Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Just Got Clowned with my ns7

spamking98 3:03 AM - 12 February, 2010
Hey everybody... I took my ns7 to a gig last night, and this guy came up to me and asked me wheres the hasbro sticker..? I felt like a little b__itch...
casket hands 3:09 AM - 12 February, 2010
assholes will be assholes. aint no piece of gear gonna change that.
spamking98 3:17 AM - 12 February, 2010
I felt like packing up my stuff and going down to guitar center and picking up some technics and maybe an sl3... everyone was laughing so hard i had to turn up the volume...He also aksed me if my NS7 came with a basket of fruit..im not sure what that meant but it made me mad...
czar 3:23 AM - 12 February, 2010
who was this clown? bah who cares..next year no one will be able to buy new tech's anyways.. be happy for being one of the first to embrace great technology. screw what he says. the important is you being happy and loving what u do. do you? that's it forget the external appreciation of changeable people. Think of your happiness and relax. =)

I found on craigslist some guy offering to trade 4 yes 4 techniques plus his vci for a NS7.
BadBoyChubs 3:24 AM - 12 February, 2010
jealous kills!

Remember this story, "even if u was on a desserted Island, there is always a monkey in the tree trying to knock u out with a coconut"

moral=there will always be haters
czar 3:26 AM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
jealous kills!

casket hands 3:26 AM - 12 February, 2010
never run into this but I'm 6'6" 280 so maybe its just that no one has been dumb enough to do it to my face.
kraal 3:31 AM - 12 February, 2010
where were you djing in that guys basemnet?
challange him to a battle
BadBoyChubs 3:32 AM - 12 February, 2010
I know DJ who use TT's would do any thing for my NS7
casket hands 3:34 AM - 12 February, 2010
maybe next time you could tell him that you were sick of licking cartridges and blowing on needles.
spamking98 3:43 AM - 12 February, 2010
Thanks guys for the moral support....I guess i better hit the gym or they'll clown me again... or maybe i can get some Technics stickers and slap them on the side of the NS7 and cover up the NUMARK sign.. I think there was about 8 guys including the one that was doing the talking... at first he seemed interested, just staring at my setup, then he asked me what kind of mixer i was using....When i told him it was a all in one unit, he laughed...He turned around and told his buddys, and next thing you know I was surrounded by jerks saying things like: "I didnt know playskool made turntables".
kraal 3:49 AM - 12 February, 2010
sounds like a strange little gig... why were they in your face? I had a guy dissin about my vci-300 ONCE then i started scratch and he said 'oh i cant scratch'

you dj skills should say all that needs to be said.

now i have no idea where you skill set is but i will say this when you are arriving with non traditional gear you have to be able to bring it.
czar 3:50 AM - 12 February, 2010
ahhahah just get a sticker that says real dj's love music. what i do when i dont like someone is smile. like this =)
spamking98 4:04 AM - 12 February, 2010
Yeah i guess im just going to have to live with the abuse, just until everyone catches up with the technology these days..I dont like to start any mess with anyone......I feel like putting a B right next to the Itch sign..
MusicDan 4:13 AM - 12 February, 2010
Next time, as soon as they start hating put on some Maino...Hi Hater...
spazz 4:18 AM - 12 February, 2010
Spamking98 you must be a young cat. Like kraal said, yuo should have challenged that bitch to a battle. Hell I would have let him use my NS7 then came back at his azz and punked him in front of his boys. DJs with true skillz are usually more humbled. Which let's me know he was a pu$$.
kraal 4:19 AM - 12 February, 2010
or bring me down by kanye
kraal 4:20 AM - 12 February, 2010
also i am always entertained by DJ's that talk crap while I am actually djing and they paid to see me...
spazz 4:21 AM - 12 February, 2010
LOL.... Word!
KLH 4:26 AM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
Hey everybody... I took my ns7 to a gig last night, and this guy came up to me and asked me wheres the hasbro sticker..? I felt like a little b__itch...

If some random guy can make you feel that way, then it's not the tools... Sounds to me like you need some confidence in your skills. Time to practice, son!

-KLH
spazz 4:27 AM - 12 February, 2010
I didn't want to go there, but that thought did cross my mind KLH.
hihellohi 6:04 AM - 12 February, 2010
I have denon 3700's.... and a vci. I love the MIDI since the VCI has been so good to me.. I even got a macbook to make sure my ns7 will run smoothly since my current computer can barely run itch...

This topic is the only thing holding me back from getting a NS7 and selling the denons.
djcerla 7:14 AM - 12 February, 2010
Don't know what happens in the US but here in Italy it's a "oooh aah" chorus on my NS7, even normal people perceive it as a dramatic step UP compared to CDJs. Same goes with the VCI-300, wich has a very attractive and futuristic colored lights scheme in the dark.
djcerla 7:19 AM - 12 February, 2010
And, yes, adding 20kg of muscles is indeed a very good idea for us NS7 DJs, given the weigth of the Numark flight case :)
czar 7:21 AM - 12 February, 2010
People dont know how to show off anymore and need to come up with ridiculous excuses to put others down. Same with all the fake hip-hop/rappers and other morons only aiming for fame and money. There's a lot of drugs too so when they do them they start to feel powerless (obviously) and that adds to their unnecessary fear of failure hence why they shield with more drugs, constantly seeking more popularity, talking about being rich and how all the girls love them (not true). So yea. They pass this through their music to the masses which in turn look up to them and unfortunately some lost souls will act the same.
czar 7:35 AM - 12 February, 2010
some people here in teh US are complaining about bigger government when it is the government that gives us schools that can teach us to be creative and come out of the box. that teaches us science that we can use to solve problems, that gives us clean water if we vote. The private is a lot of times about money and not the people. So then, you have to deal with idiots trying to take your NS7 from you or steal your laptop or even laugh at you (ridiculous) because they don't know better than what they get from other morons that I mentioned before promoting a lower than desirable quality of life.

"I got more than you" "I steal ur girl and your things and leave u dead" "your mother vows at me" "you will never make it" (like i care to make it to where YOU are) "I sell crack" "I sell dope" "Bitch this bitch that" "all I care about is ass" (yea.. ur father too thats why he left ur mother and left u a bastard, or perhaps your son will do to his wife/girl he swears loves to just to ****)
spazz 7:49 AM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
Don't know what happens in the US but here in Italy it's a "oooh aah" chorus on my NS7, even normal people perceive it as a dramatic step UP compared to CDJs. Same goes with the VCI-300, wich has a very attractive and futuristic colored lights scheme in the dark.

Believe me it's not a U.S. thing. Everybody I come across with my NS7 think it is the coolest DJ kit they've ever seen. Especially when I added the MBP. My last 3 gigs were spent with folks crowded around the NS7 & Mac, and me literally giving a DVS lesson to the masses. The closet thing I've owned that came somewhat close to all this attention the NS7 is getting was when I had a pair of Numark HDXs.
carl-v 1:47 PM - 12 February, 2010
@ djcerla, you are spot on! in sweden everyone is like "oooh ah" "what is that" "how cool" "that looks to be some advanced stuff" and so on... I havent had one single negative coment on my VCI-300 just positive vibes :)
KLH 3:45 PM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
This topic is the only thing holding me back from getting a NS7 and selling the denons.

Wow. Just wow.

Tools are tools. At the end of the day, only other DJs care about the tools. If you want to look cool, be a model. If you want to be the DJ that consistently, get the SKILLS.

-KLH
KLH 3:46 PM - 12 February, 2010
^ I meant consistently rocks the crowd.

-KLH
djcerla 3:47 PM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
consistently rocks the clown.
KLH 3:50 PM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
consistently rocks and clowns on TT owners.

LOL!
djchriscruz 5:48 PM - 12 February, 2010
You should've showed him up and cut it up on the NS7. Or invited him to mix with it and see how easy it is.
kraal 5:56 PM - 12 February, 2010
i would still like to hear more about the actual event set up. Sounds like a house party? If you rock the crowd they should not worry about how or what you do it with. So was it the equiptment or the dj they were dissin? I am not trying to offend but i personally have entered arenas i had no business in and got dissed real bad. It just makes you hungry.

to say you want to pack up and quit/sell your gear is part of the issue. You need to up your confidence level. If you are not sure of what you got or can do you need to get sure. You are gonna have gigs where girls yell you such cause you wont play the cha-cha slide on cue. You are gonna have gigs where the manager/owner will tell you to change your music cause you are offending or putting his guest to sleep. You are going to have gigs at bars where the bartender hates you cause you always mess up her tips. djing is not for the thin skinned.
DJ GiLAMONSTER 6:05 PM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:

He's probably apart of the technique tea party club. Haters are always hating on something they don't have. Just wait like ten minutes find out what car he's driving and have it towed then announce it to the crowd. Hopefully he drives a Hasbro 4 banger:)
Evin Kepik 7:00 PM - 12 February, 2010
If your gig was at an event where there was no equipment, I'd say I'd rather bring a a 35 lbs unit than lug two turntables and a mixer. My VCI-300 (weighting only at 14 lbs) has essentially replaced all my mobile gigs. My 1210 M5Gs along with the TTM56S strictly stay at home.

Like above posts say. The equipment are just tools. If you got the techniques to mix/scratch/rock a crowd then it doesn't matter if you rock a fischer price record player! :P
damehype 7:13 PM - 12 February, 2010
Came across this while trying to find out what's poppin in the "H" tonight.

www.indmix.com

Might check it out to see if he's using the NS7 in the club. If you a dope azz DJ, it shouldn't matter what you use. I've seen some wack ones using Pio CDJs.
damehype 7:13 PM - 12 February, 2010
Came across this while trying to find out what's poppin in the "H" tonight.

www.indmix.com

Might check it out to see if he's using the NS7 in the club. If you a dope azz DJ, it shouldn't matter what you use. I've seen some wack ones using Pio CDJs.
djchriscruz 7:31 PM - 12 February, 2010
If you got the skills to back it up the equipment should not matter. But if you suck with good ass equipment you're gonna get clowned by other people. It's like showing up to the Bball court with brand new $150 Jordans on. You better be balling your ass off or dudes will joke you hard.
Dj Bacik 1:28 AM - 13 February, 2010
If he never saw your equipment and just heard the mix then he would have never known. Haters will be haters. The people without the gig will always wanna be the one with it and will find any reason to give you crap. I love my NS7 and wouldn't trade it for a set of pioneers.
czar 1:31 AM - 13 February, 2010
Quote:
I love my NS7 and wouldn't trade it for a set of pioneers.

+1
Dj Ricky Redz 2:34 AM - 13 February, 2010
my bad experience.....
had to hook up my ns7 on a dj p.a. system for a party, he had 2 800s and sl1, and was laughing an saying "u shouln't bring toys to work"
when i started scratching and cutting the crowd went crazy and said that i should play all night
result....
he kept turning down my line :(
spazz 5:17 AM - 13 February, 2010
So he had 2 CDJ-800s with plastic static platters and he called the NS7 a toy. Wow.
kraal 7:44 AM - 13 February, 2010
Quote:
So he had 2 CDJ-800s with plastic static platters and he called the NS7 a toy. Wow.

ha
KLH 8:02 AM - 13 February, 2010
I guess that we're all saying the same thing. I'll just add that the DJ that is getting paid ALWAYS wins against the DJ who is only watching. Who's the clown now? Oh I couldn't hear you because I'm working!

-KLH

-KLH
Evin Kepik 8:38 AM - 13 February, 2010
I just had a private gig. Some guy was impressed with my VCI-300. I was iterating the benefits of not lugging turntables/cdjs and a mixer.
SkylarkAliasMov 4:01 AM - 17 February, 2010
Sold my 37s on ebay two days ago. (blame the NS7 for the crackhead price the winner got away with) going to get an NS7 to replace it moreso for (convienience?). dont let the haters kill your drive whether you are kid capri or dj fisher price. you were the one behind the tables. you should have pointed at a girl and put some music on to make her forget how to hate. i ROCKED a club with two sony belt drive TTs and a couple of odyssey cases full of records.

just keep rocking, you are going to come across certain things for sure as a DJ...
--People requesting songs they showed up too late to hear!!
--DJ groupies (male & female) always talking while your trying to do work
--some kind of equipment malfunction
--haters

if you have ever come across a dj at a club and you find yourself critiquing his set or talent then a little bit of hater was bubbling up deep inside you (unless he killed it!!!)
Just keep on pressing on! FTH!!
L2daGee 4:41 AM - 17 February, 2010
Quote:
I found on craigslist some guy offering to trade 4 yes 4 techniques plus his vci for a NS7.

I would make this trade. You could sell the 4 Technics, keep the VCI, and go and buy a new NS7 with the money from the Technics.
czar 4:46 AM - 17 February, 2010
Im checking to see if still up.. I wonder why he doesn't sell the techs himself and buys the VCI...
czar 4:48 AM - 17 February, 2010
lol no way im taking that chance =D

I would post it here but I feel bad it might be a scam somehow. the deal is VCI plus 4 techs for NS7+400... not just NS7 sorry he wants 400 on top of NS7
SkylarkAliasMov 8:24 AM - 17 February, 2010
Tell him to suhkhhhhheet! Who is going to buy 4 used technics in 2010, ghat chances are you will probably only be able to sell for 250$ a pop! And he wants 4 bills. C'mon Son! Not only does it sound like a bad deal but the average person that owns an NS7 is not trying to use traditional TTs. Hence the ns7. You tell that guy to register on this forum I'll start a thread just so I can roast him for thinking there are humans out there willing to take that shady deal
Dj Bacik 1:51 PM - 17 February, 2010
Not a good deal at all. I have to sell my old Tech's just to get some money back on the NS7. But before I sell them I am having them sonic cleaned and repainted. Hopefully some schmuck will buy them at a higher price because of the paint job.
djchriscruz 2:54 PM - 17 February, 2010
I would take the trade if the 1200's are in good shape. There's a big rumor(check the Serato DJ forum) that 1200's are being discontinued and DJ's are paying top dollar for 1200's right now just so they can have another pair incase theirs break down. You can get probably 1300 out of the 1200's and definetly at least $600 from the VCI.
kraal 4:08 PM - 17 February, 2010
Quote:
. There's a big rumor(check the Serato DJ forum) that 1200's are being discontinued and DJ's are paying top dollar for 1200's right now just so they can have .

that rumor has been debunked and there is only a discontinuing of the 'older' models they will still be making the new techs. and by the way if if production was stopped it would be awhile before the supply is in low demand
zaguama 6:29 PM - 17 February, 2010
my experience is quite the opposite, i'm guessing its a cultural issue. living in a place that people catalog as "third world" when i pull out my ns7 (there's just 2 people that own this in my country as of now one of them being me) you can tell how amazed other djs get when they see it in action. our dj scene limits to cdjs pretty much and all the djs that i've given a chance to test this baby out are more than satisfied with the product
djchriscruz 6:57 PM - 17 February, 2010
Quote:

that rumor has been debunked and there is only a discontinuing of the 'older' models they will still be making the new techs. and by the way if if production was stopped it would be awhile before the supply is in low demand

I never believed the rumor but if you go into the DJ forum mad people are rushing to buy another set at full price.
djfotizo 5:43 AM - 9 March, 2010
OMG! i can't believe that... I never thought that you had to worry about what people would think of your SETUP instead of SKILLS. Haters for sure. I guess i will have to be prepared as I plan to use an NS7 for all my patio gigs this summer. Perhaps if someone tries to 'clown' me i will just simply say, "Nah man, i just got fuel injection and nav. You still on that old carbureted ish, huh. I guess you must be broken down tonight or you'd be playin, right?"

FTZ
djmeltdown 6:23 AM - 9 March, 2010
hmmm, i've only had my NS7 for a month, the first gig I took it too, everyone wanted to know what it was and how it worked, they all thought i was actually playing 45's?!?

I've never had a club-goer comment on my gig, and if I ever do, i just say..

Me : "Did you pay your cover charge?"
Club Goer : "Yes"
Me "Transaction complete, thank you, come again"

I could care less what they think of my rig.

Now I did get heckled by another DJ once coming out of the booth, who told me that I should be using "industry standard tools" like Techs/SSL or CDJ's. I politely laughed, broke down in about 3 minutes flat, and told him to have a nice time hooking up all those wires.
KLH 4:21 PM - 9 March, 2010
^ +1

My favorite response is "ITCH is the new standard, bro. You didn't know?" They just stammer after that.

Who care about "industry standard" anyways. DJs are first and foremost entertainers. Tools are no substitute for skills. I maintain that tools like Seratos products can make bad DJs better, but great DJs can rock crowds with a toaster and a Speak-N-Spell.

-KLH
kraal 4:29 PM - 9 March, 2010
yeah this debate is played out i just heard a dj say you are not a dj if you never shopped for vinyl.... all that does is prove your age and when you started djing.... problem is most are scared of the competition.plan and simple creativity song selection ect is surpassing technical skills
djmeltdown 4:55 PM - 9 March, 2010
^+1

I used to buy records....used to spend almost all friday there, every week...

Kraal... I celebrated like a fool the day I bought my first vinyl-translation system (Stanton's Final scratch.. yes go ahead, laugh...but it worked great). I celebrated because I never had to set foot in a record store again....

Now I can browse for music in the comfort of my home...
kraal 5:30 PM - 9 March, 2010
Quote:
^+1

Kraal... I celebrated like a fool the day I bought my first vinyl-translation system (Stanton's Final scratch.. yes go ahead, laugh...but it worked great). I celebrated because I never had to set foot in a record store again....

i owned far too much vinyl when final scratch came out and i was mostly into being an emcee at that time
iiexist 6:12 PM - 9 March, 2010
Quote:
Thanks guys for the moral support....I guess i better hit the gym or they'll clown me again... or maybe i can get some Technics stickers and slap them on the side of the NS7 and cover up the NUMARK sign.. I think there was about 8 guys including the one that was doing the talking... at first he seemed interested, just staring at my setup, then he asked me what kind of mixer i was using....When i told him it was a all in one unit, he laughed...He turned around and told his buddys, and next thing you know I was surrounded by jerks saying things like: "I didnt know playskool made turntables".

ive been in situations like this. nobody really dogging my setup, but dogging what i was playing. to the point where it is just unnecessary. what DO you DO? for starters, dont give a sh!t. at the end of the night, THEIR money is in YOUR pocket. haters are everywhere and they dont like not being in the spotlight or in control, which is exactly what these "stupid" djs are doing. we are taking all the credit and the attention of the night and some people can't handle it so they choose to heckle. if you are ever concerned for your safety though, I would bring some peeps with you to just chill with you behind your decks for support, or tell the venue to beef up security. i wouldnt really go as far as to fight some arse who decided to make fun of your setup. thats bad PR. there is a fine line for a dj when it comes to being a nice guy and an a$$hole. but if you start to show that your feelings are hurt or show you dont like what the crowd is telling you, it will only get worse.

all in all.. take it as experience. move on. dont care.
MusicDan 9:29 PM - 9 March, 2010
One DJ at a a catering hall asked me what I use. I told him Itch and the NS7. He told me that I should use Serato instead. I told him it is Serato, why dont you come and look. He gave me a dumb look and walked away.
YOHNNYB 10:12 PM - 9 March, 2010
Quote:

yah i get where u would b timid when approached like that, ns7 is the first thing ive gotten since my Mixman DM2 when it came out...
thetravellersden.com
(lmao)
my skills arent up there and im new to the dj scene, but i kno music and im motivated to not let some f@g think that just cuz my TOYS are light that they wont kill it. and if 9 guys are worried about what gear u got... u kno...like damn...im just saying ...9 guys? in a co-ed environment? they got the issues yo. lol
KLH 3:26 AM - 10 March, 2010
^ Welcome to the ITCH Club, YohnnyB.

I suppose that we're all saying the same thing. Concentrate on your skills, practice, and put on the best show you can. Appreciate the love and ignore the haters. It's called putting in your time.

-KLH
czar 4:15 PM - 10 March, 2010
"Itch. Future Control for DJ's"
Subdriven 3:02 AM - 12 March, 2010
People have laughed at things they don't understand since the wheel was invented.. Don't take it personal till they show you up on your own equipment.. O.o
Maskrider 10:29 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
my experience is quite the opposite, i'm guessing its a cultural issue. living in a place that people catalog as "third world" when i pull out my ns7 (there's just 2 people that own this in my country as of now one of them being me) you can tell how amazed other djs get when they see it in action. our dj scene limits to cdjs pretty much and all the djs that i've given a chance to test this baby out are more than satisfied with the product

How is Miami,Florida a third world country?
Dj Bacik 12:01 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

How is Miami,Florida a third world country?

Ha ha ha!!! Freaking awesome. Since I live 1.5 hours away.
Subdriven 12:42 AM - 13 March, 2010
4 hours from miami here...
DJ Caliente NYC 6:47 PM - 9 April, 2010
I would have told the idiot, let me see your skillz. Get on the set and show me what you got. There are some people that talk crap but they don't know jack.
kraal 9:43 PM - 9 April, 2010
Quote:
I would have told the idiot, let me see your skillz. Get on the set and show me what you got. There are some people that talk crap but they don't know jack.

and then what would you say if he was 300 times better than you..... :)
Dj Bacik 11:05 PM - 9 April, 2010
That depends how sarcastic I'm feeling. But either:

nice skills playa

what hatorade flavor is that?

Damn, that toy made you sound good huh?
MusicDan 11:10 PM - 9 April, 2010
Quote:

Damn, that toy made you sound good huh?

My favorite...
Subdriven 12:28 AM - 10 April, 2010
Would of said something like nice toy you got there.. got any skillz???
czar 12:57 AM - 10 April, 2010
"my toys brings all the peeps to my show, dang right: it's better than yours. "
Subdriven 12:58 AM - 10 April, 2010
LOL! that was good...
Kmxorbit 11:23 AM - 10 April, 2010
Quote:
"my toys brings all the peeps to my show, dang right: it's better than yours. "

LOL, like that!
DJ Caliente NYC 5:32 AM - 13 April, 2010
@ Kraal. If they guy was better, they would have hired him instead but they didnt.
kraal 7:30 AM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
@ Kraal. If they guy was better, they would have hired him instead but they didnt.

not true at there are tons of crappy dj's working and and quality dj's that can't get a job....

my point in what i said was that sometimes being humble is your best bet I mean someone blasting your gear . in the long run does it matter? I mean to call someone out based on them not liking your skills you better be prepared if they show you up.
Dj Steve Mixx 6:59 PM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:

Knowing how to rock the party will get you more gigs with your $1400 toy
Haterade is still being drank everywhere. Just Do You.... The party people know the deal..

One
czar 8:48 PM - 13 April, 2010
Kmxorbit 8:54 PM - 13 April, 2010

ouch!
ICY1 6:14 PM - 26 April, 2010
Hey bro, haters are a sign of success
czar 7:36 PM - 26 April, 2010
Quote:

agree
KLH 10:03 PM - 26 April, 2010
This thread is still going on???

We need to stop this thread 'cause SpamKing98 will go to another forum and start a thread titled "Just got clowned with my NS7 AND THEN was OWNED in the ITCH forums."

Just playing, SpamKing98.

-KLH
Dj Eezzy 10:51 PM - 26 April, 2010
I would've cut the music completely and clowned the hell out of him in front of everybody. Then i would explain that HE'S the reason why the music has stopped and also the reason why they can't have nice things.LOL.
DJ Rewind1200 10:04 PM - 19 July, 2010
thats when you show them your scratching and mixing skills...
Maskrider 11:02 AM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:

I get this everyday from working in a club cats telling me they can do better but I just smiled at them and tell them it's a top 40 club what do you expect.
MusicDan 1:33 PM - 20 July, 2010
Quote:

I get this everyday from working in a club cats telling me they can do better but I just smiled at them and tell them it's a top 40 club what do you expect.

I wouldn't even have to explain that it's a top 40 club. Just smile and say that it's you on the other side of the decks, not them...
AT^ 7:19 AM - 21 July, 2010
One of the main reasons I picked up the NS7 is because I had so much digital media. I didn't want to lug around cd's or vinyl... nor could I afford it. The NS7 came, and I have not looked back. The hardware and the technology that comes with doing what we love only helps...

I'm an amateur DJ learning as I go.... but technically minded I've been able to pull off a few sets with great turnouts and response... End of the month will be my 2nd year going to vegas for a 5+ hour set for a private party.... With all my interactions with people I had not really had a bad exp. Everyone wanted to know more about the NS7. I got a sweeet chance last year to let a DJ from Germany spin a little and teach me a thing or two.... He loved it... kept wanted to come back and spin more...... A buddy of mine who is a CD dj, thought the NS7 was awesome when him and I first did a little b-day bash.... Basically... the moral as many have mentioned... There are a$$holes, and there are genuine people out there. Don't let em get you down about yer gear.

Peace, and happy spinning! :)
BadBoyChubs 1:00 PM - 21 July, 2010
+1^ "There are a$$holes, and there are genuine people out there. Don't let em get you down about yer gear"
Awesome steve 4:50 PM - 23 July, 2010
The a-holes will be a-holes no matter what you're spinning on.
Maskrider 10:41 PM - 23 July, 2010
A$$holes are the scum of the Earth.
kraal 10:44 PM - 23 July, 2010
A$$holes make me work harder :)
Maskrider 10:50 PM - 23 July, 2010
^^ I like that Having the Negative and transform it into positive.
Kmxorbit 10:51 PM - 23 July, 2010
A$$holes are just jealous...
hologram 3:15 AM - 24 July, 2010
I have to agree that haters equals success.
Last person who had issue with my NS7 got clowned by the three clubs DJs standing by who all use the VC300. In the end "you" have the gig. I don't care if you have a pair of BD10s and a pyramid mixer, if you're rocking the spot then you are doing your job.
KLH 4:24 AM - 30 July, 2010
Rocking the crowd is the ONLY measure of a DJ's success.

-KLH
tonyfrazier@dcorlando.com 7:44 PM - 5 August, 2010
Wow what a joke, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you are spinning with or who you know but what your audience is left with and thinks. I have owned 1200's, CDJ & DVJ's in the past and believe it or not I use the NS7 as my main device with a 27" iMAC. If someone has issues with my not using my Pioneers or Techniques than they don't need to hire me and really don't know anything about my music! The NS7 is a well built piece of equipment and I will be honest when I first purchaed it I had reservations because it was made by Numark and not Denon or Pioneer etc. Nonetheless it has proven ME wrong and has shown me that even NUMARK can make or market a quality, professional piece of equipment. Even at $2000.00 (NS7 with a QUALITY CASE AND extras) its a steal! The new CDJ 2000's are 2k a piece and still they will not give me anything I need that I don't have in Serato and Ableton Live with "The Bridge".

Cheers

FRAZIER
The Frazier Experiment
kraal 10:27 PM - 5 August, 2010
Quote:
. If someone has issues with my not using my Pioneers or Techniques than they don't need to hire me and really don't know anything about my music!

FRAZIER
The Frazier Experiment

best statement ever
MasterHurrikane13 4:20 PM - 6 August, 2010
lol.. most people see the ns7 as a very cool looking unit ..... i get complimented all the time on it.
Kmxorbit 8:40 AM - 8 August, 2010
Same here. (about the V7's)
Almost everyone: "Hey! You play with 7" Singles?!?!?!"
Me: "Eeeeeer,....kinda..." ^^
seratosnatch 9:07 AM - 8 August, 2010
people who laugh at the V7 and other modern controllers are complete idiots who do not think of djing as using innovative technology. Why does one have to use and stay with the old 1200's? ..Does everyone still have to drive old cars? ..move forward in life and take what technology offers..
Kmxorbit 10:07 AM - 8 August, 2010
+1
Kmxorbit 11:53 AM - 8 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Almost everyone: "Hey! You play with 7" Singles?!?!?!"

Just say: Yes, I play with 7", and I can do things that you can´t do with 12".

Good thinking!
Anyway, the v7 and Ns7 always attract people to have a look and ask how it works. They both do look very Pro.

the guys that make comments on it are most of the time (bedroom) DJ's that cannot afford a decent setup and/or aren't good enough to play somewhere else because otherwise they weren't standing next beside you making comments.
hologram 3:42 AM - 9 August, 2010
Quote:

the guys that make comments on it are ........... DJ's that ....... aren't good enough to play somewhere else because otherwise they weren't standing next beside you making comments.

+1
and the correct responses..and you are DJing where tonight? this week? Are you friends of the person throwing the party and why didn't they ask you to DJ?
MusicDan 12:15 PM - 9 August, 2010
I'll show up to a party with one of these and rock the house...www.bonanzle.com
KLH 8:26 PM - 9 August, 2010
^ Hey, is that crossfader replaceable?

-KLH
djbagz 1:06 AM - 11 August, 2010
Sounds like spamking98 is taking you all for ride on this 1...lol
DJ_Esco 7:21 AM - 20 August, 2010
@ spamking

You should of replied "ïts on the toy your girl uses to replace you when I am not arround, step off, this is a man's game" LMAO

Dont you just love haters?

DJ Esco
czar 11:53 AM - 20 August, 2010
"I took it off! It looked kinda tacky.." LOL!
djpuertoroc 9:39 PM - 28 August, 2011
Just start scratchin' they'll stop laughing
dj lashes 10:03 PM - 28 August, 2011
Quote:
sounds like a strange little gig... why were they in your face? I had a guy dissin about my vci-300 ONCE then i started scratch and he said 'oh i cant scratch'

you dj skills should say all that needs to be said.

now i have no idea where you skill set is but i will say this when you are arriving with non traditional gear you have to be able to bring it.

so right when you rock the party everyone be like what that new shit your using then you get to show off
Javier drada 1:32 AM - 29 August, 2011
Dude don't feel bad, when I use my VCI300 I get the WTF look with the wikki wikki scratch crap.
Nonnus 2:14 AM - 29 August, 2011
funny,
on my part i have never had any funny looks whenever i used the vci on open air parties, clubs, friend parties, ie plenty of situations for funny ppl to harass me (i am also not a tall guy with my 1.63),
i wish i was able to say i showed them the truth with my music, amazing dj skills, etc
but as i keep seeing so many "one had in keyboard one hand in pocket" kind of djs that seem to be quite successful and even respected i am not sure, maybe i just been confronted with more permissive ppl (would not bet on it though ;)

the only time it seemed someone was too much curious into what it was using turned out to be someone that tried to buy it from me!

only time i have seen it (vci / itch) being somewhat dismissed in my presence, was in favor of s4 / t2, but that is somewhat expected as those ate the 2 main camps
Dj Ace 2:16 AM - 29 August, 2011
I just look em in the eye and say, "Wow that sounds cool, hey invite me to one of your next gigs so I can here you play on REAL equipment."
DJ.Tyme 2:40 AM - 30 August, 2011
Quote:
One of the main reasons I picked up the NS7 is because I had so much digital media. I didn't want to lug around cd's or vinyl... nor could I afford it. The NS7 came, and I have not looked back. The hardware and the technology that comes with doing what we love only helps...

I'm an amateur DJ learning as I go.... but technically minded I've been able to pull off a few sets with great turnouts and response... End of the month will be my 2nd year going to vegas for a 5+ hour set for a private party.... With all my interactions with people I had not really had a bad exp. Everyone wanted to know more about the NS7. I got a sweeet chance last year to let a DJ from Germany spin a little and teach me a thing or two.... He loved it... kept wanted to come back and spin more...... A buddy of mine who is a CD dj, thought the NS7 was awesome when him and I first did a little b-day bash.... Basically... the moral as many have mentioned... There are a$$holes, and there are genuine people out there. Don't let em get you down about yer gear.

Peace, and happy spinning! :)

+1 iwent from TT,to CDJ now onto my ns7. so much easier to lug stuff around.im a mobile DJ so im always trying to lighten my load
DJ.Tyme 2:41 AM - 30 August, 2011
Quote:
Rocking the crowd is the ONLY measure of a DJ's success.

-KLH

+1
DJ.Tyme 2:47 AM - 30 August, 2011
i was doing a wedding & someone kame up to me to request a song and while he was there he said hey those records are just for looks right. i said ohhh touch the record and the music stopped (no biggie it was cocktail hour) and he was like damm let me see that and spent like 20min or so @ the dj checking out the ns7 as i worked my magic on the crowd :-0
dj56_56 3:18 AM - 30 August, 2011
@spanking98... and anyone else.. tell those fools:
"I'm bringing the future, while they stuck on the past."
"This (NS7) is example of take over is coming, yours about to obselete."
"My techinque is fresh out the box, your style good but old and we did that already."
"I am more focus "MAN!!!" on the people, you're overly focus on yourself."
"You can't do all I do, but I CAN DO ALLLLLLLL WHAT YOU DO!"
"Case close!".. and then give them a look like "You've musta snapped out your rabbit mind!"
Mr. Goodkat 3:18 AM - 30 August, 2011
tell him things have changed since 1988
Dj Ace 8:23 AM - 30 August, 2011
hey hold up guys i been dj since 1988 and i can rock it old and new school
DJ Baby Raj 7:24 PM - 31 August, 2011
Most of these old farts who talk shit about the new controllers don't even know how to type on a computer much less use a advance software like Serato. HATERS!!!
kraal 7:39 PM - 31 August, 2011
but on the same token you cant go around dissing people cause they choose not to use itch or a controller
DJ Baby Raj 7:44 PM - 31 August, 2011
Who said I did that? I don't ever disrespect anyone just because of the tool decide to use on. It's just what I've seen in the past. People always put down the things they have no clue about.
kraal 8:26 PM - 31 August, 2011
not talking about you --- if i was talking about anyone in specific i would use their name
DJ Baby Raj 8:36 PM - 31 August, 2011
Lol ok karaal, my bad!
DJ Baby Raj 8:37 PM - 31 August, 2011
kraal**
Kmxorbit 7:48 AM - 1 September, 2011
There were already people that tried to clown me also because of my Numark controllers.
After the gig these guys are in most cases the most excited people of them all, asking how much the V7's cost and where you can find them... (always funny to experience that...)
Dj jochi 11:21 PM - 1 September, 2011
The problem with this Asshole is that they see that they stayed in the pass. They not smart enough to step ahead and take new challenge. I feel proud of what I do and those asshole that said something stupid are always the firts one on the dance floor. I'm working in one place from Thursday thru Friday and they pay me good so that i don't have to work for nobody else!
boogieroom 5:26 AM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
I felt like packing up my stuff and going down to guitar center and picking up some technics and maybe an sl3... everyone was laughing so hard i had to turn up the volume...He also aksed me if my NS7 came with a basket of fruit..im not sure what that meant but it made me mad...

Should of got the v7 way better but more time needed to set up
kraal 7:08 AM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
The problem with this Asshole is that they see that they stayed in the pass.

just cause some one chooses to use turntables doesnt mean they are staying in the past --- this attitude is the same classist attitude that people frowning on controllers have
Nonnus 7:14 AM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
just cause some one chooses to use turntables doesnt mean they are staying in the past --- this attitude is the same classist attitude that people frowning on controllers have

wise wise words ;)
DJ Like Mike 6:54 PM - 2 September, 2011
“At the end of the day, we don’t care what you use to play music- as long as the dance floor is rocking.”
BadBoyChubs 7:08 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:
“At the end of the day, we don’t care what you use to play music- as long as the dance floor is rocking.”

Tru, i saw a dj with the denon for Itch, 1st time i saw one up close and he couldnt beatmatch or mix to save his life. he was jus playing hits but he had the crowd people dancing, u coulda see on the people face every time he change a song they were confused.

Now i see why some djs does cry to have sync back the way it was. prior to 2.0.
He playing dancehall where they have more than 5 songs on the beat(riddim) and he couldnt even mix that!
Joee 7:09 PM - 2 September, 2011
Quote:

listen dude what you use to play music isn't what makes you a dj, it's your ability to play that music & rock a crowd/party, if you can do that than your a good dj period

i know a guy that kicks it with a mixer a sl1 box a macbook & a mouse, he has people jamming using serato in internal mode
Joee 7:10 PM - 2 September, 2011
o forgot to mention i Do use turntables
Papa Midnight 7:20 AM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I believe it to be an insecurity when I see them doing such.
Especially when I see topics like these, generally in the "General DJ Discussion" forum which is made up mostly of Turntable / CDJ users:
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
Dj jochi 6:35 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Especially when I see topics like these, generally in the "General DJ Discussion" forum which is made up mostly of Turntable / CDJ users:
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com

What I wanted to said is! Is you are using turntable,cdjs, or what ever you using, respect the others and keep your comments to yourself. Why a person have to go and clowned me for using a contoller.
Papa Midnight 8:11 PM - 3 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com
serato.com
serato.com

What I wanted to said is! Is you are using turntable,cdjs, or what ever you using, respect the others and keep your comments to yourself. Why a person have to go and clowned me for using a contoller.

Elitism and Insecurity - The belief that not only are you better than someone else because of what you possess, but that you feel threatened by what they (may) possess.
Flashing Lights DJ DK 6:04 AM - 22 September, 2011
I have been usng the NS7 since Nov 2010. Everywhere I take it people are in aw when they see it. They are amazed that I'm spinning 45s with no needles. I used TTs for a longtime but the NS7 is less to carry. I went from CDJs to the NS7 to get a viny feel again.
idubz 9:57 AM - 22 September, 2011
music is everything to me, but i never had money to buy dj stuff, so i used to practice on vtdj on my pc, and went to gigs were there were dj booth's from other people, i did my thing and people didn't alway like what they heard but i never stopt. i even dj'ed with a local celeb. dj and it was on technics with serato scratch live, i never played on that but hey i cept going even tho the people weren't that excited...
just put on youre own flavour and don't let anybody tell you diffrent !

now today ive got my first dj gear (basic) for at home. i'm so f*** happy =).
i feel like a little kid..

pz.
Flashing Lights DJ DK 7:03 PM - 22 September, 2011
VDJ is what made me go to the digital age of DJing. I don't use it in the club environment because Serato sounds better but it did make it simple to DJ. I have seen a guy play at a party with just a laptop and a mouse (no midi or turntables). He had the party jumping and was mixing pretty good. I see a lot of radio DJs do the same thing. So that proves it is the music not the setup.
Versionist 7:58 PM - 22 September, 2011
Umm, OP is a troll, in case you haven't noticed. "Feel like putting a 'B' right next to the Itch sign"? Playskool, etc. Clearly baiting.

Over 100 posts later...
hologram 12:05 AM - 26 September, 2011
back in the day one of my day job co workers use to rock an Irish bar in Old Town Pasadena with a lunch pale style portable computer and Carrot. I'd always hear someone be weird about it but he always rocked that place.

On top of that In Rosarito at the same time there was a company that made a controller like the Denon 2000f that worked on a computer. Almost all the clubs had it and no one had issues there either.

Hell didn't Tiesto give up his CDJ for the Ableton launch pad or the Akai with Ableton Live?

Who cares what you use.
Can you program your music?
Can you read the crowd?
Do you respect your craft?

make it happen man
Papa Midnight 12:48 AM - 26 September, 2011
Quote:
Hell didn't Tiesto give up his CDJ for the Ableton launch pad or the Akai with Ableton Live?

Watchwww.youtube.com

I bet he did give up his CDJ after it failed in the middle of Adagio for Strings.
DJ.AJ 8:14 PM - 28 September, 2011
that happened to me first gig i took out the NS7 - this dude with with mostly gold teeth (gucci man) fan. talkin shit while i'm setting up. well he shut up later and wanted to be my friend. GTFOH - he watched me half the night cuz the ladies wouldn't dance with him. asshole.
Dj jochi 5:01 AM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
that happened to me first gig i took out the NS7 - this dude with with mostly gold teeth (gucci man) fan. talkin shit while i'm setting up. well he shut up later and wanted to be my friend. GTFOH - he watched me half the night cuz the ladies wouldn't dance with him. asshole.

Most of the time that is what they do, try to be your friend. For me those are the unsecured Djs that feel that controllers are taking over and they don't see that technology is taking over faster that they can scratch!
damehype 8:08 AM - 29 September, 2011
Soon to be new thread-------> I just got clowned with my Serato DJ Intro
Kmxorbit 3:35 PM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
Soon to be new thread-------> I just got clowned with my Serato DJ Intro

Naaah, it rather will be -------------->Guy on Serato DJ intro made me look stupid on my CDJ2000's
Dj Ace 4:56 AM - 7 October, 2011
hahahhaa....
damehype 6:36 AM - 7 October, 2011
No one would admit that though
dj do it 7:09 PM - 27 October, 2011
lol
hologram 3:56 AM - 28 October, 2011
If I hadn't been sober I would have thought I had a drunk delusion but I did see a kid on this...

www.numark.com

clown someone at a house party on this....

pioneerdj.com
pioneerdj.com

Although I think they were cousins or something.
djmykehtown 4:20 AM - 24 September, 2012
HEY GUYS IN RESPONSE TO THE AHOLE THAT TRYED TO DISS THE NS7
I HAD A SITUATION LIKE THAT AND I TOLD TGE GUY HEY" ITS A MIND OVER MATTER OPINION I DONT MINE CAUSE YOU DONT MATTER"