyway
Joshua Carl 9:41 PM - 14 April, 2010
after seeing supersize me.... 4 sho.

i did have a #14 today though
Marx&Villain 9:41 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Amen /end

Not really... When I am spending 2bills + a month $10 dollars does count one way or the other when I am not getting what is stated. If its a starting biz state it... Say there isnt much of a selection but it is going to grow.
So with this said do you think its right for 1000 people to spend 10dollars and join to find out its not what you expected? Hell yes Im complaing about 10 dollars. When you ordered your bigmac for 2 dollars and didnt get your meat did you complain?
Also an e-mail was dropped "silence"
Im over it already though... Stated my 2 cents and moving to the next source.

couldnt have said it any better myself.
ta2423 9:49 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

When you ordered your bigmac for 2 dollars and didnt get your meat did you complain?

id be mad at 1st then id realise its probably in my best intrest anyway

Ahhh ha
Yeah right... You are probably one of those guys that jumps the counter and slaps the cook with the spatula.
www.ebaumsworld.com
Wazo 10:11 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
after seeing supersize me.... 4 sho.

i did have a #14 today though

they go all the way up to #14?? shit here in Calgary its #7. you prob still get the pizza & mcrib & triple big mac.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:11 PM - 14 April, 2010
they made a tripple big mac?!?!
Wazo 10:12 PM - 14 April, 2010
i made one
just stack 2 big macs for a quad big mac.
a quad mac
Millz 10:30 PM - 14 April, 2010
if you are reaching out for 10 dollar/month sources for video then so be it...like others told me, you get what you pay for.
Dj No Name 10:39 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
just stack 2 big macs for a quad big mac.

Dont get them in the UK but when i was in thailand i got the double big mac! Only cost about £1

farm3.static.flickr.com
ta2423 11:17 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
if you are reaching out for 10 dollar/month sources for video then so be it...like others told me, you get what you pay for.

I have to give you crap here... So what youre saying is I shouldnt pay the 3 dollars for your edits and look for ones that are 5 dollars?
Joshua Carl 11:33 PM - 14 April, 2010
#14 is the Angus Mushroom Swiss...its pretty dang-tasty
Millz 12:03 AM - 15 April, 2010
Im simply saying that places that have 10/month for "unlimited" downloads (ie: 8th wonder @ about lets say 100 videos/month) that have not been quality checked and possibly have encoding/rendering problems are cheap for a reason. You can rest assured my edits @ 3.49$ are encoded properly, rendered properly, and work flawlessly in VSL.
ta2423 12:23 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Im simply saying that places that have 10/month for "unlimited" downloads (ie: 8th wonder @ about lets say 100 videos/month) that have not been quality checked and possibly have encoding/rendering problems are cheap for a reason. You can rest assured my edits @ 3.49$ are encoded properly, rendered properly, and work flawlessly in VSL.

Yes I know... Ive contributed to the millz foundation a few times.
Millz 12:24 AM - 15 April, 2010
It means alot, thank you.
Joshua Carl 12:56 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
It means alot, thank you.

But did you contribute to the Millz Auditory enhancement fund?

I believe its only a dollar.
Millz 1:03 AM - 15 April, 2010
I got them headphones for 280 with a 4 year warranty on top of the 1 year pio warranty. mint
Millz 1:04 AM - 15 April, 2010
there was a place that had em for 238 free shipping, but no warranty besides the 1 year pio...I basically paid 42 bux for a 5 year warranty.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:40 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
#14 is the Angus Mushroom Swiss...its pretty dang-tasty

damn skippy it is