Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Beatgrids in future update of serato itch?

ivan zilch 12:09 PM - 11 November, 2009
I did a lot of research on the net for itch stuff (coz im thinking of purchasing either the ns7 or vci300 or maybe the XONE:DX) and found out that when the XONE:DX is out, it will come with a version of serato itch that has a BEATGRID system (similiar to the one they use in ableton? or traktor?)

Im very interested in this feature ~ Beatgrids = perfectly quantised loops, which means you can pretty much press loop in and loop out anytime you want and it will generate a perfect quantised loop . This will also allow quantised beatjumps (jump between hotcues and remix tracks on the fly - in perfect timing~ AWESOME! Really looking forward for this feature in itch! Can someone confirm that this is happening?

When is this next big upgrade will be out? Im guessing when the xone:dx is out? And also, since the scratchlive library is closely related to the itch library~ By adding GRIDS to the itch system would that mean Serato users also get a grid system?
Im guessing that serato's "secret collaboration with ableton for 2010" would be something related to their beat warping technique which might be used to grid tracks with tempo fluctuations? could be?
Numark, Support
sbangs 12:52 PM - 11 November, 2009
Hi,

To my understanding this will be a feature of Itch 2.0 which will be available for all controllers.

The latest Serato newsletter has more information.
ivan zilch 2:43 PM - 11 November, 2009
thanx for the reply!

btw, only itch?
not serato scratch live?

i got an sl1 box and thought it would be handy for scratch live to have this grid feature as well
Numark, Support
sbangs 2:51 PM - 11 November, 2009
I do not know about Scratch Live.

Perhaps a Mod can advise more.
Pair.a.dime 10:21 PM - 11 November, 2009
www.serato.com

Beat grid, 4 decks

Just wish Serato would post release info on the upcoming version (please? pretty please?)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:32 PM - 11 November, 2009
Like cues and loops, the beatgrid information will be stored into the track itself.
Beatgrid does open up a lot of very cool features as you say, but for any more information, I'm sorry you'll have to wait until we make an official announcement. ITCH 2.0 will be released in early 2010, so not long now!! :D
DjTouch 1:23 AM - 12 November, 2009
When we say beatgrid...do we mean like the one on virtual DJ?
kraal 2:43 AM - 12 November, 2009
djtouch i think you are refering to the beatgrid effect simular to the loop roll in ITCH. then no.
more like a beat match assistant like in traktor
Cid K 3:10 AM - 12 November, 2009
Or that Warp feature in Ableton. Were all beats stay's in sync forever and adjust itself acordingly.
Cid K 3:11 AM - 12 November, 2009
Or like that Anchor fonction in Torq.
ivan zilch 7:41 AM - 12 November, 2009
i really hope that their "secret collaboration with ableton" is the new beat grid engine! Well the hint is the next is is due in early 2010... they also released a video that said "Ableton and serato... 2010...." hmmm...... coincidence? :P

If this is the case then many ppl will be very very happy, coz the traktor beat grid at the moment does not allow gridding of tracks with fluctuating tempo, i had to do these tracks in ableton (beat warp them) first to grid them in traktor, im hoping the serato beatgrid have some kind of "anchors" like in torq so that we dont need to manually warp our tracks in ableton before gridding!
Cid K 1:45 PM - 12 November, 2009
Am pretty sure if they add that sort of fonction it will be alot better then in Torq, probably Automated like in Ableton, since they are working in conjonction with them!
Dj Ace 5:14 AM - 13 November, 2009
;)
DJ MoRice 2:19 PM - 13 November, 2009
Yep Serato and Ableton said they are going to make an announcement in January. I bet warping is just a piece of that announcement.
nik39 11:58 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
Like cues and loops, the beatgrid information will be stored into the track itself.
Beatgrid does open up a lot of very cool features as you say, but for any more information, I'm sorry you'll have to wait until we make an official announcement. ITCH 2.0 will be released in early 2010, so not long now!! :D

What's up with the Scratch Live- question? ;)
adb3 8:24 PM - 3 December, 2009
Quote:
What's up with the Scratch Live- question? ;)

I'm beginning to wonder if there will ever be a ScratchLive v2.0
DJdaveZ 10:57 PM - 3 December, 2009
a few new SSL users on here recently...

to the original post...
DX will not come with 2.0.
it will however come with 1.4 or 1.5 with 4 decks and effects.
ivan zilch 11:14 AM - 7 December, 2009
which means 4 deck support is exclusively for the DX?

other controllers wont be able to do it?
KLH 3:59 PM - 7 December, 2009
At this time, that is correct, but no one knows what the future holds.

-KLH
adb3 8:07 PM - 17 October, 2010
This one might as well get closed...

LOL @me - Look what has changed in 1 year...
ivan zilch 5:47 PM - 22 October, 2010
lol
yeah!

funny to read the old comments - now that we have serato 2.1 AND beatgrids hahaha