DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Stuttering on MAC - Please report to Apple ( check here ).

gevola 11:08 PM - 1 April, 2010
Hi All,

recently I found that ( at least on my MBP ) installing WinXP on MAC, and the run SL on WinXP the stuttering of waveform is not visible ( moreover seems also lag loading track is better .. not 100% sure ).
This is a know issue born in the middle of 2009.

You can check more details in this thread:
(www.serato.com).

Anyway I opened a thread on Apple support site, and will be greater, if al guys that have this problem report the details of their MBP .. in order to push Apple to try to investigate to this problem (I hope).

This is the link:
discussions.apple.com

Thanks a lot.
Djaward 11:12 PM - 1 April, 2010
Why would you instal windows XP on a mac though?
Audio1 11:13 PM - 1 April, 2010
Bootcamp?
gevola 11:13 PM - 1 April, 2010
just to execute the test on stuttering using same hardware but different OS.
gevola 11:14 PM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:
Bootcamp?

yes
gevola 11:14 PM - 1 April, 2010
Here www.serato.com you can find my test.
gevola 11:17 PM - 1 April, 2010
Actually only me and DeeJay Fingers we have executing this test .. and we found the same result.
gevola 6:31 AM - 3 April, 2010
Please .. fill the discussion thread on Apple.

Happy Easter!!!
nik39 5:00 AM - 6 April, 2010
Quote:
Anyway I opened a thread on Apple support site, and will be greater, if al guys that have this problem report the details of their MBP .. in order to push Apple to try to investigate to this problem (I hope).

This is the link:
discussions.apple.com

Thanks a lot.

Do you really think Apple would care?
gevola 6:11 AM - 6 April, 2010
hmmmm .. unfortunately I think you are right ..

Dear All,
please when in the other thread you listening ..
which is the best HW/OS for Serato ?
answer … Windows, and not MAC.

:(
jroc453 5:19 PM - 24 May, 2010
I guess I bought my MBP for the wrong reason then... I bought mine for Serato ONLY... It still runs Serato better then a Windows pc.
Dj No Name 5:31 PM - 24 May, 2010
I bought my MBP for just serato as time progressed it became my machine for everything, still have a backup pc laptop but i will never buy another............

unless the rumour about macs with amd processors is ture
jroc453 5:49 PM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
I bought my MBP for just serato as time progressed it became my machine for everything, still have a backup pc laptop but i will never buy another............

unless the rumour about macs with amd processors is ture

So you don't see any issues using your Mac with Serato since you started using it for other things? I have had my MBP for about a month and am afraid to do other things on it. I don't even go online for my MP3 pools. I still use my PC to download them and then transfer them to my Mac. I still use my PC for going online.

Please give me your input on using your mac and running everything on it with no issues in Serato... Thanks!!!