Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Audio 2 DJ

Jay Envy 2:35 AM - 30 October, 2009
I have been using my vci300 at all club gigs recently and lately been hearing about the Audio2DJ interface. I'm pretty happy with the sound quality from the onboard sound card but will the Audio 2 DJ help bring my sounds to another level?
kraal 2:37 AM - 30 October, 2009
prob not
KLH 3:29 AM - 30 October, 2009
I'll be definitive - no.

-KLH
Jay Envy 4:12 AM - 30 October, 2009
LoL thanks.
Kunststoff 8:09 AM - 30 October, 2009
Can anyone explain me why?

or wich souncard makes vci better?
djcerla 11:01 AM - 30 October, 2009
You can't use any soundcard with ITCH.
KLH 3:09 PM - 30 October, 2009
ITCH is a closed platform meaning that only dedicated controllers work work with it. AT THIS TIME, you cannot use another sound interface that is external to the controller.

Keep in mind that this isn't a drawback. IMHO, since for most, the source files are 16bit MP3s, having a 24bit sound interface is overkill. Of course you want the best sound possible, BUT SQ is only as good as the weakest link in the chain - and that is the sound source (again IMHO) where SQ is lacking. The other factor are the output speakers - for most they are hard-driven PA systems - which aren't usually the most accurate speakers in the world.

Keep in mind that I've done production with acoustical sound at 192kHz at 32bits uncompressed - so my opinions are a little skewed.

Bottom line, the sound interfaces in the VCI-300 and NS7 are great by themselves. There's no need (IMHO) to replace them.

-KLH
kraal 3:52 PM - 30 October, 2009
instead of a sound card what you should look into is a simple 4 track mixer. with that you can adjust the vvolume and eq plus run extra mics ect
Kunststoff 2:13 AM - 31 October, 2009
Quote:
instead of a sound card what you should look into is a simple 4 track mixer. with that you can adjust the vvolume and eq plus run extra mics ect

And not just that - but really good eq settings ..
DJdaveZ 6:55 PM - 31 October, 2009
glad someone said it... a nice stereo EQ unit is a good thing to have.. every room is different. different sounds are absorbed and reflected differently at every venue. it's always good to be able to tweak that stuff.. then again, if you cant hear tonally what is going on, its a waste of money.
nestor sosa 12:55 PM - 28 December, 2010
Hi!

I was able to use the VCI 300 together with the audio 2dj is great combination and work very stable. Never more the intermal maya :)
djcerla 1:09 PM - 28 December, 2010
Quote:
I was able to use the VCI 300 together with the audio 2dj is great combination and work very stable. Never more the intermal maya :)

A vci-300 mkII is an even better combination sound-wise.
nestor sosa 1:16 PM - 28 December, 2010
Never in live!
nestor sosa 1:18 PM - 28 December, 2010
A friend of mime has adquired the vci-300 mkII and the sound quality does not reach the
aido 2dj :)
djcerla 2:28 PM - 28 December, 2010
A friend of mine said the opposite :)
Apophis 10:12 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Hi!

Hi there nestor sosa! Can you please tell me how you were able to connect an external sound card with vci-300 (Serato ITCH)?
Everybody says VCI-300 cannot be used with an external soundcard, so it would be nice to know how you managed to make it work with Audio2dj.
zaguama 11:49 PM - 18 January, 2011
he is obviously not using ITCH.
Xtianw 12:22 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

A vci-300 mkII is an even better combination sound-wise.

Only if you have the correct 7.5V 1000mA power adapter from Vestax.

They can be had for super cheap though. I got mine from Turntable Lab
nestor sosa 12:28 PM - 24 January, 2011
Sure you can but only do that with a mac. I run my VCI 300 with my ITC 1.5 since 6 months. Great sound. Once Ihad a little proble and I had to use the old card, the crowd was terrified about the sound that they wanted to get the money back for ethe entry.

Just add the audio 2dj in the middi assistant to the VCI node and turn off the VCI own card card. That's it all do not more itch software update. I think when searto find it out. They will lock this feature :).
Apophis 7:26 PM - 24 January, 2011
Quote:
Sure you can but only do that with a mac. I run my VCI 300 with my ITC 1.5 since 6 months. Great sound. Once Ihad a little proble and I had to use the old card, the crowd was terrified about the sound that they wanted to get the money back for ethe entry.

Just add the audio 2dj in the middi assistant to the VCI node and turn off the VCI own card card. That's it all do not more itch software update. I think when searto find it out. They will lock this feature :).

Did you saw any tutorial on the web or you found it all by yourself?
nestor sosa 9:23 AM - 31 January, 2011
I've found by myself!
DJ Jonasty 6:18 PM - 31 January, 2011
Can anybody explain how I can use my A2dj with my vci 300?