DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Konix's Scratch Live Video Tutorials

Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 4:42 AM - 28 November, 2008
Some great videos here guys, take time to check them out!

From Konix:
Quote:
Hi all, I am in the process of making several video tutorials and how tos with ScratchLIVE, and also "help" videos to some of the most "common" SSL problems (i.e. "noob" RTFM problems) to save me the time of having to repeat the same thing over and over every week in the Help forum.

The first one I have done is instant doubles. After reading this and several other forums, I've found many people don't know how to use 1 turntable with SSL or the instant doubles feature, or let alone even know it exists or what it does. So, here it is broken down...

How To - Instant Doubles
Watchyoutube.com

HELP! I can't hear any music, all I hear is a loud beeeepppp
Watchyoutube.com

HELP! My tracks play backwards, or it scrolls through my tracks
Watchyoutube.com

HELP! I hear a faint humming noise coming from the needle. It's really annoying.
Watchyoutube.com

HELP! The waveforms move really slow or I see 3 lines instead of the normal waveform
Watchyoutube.com

Tip - How to halve/double BPMs without building overviews
Watchyoutube.com

How to copy everything (crates, songs, cue points, etc) from your internal drive to an external drive
Watchyoutube.com

How to setup and run multiple SSL libraries/databases
Watchyoutube.com

Tracks play really slow/fast
Watchyoutube.com

How to get back accidentally deleted crates
Watchyoutube.com

Crates, Overviews and BPMs (noob stuff)
Watchyoutube.com

Easter Eggs
Watchyoutube.com

ScratchLIVE 1.8.2 first look
Watchyoutube.com

Behringer DDM4000 controlling SSL via MIDI
Watchyoutube.com

MixList plugin - Review and printout your setlist automatically (Mac only)
Watchyoutube.com

MixEmergency plugin - Video mixing with the SL1, no 57 required (Mac only)
Watchyoutube.com

Mac and SSL tricks - Hide the waveforms and invert screen colors
Watchyoutube.com

Loop roll
Watchyoutube.com

Coloring coding tracks
Watchyoutube.com

How to setup and use a MIDI controller in SSL
Watchyoutube.com
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:50 AM - 28 November, 2008
great work Konix !
DJ Prinvale` 7:03 AM - 28 November, 2008
Konix is awesome for taking the time and effort in doing all these. I know the 57SL FX tutorials he did helped me out a bunch!
DeezNotes 3:44 AM - 29 November, 2008
These are the most useful videos I've found on youtube. Right up there with the one about folding shirts REALLY fast.
Dj BuddyLove 10:39 PM - 30 November, 2008
*bump*
Deejay Z 10:50 PM - 30 November, 2008
no need to bump its a sticky ;-)

But mad props!
Dj BuddyLove 10:53 PM - 30 November, 2008
just wanted to keep updated..

:)
Konix 7:18 PM - 3 December, 2008
How to record your mix (this gets asked pretty much daily in the Help forums)

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:42 AM - 4 December, 2008
Quote:
How to record your mix (this gets asked pretty much daily in the Help forums)

Watchwww.youtube.com
nice
Chulindo 5:17 PM - 4 December, 2008
I love youuuuuuuuu mua
dj shadow from detroit 9:14 PM - 4 December, 2008
suppose to put ( no homo ) after that! loL!
Dj che 2:03 PM - 9 December, 2008
you are the best man. respect
DJ G-NUTZ 4:32 AM - 10 December, 2008
Hey Konix I use the serato program to record my live mixes. I use a rca cable with the earphone plug at the end. The rca part goes into the ttm56 mixer master output then the earphone pluggin part to the interface mic input. Then I use rca cable form mixer aux output to amp input to hear what im mixing.

In the serato software change record option to mic. just make sure your mic gain is a zero on the interface. The mixes never sound like ish either. I just do a lil editing with another program like normalizing, hiss reduce, convert to mp3 etc..
Konix 5:11 PM - 18 December, 2008
How to add album art to your files (to show in SSL)

Watchwww.youtube.com
LOQUITO 5:16 PM - 18 December, 2008
Konix, can you please do a video on how to create a script shell that has multiple commands like: Sync crates and Subcrates to hard drive folders, sort crates order, sort columns, deleted orphan files, etc. I have read the instructions posted already but a video will be more clear to me.
Deejay Z 8:02 PM - 18 December, 2008
Quote:
Konix, can you please do a video on how to create a script shell that has multiple commands like: Sync crates and Subcrates to hard drive folders, sort crates order, sort columns, deleted orphan files, etc. I have read the instructions posted already but a video will be more clear to me.

I think that has to do with ScratchTools. forum.scratchtools.de

Hope that helps

Z
iKnowDJZ.com
DeezNotes 11:13 PM - 18 December, 2008
It would be dope if they just included these features in the program.
Konix 4:15 PM - 19 December, 2008
Quote:

I've posted a video on how to make a script/batch file for multiple commands on Macs on the ScratchTools forums, you can watch here... forum.scratchtools.de
LOQUITO 8:39 PM - 19 December, 2008
Konix brought Christmas early to my life !! Thanks Dude. Great Video.
PlatinumLung 11:05 PM - 26 December, 2008
For the External HD video...is there a way to test this before i delete all the music of my laptop??? I'm afraid I will lose all my music...
Konix 11:57 PM - 26 December, 2008
Yes, just rename your ScratchLIVE folder in your Music folder on the internal drive to something like "ScratchLIVE_old" and this wil prevent SSL from loading all your crates from the internal drive's songs. Start SSL with your external plugged in and if you did everything correctly it will only load the crates with the songs from the external drive. Try loading a few songs up, if they load, you're good.
Konix 9:53 PM - 27 December, 2008
ScratchTools - The ultimate ScratchLIVE crate/library program

Watchwww.youtube.com

this isn't a "how to" video for ScratchTools, I've already done all those, it's just showing what ScratchTools can do.
OhCeeDee 11:56 PM - 3 January, 2009
hey konix great videos

"How to copy everything (crates, songs, cue points, etc) from your internal drive to an external drive"

the audio on this video seems to be way off for me for some reason, like by at least 10 seconds.

any ideas?
Konix 1:42 AM - 4 January, 2009
Humm, it appears to be. I'll take it down and make a new one tommorow.
WarpNote 1:56 PM - 4 January, 2009
Quote:
I've posted a video on how to make a script/batch file for multiple commands on Macs on the ScratchTools forums, you can watch here... forum.scratchtools.de

I put together a small collection of icons for my own usage with Scratch Tools scripts.

Thought I'd share them. Nothing fancy, just a couple of different ones to make your desktop look less dull. The genre icons use the most common ones from iTunes...

You can find them at the ScratchTools forum -> forum.scratchtools.de
mastermind 7:44 PM - 11 January, 2009
konix.. my man. is that new vid to move everything to external out yet! just bought an external and I need to do the whole thing.thanx man. love all the time you put in.
mizu 3:58 PM - 14 January, 2009
How to copy everything (crates, songs, cue points, etc) from your internal drive to an external drive
Watchwww.youtube.com
mastermind 1:39 AM - 15 January, 2009
the vid has been removed
Konix 3:45 AM - 15 January, 2009
Sorry, been busy the last couple days. Should have a new video for moving everything over to an external drive up some time tomorrow. For now though, you can read the text guide instructions here...

PC = ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de
Mac = ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de
Konix 1:29 AM - 19 January, 2009
First Look - ScratchLIVE 1.9

Part 1 - Watchwww.youtube.com
Part 2 (History area) - Watchwww.youtube.com
Part 3 - (Drop Sampler) - Watchwww.youtube.com
Part 4 - Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 6:28 AM - 19 January, 2009
nice work konix
DJ G-NUTZ 7:42 AM - 19 January, 2009
Thanks Konix
HittinSkinzTa2 7:54 AM - 19 January, 2009
Great work Konix.

When you get a chance, any possibility you can make a video on the new Loop Roll?
i.e. using it, mapping it to midi, etc.
Dj BuddyLove 8:37 AM - 19 January, 2009
^^+1
Culprit 9:03 AM - 19 January, 2009
he did do a video on the loop roll effect.

loop roll - Watchwww.youtube.com

top of the page.
Dj BuddyLove 9:27 AM - 19 January, 2009
^^ +1 on great work Konix...
i already knew about the loop roll vid :)
DeezNotes 1:24 PM - 19 January, 2009
Since everyone wants to try 1.9 but doesn't want to get rid of 1.8, a lot of people have been asking about running multiple versions of SSL on their computer. I wanted to make a video to show someone, but I figured I'd ask the Serato Tutor first. The instructions are posted by the Serato team in the beta, but I don't think everyone understands.

Personally, on Windows I modify my desktop shortcut to point to the C:\Program Files\Serato\ScratchLIVE folder and rename the .exe files in there. On Mac, I just put the .app files on my desktop with the version numbers.
Dj BuddyLove 1:27 PM - 19 January, 2009
that would be great..
because i still dont know how to do it!!!

hahahaha..
HittinSkinzTa2 2:35 PM - 19 January, 2009
Quote:
he did do a video on the loop roll effect.

loop roll - Watchwww.youtube.com

top of the page.

I've seen that video. It doesn't exactly explain how to use it, let alone map it to a MIDI controller.
Konix 3:38 PM - 19 January, 2009
MIDI mapping loop rolling coming now, give me a few minutes.
Culprit 3:52 PM - 19 January, 2009
ask and you shall receive. I would love a way to loop roll on the ttm57sl using one of the programmable buttons, ganna see if that is possible.
Konix 6:42 PM - 19 January, 2009
How to assign loop rolling to MIDI controllers

Watchwww.youtube.com
HittinSkinzTa2 6:48 PM - 19 January, 2009
Awesome! Thanks bro.
LOQUITO 10:36 PM - 19 January, 2009
Konix can you post a link to download the 1.9 version please. Or is it not out just yet.
Konix 11:13 PM - 19 January, 2009
Uh, look three threads below this one. You can't miss it "ScratchLIVE 1.9 is now in Public Beta."
mastermind 11:23 PM - 19 January, 2009
Konix...... Man did you forget about this texas cat. I fucked up my folders on my mac trying to do it! I know everyone is on the 1.9 kick and all. I just want to move all my stuff to my external and the directions given are not very clear to me.
Once again thanx for taking the time to do this.We all got stuff to do I know. Any time you take the time to help others is something special.
Thanx bro!!
Konix 11:30 PM - 19 January, 2009
Oh, you live in Texas, so do I. If you want to drive to Houston I'll just do it for you in a jiffy. I see you're in San Antonio, so might be a little drive for you.
mastermind 11:36 PM - 19 January, 2009
^^^^^^ lol. My car is all fucked up!!! and my donkey has not been fed for two weeks! Help a fellow Texan out.
mastermind 11:37 PM - 19 January, 2009
You should be in a good mood. The Rockets won!!
Culprit 12:01 AM - 20 January, 2009
man, the serato tutor invites you to his pad to help you out, and you cant make it?

shame on you, lol
mastermind 12:09 AM - 20 January, 2009
rain check?
mastermind 11:06 AM - 20 January, 2009
konix. thanx for your help. r u a piston or rocket fan?
dead serious 2:01 AM - 22 January, 2009
....waits for konix to do the 1.9 third deck easter egg video.....bwahah
WarpNote 10:17 AM - 22 January, 2009
Hey Konix,
might be a good idea to make a video on how to utilize the new set/play list export?

Ie:
how to export them (txt,csv,m3u), how to use them in a spread sheet, how to import a m3u playlist to a media player (iTunes, Media Monkey etc) for syncing your set list to an mp3 player.

I guess you've covered some of it already.
Its fairly obvious, but some might have missed this great new feature.
Certified Quality Entertainment 4:53 PM - 26 January, 2009
Hey Konix or anyone else for that matter.

I followed your tutorial on how to backup all tracks, crates, etc on an external but it doesn't exactly work for me. I think the reason is because of the way make my crates:

I use itunes to import all of my music. I make a playlist in itunes (which then shows up in SL). I then open up SL and make a SL crate. After that I highlight and drag all songs from the itunes playlist into the SL crate. Once all my songs are in there I can then make subcrates, etc...I then go into itunes and delte the original playlist that I created. So in the end I have a bunch of SL crates, no itunes playlists even though everything is reading through itunes.

Now when I plug in my external to another computer/or same computer, all of my crates and everything show up, but all my music has the pink question mark showing there are no files found. Any thoughts?
dj shadow from detroit 4:58 PM - 26 January, 2009
corrupt database. rename it to something else.then reload serato and let it read all your tags.and all your files will show up correct.
depending how many files you have it might take a little while.

hope this helps.
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:15 PM - 26 January, 2009
Rename the database to what? I have about 20k files
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:26 PM - 26 January, 2009
Anyone can feel free to PM me so we don't clog up this thread.

Thanks!
DeezNotes 7:23 PM - 26 January, 2009
The pink question mark means that specific file can't be found. If it can't find the song, first figure out where you are looking (use the location field). Then figure out where your file is. There's more to it, but once you understand the foundation of how it works and what the error messages mean, you can work your way to a solution. Just relate it to real world stuff... like records. Basically, you have a bunch of empty record sleeves and no vinyl. Find your vinyl.
dj shadow from detroit 7:24 PM - 26 January, 2009
name it anything.

master database :)
Culprit 9:28 PM - 26 January, 2009
i would suggest renaming it to database_old
dj shadow from detroit 9:32 PM - 26 January, 2009
i agree.
it makes since :)
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:54 PM - 26 January, 2009
Ill try when i get a chance tonight. Ill let you know how it goes!
Konix 3:12 AM - 10 February, 2009
How to transfer all you crates/songs from your internal drive to an external drive (remake)

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj-b 4:33 AM - 25 February, 2009
Quote:
How to add album art to your files (to show in SSL)

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hey Konix thanks for all these videos. Very informative. I tried the album art and what if the mp3 already has a picture attached to it? When I drag and drop the new picture it shows up for the time being, but then the old picture keeps coming up in serato?
Konix 5:20 AM - 25 February, 2009
Right click the file (in iTunes), select "Get Info," go to the artwork tab, and if you see multiple pics, click and highlight and delete the ones you don't want. Then the correct one should show in SSL.
Konix 2:02 AM - 5 March, 2009
1.9 Public Beta 3 - what's new

Watchwww.youtube.com
DeezNotes 3:17 AM - 5 March, 2009
thanks for the update!
DJ Unique 5:48 AM - 5 March, 2009
Thanks Konix
Dj Toothbrush 9:12 PM - 5 March, 2009
Thanks Konix.....
DJ Baby Brother 6:30 PM - 11 March, 2009
Hey Konix, I recently converted from pc to mac with all my music on my external drive. when i load my tracks from my external it takes a very long time. is there any fix to this problem?
also how do i load 1.8.3 & 1.9 on my mac w/o one disrupting the other. they both go to my main hard drive & one overwrites the other?

thanks in advance!
Culprit 7:15 PM - 11 March, 2009
Quote:
Hey Konix, I recently converted from pc to mac with all my music on my external drive. when i load my tracks from my external it takes a very long time. is there any fix to this problem?
also how do i load 1.8.3 & 1.9 on my mac w/o one disrupting the other. they both go to my main hard drive & one overwrites the other?

thanks in advance!

You could try going into your _scratchlive folder and renaming the "database" file into "database_old" and let serato load up every track again.
DJ RUBZ 12:05 PM - 12 March, 2009
konix firstly please except my apology for spelling your name wrong. do you use itunes to initially sort your music and tag it. paticuarly house music hard to find album covers and correct tags especially remixes. or do you sort it prior if so what do you use..
thanks
Free Man 12:59 PM - 12 March, 2009
To run 2 (or more) versions of SSL, rename the current one on your computer (add 1.8.3 or something) then when downloading the new one it will not replace the current one.

if you want more than 2, just keep changing the names.
DJ Baby Brother 6:35 PM - 18 March, 2009
culprit or anyone else.... HELP!!!
still having trouble with my library loading very slow. takes over 10 minutes to load library. didn't do that with my pc. ANY ADVICE OR FIXES TO MY PAIN??? (agony agony)!!
Culprit 6:39 PM - 18 March, 2009
did u do what i told you above? what did it do?
Free Man 6:57 PM - 18 March, 2009
Quote:
culprit or anyone else.... HELP!!!
still having trouble with my library loading very slow. takes over 10 minutes to load library. didn't do that with my pc. ANY ADVICE OR FIXES TO MY PAIN??? (agony agony)!!

kill iTunes... seriously if you dont have "read iTunes" checked, i bet it will load WAY faster
Dj BuddyLove 8:14 PM - 18 March, 2009
kill iTunes +1
DJ Baby Brother 8:22 PM - 18 March, 2009
Free Man, 99% of my music is on my external drive. how can i change the songs on the external to iTunes? Culprit, i will let u know when i get back to my cpu.
Free Man 8:31 PM - 18 March, 2009
Quote:
Free Man, 99% of my music is on my external drive. how can i change the songs on the external to iTunes? Culprit, i will let u know when i get back to my cpu.

I dont know what you mean by change them to iTunes...

go into SSL settings, make sure read iTunes libary is not checked. if not all of your songs appear, open the folder where your songs are located, and drag them to your all folder. this should not cause duplicates (as far as i'm aware, or have experienced)
DJ Baby Brother 8:39 PM - 18 March, 2009
just got a new macbook have some songs on itunes so when iTunes library is checked that's fine for the internal drive. but, the songs on the external drive are just in mp3 form. so i guess my question is, do i put those songs in itunes? (it's over 10,000)
Free Man 8:42 PM - 18 March, 2009
you can, but i have found the more songs in iTunes the longer SSL takes to load when it reads from iTunes
isaiahjeremiah 9:55 PM - 19 March, 2009
Bpms are coming out double what they are suppose to be when analyzing files.. When I try to adjust range of bpm no change.. ?? I think there was a video in this forum how to fix that but looks like konix deleted it.
HittinSkinzTa2 10:39 PM - 19 March, 2009
Hold ALT/Option and the arrow key up or down to double or half your BPM's.
isaiahjeremiah 10:43 PM - 19 March, 2009
thanks!
Free Man 12:38 PM - 20 March, 2009
Quote:
Hold ALT/Option and the arrow key up or down to double or half your BPM's.

i didnt know that... thanks
HittinSkinzTa2 8:37 PM - 20 March, 2009
Anytime.
reelsteelz 6:16 PM - 21 March, 2009
how you do that autoloop & shut down, i'm not getting it or is it only for 1.7 version, i got 1.8 ... HELP
Konix 6:28 PM - 5 April, 2009
How to move everything from your EXTERNAL drive back into your INTERNAL drive

Watchwww.youtube.com
DeezNotes 6:57 PM - 5 April, 2009
Konix, this has been killing me... what program do you use to display the fan speed and tempurature? I've been using iStat but it doesn't stack the text vertically like that (but it does provide other useful statistics like network, memory and CPU).
Konix 7:43 PM - 5 April, 2009
The program is called smcFanControl 2.1, which is a free program you can download here... homepage.mac.com . It's a nice little app that lets you change the fan speed, and of course shows the temp and speed in the menubar.
DeezNotes 2:46 AM - 6 April, 2009
Thanks!
Konix 3:14 PM - 13 April, 2009
How to put all your crates in alphabetical order (without ScratchTools)

Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 3:54 PM - 13 April, 2009
Nice, thanks!
Limin Li 8:24 PM - 15 April, 2009
Afternoon Konix

What software do you use to capture video from your macbook?
Konix 11:13 PM - 15 April, 2009
SnapzProX... www.ambrosiasw.com
feniks 12:35 AM - 16 April, 2009
Quote:
SnapzProX... www.ambrosiasw.com

+1.

this has definitely become an essential program that i have to have on all my macs now.
Dj BuddyLove 12:38 AM - 16 April, 2009
damm i need a mac :(
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:27 PM - 16 April, 2009
damn, I need some orange vinyl :(

what are you waiting for?
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:27 PM - 16 April, 2009
;)
Dj BuddyLove 8:40 PM - 16 April, 2009
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:06 PM - 16 April, 2009
thats what I need to catch up on the CV collection....

haha
feniks 9:39 PM - 16 April, 2009
i need yellow (and orange now that i think about it). any sellers?
feniks 9:39 PM - 16 April, 2009
[/thread hijack]
Free Man 1:42 PM - 17 April, 2009
Quote:
How to put all your crates in alphabetical order (without ScratchTools)

Watchwww.youtube.com

Konix, I use an external drive... It worked fine for the file that was saved on my MBP, but it appears that after having moved the file that was on my external drive, that it didnt help... I'll restart SSL again, but so far it didnt help 100%
mastermind 6:51 PM - 25 May, 2009
konix... have updated to 10.5.7? if so.... any issues?
dj_craigmac 5:47 PM - 29 May, 2009
Quote:
How to transfer all you crates/songs from your internal drive to an external drive (remake)

Watchwww.youtube.com

Mr.Konix, i appreciate you posting this video. I'm still a lil lost cause i use itunes within SSL for my songs. When i open up the music folder on my mac i only see an itunes folder and a scratchlive folder. It appears that all of my songs are in itunes. so my question is how do i move the songs over to an external to mimick my created ssl crates when all of the songs are stored in itunes. I'm starting to get very nervous that i could lose all of my music if something goes wrong with my internal hd or the laptop itself. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and hyperventilating from a bad nightmare that i lost all of my music. I sincerely appreciate any help on this matter.
Konix 4:32 PM - 3 June, 2009
How to transfer crates from one external drive to another external drive...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Toothbrush 5:23 PM - 3 June, 2009
Thanks.....

Brush....
The New Guy 1:43 AM - 5 June, 2009
haha^^^DJ Toothbrush, Please tell me how you got that name
DJ Unique 8:11 AM - 5 June, 2009
Quote:
haha^^^DJ Toothbrush, Please tell me how you got that name

Maybe he's a Dentist.
LOL
Dj Toothbrush 11:01 PM - 12 June, 2009
No, not a dentist, (that's funny right there)..........Just a little catch, but now thinking about changing it to just "Brush"......

Still thinking....

Big ups to Konix for all his advice and his videos. They help me out a lot.......

Thanks again

Brush
Konix 7:24 PM - 20 June, 2009
First Look (not really) - Scratch Live 1.9.1

Watchwww.youtube.com
VJ Justin Allen 7:46 PM - 20 June, 2009
Nice overview Konix.
Dj BuddyLove 7:49 PM - 20 June, 2009
fuckin SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!
thanks Konix..

man that sample player is looking awsome!! (just needs sync option)

and puttin the key next to the track is a life saver (thanks serato)
i would have spent hours tagging the end of each song title..
arggghh..now to re-tag all the ones ive done already :( about 3,000

thanks agian serato/konix..
Dj BuddyLove 8:16 PM - 20 June, 2009
Here's DVDJHardy
Watchwww.youtube.com

when will the beta be released...im stooked!! :)
Konix 8:28 PM - 20 June, 2009
Um, it's already out... scratchlive.net
Dj BuddyLove 8:30 PM - 20 June, 2009
ahhh thanks ive been a Fourm missing person for awhile..lol
valdini 6:41 AM - 21 June, 2009
Nice video, everything explained fully and very helpful to know. Just gonna sit tight for a month or so until its fully tested before jumping in...also want to bag a midi controller now to work the SP6 fully!

K
Konix 5:51 PM - 3 August, 2009
How To Calibrate

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj shadow from detroit 8:58 PM - 3 August, 2009
konix another great vid :)
Dj BuddyLove 12:13 AM - 4 August, 2009
+1
djchrischip 1:15 PM - 4 August, 2009
+1 on another informative video
djbabyboy 6:47 PM - 4 August, 2009
Konix, does your last vid apply to cdjs also? Also just want to dsay thanks for your help with the vids over the years. Great Job.
djbabyboy 6:48 PM - 4 August, 2009
*say opps type-o
Konix 7:05 PM - 4 August, 2009
Yes you still need to calibrate with CDJs, but instead of putting the needle on the record you just pause the CD.
Konix 7:07 PM - 4 August, 2009
However I will say calibration is probably not as important (but still important enough) with CDJs as it is with turntables, due to the nature of CD players being all digital and turntables being analog. You don't have to worry about needles/vibrations/ground wires, etc.
djbabyboy 1:51 PM - 5 August, 2009
Thanks, the reason i ask is because i have played both ways and can't tell the different, but for now on out i will calibrate.
dj shadow from detroit 2:59 PM - 5 August, 2009
calibration is so important with turntables.

record fluctuation speed and scratching is off if not done correctly.
DJ Sleezy 5:07 PM - 6 August, 2009
Konix - When you midi to your DDM4000 are you using the SL1 still?
DJ Sleezy 5:40 PM - 6 August, 2009
Let me restate my question above:

When you midi to the 4000, I presume you still setup the SL1 as normal right?
Maskrider 5:58 PM - 6 August, 2009
Quote:
How To Calibrate

Watchwww.youtube.com

Tnx for the Video. I thought I knew how to calibrate.lol
Konix 8:27 PM - 6 August, 2009
Quote:

Yes everything turntable/SSL/mixer-wise is still setup per normal.
DJ Sleezy 11:32 PM - 6 August, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Yes everything turntable/SSL/mixer-wise is still setup per normal.

Thanks Konix - I tell ya what, your vid's are spot on with all the real life questions people have. Keep up the great work. I hope your getting something in return for all the work you've put into this product. Keep'em coming!
Konix 10:29 PM - 12 August, 2009
How To - Vinyl Scroll

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ DECK 2:53 PM - 13 August, 2009
Big Thanks Konix, thanks to your vids on transferring files from External to Internal or Internal to External I was able to ease by. Thanks again.
DJ Sleezy 8:39 PM - 27 August, 2009
Konix - I just got into the MAC world. I seen your vid on moving crates/songs/ect from a PC to an external drive. I would rather keep it there for mobility purposes anyway, but do you have a vid on connecting my new MAC to the external drive with PC data and using my old crates/songs/stuff?
Thanks dude! Your real life solutions are great. I know youve answered my questions for so many people.

DJS
Konix 1:53 AM - 28 August, 2009
If all your crates are already on the external drive, then you don't have to do anything...maybe. If the drive is formatted Windows NTFS, then you won't be able to save/change/edit/delete/modify anything on the ext drive when connected to the Mac, as Macs cannot write* to NTFS drives, only read. If the ext drive is FAT32, then it's ready to go on the Mac and you don't have to do anything.

*It's possible for Macs to write to NTFS drives via third party programs/drives like MacFUSE and NTFS-3G, but I really don't recommend these.
djdocstrange 1:54 AM - 28 August, 2009
what about ntfs for mac by paragon i use it from time to time and it work fine?
DJ Zay V. 9:41 AM - 26 September, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
How To Calibrate

Watchwww.youtube.com

Tnx for the Video. I thought I knew how to calibrate.lol

How come when i try to do this it goes all the way to the right?? I end up playing with it all the way to the right and nothing bad happens, but that would be cool if i could make it go to the middle..
DJ Zay V. 9:41 AM - 26 September, 2009
and i got little circles but i want big circles
Screwd 5:13 PM - 30 September, 2009
Yo

Big Up for that continued big work....

u doin a great "job" hehe
DJ Sleezy 9:36 PM - 30 September, 2009
Konix, I have a new mac and watched your video on moving songs to an external, works great btw. On the Internal HD, everytime I save the ScratchLIVE folder to ScratchLIVE_old, the mac will create a new ScratchLIVE folder? Does this make sense? It does the same thing if I delete it, makes a new one? On my external drive, my folder is named _ScratchLIVE_ just as you described in your video. Got any suggestions? I dont have the latest Leopard OS just FYI. Thanks.
DJ Sleezy 9:42 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
Konix, I have a new mac and watched your video on moving songs to an external, works great btw. On the Internal HD, everytime I save the ScratchLIVE folder to ScratchLIVE_old, the mac will create a new ScratchLIVE folder? Does this make sense? It does the same thing if I delete it, makes a new one? On my external drive, my folder is named _ScratchLIVE_ just as you described in your video. Got any suggestions? I dont have the latest Leopard OS just FYI. Thanks.

To add, I do see both drives, so the crates are setup correctly. BUT, I see 2 of each song and it takes space. Holla!
DJ DECK 3:32 PM - 1 October, 2009
your mac is reading both External and Internal drives. Try unpluggin the usb from the external drive, then open up SSL again and you should see only your internal files.

I think that's what your asking? (no expert)
DJ Sleezy 5:12 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
your mac is reading both External and Internal drives. Try unpluggin the usb from the external drive, then open up SSL again and you should see only your internal files.

Deck - thats not what I want to happen. I only want to see my external. The purpose behind this transfer from internal to external is to save space on your pc harddrive and store everything on the external.
WarpNote 5:36 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Deck - thats not what I want to happen. I only want to see my external. The purpose behind this transfer from internal to external is to save space on your pc harddrive and store everything on the external.

After you have copied all your stuff to the external, You need to go into the internal drive, delete the ScratchLIVE folder and all your music....
DJ DECK 5:57 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

After you have copied all your stuff to the external, You need to go into the internal drive, delete the ScratchLIVE folder and all your music....

@ Sleezy: Gotcha

do what WarpNote said, SSL should then read you External Files then.
LOQUITO 5:48 PM - 4 October, 2009
So I just upgraded my mac to SNOW LEOPARD Everything seemed to be working the same until i added new music to my HD and then I hit my scratch tools command short cut to sync my HD folders with my serato crates and all the sudden I have duplicate songs (not crates ) but songs in my entire library.... what happened ?
Konix 6:17 PM - 4 October, 2009
That's an issue with Snow Leopard a lot of people are having, triplicate files.
Konix 6:22 PM - 4 October, 2009
Quote:

That is normal. There always has to be a ScratchLIVE folder in your Music folder. This is the "main" one SSL uses to store most of it's stuff, like the history, crash log, overview builder log, MIDI settings, recorded sets, Whitelabel files, etc. These aren't stored in the external drive _ScratchLIVE_ folders. So if you delete the ScratchLIVE folder in the Music folder, SSL will just make a new one on next load.

The purpose of renaming/deleting it is just to prevent SSL from loading the crates/subcrates from the Internal drive.
isaiahjeremiah 12:37 AM - 5 October, 2009
i've done everything it says to do in your video konix for the threshold, but it still goes all the way to the right.. it plays fine but i'm not sure why its doing that.. any help would be great
Dj.Mojo 9:34 AM - 5 October, 2009
Serato then recomends to check the grounding.
DJ Infiniti 3:42 AM - 15 October, 2009
Quote:
Yes you still need to calibrate with CDJs, but instead of putting the needle on the record you just pause the CD.

I tried to calibrate with my CDJ 800's today and I did exactly what the video said except when Konix put the needle on the record I pushed pause on my CDJ...

Step 1: Play a track in internal mode at volume which will be used (club volume)

Step 2: Click setup put my CDJ's on pause

Step 3: Click the estimate button

Now when I click or hold the estimate button while the CDJ is paused the bar moves all the way to the left -72db.. If I click the or hold the estimate button down while the CDJ is playing.. it movies the bar all the way to the right -24db

when the CDJ is paused the top right corner doesnt bounce around and stays at 0.0 and the bottom right corner says 0%..

when the CDJ is playing it shows the pitch % at which the CDJ is at and it shows 100%.

but i dont understand why it goes to -24db when playing or -72db when paused?

shouldn't it be in the middle as per Konix's video?

Watchwww.youtube.com

thx
Konix 1:50 PM - 15 October, 2009
With CDJs it's a little different. Calibrating isn't as important (but still important enough) with CDJs as it is with turntables, since CDJs are digital and don't have a lot the "analogue" problems associated with turntables that cause a lot of the noise issues (ground wires, needles, vibration, etc.). If you're getting -72dB with CDJs, then great. As long as you don't get any "ghost" movements on the virtual decks and/or digital grumbling when the player is stopped, then you're good.
DJ Infiniti 4:04 AM - 21 October, 2009
hey Konix.. i get ghost movements when my setting is at -72db which is what it calibrates at when my cdjs are paused and the volume is turned up on internal mode.. i tried doing it manually and possibly putting it in the middle around 47db.. but the only time i dont get ghost movements is when its -24db..

just so we're talking about the same thing.. ghost movement refers to the waveform moving slightly even when the cdj is paused?

i have SL3

thx
isaiahjeremiah 12:44 AM - 11 November, 2009
I tried turning the volume all the way down, and only when i have the volume all the way down does my threshold go more to the middle. I'm in int mode and as i turn it up it goes all the way to the right.. what am i doing wrong here?
isaiahjeremiah 12:48 AM - 11 November, 2009
I'm on a stage and there is subwoofers below me.. do you think its too much base for where i am located?
isaiahjeremiah 12:48 AM - 11 November, 2009
bass*
isaiahjeremiah 1:30 AM - 11 November, 2009
everything is playing fine.. but the threshold is all the way to the right
isaiahjeremiah 1:37 AM - 11 November, 2009
i see in the setting it says phono sensitivity level.. do you think that could be the problem?
isaiahjeremiah 8:19 PM - 11 November, 2009
so i noticed the height to my tone arms need to be adjusted, but they are seized up and I can't adjust it.. Found a youtube video on how to fix it.. Do you think this is whats causing the problem with my threshold? thanks konix!
VJ Justin Allen 2:38 PM - 16 November, 2009
Konix,

I was going to link your "How to move everything to an external drive" video for another user to see and it's been deleted by you! Is it somewhere else?
Konix 12:05 AM - 17 November, 2009
It's still there, I did a new one sometime back as the original one had some sync problems, but here it is... Watchwww.youtube.com
VJ Justin Allen 12:06 AM - 17 November, 2009
Thanks!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 7:54 PM - 17 November, 2009
Original post updated with the new video :)
Dj.Mojo 7:56 PM - 17 November, 2009
I thought Serato is keeping it real and doesn´t edit posts?

Deeply disapointed!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 7:58 PM - 17 November, 2009
Sssh, don't tell anyone :P
Dj.Mojo 10:18 AM - 18 November, 2009
O.k.I´ll let it slip this one time!
Konix 7:35 PM - 20 November, 2009
Transferring from PC to Mac

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:14 PM - 22 November, 2009
Konix does not mow his lawn....he dares it to grow
Dj.Mojo 8:17 PM - 22 November, 2009
Konix is the new Chuck Norris!
Konix 9:38 PM - 2 December, 2009
HELP! My tracks start with a negative time and I have to scroll far into the vinyl/CD to get the track to start...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 9:39 PM - 2 December, 2009
MIDI mapping rotary encoders/endless rotaries

Watchwww.youtube.com
VJ Justin Allen 9:48 PM - 2 December, 2009
Love the midi mapping one...once again more knowledge!!
ProfBen 9:31 PM - 10 December, 2009
Quote:
Right up there with the one about folding shirts REALLY fast.

Jesus, dude. You just changed my life!
Culprit 9:46 PM - 10 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Ganna look that one up 2!
DeezNotes 10:46 PM - 10 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 11:25 PM - 10 December, 2009
my plot to take over the world thickens...
isaiahjeremiah 6:00 PM - 11 December, 2009
Quote:
i've done everything it says to do in your video konix for the threshold, but it still goes all the way to the right.. it plays fine but i'm not sure why its doing that.. any help would be great

I found something that might work in another thread. Rubber bands and ashtrays. Thanks for the help!
PopRoXxX 5:00 PM - 13 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

this will cut my laundry time in HALF!! whoo hoo!
Culprit 7:13 AM - 14 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

this will cut my laundry time in HALF!! whoo hoo!

Yep, just did it yesterday and I did all my shirts in less that 2 mins and there was about 15 or 16 shirts in the pile
PopRoXxX 12:29 AM - 15 December, 2009
^^^^ nice! ;-)
Free Man 4:23 PM - 17 December, 2009
what is the command to change the BPM... Example... it says 184 bpm, and its really half that ... what is the command that i do to get it to switch
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:24 PM - 17 December, 2009
alt, up arrow or down arrow

select the bpm field first
Free Man 4:26 PM - 17 December, 2009
awesome, i remember it was simple...

Thanks
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:26 PM - 24 December, 2009
Konix can read both pages of a manual at the same time.
Konix 8:49 PM - 5 January, 2010
Recording your mixes with the SL3

Watchwww.youtube.com
RogerRabbit 2:58 AM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

For all your helpful videos, I think your name should read :

Konix
serato, support
Dj BuddyLove 1:52 PM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Konix,
what program are you using for all that?
Screen Recording, Web Cam & Magnifying
i need a program like that..

thanks
Konix 2:46 PM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:
Konix,

Screenflow... www.telestream.net . It's Mac only though.
Dj BuddyLove 2:53 PM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Konix,

Screenflow... www.telestream.net . It's Mac only though.

ahhh..
thanks Konix
do you know of any programs as equivalent for vista :(
Konix 3:00 PM - 6 January, 2010
Camtasia is a pretty good PC equivalent... www.techsmith.com
Dj BuddyLove 5:00 PM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:
Camtasia is a pretty good PC equivalent... www.techsmith.com

thanks man,
ill check it out
illmatic 9:29 PM - 29 January, 2010
Konix

Can you post a videoon how to use the 57 as an sl 1 in certain club situations

thanx in advance
Dj.Mojo 9:32 PM - 29 January, 2010
Check this tutorial
ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de
illmatic 10:15 PM - 29 January, 2010
Thanx for the wiki
Konix 2:44 AM - 11 February, 2010
Not so first look - Scratch Live 2.0 Public Beta

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 2:45 AM - 11 February, 2010
^part 1^

part 2 coming next
Konix 2:57 AM - 11 February, 2010
Not so first look - Scratch Live 2.0 Public Beta - part 2

Watchwww.youtube.com
RogerRabbit 3:10 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Not so first look - Scratch Live 2.0 Public Beta - part 2

Watchwww.youtube.com

Good stuff on both 2.0 vids..

Part 2, the fx vid is a bit fuzzy, maybe not full processed in youtube - *shrugs*
Konix 3:15 AM - 11 February, 2010
Yes give it a few minutes for better quality, still not fully processed.
Konix 3:16 AM - 11 February, 2010
part 3 coming next :)
Dj BuddyLove 3:21 AM - 11 February, 2010
nice vids as always konix,

keep it up
the_black_one 3:32 AM - 11 February, 2010
cant wait
LOQUITO 4:59 AM - 11 February, 2010
great videos
djbanno 11:18 AM - 11 February, 2010
A group "thanks" from us Australian Serato users Konix.
Mr Jimdobalina 12:41 PM - 11 February, 2010
Thanks konix

Got any tips on the best way of mapping an Akai LPD8 to serato 2.0?
djchrischip 1:29 PM - 11 February, 2010
konix is the man
he should be on salary with serato
n get free goodies from rane/serato

which he would share with his frends!!!
DJ Eighty 8 2:31 PM - 11 February, 2010
Rane/Serato.........please cut this man his f***ing check right now!
DJ Eighty 8 2:36 PM - 11 February, 2010
I have the Denon DN-HC1000S still in the box and I want 2 C how the X1 will fair with the EFX in 2.0........I like the Denon unit but if controling the EFX is going 2 B a hassle it's gotta go on the chopping block and from what I'm seeing it's not going to have enough knobs. Damn the Denon is only a few months old and it's (seems) already obsolete, WTF!
DJ Infiniti 7:13 PM - 11 February, 2010
I'm wondering how you would trigger cue points on the 3rd deck? any ideas?
Bangophinx 7:33 PM - 11 February, 2010
Ma man.......... nice Konix
Serato post those goodies
djchrischip 7:40 PM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

+1
n 4th too ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:52 PM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1
n 4th too ;)

68 ;)
djchrischip 8:15 PM - 11 February, 2010
ya but with an sl3 n no midi?
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:23 PM - 11 February, 2010
mouse click
the_black_one 10:44 PM - 11 February, 2010
if your reading this msg, Konix has NOT made vid #3 for SL 2.0 and the NI midi controller
Konix 11:20 PM - 11 February, 2010
Those will be coming hopefully tonight.
the_black_one 11:21 PM - 11 February, 2010
cool, just so worn out on people asking 1000000000 times for it drives me nutz(no homo)
djbanno 11:37 PM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

Got any tips on the best way of mapping an Akai LPD8 to serato 2.0?

I have my LPD8 mapped through the Scratchlive midi tab (pre 2.0, but same as you would assign any midi function in Scratchlive) but this does not allow "scene" changes through the controller itself. I have been doing that by using saved midi modes inside the scratchlive setup area (setup, midi, create mode then save). Only problem is then when you want to change midi modes you need to touch your laptop.
I will be having a go on 2.0 beta tonight so i will know more soon.
Polanka 12:02 AM - 12 February, 2010
Great videos Konix!!!!
the_black_one 3:11 AM - 12 February, 2010
konix it's 2night!!!!!!!!!!! lol... just busting your ballz(no gay in any way)
Konix 5:01 AM - 12 February, 2010
Not so first look - Scratch Live 2.0 Public Beta - part 3

Watchwww.youtube.com
C. William 6:49 AM - 12 February, 2010
konix you're gettin' kinda futuristic with your shit now lol

thanks for doin them for us
Dj.Mojo 10:33 AM - 12 February, 2010
Looks really professionel with the intros.
Cool Videos!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:13 AM - 12 February, 2010
Quote:
Not so first look - Scratch Live 2.0 Public Beta - part 3

Watchwww.youtube.com

@ Konix -
Just played around with the Live Playlist thing as show in Part 3, seemed to work just like in the video, information was sent BUT I can't see where it went, I guess it is supposed to be attached to my Profile, but I don't see a option to enable it.

Is the website not enabled yet to post and view the Live Playlist thing yet. Didn't really do a detailed search but saw a hint saying that in the 2.0 Public Beta section.

Seems like a cool idea, if somebody could make a Twitter or Facebook Plug-in that would grab and re-post that info, it would be a great "live from the club" promotion tool. It would crush the hoopla over the Twitter - Native Instruments Richie Hawtin thing from a while back.
the_black_one 8:23 PM - 13 February, 2010
konix, quick question, I remember you having just a white macbook.Now i see you have a unibody Macbook pro.When you did the switch did you use the mac migration method to transfer all your data and settings over or did you use some cloning software. I'm about to buy a new computer and will like to know the best way to do so.

thanx for your time!
Konix 9:22 PM - 13 February, 2010
I just copied what I needed to my external drive, then put it back on my new(er) Mac.
the_black_one 9:23 PM - 13 February, 2010
ok, thanx konix
Konix 5:44 PM - 16 February, 2010
How to embed album artwork with Scratch Live 2.0

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 5:48 PM - 16 February, 2010
Don't use album artwork? Rather have bigger and better color dot column?

Watchwww.youtube.com
BattleFunk 12:42 PM - 18 February, 2010
great tips Konix, nice one :)

its really a shame you cant drag and drop straight from the browser to add artwork - i feel like its a cumbersome way of adding it in the current state

also, do the images embed in to the file, or do they need to be saved to a folder if you transport the library around?
dj-freestyle 6:35 PM - 18 February, 2010
konix, you did a video to add album art work in 2.0, how do you delete art work from a song , i placed the wrong cover with a song?
Konix 8:14 PM - 18 February, 2010
Just drag the correct image on the file and it will change it.
RogerRabbit 8:33 PM - 18 February, 2010
What happened with the X1 video?
dj-freestyle 9:42 PM - 18 February, 2010
oh ya good idea, wow im slow today. i noticed when you are not connected to the sl box and cant drag to the list of songs , you have to drag to single box on bottom eleft.
dj-freestyle 10:16 PM - 18 February, 2010
now i get it and have to highlight the song to drop in album cover, wow im off today but now im obsessed with album art work, its easy from discogs , thanks for head sup konix.
dj-freestyle 10:55 PM - 18 February, 2010
peace of advice for people, if you pull art work from discog click on the record and then drag that picture, not the one that first comes up, actually clicking on the record and dragging and dropping that one give's you a clearer album cover.
Konix 6:52 PM - 19 February, 2010
Traktor Kontrol X1 with Scratch Live 2.0

part 1 - Watchwww.youtube.com
part 2 - Watchwww.youtube.com

For best results, watch on Youtube and not embedded here, in HD (720p) and full screened.
CAW 7:15 PM - 19 February, 2010
Quote:
For best results, watch on Youtube and not embedded here, in HD (720p) and full screened.

Part 1 shows multiple resolutions available, including 720p. Part 2 does not offer multiple resolutions and does not appear to be in high def.
the_black_one 7:15 PM - 19 February, 2010
thanx konix
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:18 PM - 19 February, 2010
video dosent seem to be iphone compadible...BOOO
Konix 7:25 PM - 19 February, 2010
Part 2 video is significantly bigger than part 1 and is still processing, give it some time.
Konix 7:25 PM - 19 February, 2010
For HD, that is.
CAW 7:34 PM - 19 February, 2010
In part 2, the audio from Serato is very low relative to your voice, as well. Some of your demos of the effects are barely audible. Your voice level is fine, however.
Konix 7:47 PM - 19 February, 2010
That's intentional. The video is about the X1, not the effects. If I had the music louder, than you wouldn't be able to hear me, or I'd have to practically yell. Plus, it's not a direct feed of the audio, I basically just turned my headphones up and recorded it along with my voice through my built in mic.

When I do my FX videos, I will use direct audio feeds and will make sure it's nice and clear for y'all.
dj-freestyle 7:50 PM - 19 February, 2010
I must say Konix i have the denon and love it but i watched your x1 video and you do a great job of explaining things, very helpful for us not so tech people. props.
CAW 7:56 PM - 19 February, 2010
Quote:
I basically just turned my headphones up and recorded it along with my voice through my built in mic.

What, you mean you don't multi-track your audio when recording your videos? :)

Joking aside, your videos are well done.
kryptonitednb 10:51 PM - 19 February, 2010
Konix I just bought a MacBook Pro today and I'm switching from a PC . . . How difficult will that be? Just transfer over my music?
Konix 11:46 PM - 19 February, 2010
Quote:
Konix I just bought a MacBook Pro today and I'm switching from a PC . . . How difficult will that be? Just transfer over my music?

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
kryptonitednb 1:48 AM - 20 February, 2010
Thx dude, I was checking on my phone =)
RogerRabbit 2:37 AM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:

Good stuff Konix..
Culprit 1:59 AM - 21 February, 2010
wow.. I have been real skeptical on getting a midi controller but after seeing Konix video's on how to use it I want that X1... real bad..
Maskrider 3:21 PM - 24 February, 2010
I'm glad that Konix has a special place here........Good Job.
2Cuchi 4:58 PM - 24 February, 2010
yes we are taking donations (food Stamps...ect..)
jazjeff 3:26 AM - 2 March, 2010
Konix, First of thank you for all the vids, they have helped me tremendously.

I am trying to use ScratchTools to export all my videos to a text file. The problem is is that my music is on an internal drive and my videos are on an external drive. The folder that contains the crate I wanna export is on the external drive BUT it is located in a folder titles _scratchLIVE/Crates

Can you help me solve this problem. I tried dragging the crate from the external into the scratchLIVE folder on the internal, but it did not work.

Any suggestions?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:56 AM - 2 March, 2010
^^^ PM Nik39 and link to the above. Nik39 = Scratchtools expert (but still waiting on that Mac GUI - LOL)
stevie o 3:00 PM - 4 March, 2010
Are you the real jazzy jeff? I see your from pennsylvania. If so props. If not props.
DJ Unique 5:03 AM - 5 March, 2010
Quote:
Are you the real jazzy jeff? I see your from pennsylvania. If so props. If not props.

He can't be the real Jazzy Jeff.
He uses a Behringer DDM4000 & CDJ800's
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:37 AM - 5 March, 2010
Quote:

nice! how much$?
VJ Justin Allen 12:31 PM - 5 March, 2010
About $199.00
DJ Infiniti 8:09 PM - 5 March, 2010
So i use an external drive on my PC but now i am transfering the music from my PC to my Mac.. which scratchlive folder am i suppose to copy? the one on my C:drive or the one that is on my external drive? the one on my external drive shows up as a hidden folder and is name _ScratchLIVE_ .. im confused!

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
LOQUITO 2:16 AM - 8 March, 2010
I think Konix deserves an "Oscar, Emmy, Grammy" the least. Great stuff Konix
VJ Justin Allen 2:12 PM - 8 March, 2010
It's called a 'Scratchie" on these forums.
Konix 9:34 PM - 8 March, 2010
This one is not specifically related to Scratch Live, but I still get asked this a lot...

How to split your DJ mix/set into separate tracks
(so it's not one big long 80 minute track on CD)

Watchwww.youtube.com
LOQUITO 11:55 PM - 8 March, 2010
thank you konix specially for this last video
Culprit 5:19 AM - 9 March, 2010
thanks konix!
Free Man 6:55 PM - 9 March, 2010
Quote:
This one is not specifically related to Scratch Live, but I still get asked this a lot...

How to split your DJ mix/set into separate tracks
(so it's not one big long 80 minute track on CD)

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

Thats great news. i'll check it out when i get home forsure
stevie o 9:27 PM - 25 March, 2010
Konix as always great work on the videos.
I have A noob question that i am sure I saw somewhere in your videos Can you post the link for the video on you to make a universal column for all crates. For examople. If i click on all music and I set up my columns with song, artist, bpm album etc and I click on another crate these settings are different and I have to set up the columns for each crate. Im sure there is a right click or command click to fix this and keep all crates under a universal order system
thanks
Konix 10:59 PM - 25 March, 2010
That's what the custom crates column option does in the setup menu, don't check that option and all your crates should have the same column order/format.
stevie o 2:11 AM - 26 March, 2010
ahh, Im a noob
dj-freestyle 7:24 PM - 26 March, 2010
Me too, wish i would have know that a long time ago, lordy lordy
djfrequency 9:05 PM - 29 March, 2010
haha same here..
alh61266 12:20 AM - 26 April, 2010
i just about shit when i saw the video on how the DDM4000 mier can control SSL through other line inputs. yes obviously i have that mixer, and GC has that M-Audio has the piece for $39.99. I'm gonna copy your setup, it seemed factory. You Rock Konix!
feniks 12:54 AM - 27 April, 2010
just curious....what's a "mier"?
Konix 2:07 AM - 27 April, 2010
I think he just forgot the x.
feniks 12:56 PM - 27 April, 2010
Yeah...just messing with him
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:18 PM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:

i hate it when people do that lol
Free Man 1:33 PM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:

I hate that letter... when used by its self it reminds me of my X... dumb bitch
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:34 PM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I hate that letter... when used by its self it reminds me of my X... dumb bitch

I LOVE that letter, it reminds me of nights i cant really remember LOL
Dj BuddyLove 11:41 PM - 27 April, 2010
feniks 6:51 AM - 28 April, 2010
i gotcha bez! lol.
Konix 1:33 AM - 1 May, 2010
(not so) First Look - Rane Sixty-Eight mixer

Konix 1:33 AM - 1 May, 2010
Where are the DJ-FX in 2.0? (surprisingly, this keeps getting asked a lot in the Help forums)

www.youtube.com
Konix 1:34 AM - 1 May, 2010
How to map a MIDI controller in Scratch Live (remake and update)

www.youtube.com
MexiKanMan 7:32 PM - 1 May, 2010
Quote:
How to map a MIDI controller in Scratch Live (remake and update)

www.youtube.com

In your video you mentioned that "relative encoder" for the knob. Can you explain the differences? I guess knobs, buttons and sliders are all different?
kryptonitednb 3:08 AM - 5 May, 2010
Konix:

VSL videos plzkthxbye
Konix 5:59 AM - 5 May, 2010
Don't do videos/VSL, sorry.
WarpNote 1:02 PM - 5 May, 2010
Great work as always with the videos Konix!
How about sheding some light about the "advanced" file functions in 2.0 ?

I've tried it with some ALAC files, and found that my genre tags were erased/reverted to older version after moving. This while moving files between different locations on internal drive.
kryptonitednb 11:56 PM - 5 May, 2010
Quote:
Don't do videos/VSL, sorry.

Yeah I know, there's always hope though. =)
Jensen Määäm 2:50 PM - 6 May, 2010
Hi Konix, first of all, thank you for all the videos you did!
I just got me an Traktor Kontrol x1, then I watched your videos and still had a hard time to map that thing, like I want it....but I made it.
Anyway, I've got one more question: how do I assign pitch bend to a button? Because all I know is the letter on the keyboard that does the job, but I don't see any button on the screen like other functions I assign to knobs and buttons on my controller.
Konix 2:57 PM - 6 May, 2010
You have to switch to Internal mode to see the pitch bend buttons, they are the + and - buttons under the pitch slider (they used to be the << and >> buttons prior to 1.9). Map them in Internal mode, then you can use them in Relative mode.
Jensen Määäm 3:02 PM - 6 May, 2010
Thanks Konix!
Bigga Bounce Ent 7:06 PM - 8 May, 2010
Can you do a vid for Live Feed? just looking for a better understanding of how it works and any practical uses for it.

Thanks, your vids are great!!
DJ Oasys 5:52 PM - 15 May, 2010
Konix thank you for all your videos. The only thing I have difficulty doing is that cannot make the LED to light up individually despite use of the midipipe. I might be missing a step. Any suggestions? Thank you soooo much.
DJ Oasys 8:26 PM - 15 May, 2010
Got it all figured out.
reelsteelz 1:34 AM - 28 May, 2010
Need Help!!!

Looking for a tutorial on how to do doubles/echos. I believe it has something to do with beat juggling. Been on youtube, read some stuff on the topic, chopped it up with others, but not exactly clear on how it works. Been having a hard time with this on my own & getting frustrated.

If there is a video tutorial; PERFECT!

Help!!!

Good lOOkS
Konix 8:24 PM - 5 July, 2010
First Look - Scratch Live 2.1 beta

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 8:26 PM - 5 July, 2010
[b]Help! I just got an SL3 and all I can hear is a high pitch noise![b/]

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 8:27 PM - 5 July, 2010
Whoops, bold fail.
Jensen Määäm 8:27 PM - 5 July, 2010
Quote:
First Look - Scratch Live 2.1 beta

Watchwww.youtube.com

I watched it already, it's like brest milk for babies.
Thank you Konix!
Did you get the bag for the X1?
Konix 8:28 PM - 5 July, 2010
How to combine multiple external drive libraries/databases into one internal drive

Watchwww.youtube.com
LOQUITO 12:09 AM - 7 July, 2010
Thank you Konix. Great Video.
kryptonitednb 1:22 PM - 8 July, 2010
Konix, thanks for the 2.1 first look video man. I watched it in my hotel room in Houston Tuesday night and it saved me a lot of time!
dj_craigmac 4:17 AM - 13 July, 2010
When The Konix speaks I listen
Bigga Bounce Ent 2:00 PM - 13 July, 2010
^^AMEN!
MADLOGIC the Selectah 12:07 PM - 16 July, 2010
Quote:

lol hahahhahahaaaaaa
Funkytownstopsix 4:26 AM - 25 August, 2010
Knoix I have a question I was programing my 57, well in the internal mode you can use the plus and minus to slow or speed up the song is there a way to get them on to my 57 does not seem to be a setting for that. Now I could use a midi to do this but really would like to do it with the 57..... I don't think it's in the list. but just asking in case I am missing something... FYI i am not talking about fast forward or rewind....
Konix 12:15 PM - 25 August, 2010
Pitch bending? Yes you can assign that, in fact it is the default settings for the right P2 knob in Group 3.
Funkytownstopsix 12:54 PM - 25 August, 2010
Thanks,,, I didn't see pitch bending any where I will go to group 3 and use it if that is the case. I reprogrammed group five as I seen I would never use it. What would it be called on the list becasue I didnt see pitch bending on my list.
Funkytownstopsix 1:16 PM - 25 August, 2010
i guess its because I am triying to assing to joy stick is the reason I am not seeing it.
J.J. 3:56 PM - 25 August, 2010
Konix,

Thanks for the great videos. I have a few questions on Scratch Live. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to MIDI Map the DN-S3700 and I've ran into problems.

Is it true that you cannot...
* Cannot Clear a Cue Point in MIDI (I don't know what the guys in New Zealand were thinking)
* Cannot assign 1 button to divide or multiply a loop (It has to be a knob)
* Cannot MIDI assign any button to expand/extract the Crates (This is essential for file browsing)
* Cannot MIDI assign any button to Instant Double the 3rd and 4th deck (You can only do this with a mouse)
* Cannot MIDI assign any button to Instant Double to or from the Sampler (Again, by mouse only)
Konix 4:50 PM - 25 August, 2010
I'm pretty sure all of those are true except for expanding/collapsing crates, that's what the "Left" and "Right" buttons do in the library MIDI assign area (in addition to scrolling left/right in the tracklist area). "Right" expands the crate structure, "Left" collapses the crates.
J.J. 5:26 PM - 25 August, 2010
Thank you. I will try it out. Like native support on my DN-HC4500, I wish you could assign 1 BACK button to switch to the crate view, and expand/collapse while in a Crate. Another push button to switch to the track view, and load to a deck while in the Track View.

I know you can use a button to SHIFT in the xml. Hold 1 MIDI button down and you can assign all the other buttons to do another command. But can you assign 1 button to do a layer SHIFT, so you don't have to hold that button down?
J.J. 4:46 AM - 26 August, 2010
Konix, I've MIDI mapped the Left and Right buttons but they don't work. I've even tried holding down ALT+Click and it lets me assign it. However, unlike Ctrl+Left Arrow on the keyboard, it still doesn't let me expand/collapse the crates.

Any suggestions?
Konix 2:13 PM - 26 August, 2010
There shouldn't be anything difficult about it, I don't know, check this... tinypic.com
Funkytownstopsix 2:27 PM - 26 August, 2010
It sucks I cant map pitch bend to jogsticks only P1 or P2.... It's eaiser to map a nano to achive what I am trying to do.Plus it sucks that if I wanted to use a group I couldnt use P1 or P2 to scroll which means I would have to switch groups something I am trying to avoid by assinging to the joystick... Was going to buy the novation dicers but 2.1 is all jacked up.... auurrrrrrrh.... anyway have nice day... dman...
Konix 2:30 PM - 26 August, 2010
You can use the Dicers with 2.0 or any version really (well, 1.8.0+) and MIDI map them yourself.
J.J. 1:08 AM - 29 August, 2010
Thanks for the help and video Konix. That is exactly what I was doing but the Left and Right buttons don't seem to work on my end.

I was trying to do a How To Video found here www.poweronplay.com
kryptonitednb 10:55 PM - 29 August, 2010
Konix, is there some trick with getting midi pipe to consistently get the buttons on the x1 to light up? Seems hit or miss to me, maybe it's bc I'm using a USB hub for my midi devices. It's powered, so I would think it wouldn't be a problem.
feniks 5:13 AM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:
Konix, is there some trick with getting midi pipe to consistently get the buttons on the x1 to light up? Seems hit or miss to me, maybe it's bc I'm using a USB hub for my midi devices. It's powered, so I would think it wouldn't be a problem.

always start the program fresh every time you open SSL. that seems to work for me anyways...
thebuttonfreak 6:33 AM - 3 September, 2010
hey konix. Is there a way to get the buttons on apc40 or apc20 to light up/ stay on/change color using midipipe.
Konix 4:40 AM - 7 September, 2010
Quote:
hey konix. Is there a way to get the buttons on apc40 or apc20 to light up/ stay on/change color using midipipe.

If there's a will I'm sure there's a way!
J.J. 3:39 PM - 7 September, 2010
Thank you for the support Konix. Samuel from Serato Support responded to my help.

"Can you disable Video-SL in the plug-ins section of the setup screen? It looks like if you have this enabled it tries to do a video crossfade."

I disabled the Video-SL in the plug-ins section and the 'Left' (collapse) and 'Right' (expand) now work.

However, I do use video. Is there any way to have it expand/collapse the crates versus a video crossfade? My Sixty-Eight crossfader is already tide to the video crossfade.

Is there any way to design a MIDI command to do the exact same thing as the BACK button on the Sixty-Eight mixer or even the DN-HC4500 19" controller? The way it works on both of them is the BACK button goes from tracks to crates. While in the crates, the BACK button now expands/collapses the crates. Another button switches focus from the crates to the tracks and while in the tracks, it loads the song.
Konix 8:31 PM - 18 September, 2010
How to move everything from internal drive to external drive (remake/update)

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 8:36 PM - 18 September, 2010
Great new tool/program to sync folders to crates/subcrates in Scratch Live or Itch

Watchwww.youtube.com

This one's a bit interesting. Most of you are probably already familiar with nik's Scratch Tools program. This new program is similar to Scratch Tools, but only does one thing...sync folders to crates/subcrates. But this program is, no offense nik, not nearly as difficult/confusing as Scratch Tools.

You probably haven't seen the original thread as it was posted in the Itch forum, but for those that want to read more... serato.com
2Cuchi 12:34 AM - 19 September, 2010
Yo konix wend i add new music to my folder do i have to run the program again to scan
wen i do it all my music is red i have to run scan id3tag then located music in ssl to be normal
DJWarrenKelly 4:33 PM - 19 September, 2010
Quote:
How to move everything from internal drive to external drive (remake/update)

Hey Konix..I want to transfer all my music and crates to an external from an internal..I run a PC and I put all my music thru ITunes..Do you have a video on this?
stevie o 11:21 PM - 19 September, 2010
Quote:
Great new tool/program to sync folders to crates/subcrates in Scratch Live or Itch

Watchwww.youtube.com

This one's a bit interesting. Most of you are probably already familiar with nik's Scratch Tools program. This new program is similar to Scratch Tools, but only does one thing...sync folders to crates/subcrates. But this program is, no offense nik, not nearly as difficult/confusing as Scratch Tools.

You probably haven't seen the original thread as it was posted in the Itch forum, but for those that want to read more... serato.com

sweet
stevie o 12:45 AM - 20 September, 2010
konix I followed the instructions and it comes up with an error every time. My music is not located under my user name. It is located under macbook hd. Is this a reason for the error?
Konix 1:17 AM - 20 September, 2010
Your main music folder is on the root level of the drive (with the Applications, Users, Library and System folders)? Then it would just be,

music.library.filesystem=/<folder name>/
stevie o 2:37 PM - 20 September, 2010
still nothing konix. Can I make an appt with you later on ichat where u can screenshare and hook it up. Should only take a second thanks
Dj BuddyLove 3:57 PM - 20 September, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

nice!!
wish there was a way to only load crates not sub crates.
right now im getting massive scratchlive errors due to numerous sub folders within my main folders.
deepdjdanny 12:30 AM - 27 September, 2010
all my music's on an external, it doesn't work. the internal _serato_ folder's database is only 4kb, so no use pointing to that eh? the external's _ScratchLIVE_ database is 25MB so rather i pointed to it. no use either. help please. :)
2Cuchi 1:04 AM - 27 September, 2010
go here code.google.com
2Cuchi 1:08 AM - 27 September, 2010
your TextEdit File Need To look like this

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

# path to your personal music collection
music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/(?=Name of your external HD)/MUSIC/

# path to your serato library
music.library.itch=/Volumes/(?=Name of your external HD)/_ScratchLIVE_/
2Cuchi 1:11 AM - 27 September, 2010
Save As" giving it "itch-sync.properties" name.

not (.Text) at the end just itch-sync.properties
mastermind 6:55 PM - 30 September, 2010
Konix. How are the bridge videos coming along?
Konix 7:32 PM - 30 September, 2010
I don't really really use Ableton, so I won't be doing many Bridge videos, that said though... Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 7:32 PM - 30 September, 2010
*really really, lol
mastermind 12:02 AM - 1 October, 2010
I'm mind reader!
Question fellow Texan.
Did u build overviews with 2.1.1 and try to go back to 2.0 witch for me is more stable?
illmatic 8:20 AM - 1 October, 2010
The sync tool is on some next level shit
Jensen Määäm 8:39 AM - 1 October, 2010
Quote:
The sync tool is on some next level shit

Yep, I installed it right after Konix posted the vid...works fine...luv it!
Just have one question. In my music library I have an folder scratchlive and an scratchlive backup folder...sync all folders of my library means the programm creates these two folders and put them into my SSL as new crates. After the sync process I always delete them...help a brother out...do I need those two folders in my music library, is it normal that they are there, or was it me who put them there?
wadup 10:23 AM - 1 October, 2010
It there because you music files is at the root of my music along with your scratchlive folder. but if you made a folder ex. Dj music, put all your music files in that folder,leave scratchlive folder at root my music. Setup your itch.properties file with the correct settings and your good to go.

Btw. It's normal to have scratchlive folder in my music.
Jensen Määäm 11:08 AM - 1 October, 2010
Quote:
It there because you music files is at the root of my music along with your scratchlive folder. but if you made a folder ex. Dj music, put all your music files in that folder,leave scratchlive folder at root my music. Setup your itch.properties file with the correct settings and your good to go.

Btw. It's normal to have scratchlive folder in my music.

My music archiv is in a seperate folder under C, not in my music like the scratchlive folder.
wadup 2:34 PM - 1 October, 2010
ok in your itch-sync.properties do you have the name of the folder where your music files are located or did you just put something like this:

path to your personal music collection
music.library.filesystem=/Users/yourname/music/
Jensen Määäm 5:51 PM - 1 October, 2010
I wrote this in the properties file:

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

# path to your personal music collection
music.library.filesystem=C:/MUSIKARCHIV

# path to your serato library
music.library.itch=C:/Users/Jens/Music/ScratchLive/
Konix 10:37 PM - 1 October, 2010
Are you having any problems with the sync program Jensen? It doesn't matter where the folder is that contains your music, it can be anywhere. As for the ScratchLIVE and ScratchLIVEBackup folders, the Backup folder is just that, a backup copy of the ScratchLIVE folder. Scratch Live makes this folder on exit once a week, so in case you accidentally delete a crate, or anything bad happens to your SSL database, you have a recent backup to fall back to.
Jensen Määäm 3:54 AM - 2 October, 2010
Quote:
Are you having any problems with the sync program Jensen? It doesn't matter where the folder is that contains your music, it can be anywhere. As for the ScratchLIVE and ScratchLIVEBackup folders, the Backup folder is just that, a backup copy of the ScratchLIVE folder. Scratch Live makes this folder on exit once a week, so in case you accidentally delete a crate, or anything bad happens to your SSL database, you have a recent backup to fall back to.

No, I don't have problems with it, it works, it's syncronizing folder with crates and subcrates. It's just every time I use it, it adds 3 crates to my SSL, that are unnecessary:
scratchlive, scratchlive backup and ... all I do is deleting them and I'm good to go.
But, I think I'm doing something wrong and I want to avoid tha extra step of creating and deleting those crates.
Konix 4:01 AM - 2 October, 2010
Well, it will make a crate for every folder in the main parent folder you specify. If you're syncing your main My Music folder, which contains the ScratchLIVE and ScratchLIVEBackup folders, then it's going to make a crate for those folders.

Maybe you can make a suggestion to the author of the program to make it so if you specify your My Music folder it excludes the ScratchLIVE/Backup folders as crates...serato.com
Henry GQ 6:56 AM - 2 October, 2010
so when ur renaming mp3s or mp4s in ur folder.. how do u seperate the artist from song title and all of that...
Jensen Määäm 10:36 AM - 2 October, 2010
Quote:
Well, it will make a crate for every folder in the main parent folder you specify. If you're syncing your main My Music folder, which contains the ScratchLIVE and ScratchLIVEBackup folders, then it's going to make a crate for those folders.

Maybe you can make a suggestion to the author of the program to make it so if you specify your My Music folder it excludes the ScratchLIVE/Backup folders as crates...serato.com

Thanks for your help and the suggestion, Konix!
WarpNote 5:54 PM - 4 October, 2010
Quote:

nice!!
right now im getting massive scratchlive errors due to numerous sub folders within my main folders.

+1 Same thing for me, thats why I've been hoping for an extensive sync GUI tool for SSL since day one, something along the iTunes Folder Watch Program, (albumbrowser.klarita.net) only for SSL.

But I'm betting I'll always be doing this manually. ie: no perfect sync will ever occour ;)
Dj BuddyLove 4:21 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

nice!!

+1 Same thing for me, thats why I've been hoping for an extensive sync GUI tool for SSL since day one, something along the iTunes Folder Watch Program, (albumbrowser.klarita.net) only for SSL.

Holy Shizzzzzzzz

never knew about iTunes Folder Watch.. :)
thanks ima give it a run..

i went back to using iTunes Smart Crates
because SSL Smart Crates havnt been worked on and is extraemly limited.
thaought Serato was going to work harder on implementing a great file managment system..
guess it just got put on the back burner :(
Dj BuddyLove 4:22 AM - 5 October, 2010
ohhh thanks WarpNote for tha link ;)
Culprit 7:12 PM - 5 October, 2010
scratchtools baby
stevie o 10:35 AM - 30 October, 2010
Hey konix. I am analyzing files and am getting other files in there like .nib files such as bgyoutubexporter.nib files which is freezing my shit up everytime. I have show all file types uncheched. I use strictly itunes. Why are these files leaking through?
Culprit 6:05 PM - 30 October, 2010
why are u using itunes and scratchtools?
stevie o 8:52 PM - 1 November, 2010
i use itunes not scratchtools...Why? becasue its the easiest way to organize massive libraries
Culprit 9:01 PM - 1 November, 2010
I mis understood Stevie, i thought u were using itunes AND scratchtools.
Color TV 5:31 AM - 9 November, 2010
I too think iTunes is the best way to organize your files and edit the iD3 tags. But I def use the Serato Crates. I wish there was some way to sync the iTunes Playlists with the Scratch Live Crates...
illmatic 5:39 PM - 23 November, 2010
Konix,where da 2.2 update video @?
AIRX ONE 7:37 PM - 24 November, 2010
Dj.Mojo 9:40 PM - 24 November, 2010
I see you got the latest releases from 100%pure :-) great tracks!
Dj Ace 6:33 PM - 27 November, 2010
he forgot to mention one small detail if you own the rane 68 mixer you can now use 4 dicers to control each of your four turntables but great vid again Konix!
Henry GQ 8:51 PM - 27 November, 2010
thats the shit ace :)
djtate 9:40 PM - 28 November, 2010
dunno if this is the right place to do it but scratchtools not working witht he 2.2 beta cause it renames the scratchlive folder to _serato_
Res-Q 9:54 PM - 28 November, 2010
I think that's something Nik needs to adress on his side.
mastermind 4:25 AM - 14 January, 2011
konix are you going to post the vid for midi hacking SL to work with jog wheels ?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:18 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
konix are you going to post the vid for midi hacking SL to work with jog wheels ?

he already did
mastermind 3:39 PM - 14 January, 2011
Sorry..... Missed it
Konix 10:26 PM - 19 January, 2011
Help! I just bought my first Mac and my crates, cues, overviews, etc. don't save on my (NTFS) external drive.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 10:36 PM - 19 January, 2011
And I'd just like to say I just hit 1 million total views a few days ago and 5,000 subscribers just a few weeks ago, which in terms of Youtube isn't really a lot, but thanks to everyone who watches my videos. I hope you find them helpful.
Henry GQ 10:38 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
And I'd just like to say I just hit 1 million total views a few days ago and 5,000 subscribers just a few weeks ago, which in terms of Youtube isn't really a lot, but thanks to everyone who watches my videos. I hope you find them helpful.

nice! and congrats!
Res-Q 10:39 PM - 19 January, 2011
Props Konix
Jensen Määäm 10:42 PM - 19 January, 2011
Konix, we have to say thank you for all the work, heart and love you put in your vids!
Henry GQ 11:02 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Konix, we have to say thank you for all the work, heart and love you put in your vids!

agreed
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:06 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

agreed

+10000000
DJ DECK 11:19 PM - 19 January, 2011
Thanks Konix!
dj_craigmac 11:21 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

I said once and i'll say it again... When "The Konix" speaks i listen and learn. Thanx a million for the videos the y have saved and helped a technology challenged old dj over and over again. Thank You O Konix the GREAT ONE.
DJ Deebar 11:41 PM - 19 January, 2011
I strongly Agree.. Your the Man konix.. All my questions was answered..
DJWarrenKelly 3:06 AM - 20 January, 2011
Hey Konix,

I did just buy a new Mac and I am new to the Mac world...I'm wondering if you have a Video on how to transfer fro PC to Mac. I use Itunes for all my Music and obviously I need to transfer all crates and such. Btw I'm using 2.2 now if that matters and my Mac is a new 2010 MBP.

Thanks!
DJ BeatJerky 4:03 AM - 20 January, 2011
Thanx Konix! Your vids are always on point and very informative.

You are definitely the "Go To Guy".

Congrats!!!
Jensen Määäm 4:22 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
Hey Konix,
I did just buy a new Mac and I am new to the Mac world...I'm wondering if you have a Video on how to transfer fro PC to Mac. I use Itunes for all my Music and obviously I need to transfer all crates and such. Btw I'm using 2.2 now if that matters and my Mac is a new 2010 MBP.
Thanks!

Konix made some vids about transferring.
dj_craigmac 4:45 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
Hey Konix,

Thanks!

Dj Warrenkelly Here is the video solution to your question put together by the GREAT Konix himself...
www.youtube.com
DJWarrenKelly 3:58 PM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Konix,

Thanks!

Dj Warrenkelly Here is the video solution to your question put together by the GREAT Konix himself...
www.youtube.com

Thanks craigmac!
Dj.Mojo 7:37 AM - 22 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

agreed

Thanks a lot !
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 8:58 PM - 23 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1 from the Serato crew!
Great stuff
WarpNote 11:06 AM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
I don't really really use Ableton, so I won't be doing many Bridge videos
Now that's shame... Crying a little inside ... ;)
Konix 3:54 PM - 7 April, 2011
How To: Making the DJ switch with the SL4

youtu.be
dj-jv 7:27 PM - 7 April, 2011
thank you, konix
radikarl 9:02 PM - 9 April, 2011
if you play on two decks only, then wouldn't it be easier to do the follwing:

the two turntables go into channel 1 and 2 inputs.
channel 1 and 2 outputs go back into channel 3 and 4 inputs of the same SL-4 box
channel 3 and 4 outputs then go into the mixer.

DJ A selects decks 1 and 2 as primary.
DJ B selects decks 3 and 4 as primary.
now DJ B sets both his decks to "thru"
now DJ a can play.

to switch, DJ A switches a deck to "thru" in his scratchlive,
then dj B turns his thru off and he can play on that deck.
and when they both switch to "thru", they can play vinyl.

advantage: just one (MIDI MAPPABLE!!) button per DJ instead of a (NOT MIDI MAPPABLE!) drop-down menu.
radikarl 9:03 PM - 9 April, 2011
well i see now - what i just proposed is more for "back to back" playing than for a dj - switch / takeover.
DJ FANDOS 2:33 AM - 16 April, 2011
please, including action sync in serato soft.

all most the end traktor & vdj including in your software
thanks
Culprit 12:00 AM - 17 April, 2011
this is not the feature request thread fyi,

please use the correct thread in serato form.
thanks.
Dj SlimBrady 8:44 PM - 19 April, 2011
Quote:

Konix i have a few questions about this program before i try it and screw evrything up.lol
1) It is supposed to mirror my hard drive, but what if i already have subcrates in scratchlive?
2) Do i need to make my subcrates in my hard drive?
3) Will it work with video files?
4) With video i have to edit all my video id3 tags within scratchlive, will it keep all the work ive done already or will i have to do it all over?
Jensen Määäm 9:42 PM - 19 April, 2011
^If you don't have subfolders in your music library on your hard drive and you'll run this programm, then it will syncronize your one and only folder where you store all your music in with your crate in SSL.
The program does sync folders and crates you have on your hard drive and in SSL. If you have a crate xy in SSL but this is not a folder in your music library, the program won't touch it and it will be still in your SSL after running this program.
djpiojo 12:53 AM - 2 June, 2011
nice
ninos 8:01 AM - 5 June, 2011
konix you are the man. +1
the_black_one 8:05 PM - 20 July, 2011
Hey Konix...... I know you have something similar to what i'm about to ask for but i think it can be useful because i just had to do it and it was not hard but it did take a lil experimentation.

Can you make a video for folks that need to combine two _SERATO_ folders into one.

EX... if you have music in both internal and external and you want to move all into one ( all to external or all to internal).
Konix 8:49 PM - 20 July, 2011
Already did one on that... Watchwww.youtube.com
WarpNote 11:34 PM - 21 July, 2011
As Konix didnt post the link for his latest, I thought I would....

First Look - Scratch Live version 2.3 public beta
www.youtube.com
Dj Kahle 7:35 PM - 27 September, 2011
Great video but I'm still having trouble, when I click the 'start live playlist' button my web browser dosen't come up.

I can't seem to turn up any info on this issue :(
Dj Kahle 7:43 PM - 27 September, 2011
Disregard that i had my darn tabs mixed up, sorry about that.

Wrong thread.
Konix 5:57 AM - 3 January, 2012
Help! My DJ-FX aren't working in the new 2.3.3 version!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Unique 6:34 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Help! My DJ-FX aren't working in the new 2.3.3 version!

Watchwww.youtube.com

De-select then re-select FX1 & FX2 from each channel and it should start working again. At least that's what I did & it worked. I guess it's a bug.
radikarl 11:57 AM - 3 January, 2012
jup, it is a bug

for the beat multiplier. you can use a midi controller, that works. only GUI clicking does not.
Free Man 1:00 AM - 4 January, 2012
woo woo... any other issues people are having. I had that same issue with the FX not working...
dj-freestyle 3:48 PM - 5 January, 2012
mine work just cant adjust beats like konix said.
Konix 7:22 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
for the beat multiplier. you can use a midi controller, that works. only GUI clicking does not.

Yeah, just an update with some more findings...

DJ-FX not working in 2.3.3 - part 2

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Eighty 8 8:52 PM - 5 January, 2012
Konix........will U marry me?
DJ Eighty 8 8:53 PM - 5 January, 2012
LOL, as usual..............U da Man!
Free Man 8:56 PM - 5 January, 2012
any idea what caused the FX to not work? Did you just happen to come accross that?
Konix 9:07 PM - 5 January, 2012
I'm no programer, but it just seems to be a GUI bug at its core. The FX clearly do work, however, something in the code isn't registering the deck 1/deck 2 buttons as being active until deselected and reselected, or you deselect/reselect the FX plugin in the setup menu.

But, Serato already confirmed this fixed for the next version.
Free Man 9:47 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
I'm no programer, but it just seems to be a GUI bug at its core. The FX clearly do work, however, something in the code isn't registering the deck 1/deck 2 buttons as being active until deselected and reselected, or you deselect/reselect the FX plugin in the setup menu.

But, Serato already confirmed this fixed for the next version.

I recorded my new years set and it was so annoying when i went back and could tell the times where i wanted to have an effect do something and it didnt. totall killed a few transitions. two voices at full volume right on top of eachother... grrrrr pet peeves
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:40 AM - 7 January, 2012
Too awesome Konix, that is super helpful :)
DJBEATSONLINE 10:01 PM - 12 February, 2012
Konix- Im looking to clean up my folders on my internal and want them more organized. I do know there is a way to export actual crates and create new music folders after you export the crate. What is the proper way to do it if i am using a track on separate crates and want that track copied to other exported crates. i know if you move the file and use MOVE the Next crate will not have the file because the original file will be moved.

I cant find a video to this!
Funkytownstopsix 5:08 PM - 13 February, 2012
Konix 8:37 PM - 14 March, 2012
How to resize windows/panels (crate area, files, history, etc.)

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 8:38 PM - 14 March, 2012
Rane Sixty-Two (62) Effects Demo

Watchwww.youtube.com
radikarl 1:03 AM - 15 March, 2012
Once again, great videos, Konix!!
ninos 2:03 AM - 15 March, 2012
great video on effects!!!
DJRemixEnt 2:05 AM - 15 March, 2012
this is a crate with a super duper long ass name, why would you need it named so long, i dont know, but you can.

lmao
WarpNote 7:47 AM - 15 March, 2012
Quote:
Rane Sixty-Two (62) Effects Demo

Watchwww.youtube.com

Great work as always Konix!
Thought Id mention, the Robot FX does some filtering to more or less "focus" on the singers voice, and adds "robot" distortion. So it's not a regular pitch shifter. DJs who play gangsta rap, southern rap, etc, know already. Use moderate percentage, something like 20 or 40% and moderate depth for best results. Yes, I do think it can be real cheesy, but still fun sometimes.
djchrischip 4:39 PM - 16 March, 2012
hey konix, can u do a video explaining the 2.3.3 library rewriting... I am possibly looking to upgrade but want to know what I am getting myself into... I have mp4s and mp3s
ral 6:35 PM - 16 March, 2012
thanks konix -

the robot cannot do this pitch shift - so, to the bridge i guess

pitch shift
Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 12:15 AM - 20 March, 2012
Quote:
hey konix, can u do a video explaining the 2.3.3 library rewriting... I am possibly looking to upgrade but want to know what I am getting myself into... I have mp4s and mp3s

+1
Funkytownstopsix 1:13 AM - 20 March, 2012
Im not Konix but on that 2.3.3 you should know this. You have to reanalyze all your files again after which at least for me it rewrites the tags after I eject/play each video. Overall I am happy with 2.3.3 it's solid like 1.92 just wish it would rewrite tags while analyze....
Joee 1:20 AM - 20 March, 2012
so you have to build all overviews, that play & eject each track? a lot of work
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:44 AM - 20 March, 2012
you just have to realize what is happening as you play through your tracks.

You would probably want to avoid loading tracks rapidly in succession that haven't been loaded yet.

If you play regularly you just have to deal with it until you cycle through your mainstays. If you load a track you haven't played in a while just realize it will take a few seconds to loaded and ready to go.

I have 30K tracks so I am not going to load them all. If I catch the tag writing after I load a new track I just give it a few seconds and it all comes back to normal. It also helps to spin the track back a little bit if the waveform isn't loading right away
Joee 12:34 PM - 20 March, 2012
Quote:
you just have to realize what is happening as you play through your tracks.

You would probably want to avoid loading tracks rapidly in succession that haven't been loaded yet.

If you play regularly you just have to deal with it until you cycle through your mainstays. If you load a track you haven't played in a while just realize it will take a few seconds to loaded and ready to go.

I have 30K tracks so I am not going to load them all. If I catch the tag writing after I load a new track I just give it a few seconds and it all comes back to normal. It also helps to spin the track back a little bit if the waveform isn't loading right away

thanks dub.............
dj-freestyle 3:13 PM - 20 March, 2012
Man im glad you guys talked about this. i thought my computer was f up. i was like while all the sudden is it not loading right away. makes sense now. feel so much better
Funkytownstopsix 5:39 PM - 20 March, 2012
Quote:
Man im glad you guys talked about this. i thought my computer was f up. i was like while all the sudden is it not loading right away. makes sense now. feel so much better

Humm ,,, just so you know it's not like that for me and I am sure they designed it to write tags after you eject the song because the previous version did it while playing the video and that was all fucked up. I have no lag or load issues at all. It just writes tags which is stupid because that should be part of the analyze.
J.J. 6:32 PM - 27 March, 2012
LOL at Joee Avatar. It's the vector art I did from the leaked final, not the actual 62.
Joee 7:05 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
LOL at Joee Avatar. It's the vector art I did from the leaked final, not the actual 62.

lol,,,,,,you know some people were talkin smack cause i bought 3 62's.......so i put that pic on,thinking about making another account joee62'SSS
Tekon 8:47 PM - 16 July, 2012
Quote:
Hey Konix I use the serato program to record my live mixes. I use a rca cable with the earphone plug at the end. The rca part goes into the ttm56 mixer master output then the earphone pluggin part to the interface mic input. Then I use rca cable form mixer aux output to amp input to hear what im mixing.

In the serato software change record option to mic. just make sure your mic gain is a zero on the interface. The mixes never sound like ish either. I just do a lil editing with another program like normalizing, hiss reduce, convert to mp3 etc..

Why don't you just record directly in serato? This method sounds like a ball ache to me.
Konix 12:09 AM - 18 September, 2012
Introducing Alchimie Zinc - A new GUI based program to sync folders to crates/subcrates

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Nyce 3:17 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Introducing Alchimie Zinc - A new GUI based program to sync folders to crates/subcrates

Watchwww.youtube.com

dope. name is horrible tho.
WarpNote 3:24 AM - 18 September, 2012
Yep very nice. Still would like to have an option to specify:
source folder -> target crate, though...

Maybe the next version?
WarpNote 3:30 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Why don't you just record directly in serato? This method sounds like a ball ache to me.

You would either need the 57,61,62 or 68 to do this,
or route the mixer output into the aux input of the SL3/SL4.
djdannyd 4:38 AM - 18 September, 2012
Konix, I"ll give the next beta version a go ;)
Culprit 5:00 AM - 18 September, 2012
Great stuff konix,

i cant seem to get it to see mp4 files. I am using windows 7 at the moment.
Konix 1:44 PM - 29 September, 2012
Help! I can't install Scratch Live on my new Mac/Mountain Lion

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 1:45 PM - 29 September, 2012
Pioneer CDJ-850 HID mode with Scratch Live

Watchwww.youtube.com
popnwave 5:50 PM - 29 September, 2012
Awesome.. good to see the 850s working.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:33 PM - 29 September, 2012
Nice one Konix!!
LOQUITO 3:22 AM - 15 November, 2012
Thanks Konix
Joshua Carl 5:19 AM - 11 December, 2012
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

2 quick questions on this one.
what if you have 2 serato root folders.
IE, on my internal I have music
and on my external i have video
each root has a _serato_ folder. but it looks like in configure you can only add one

and if you do add one, will this break the connectivity of the other location in the library.
(perhaps the devs can add a 2nd drive option in the config, I know alot of video djs operate on 2 drives.

2. you mentioned slower load times and such. is that everytime you open ssl, or only after an update/new tracks.?
Konix 1:01 AM - 16 July, 2013
Sorry, I haven't been keeping this thread up.

HELP! My offline player sounds really fast now with the new 2.5 update

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 1:01 AM - 16 July, 2013
Oops, double post.
Konix 1:02 AM - 16 July, 2013
Finding the key of your tracks using KeyFinder

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 1:03 AM - 16 July, 2013
Using Emoji characters for star ranking and dividers

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 1:04 AM - 16 July, 2013
What are the Rane Device Drivers folders for?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 1:05 AM - 16 July, 2013
HELP! I'm hearing a ringing sound in the offline player

Watchwww.youtube.com

(same cause as the playing fast bug posted in above video)
Konix 1:06 AM - 16 July, 2013
I hate the new black Scratch Live icon. How can I get the old classic red icon back?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:08 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Dope!
Joshua Carl 4:50 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

EXCELLENT!
WarpNote 5:39 PM - 16 July, 2013
Konix, did you try those emoji stars on both ssl and sdj? And what os? And all file types? On my non dj rig 10.7 with ssl 2.4.4 it was "buggy", ie it converted the stars into "jibnerish" characters once the tag was written. Also, does it work with smart crates?

Will try with my 10.8 dj machine on 2.5 as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks, Warp.
stevie o 5:55 PM - 16 July, 2013
-
WarpNote 7:59 AM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I figured why I had issuse getting this to work, and thought I'd share:

I've always used the comment field for my star ratings, using regular text.
so when trying out Emoji icons, I used this field. Big mistake! for some reason, this field will convert the icon into useles text characters after load/analyze.

Before load/analyze: www.flickr.com
After load/analyze: www.flickr.com

But when using "composer" or "remixer" fields,
it works just as Konix describes. GREAT FIND!

Can confirm that this "system" works with smart crates :D
Thanks again Konix!!
Konix 1:29 PM - 22 July, 2013
Cool, thanks for the tip/warning. I never tried with the comment field as I use that for other stuff.
Konix 7:07 PM - 26 July, 2013
Recording your mix if you have a DJM-900/850/750 (and no SL3/4)

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 7:12 PM - 26 July, 2013
Tutorial - Advanced MIDI Output lighting new in Scratch Live v2.5

Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 1:28 AM - 27 July, 2013
Good stuff Konix!
Konix 2:37 PM - 7 August, 2013
How to copy a crate and its songs to another drive/location

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 2:38 PM - 7 August, 2013
Just want to say thanks again to everyone. Just hit 12,000 subscribers and over 2,000,000 views!
Culprit 4:06 PM - 7 August, 2013
@Konix

Is there a way to export crates to excel or pdf?
Konix 6:15 PM - 7 August, 2013
ScratchTools can export crates to .csv files, which you can then open in Excel and have a spreadsheet of all the tracks.
Jensen Määäm 6:16 PM - 7 August, 2013
Konix, your tutorials are the best! Thank you!
Bigga Bounce Ent 3:38 AM - 12 August, 2013
Quote:
How to copy a crate and its songs to another drive/location

Watchwww.youtube.com

Does this work with Smart Crates too?
4mydawgz 12:57 AM - 8 September, 2013
any vids on using the fx?i was watching a video where the dj moved the cross fader to the left side, but you still heard the song on the right fading with an echo. what effect is that?
dj-freestyle 3:57 PM - 9 September, 2013
That just how effects work when they are post fader
4mydawgz 10:07 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
That just how effects work when they are post fader

oh ok! thanks. will look into that.
DJ Rugged One 11:29 PM - 21 September, 2013
Hey Konix did you do a video of Rane Sixty-One Post Fader Flex FX ??? Tried to do it but couldn't get it to work. Thanks and sorry if it has been discussed.
WarpNote 1:33 PM - 22 September, 2013
Konix 2:30 AM - 17 October, 2013
First Look - Rane 64

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 2:31 AM - 17 October, 2013
Rane 64 with Serato DJ demo

Watchwww.youtube.com
boabmatic 3:44 PM - 17 October, 2013
dope vids... good to see SDJ running DVS for the first time...
Jensen Määäm 5:17 PM - 17 October, 2013
I was checking Konix' Youtube channel for those vids daily, like Serato was about to drop some hot new CVs. Thank you Konix!
Konix 9:30 PM - 28 October, 2013
Buffer KING!

Watchwww.youtube.com
monchi 1:16 AM - 29 October, 2013
^^^ No volume on video.
DJ Unique 5:16 AM - 29 October, 2013
Quote:
Buffer KING!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
^^^ No volume on video.
Konix 12:46 PM - 29 October, 2013
I made it on purpose with no volume (but there is a faint volume, actually).
Konix 2:04 PM - 31 October, 2013
Pioneer DDJ-SR Serato DJ Controller Walkthrough Demo

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 1:35 AM - 4 November, 2013
How-To: Enable Buffer KING in Serato DJ

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Wunder 7:00 AM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
Pioneer DDJ-SR Serato DJ Controller Walkthrough Demo

Watchwww.youtube.com

Private?
Konix 2:42 AM - 19 December, 2013
Serato DJ v1.6 public beta walk-through

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 2:43 AM - 19 December, 2013
Rane 64 hardware FX demo

Watchwww.youtube.com
djbillc 12:08 AM - 6 January, 2014
hi can anybody tell me why when i load some tracks in serato i get a yellow tab saying cannot use slicer mode beatgrid has not been set this is only on some tracks not all of them
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:19 AM - 6 January, 2014
Quote:
hi can anybody tell me why when i load some tracks in serato i get a yellow tab saying cannot use slicer mode beatgrid has not been set this is only on some tracks not all of them

Because you have not set up your beatgrids
djbillc 1:46 AM - 6 January, 2014
sorry to sound a bit dun this is my first time using serato do you mean i have to bpm all my music i fine when i bpm a track they are ok if thats not so can you tell me were to set up beatgrids in serato thanks
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:51 AM - 6 January, 2014
Go to youtube a search for serato dj beatgrids, theres a bunch of tutorials (there are probably some in this thread)
Konix 2:47 PM - 5 February, 2014
Pitch N Time DJ audio demo

Watchwww.youtube.com
The Despicable Nyan Cat 11:15 PM - 21 April, 2014
YAY Konix! Good voice too.
dbrioso 12:59 AM - 12 June, 2014
Still trying to get ScratchTools to work. Anyone else not having success with it?
Terminal is now non responsive when I enter commands.

ScratchTools 0.0.9.0
SSL - 2.5.0
SeratoDJ - 1.6.3
TSP2 - 2.6.1
MAC OSX 10.9.3
Konix 8:53 PM - 3 September, 2014
Serato FLIP demonstration

Watchwww.youtube.com
irieproductions 1:15 PM - 22 September, 2014
good tutorial Konix, Thanks for sharing! i also use cue points for visual aid to mark where i should trigger the next cue point hehe, i think its time serato increases the amount of cue points allowed, at least maybe like when using flip mode because i already ran out of cue points a few times when doing some "remixing" to get it saved on a flip slot.
Dj Wunder 4:43 AM - 24 September, 2014
I won't get flip for another few weeks to try this out, so can you tell me if the Flip works if you've deleted the original cue points used when creating the Flip?
Konix 12:13 PM - 24 September, 2014
Correct, you can delete the cue points used to make the FLIP after saving it. I show that near the end of the video,
Konix 8:21 PM - 24 September, 2014
Sorry, not the video above, but this video...
Konix 8:21 PM - 24 September, 2014
FLIP Tutorial - Editing out multiple parts of a track

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Wunder 1:12 AM - 25 September, 2014
Quote:
FLIP Tutorial - Editing out multiple parts of a track

Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice one, thanks Konix
irieproductions 3:54 PM - 13 October, 2014
Thanks Konix, it never ocurred to me that you could edit the flips offline without actually playing the track, here i was waiting for playback to reach my jump to point heh.
J.J. 3:05 AM - 15 October, 2014
Watch Serato's video on Flip 5 times. Still... no comprehend SPLICE. Watch Konix tutorial... understand first time around. Thank you Konix.
stevie o 6:23 PM - 16 October, 2014
Konix should get an award every year
DJ Unique 10:58 PM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:
Konix should get an award every year

Yep