Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark introduces the NS10 (joke)

djcerla 9:09 AM - 5 June, 2009
On June 6th 2010 Numark introduced the NS10, a breakthrough DJing device.

Specifications:

- 2 spinning platters with vinyl and mixer section as seen on the acclaimed NS7
- internal 500 GB hard drive (sizes up to 2TB)
- touchscreen display with iTunes-style Coverflow for song selection based on artwork, transport onscreen controls, XY touch pad for FX manipulation, library editor and Pong game capability for casual gaming during long breaks
- embedded OS and Serato® ITCH sofware, for maximum integration and reliability for the mission-critical task
- 2 USB ports for library management via PC/Macintosh® computers and external HD
- no need for a laptop on stage anymore

Mario Pincopalla, a Numark spokesman, declared: "we felt that computers dont't have a lot to do with DJing, especially machines built for accounting purposes like Vista PCs. Also, different computers mean different issues, with too many variables in play, to a degree in which a perfectly stable combo is virtually impossible to build. That's why we have decided to integrate the computer INSIDE the controller."

"Moreover, the system is very scalable; later this year we'll introduce a touch-screen-only version of the NS10, dubbed the NS-ZERO, with virtual onscreen platters and mixer section, aimed to bars and bedroom DJs. In the middle, we'll offer the NS5, a smaller, simplified version of the flagship NS10, without spinning platters.", mr Pincopalla said.
DJ GaFFle 11:22 AM - 5 June, 2009
Is this a joke?

If not, my Ns7 is within the 30-day return limit...
Dj rick A 11:28 AM - 5 June, 2009
this beta be a joke cuz, if its not im gona be pissed and felt like numark cheated all the ppl who bought the NS7 ..... so someone from numark can u let us know if this is for real .... now i fell like my ns7 is nothin copared to this NS10
djcerla 11:28 AM - 5 June, 2009
It's a joke :) and my DJ dreams, also ;)
Dj rick A 11:32 AM - 5 June, 2009
lol .... wicked idea tho .... i wouldnt be surprised if they actually do somthin like this now .....
kraal 2:06 PM - 5 June, 2009
i cab see pioneer making something like this
djdrew 2:10 PM - 5 June, 2009
Quote:
i cab see pioneer making something like this

Yea imagine the price Oh gosh I got a stomach cramp thinking about it :-s
kraal 2:17 PM - 5 June, 2009
thats exacly why i said pioneer :)
djcerla 2:18 PM - 5 June, 2009
Suggested RSP:

Numark NS10 PRO DJ workstation $2399 (500GB HD)
Numark NS5 DJ workstation $1599 (250 GB HD)
Numark NS-ZERO DJ touch-tablet $699 (80 GB HD)

;-)
kraal 3:10 PM - 5 June, 2009
those prices are more fantasy than the product
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:46 PM - 7 June, 2009
Quote:
Is this a joke?

Unless you see a Numark logo next to the posters name then the message is NOT an official response from Numark (same thing with regards to Serato).

djceria,

Maybe this is a "joke" but it's unnecessary and unhelpful. I suggest you read the Terms of use of this forum again: www.serato.com

You agreed to

Quote:
2. Not pass yourself off as an employee of Serato, or an employee of any Serato business partner

If you're going to make a joke do it in such a way as to not confuse your fellow forum members.
djcerla 12:36 AM - 8 June, 2009
?? I have clearly stated it's a joke! :) 5 minutes after the first post.

Great sense of humour... BTW feel free to remove my account as I am now a trasgressor of forum rules. Also remove me from beta test program. Thank you.
djcerla 12:45 AM - 8 June, 2009
Sorry 2 hrs, not 5 minutes. So I am even more a forum criminal :)
djcerla 12:48 AM - 8 June, 2009
Blah very disappointed, Serato guys. I am checking out.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 1:08 AM - 8 June, 2009
djcerla,

No one's calling you a criminal and no one's suggesting that your account should be removed - those are your words, not mine. I'm simply asking you to refrain from unhelpful, confusing posts.

This forum may be (amongst other things) a play thing to you, and that's totally OK. But don't forget that it's also the OFFICIAL support and communication channel for Serato and our hardware partners.
WirelessDJ 11:10 AM - 8 June, 2009
I want one!
mrddyn 11:55 AM - 8 June, 2009
and Pong game capability for casual gaming during long breaks should have alerted anyone to this...

If they didn't get this I seriously fear for their mental health...
Maskrider 5:00 AM - 9 June, 2009
Quote:
and Pong game capability for casual gaming during long breaks should have alerted anyone to this...

If they didn't get this I seriously fear for their mental health...

lol........The cops are here.
DJ.AJ 3:24 PM - 9 June, 2009
guess they kinda got together and thought that it was such a great idea that it might actually hurt current sales. as 2010 is just around the corner. i have thinking of proposing something like this to numark though. so i don't thinks its totally off the mark.

definitely want the ITCH software running on the NS7 and the VCI300 all the computer needs to do is serve up the mp3s or whatever format you use.
Dj_Whites 12:59 PM - 21 September, 2009
photo photo photo photo XD
djcerla 1:04 PM - 21 September, 2009
no photo, it's a fake :)
Dj_Whites 1:07 PM - 21 September, 2009
i know, but i want a photo photoshopped XD
marcA 2:49 PM - 21 September, 2009
lol
maestromind 3:38 PM - 21 September, 2009
Considering djcerla started the post with "On June 6th 2010" it's hard to see how anyone could mistake it for being genuine unless they are either severely dyslexic or believe time travel is common amongst DJs (maybe they confused it with time code).

That being said, ChrisD does have a point as well, and was very polite in expressing it - I just think djcerla made it very clear he was kidding, but perhaps to be safe we should use this forum strictly for serious discussion? Maybe we can create an "unofficial" Serato ITCH forum elsewhere? I'd be happy to set one up and host it if anyone is interested and Serato is OK with it.
djcerla 3:53 PM - 21 September, 2009
Yeah, I already apologized with Serato/Numark, I should have stated more clearly it was just my vision for a new product, put in a "corporate" style as a joke ("Pincopalla" is Italian for "John Doe" :)

BTW, this quote from my original post could have been written by a Pioneer spokesman about the CDJ2000:

Quote:
"we felt that computers dont't have a lot to do with DJing ... Also, different computers mean different issues, with too many variables in play, to a degree in which a perfectly stable combo is virtually impossible to build. That's why we have decided to integrate the computer INSIDE the controller."

I think we're moving in this direction.
KLH 4:30 PM - 21 September, 2009
I fell for it again - props to DJCerla for having a sense of humor! We need more on this forum, IMHO.

-KLH
maestromind 4:31 PM - 21 September, 2009
That's definitely true. Just think about how cheap it is now to have the processing power needed to DJ, even with FX, inside a relatively small device (check out the Tonium Pacemaker for an example of what can be done).

Making a dedicated device that doesn't require a separate PC will improve stability (so long as it's done right), and that's priority #1 for any DJ. I think you're right that that's why Pioneer and Denon are going in that direction.
I actually would not be surprised if Numark takes what they learned from iDJ2 and the NS7 and combines it into something pretty similar to the NS10 you outlined.
kraal 4:36 PM - 21 September, 2009
but remeber the big complaint about the ns7 'if one part goes out your whole unit needs to be repaiered.' so if the screen goes out you need to send the whole thing for repair. or the will send you a replace ment that is round instead of rectangle and swear up and down it fits :)
KLH 4:38 PM - 21 September, 2009
I say buy two NS7s and relax. THAT's by far cheaper than going the Pioneer route.

-KLH
maestromind 4:49 PM - 21 September, 2009
I agree with KLH and kraal both. Numark should really make their premium products more user-serviceable which will please everyone.
DJdaveZ 8:23 PM - 21 September, 2009
wow forum staff totally over-reacted on this one... he never once said he was making an official announcement on the behalf of numark... he never said, this is an official announcement. nothing like that...
many people post information on this forum from other manufacturers... does that mean that by posting info on tracktor they are impersonating a NI employee? it doesnt really matter to you if they are or not because you are considered with serato staff or affiliates... but still... sheesh. he did not break any rules.
anyone with any sense of reality would have seen it was a joke by the first line... with a date in the future!
djcerla 8:38 PM - 21 September, 2009
Quote:
wow forum staff totally over-reacted on this one...

<serious mode>

I actually think they were right... people read infos on the Web in a very casual manner... my post wasn't immediately recognizable as a joke, so false rumors could have spread, not good for hardware sales when a rumor of a new, much better model spreads out... !

Sorry again :(

However I hope to have kickstarted some creative discussion and thoughts about the future of DJing.

</serious mode>

Technology and DJing... my 2 lifelong passions... just add a "naked girls" section to capture me entirely! :-)
D-RoC71 10:00 PM - 21 September, 2009
Yeah....but I just heard that they're coming out with NS12 that plays by itself w/ no DJ required.....ha ha ha ha...Just Kidding!!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 11:58 PM - 21 September, 2009
We love djcerla's involvement in these forums, and in some ways the post was funny. It's just we know there can be a lot of speculation on these forums, and much of the time people don't always see that things are said with a sense of humor.

Anyhow, jokes are always welcome, just make sure that any joke you make isn't going to cause possible heartache or potential sale of kidneys before people realize what time it is ;-P

Keep up the discussions of the future though, we are listening :D
marcA 7:21 AM - 22 September, 2009
hi Cerla, Matt,
well... first 2 secs when i read it i was going to grab my phone to cancel my just-ordered NS7...2 secs later i realised it was fake and had a good laugh :)
so maybe yes this could be shocking :):):)

but it's from these kind of fantasy's that great products come to life, so i like this dreams of the future :)

cu
M
DTHUSTLA 11:46 AM - 22 September, 2009
Quote:
On June 6th 2010 Numark introduced the NS10, a breakthrough DJing device.

Specifications:

- 2 spinning platters with vinyl and mixer section as seen on the acclaimed NS7
- internal 500 GB hard drive (sizes up to 2TB)
- touchscreen display with iTunes-style Coverflow for song selection based on artwork, transport onscreen controls, XY touch pad for FX manipulation, library editor and Pong game capability for casual gaming during long breaks
- embedded OS and Serato® ITCH sofware, for maximum integration and reliability for the mission-critical task
- 2 USB ports for library management via PC/Macintosh® computers and external HD
- no need for a laptop on stage anymore

I WUZ ABOUT TA HIT THE ROOF!! :-))
CMetrikal 5:24 PM - 17 December, 2009
Quote:
Yeah....but I just heard that they're coming out with NS12 that plays by itself w/ no DJ required.....ha ha ha ha...Just Kidding!!!!!

now thats what i call a DJ!
with that, do we just stand behind it and wave our arms! ha ha ha

Im not gonna lie, as soon as i read the first post, I STOPPED! started to google it and was searching for it on numark and this site! ha ha ha

you got me! maybe i should read on before assuming! ha ha

good job! funny!

i was gonna be pissed i wasted money! i just got this too! im a technic lover, but we shall see how this works for me!
9:21 PM, 17 Dec 2009
Discussion locked by ChrisD